May 11, 2024, 08:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:58:21 PM

Sneak peak at polling site!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:59:21 PM

Wow.  As a big bagholder who had pretty much given up on this project, I'm  super impressed with how things have progressed.  Thanks! (and sorry I didn't help)

Its never to late

What needs doing?  I've got a little some rusty C++ skills

Join us in google chats, add hanzlambrecht@gmail.com to google hangouts and i'll pull ya into the thread

armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Sneak peak at polling site!

Nice 

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:22:08 AM

Nice developments Smiley New wallet looks nice.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:20:24 AM

New Wallet! New voting platform! New ANN op! Yipee!

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:21:43 AM

When does the ticker symbol change on the exchanges?
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:01:45 AM

When does the ticker symbol change on the exchanges?

We're just talking about that, have to be careful that the exchanges don't change the apis, and only change the ticker.  May have to peg wallet to website, so we're still working it out.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:25:27 AM

Nice developments Smiley New wallet looks nice.

Happy to see you here Jefferson! More trust for me for Voot.
joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:35:00 AM

how does the back up file work as i want too make sure it works before i delete all the silkcoin data as i had 28300 coins in it?i did back it up but not too sure how it works

find the folder in Yourdrive:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin and copy your wallet.dat to another folder or to a usbdrive

After you delete all and install the new version, replace/overwrite the wallet.dat in Yourdrive:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin with the file wallet.dat you saved
first
thanks, i have the new version of the wallet back and it is syncing,
the transactions are on it but not on the ballance at all but when i look at the transactions
they all say conflicted,is that normall untill it syncs? and i have no unconfirmed balance
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:25:27 AM

Everyone please post here to aid in removing all other threads related to silk.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716327.new#new

Geeee man that was swift and ruff from them
not going to happen.

Anyway, I can't post there, the thread is locked

But I posted few big signs for people to see them and come over here or to the new site for the real thing
I don't know, but if we flood a little bit those old threads with posts like that, from time to time, maybe we'll get more people here
I guess the thread owner can remove them, but will we get banned or something if we quote too many of them, Arteleis?

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:54:42 AM

Everyone please post here to aid in removing all other threads related to silk.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716327.new#new

Geeee man that was swift and ruff from them
not going to happen.

Anyway, I can't post there, the thread is locked

But I posted few big signs for people to see them and come over here or to the new site for the real thing
I don't know, but if we flood a little bit those old threads with posts like that, from time to time, maybe we'll get more people here
I guess the thread owner can remove them, but will we get banned or something if we quote too many of them, Arteleis?

No I don't the the thread owners care lol.. last pic of old dev i saw in facebook was on a beach..

Just try to avoid conversation and link any new posts here.  Bout all we could do.  Pmed mod and he said the don't close threads over this kind of thing.
just the way it is.

PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:59:33 AM

Question about staking:  Is my wallet staking while I don't have it open on my computer, or while my computer is turned off?  My understanding is that it is not (please correct me if wrong).

And if it does not stake while my computer is off or wallet is closed, is it possible to have a "cloud-staking" service, in which a server-based solution is provided that stores a user's wallet and stakes 24/7?

It seems this would be a win-win situation for the users, the provider of the service and for the SilkConomy.
  • While we (users) may have to pay a relatively small portion of our staking interest in return for the service, we should earn more overall because we will earn interest 24/7/365 and have solid backup to their wallet.  
  • The provider of this service will benefit by receiving a portion of the users' staking coinage in return for providing this service to the users
  • The SilkConomy will benefit from the statistical increase in the amount of stake that is being proven

If my understanding of any of this is whack, please upgrade my knowledge.  I'm always happy to find out I'm wrong so I can learn things right.

I'd be happy to join the hangout to talk about this.  If you don't have time to investigate this, I am sure I can get the right people to happily make this happen.

Peace,
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:00:21 AM

how does the back up file work as i want too make sure it works before i delete all the silkcoin data as i had 28300 coins in it?i did back it up but not too sure how it works

find the folder in Yourdrive:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin and copy your wallet.dat to another folder or to a usbdrive

After you delete all and install the new version, replace/overwrite the wallet.dat in Yourdrive:\Users\Youruser\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin with the file wallet.dat you saved
first
thanks, i have the new version of the wallet back and it is syncing,
the transactions are on it but not on the ballance at all but when i look at the transactions
they all say conflicted,is that normall untill it syncs? and i have no unconfirmed balance

Yes everything you've done during the block chain will post as the the block chain syncs.
There are sticks we are working on at 60, 60.5, 61, and 61.5 for some users.  If you find it sticks too long, just restart the client.

Once everything syncs everything should be normal!  If not shoot another post or a pm and we'll dig deeper.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

Question about staking:  Is my wallet staking while I don't have it open on my computer, or while my computer is turned off?  My understanding is that it is not (please correct me if wrong).

And if it does not stake while my computer is off or wallet is closed, is it possible to have a "cloud-staking" service, in which a server-based solution is provided that stores a user's wallet and stakes 24/7?

It seems this would be a win-win situation for the users, the provider of the service and for the SilkConomy.
  • While we (users) may have to pay a relatively small portion of our staking interest in return for the service, we should earn more overall because we will earn interest 24/7/365 and have solid backup to their wallet.  
  • The provider of this service will benefit by receiving a portion of the users' staking coinage in return for providing this service to the users
  • The SilkConomy will benefit from the statistical increase in the amount of stake that is being proven

If my understanding of any of this is whack, please upgrade my knowledge.  I'm always happy to find out I'm wrong so I can learn things right.

I'd be happy to join the hangout to talk about this.  If you don't have time to investigate this, I am sure I can get the right people to happily make this happen.

Peace,

Yep it is true, when your computer is off your wallet is not staking.  I believe I read about this suggestion in ethereum as a possibility of building a service, where you can 'lease' your portion of stake to another user, so you don't have to have the computer on via smart contracts. I know that nxt does this, so is definitely a possibility. 

Sure I'll add ya to the party!

PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:17:03 AM

Sweet,
Expect an email from a very strange gmail address and we'll figure out when we can talk on the Gerbil-hangout  Cool
Maybe I'll rope in some friends who are smarter than me.

I see other big benefits to the user from this.  You can have the wallet constantly synchronized so you don't have to worry about it bogging down your computer when you have to update it if you haven't used it in days or weeks.  In fact it won't bog your computer or network down at all, pretty much ever.  Down the road, there will be people who only have a wallet on their phone, and they won't want the wallet constantly bogging that down and draining their battery.  People like me have the wallet on a laptop, which gets moved every day and has to shut down a lot, which constantly interrupts staking.

The list goes on. 

Thanks
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:06:14 AM

Sweet,
Expect an email from a very strange gmail address and we'll figure out when we can talk on the Gerbil-hangout  Cool
Maybe I'll rope in some friends who are smarter than me.

I see other big benefits to the user from this.  You can have the wallet constantly synchronized so you don't have to worry about it bogging down your computer when you have to update it if you haven't used it in days or weeks.  In fact it won't bog your computer or network down at all, pretty much ever.  Down the road, there will be people who only have a wallet on their phone, and they won't want the wallet constantly bogging that down and draining their battery.  People like me have the wallet on a laptop, which gets moved every day and has to shut down a lot, which constantly interrupts staking.

The list goes on.  

Thanks

Yep, searching hard for mobile devs.  And staking is def an issue on mobiles due to battery consumption.  The idea to lease out your stakes is good, because then you could essentially stake on your mobile, and recieve payment for your lease even with comp off.

Its a good idea. If ya got smart friends, bring em over to the silk side. (-:

Also talking with some devs about the auto mobile industry, as lots of mobiles are now built into new cars.  Probably a bit far off but being taken into consideration.  Mobile is the future.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:29:18 AM

Just want to give a welcome to all the new faces today from the Comm.. 

We all glad to have ya!    Roll Eyes

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

Peace,

Yep it is true, when your computer is off your wallet is not staking.  I believe I read about this suggestion in ethereum as a possibility of building a service, where you can 'lease' your portion of stake to another user, so you don't have to have the computer on via smart contracts. I know that nxt does this, so is definitely a possibility. 

Sure I'll add ya to the party!

NXT does this currently too, you can lease your balance to a forging pool to earn NXT without having to leave your client open.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:08:02 AM

Special thanks go to Dimitry on Cryptsy for sending me 100 SC: thank you very much! Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:58:11 AM

Whoo hoo, the caravan is going!  Free 100 SC for the first 100 people to subscribe and post on our Sub-reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Silk/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: