June 20, 2024, 03:03:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289458 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

New Client works great!!

The voting feature is awesome. Great things ahead for SILK as this evolves.

Will we be able to vote on more than one thing at a time? It would be cool to see all the issues/agendas being voted on

anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:49:34 PM

New Client works great!!

The voting feature is awesome. Great things ahead for SILK as this evolves.

Will we be able to vote on more than one thing at a time? It would be cool to see all the issues/agendas being voted on

I agree, this would be nice.  I'm happy to throw money to devs in this way.  It makes people feel like we are contributing, and honestly the devs deserve it + more.
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:05:30 AM

Hey everyone,

Very exciting to see the voting function in the new wallet!
These are still the first steps along a very exciting journey.
The ecosystem we have been discussing and dreaming, hoping, planning, is beginning to form.

All we need to do is get the first few moves right and the system protects and grows itself.
Bitcoin is so beautiful in its simplicity and design and thanks to that, made all of this possible.
Like mentioned before, the cryptocurrency system as a whole is busy evolving every second and all of it predicted on the Bitcoin foundation.
It reminds me a bit of Conway's Life or a complicated game of dominoes: beginning conditions are everything.

The only problem is that the natural selection and evolution happening in crypto world is very haphazard with so much reiteration and replication that a lot of energy goes to waste. In that wasted space is where my dreams grow for an "intelligent" cryptocurrency (doesn't really matter which one but Silkcoin by far the closest by virtue that the community and hence the coin itself has already hijacked its own further development.)

I imagine it a bit like a colony of ants trying to build a sand castle.
Bitcoin is the template of what this small creature, the unit of worker (an ant in my scenario) should look like.
It has all the features needed to pick up sand and move it from one spot to another. Fully self sufficient.
The only problem is that with all the other ants it has a hard time coordinating the actual structure of what it is building.
Of course there are mechanisms in place, a form of communication based on smells, pheromones and other clues, that help the ants communicate and some form of building to take shape.

With Silkcoin I hope for a metamorphosis. If we have the basic template for an organism to move sand from one place to another (the work performed in our scenario), why not expand on this idea until we don't need a hundred other clones? Why not take those elements but make our worker grow in size, give it a new nervous system, a better brain? Now instead of a colony of ants building a sandcastle it will more resemble a human building a sand castle. A single entity with many parts that all make up a unit and work in concert to build something that the individual ants could not even dream of.

The feedback system, the nervous system starts with the wallet and communication and voting as an integral part of it.

Our developers are not just programmers, they are genetic engineers, creating a new life form.

At the moment we have one topic we are voting on:
You're voting for: Voting platform URL
1. vote.silkcoin.io (52%)
2. soapbox.silkcoin.io (17%)
3. poll.silkcoin.io (30%)

It costs 10 SILK to vote. I voted for option 1.
I personally feel that my SILK gained from staking is fair game to be used in voting and enhancement. It did not cost me anything, I keep my wallet open to support the infrastructure.
I would be happy to send all my SILK gained from staking to causes I care about.

The SILK used in voting ends up being sent to a specific address that accumulates this fund.
The website to host the voting ideas is being created (hence us voting on it).
I have not spoken to the dev team about the future implementation so everything from here on is conjecture:

All the basic elements already exist to make this possible:

Bob wants SILK to incorporate a marketplace idea.
He wants a tab on the left that says "Bazaar" and if you click on it, it shows you a list of items/services that are linked to a Silkcoin address and is priced in $/BTC/SILK. Vendors can list items as per any other online marketplace, except he envisions a semi-decentralized version that pulls data from multiple sources (a bit like the "Market Data" tab). Bob has an idea for increased security by having the data supplied encrypted and then decrypted by the wallet based on a vendor supplied key. He also has an idea for having some vendors blocked or delisted for objectional sales/material based on community feedback and vote. (Examples of objectional sales would be nuclear weapons or your mother.) 

So Bob wants to raise funds for this as well as get community feedback on the merits of the idea.
He is well known in the community and trusted so people are happy to use him as the escrow for the "idea/vote fund".
If he wasn't, he would have to find someone trusted or take the slim chance that people will find him trustworthy.

Now he submits his idea to vote.silkcoin.io.
In the wallet there now appears under "Polls" tab: Bob's bazaar idea.
There is a link to a forum or other site with more information.
There is a drop down menu with options as discussed and contained in the extra information.

Space is limited on the "Polls" tab, so Bob has to put up a certain amount of SILK to have his idea listed.
He thinks this will really help the whole of Silkcoin and cryptocurrency so he sells his electric guitar which he never plays for $1000 and buys SILK. This SILK he submits to the vote fund and can be traced on blockchain explorer.
Since this vote now has a significant fund backing it, it rises to the top 20 of votes running and appears in the "Polls" tab.

Now Mary opens her wallet.
She has 50 000 SILK because she was a clever early adopter.
She really likes Bob's idea and an implementation described as option 2 makes the most sense to her and looks like the one most likely to be feasible. (Alternatively Bob has perhaps already found a developer who said it would be possible to do this and will take on the job if he could raise $20 000 and option 2 is in fact this developer who Mary has heard of before and trusts.)

So now Mary funnels her SILK gained from staking into option 2 of this specific idea.
Mary is not unique in thinking this is a good idea and another 50 people join her in the same way.
Bob set the time to 6 months to gain enough exposure and raise enough funds.
At the end of 6 months it is obvious which option won and how much SILK was raised and the SILK is now available to make the idea chosen by the community a reality.

While it is being implemented, the SILK in the vote wallet is silently staking and becoming more valuable.
A brilliant developer unleashes the new wallet with Bazaar implemented.
Bob pays the developer from the vote fund, conditions of payment or refund all described as per a contract on the initial idea-submission-page on vote.silkcoin.io.

End of story of Bob.

Jack came along later with an idea of how to make the whole system function without requiring reputation or trust but that is another story for another time.

arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:58:06 PM

Brilliant Jacqul.  I'm on it.   Fucking brilliant.   As pissed off I am at the creative cryptos relying on a market cap based on money... This one would be based on creativity.  At the comm level.  And would give developers a sniffing list on projects they might want to take on...

I think you just gave silk something very good here...

Good work friend.  I'm on it.

Silk Contracts anyone? .. Cool

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:25:17 PM

An obscure although relevant question.. how many people in this forum listen to heavy metal of various denominations?

anarchyx

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:02:37 AM

Brilliant Jacqul.  I'm on it.   Fucking brilliant.   As pissed off I am at the creative cryptos relying on a market cap based on money... This one would be based on creativity.  At the comm level.  And would give developers a sniffing list on projects they might want to take on...

I think you just gave silk something very good here...

Good work friend.  I'm on it.

Silk Contracts anyone? .. Cool

+1 good idea Jacqul
anarchyx

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:04:23 AM

I think we need to figure out how to make this forum post show up when you type SILK into google.com.  Right now the old main thread has 370 pages and ends up being the first hit on google, making it tough for people to find us.  I'm okay if people don't see us yet so that I can keep accumulating cheap, but for the big picture, we need to be visible so we don't lose potential investors after they click on the old silkcoin page and realize we're not there.

Any suggestions?
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

I think we need to figure out how to make this forum post show up when you type SILK into google.com.  Right now the old main thread has 370 pages and ends up being the first hit on google, making it tough for people to find us.  I'm okay if people don't see us yet so that I can keep accumulating cheap, but for the big picture, we need to be visible so we don't lose potential investors after they click on the old silkcoin page and realize we're not there.

Any suggestions?

Backlinks. 

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:31:00 AM

https://silkcoin.hipchat.com/home

Or join the chat. Left hangouts behind.

soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:14:41 AM

Hey Silk team - who worked on wallet graphics ?

I would hire him (or her) for a little work.

PM me !

pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:21:22 PM

An obscure although relevant question.. how many people in this forum listen to heavy metal of various denominations?

I do  Smiley  BTW wallet works brilliantly and no issue with sync. Big thanks to all involved!!!

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
soltantgris

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:41:27 PM

Went to a metal festival this summer (Heavy Montreal). Was not the best lineup, but still had fun with 40-60k others maniacs :p

(Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Dropkick Murphys, Lamb of God, Bad Religion, Voivod, Twisted Sister, Body Count, Penny Wise, etc).

I do prefer much more technical - progressive - brutal metal. Exemple, Ne Obliviscaris. 
PenguinsAreCool

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:24:57 PM

I played drums for a brutal progressive metal band for several years.  Also played a Slayer tribute show once.  We played Reign In Blood in its entirety Smiley  Brooootal.
armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:35:00 PM

Silk Metal Festival Soon!!!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:04:42 AM

SilkPool Update:

So, not so good news in regards to the pool. Our previous pool provider (livechains) closed their doors. So silkpool has been closed by no fault of our own. No coins were stolen, it's not like a mtgox thing. Long story short, mismanagement by livechains led to their host terminating their contract. All Of the pools on cloud hosting are now closed and refunds have been in process for about a day.
If you need to know more details you can pm me. Not interested in a public bash session on them despite my own harsh feelings on the subject.

I am waiting for our audit on payout's. Once I have that I will payout the final blocks before the closure.

This is not the end of SilkPool. In the spirit of silk, we are taking over things and doing it how we want. The situation has ffw plans to code our own pool. From the ground up. Done to our standards with more control over coins and the swapping algo. This minor hiccup will in the end create a better pool for silk. We intend to compete with the best pools out there!

I am just thankful we were just getting into beta testing. Not full release like many other pools that got burnt.

PM me for more details.

ttoroie

Activity: 404

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:10:57 AM

SilkPool Update:

So, not so good news in regards to the pool. Our previous pool provider (livechains) closed their doors. So silkpool has been closed by no fault of our own. No coins were stolen, it's not like a mtgox thing. Long story short, mismanagement by livechains led to their host terminating their contract. All Of the pools on cloud hosting are now closed and refunds have been in process for about a day.
If you need to know more details you can pm me. Not interested in a public bash session on them despite my own harsh feelings on the subject.

I am waiting for our audit on payout's. Once I have that I will payout the final blocks before the closure.

This is not the end of SilkPool. In the spirit of silk, we are taking over things and doing it how we want. The situation has ffw plans to code our own pool. From the ground up. Done to our standards with more control over coins and the swapping algo. This minor hiccup will in the end create a better pool for silk. We intend to compete with the best pools out there!

I am just thankful we were just getting into beta testing. Not full release like many other pools that got burnt.

PM me for more details.

Pitty
It did go well, good payment I would say during the beta testing
At least you got the experience now to build the next one
Let us know to test it when you find a good place
Thanks

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

I played drums for a brutal progressive metal band for several years.  Also played a Slayer tribute show once.  We played Reign In Blood in its entirety Smiley  Brooootal.

Yehhh.. reign in blood was always a good show ender. You got a recording setup?

Seems so far a lot of comm members are into metal.. how would everyone feel about re branding the camel into a heavy metal camel and supporting indy metal bands?

The camel.  METALS? on..

acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:44:23 PM

Yes!
Let's start a contest for artists and bands!
Does anyone know Sellaband?
And I'll say more: let's find a very good project worldwide and let's fund it a bit! Let's show what does it mean to have such a community...

There could be a section in the wallet like the voting platform in which we could vote on what to fund.

Does it make sense?
soltantgris

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:37:50 AM

Haha nice one !  I know a fuckin good young band (technical metal) trying to fund their first album - but I think they already got what it need.  I do love this idea - and I may send some if an actual project come to reality !
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

Yes!
Let's start a contest for artists and bands!
Does anyone know Sellaband?
And I'll say more: let's find a very good project worldwide and let's fund it a bit! Let's show what does it mean to have such a community...

There could be a section in the wallet like the voting platform in which we could vote on what to fund.

Does it make sense?

Sweeet actually didn't think of that.. we are working on jacquls idea of funding individual projects for the coin.  Which is deadly.  But when complete could also do crowd funding for indy bands.  Say it was torrent transfer.  The network could charge x silk and have a portion go to network and rest to the band.  Insta crowd funding for musicians and supporters.  Mmm this idea is getting better and better.

Basically see a list of either developments or bands.. similar to coinmarketcap or the decentralized marketplaces.. and give to what idea or dream you want.  Everyone else could do the same.

Silk is moving heavily Web based.  Although qt will still be the platform for desktop.. Cuz well qt 5.3 is fuckin amazing. And can pull any Web stuff strait into it.

Been lots of discussion about anon this and decentralized that.. p2p and crypto has existed for a long time.. much longer then crypto currency.. so we are exploring that realm to its fullest. 

And if this can benefit artists.. we'll fuk me.. that's all I've done most of my life. . Got jaded last band breakup.and given it full to cryptos.  If the two world's merge.  With spiked bracelets and leather jackets..  we'll shit... I've found my eternal resting place.   So far not 1 person has been uninterested in merging silk with metal.

Actually found out a bunch of us are musicians..  p2p could of course be used also to write songs and share tracks..

There's one thing I've noticed since I heard the word bitcoin first.  Altcoin.   Nobody even knew what an altcoin was.. and been watching the entire system being eroded by greed and corporate interest.
 It was all.meant for sharing and payments in sharing.   That's what the whole point is..
  There's now all these deadly coins out there.. that are completely undervalued and filled full of genius design.. everyone fighting over the value.. dumping coins pumping coins..  it truly will never end and it seems no amount of innovation makes a difference anymore when everyone is fighting over the same 8 billion dollars or so.

So why not start with a big middle finger?

A nice old pic of a camel depicted in the likeness of baphomet..  and light all our graphix on fire. 

The Camel Metals On. 

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: