May 21, 2024, 10:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:06:50 PM

If you want to catch up.

I show up originally as a shadow developer called SCDeveloper on page 116

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.2300

Read from there, and you will be a wise man on the Silk path......

Thanks...that rock!  I'll make that an evening read.  Is there a silk wallet link that you recommend?  I currently have my silkcoin on polo  Shocked

https://github.com/silkcointemple/silkcoin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.21

I would personally leave them in Polo and then transfer to Weaver once we launch.

yeah...eeekkk.  Its scary though, as we all know.  I have a bunch of Qora and a few others out there on Polo and several other large of amounts of small cap coins stuck on cryptsy...maybe worth a couple of btc. 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:08:43 PM

If you want to catch up.

I show up originally as a shadow developer called SCDeveloper on page 116

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676976.2300

Read from there, and you will be a wise man on the Silk path......

Thanks...that rock!  I'll make that an evening read.  Is there a silk wallet link that you recommend?  I currently have my silkcoin on polo  Shocked

https://github.com/silkcointemple/silkcoin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.21

I would personally leave them in Polo and then transfer to Weaver once we launch.

yeah...eeekkk.  Its scary though, as we all know.  I have a bunch of Qora and a few others out there on Polo and several other large of amounts of small cap coins stuck on cryptsy...maybe worth a couple of btc.  

Go to the SCDeveloper GitHub and take the blockchain dat file and download the wallet link i provided. Sync and then send a small amount to test. Then send whatever you want to your wallet.

You should of been staking, whoops, oh well, you live you learn Tongue
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:43:37 AM

Reading the last two pages I realized there's a great deal of work behind this project but I will wait for its launch to judge. We saw many coins and projects full of life at the beginning: is keeping that alive that counts.
Looking closely and waiting patiently.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 01:12:57 PM

Well I was working since April/May last year and in November I was joined by what is now the current full-time development team. So we are talking the best part of a year of work.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:27:56 PM

BIP103 and BIP106 are being looked at now to decide upon blocksize management for DarkSilk.

Blocksize increase over time according to Moore's Law? or depending on previous block size calculation and previous Tx fee collected by miners?

Decisions, decisions......
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:39:35 AM

Hi Gentlemen & Ladies...haven't been on here for awhile.  Not sure what is happening....but is the a name change planned or silkcoin to darksilk or something such going on.  I've accumulated a bunch of silkcoin and i'm curious as to the status of this coin.  Thanks

Not sure what is happening....but is the a name change planned or silkcoin to darksilk or something such going on?

Silkcoin will be able to be swapped to Silk at a 1:1 ratio on Weaver for an indefinite period.

DarkSilk will launch one month after Silk.

Weaver launches when Silk launches.

Silk has no PoW phase that rewards coins, just 10000 empty blocks to bring in PoS smoothly.

DarkSilk has unlimited PoW with a new algorithm, Argon2d. Blake2B is still used for PoS.

There will be crowdfunding phases for Silk Network development i.e. Silk, DarkSilk & Weaver which involves the sale of 4,000,000 DRKSLK.

So...I'm not a super techie guy and I'm going to be a bit painful for a lil bit.  I must convert my coin to silk from my silkcoin?  Then silkcoin to darksilk?  Is silkcoin turning into darksilk?  Sorry for these questions...I'm trying to understand the above information.  I'm willing to tip someone to help me through this process.

Is darksilk a 1:1 silkcoin?  I'm a bit of confused noob...so please bare with me.

If you want DarkSilk and want to use Silk to get some you can do that.

You can also deposit BTC to Weaver and use that to obtain either Silk or DarkSilk.

Silkcoin to Silk swap is 1:1 and the Silk to DarkSilk weave is obviously according to the market price.

Sorry for all the questions coming up...but I have good chunk of silkcoin...I've been a fan of the concept for a very long time.  What I'm not getting is...silkcoin going to become silk?  Then there is going to be another coin called Darksilk?  how do these relate?

NZMiner I answered your question in the post above yours.

Silkcoin is being swapped to a new coin called Silk and Silkcoin will cease to be traded and used.

The swap from Silkcoin to Silk will be indefinite so that no holders, like yourself, come out of the woodwork and have missed the swap and in-turn lost investment.

The Silkcoin to Silk swap is held on Weaver in its own section and is direct 1:1, this is only usable by people that held Silkcoin at the point of Silk releasing, not for any Silkcoin generated after that point.

Inside Weaver there is a service called Woven where you can "weave" between Silk, DarkSilk and Bitcoin, according to market prices from exchanges (aggregated).

All of the questions can be avoided if people just go back 30 pages and have a good read. If you are truly interested in securing your investment and learning about what we are doing, you would/will do this Cheesy

Also, read the bloody whitepaper, I didn't spend 60+ hours on that for nothing, lol - https://t.co/iUddqRZ5N8

OK, i originally thought that it was a 1:1 ration for swapping over to DRKslk

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 10:10:46 AM

Hi Gentlemen & Ladies...haven't been on here for awhile.  Not sure what is happening....but is the a name change planned or silkcoin to darksilk or something such going on.  I've accumulated a bunch of silkcoin and i'm curious as to the status of this coin.  Thanks

Not sure what is happening....but is the a name change planned or silkcoin to darksilk or something such going on?

Silkcoin will be able to be swapped to Silk at a 1:1 ratio on Weaver for an indefinite period.

DarkSilk will launch one month after Silk.

Weaver launches when Silk launches.

Silk has no PoW phase that rewards coins, just 10000 empty blocks to bring in PoS smoothly.

DarkSilk has unlimited PoW with a new algorithm, Argon2d. Blake2B is still used for PoS.

There will be crowdfunding phases for Silk Network development i.e. Silk, DarkSilk & Weaver which involves the sale of 4,000,000 DRKSLK.

So...I'm not a super techie guy and I'm going to be a bit painful for a lil bit.  I must convert my coin to silk from my silkcoin?  Then silkcoin to darksilk?  Is silkcoin turning into darksilk?  Sorry for these questions...I'm trying to understand the above information.  I'm willing to tip someone to help me through this process.

Is darksilk a 1:1 silkcoin?  I'm a bit of confused noob...so please bare with me.

If you want DarkSilk and want to use Silk to get some you can do that.

You can also deposit BTC to Weaver and use that to obtain either Silk or DarkSilk.

Silkcoin to Silk swap is 1:1 and the Silk to DarkSilk weave is obviously according to the market price.

Sorry for all the questions coming up...but I have good chunk of silkcoin...I've been a fan of the concept for a very long time.  What I'm not getting is...silkcoin going to become silk?  Then there is going to be another coin called Darksilk?  how do these relate?

NZMiner I answered your question in the post above yours.

Silkcoin is being swapped to a new coin called Silk and Silkcoin will cease to be traded and used.

The swap from Silkcoin to Silk will be indefinite so that no holders, like yourself, come out of the woodwork and have missed the swap and in-turn lost investment.

The Silkcoin to Silk swap is held on Weaver in its own section and is direct 1:1, this is only usable by people that held Silkcoin at the point of Silk releasing, not for any Silkcoin generated after that point.

Inside Weaver there is a service called Woven where you can "weave" between Silk, DarkSilk and Bitcoin, according to market prices from exchanges (aggregated).

All of the questions can be avoided if people just go back 30 pages and have a good read. If you are truly interested in securing your investment and learning about what we are doing, you would/will do this Cheesy

Also, read the bloody whitepaper, I didn't spend 60+ hours on that for nothing, lol - https://t.co/iUddqRZ5N8

OK, i originally thought that it was a 1:1 ration for swapping over to DRKslk

That was months and months ago when Silkcoin wasn't getting relaunched and also before hours, days, months of thought and looking at what could and should be provided.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 10:55:30 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

The whitepaper will have additions for the Decentralised Marketplace and its own internal messaging system.

DarkSilk will effectively have two messaging systems, the marketplace messaging being based on CryptoPP.

Also the Forecast & Projections subsection within the Silk section of the whitepaper will be extended upon by Gregory Betz.

In addition to those things Argon2d, the PoW mining algorithm will also be hit upon within the Proof of Work subsection of the DarkSilk section of the whitepaper, the same as Black2B in the Proof of Stake section.

Remember the whitepaper for Silk Network is not final until the launch of Silk.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 12:02:43 PM

In the coming days, weeks before launch, I would love for all people who have a genuine interest in the project to start spreading the word.

Too many people keep things to themselves when they find something good, but with our project being what it is, we believe that everyone should know.

If you have Twitter, follow us https://twitter.com/SilkNetwork and start using the hashtags #SilkNetwork #DarkSilk #Silk #Weaver

You can also do the same on Facebook with hashtags. If your an avid Facebook user, maybe hit up some cryptographic groups and currency related groups to spread the word about the coming launch and scale of the project. We don't currently have a Facebook group for Silk Network but it will be done just prior to launch.

Remember the more people involved and using the wallets doesn't just mean that the coin might have a good price but also deepens the anonymity and strengthens the network.

If you have any questions or any ideas that you can bring to the table, then please do.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 12:33:27 PM

In the coming days, weeks before launch, I would love for all people who have a genuine interest in the project to start spreading the word.

Too many people keep things to themselves when they find something good, but with our project being what it is, we believe that everyone should know.

If you have Twitter, follow us https://twitter.com/SilkNetwork and start using the hashtags #SilkNetwork #DarkSilk #Silk #Weaver

You can also do the same on Facebook with hashtags. If your an avid Facebook user, maybe hit up some cryptographic groups and currency related groups to spread the word about the coming launch and scale of the project. We don't currently have a Facebook group for Silk Network but it will be done just prior to launch.

Remember the more people involved and using the wallets doesn't just mean that the coin might have a good price but also deepens the anonymity and strengthens the network.

If you have any questions or any ideas that you can bring to the table, then please do.

https://twitter.com/Silk_Network     Wink

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:34:38 PM

about the cpu mining..
sounds good and easy way for new users.

but we have seen how botnets will crash those coins in no time.
also there is lot of people who have acces to datacenters and other bigger pc groups.
cpu mining is a good way to use to instamine a coin like darkcoin did.
relesease the algo but not the gpu miner, 2 million darkcoins instamined in one day..
and one part of that was so called bug in the code.. that was planned to happen.

and there are still big rigs out there and it is sure that rental power will come around if the coin kicks out.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 06:22:08 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 06:42:20 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

about the cpu mining..

also there is lot of people who have acces to datacenters and other bigger pc groups.
relesease the algo but not the gpu miner, 2 million darkcoins instamined in one day..
and one part of that was so called bug in the code.. that was planned to happen.

and there are still big rigs out there and it is sure that rental power will come around if the coin kicks out.

Yes. We thought about this long and hard on many levels. We are attempting to make this coin as fair as possible. In terms of release, mining, distribution and use.

Thank you Cisa for making these points. I am keeping a neutral stance on Darkcoin and the instamine, but yes Argon2d and the fact we are releasing miners and the UNOMP module eliminates that issue.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:14:57 PM

My question is what will be worth keeping? Silk or DRKSILK?

It seems the price of silk will directly affect the price od DRKSLK and vice versa.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:02:30 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 09:45:12 PM by cisahasa

about the cpu mining..

Yes. We thought about this long and hard on many levels. We are attempting to make this coin as fair as possible. In terms of release, mining, distribution and use.

Thank you Cisa for making these points. I am keeping a neutral stance on Darkcoin and the instamine, but yes Argon2d and the fact we are releasing miners and the UNOMP module eliminates that issue.

One good reason why I've never made a coin and don't plan to - that kind of diplomatic bullshit. I do wonder what he actually thinks about that, though.

a man who could do another evil pharma coin or extremely fair coin to mine. guess i told that to you ages ago..
i agree with this diplomatic thing.. and all the promotion needed.. those are not neither in my interest.
let the right guys handle those..

just got the latest git compiled for win.. and testing..

ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 1, prev=083e9d9651532df339fa2952ed8be5030143c36573c2125de89eb5931315ebfd
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-work at height 1
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

shall we have new chain..

CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:41:03 AM

a man who could do another evil pharma coin or extremely fair coin to mine. guess i told that to you ages ago..
i agree with this diplomatic thing.. and all the promotion needed.. those are not neither in my interest.
let the right guys handle those..

just got the latest git compiled for win.. and testing..

ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK 1, prev=083e9d9651532df339fa2952ed8be5030143c36573c2125de89eb5931315ebfd
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-work at height 1
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

shall we have new chain..

I think we need a new chain as well.  We will bump the protocol version and start a new chain.

socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:28:24 AM

I've been gone for awhile ever since the spectacular heist the orig Dev did. like what I am seeing is this new iteration strictly PoS (based off of old blockchain limitation) or has PoW been re-instated?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 11:39:31 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 01:58:28 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

I've been gone for awhile ever since the spectacular heist the orig Dev did. like what I am seeing is this new iteration strictly PoS (based off of old blockchain limitation) or has PoW been re-instated?

Silk will be still pure PoS, it will have 10000 blocks of PoW at the start of the new chain but these blocks give a 0 block reward and simply allow the chain to progress into PoS smoothly.

Coin Suffix: SLK
Algorithm: Scrypt
PoW Period: 10,000 Blocks
PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoW Reward per Block: 0 SLK
Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Maturity: 350 Blocks
PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoS Reward: 2 SLK Static PoS Reward
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 350 Blocks
PoS Min: 12 Hours
PoS Max: Unlimited
Total Coins: 2,000,000,000 SLK
Block Size: 2MB (2X Bitcoin Core)

DarkSilk will be PoW and PoS. PoW will be Argon2d, GPU mineable and without restriction in terms of time or blocks. PoS will be using the Blake2B algorithm.

Coin Suffix: DRKSLK
PoW Algorithm: Argon2d
PoW Period: Unlimited
PoW Reward per Block: 1 DRKSLK
PoS Algorithm: Blake2B
PoS Reward: 0.1 DRKSLK Static PoS Reward
PoS Stake Split Combined Threshold: 500 DRKSLK
Maturity: 100 Blocks (~100 minutes)
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 1440 Blocks (~1 day)
PoS Min: 1 Hour
Stormnode Collateral Amount: 10000 DRKSLK
Stormnode Min Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Stormnode Reward: 0.25 DRKSLK Static Reward
Budget Reward: 10,000 DRKSLK Static Reward Every 41,091 blocks (~30 days)
Budget Proposal Fee: 100 DRKSLK, 20 confirmations (~20 minutes)
Total Coins: 90,000,000 DRKSLK (~105 years)
Block Size: 20MB (20X Bitcoin Core)

Do ignore 'Block Size:' as they are not final.
socal

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:01:05 PM

Silk will be still pure PoS, it will have 10000 blocks of PoW at the start of the new chain but these blocks give a 0 block reward and simply allow the chain to progress into PoS smoothly.

DarkSilk will be PoW and PoS. PoW will be Argon2d, GPU mineable and without restriction in terms of time or blocks. PoS will be using the Blake2B algorithm.

Outstanding and whats the news on DRKSLK? Exchange support? Release date?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:22:34 PM

Outstanding and whats the news on DRKSLK? Exchange support? Release date?

All of these things will be in the new thread and OP. But of course this will be on exchanges i.e. Bittrex, Poloniex etc.

not on Cryptsy though Tongue
socal

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:25:16 PM

Ok last question is the new thread/ OP up or is that going to be when it is released.....if it will be during release I go back to my earlier post of what is the tentative release date?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: