May 27, 2024, 10:41:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:33:09 PM

Ok last question is the new thread/ OP up or is that going to be when it is released.....if it will be during release I go back to my earlier post of what is the tentative release date?

There will be a new pre-release thread specifically for the Silk Network, Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver. Prior to the Silk release.

Release date will be set in stone once the code is alllllll ready Wink
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:54:38 PM

Ok last question is the new thread/ OP up or is that going to be when it is released.....if it will be during release I go back to my earlier post of what is the tentative release date?

There will be a new pre-release thread specifically for the Silk Network, Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver. Prior to the Silk release.

Release date will be set in stone once the code is alllllll ready Wink

awesome thanks

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:55:25 AM

The min TX fee for DarkSilk will be 0.0001DRKSLK, just so people are aware.

This means TX fees are a 10000th of a PoW reward and a 1000th of a PoS reward.

With the PoW reward being 1DRKSLK and the static PoS reward being 0.1DRKSLK this keeps everything in balance and relative.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:35:31 AM

How stormnodes works?
How this coin achieving anonymous transaction in compared to other coins like SDC or DASH?
Where can l reed more about  Decentralised DarkSilkMarket, is this only idea or im missing something?

You can rent this space
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 10:10:42 AM

How stormnodes works?
How this coin achieving anonymous transaction in compared to other coins like SDC or DASH?
Where can l reed more about  Decentralised DarkSilkMarket, is this only idea or im missing something?

Here are the answers you seek - https://t.co/iUddqRZ5N8
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:00:52 AM

Just so everyone is aware, I just checked my emails today and started laughing sooooo hard.

Received this:
hi user,

i have seen you in the bitcointalk.org and you are doing pritty well.I

have 32full member and 8hero member account.I Have seen you from

couple of days and thinking to give you neqetive trust. so if you

don't want me to do that then send 0.01 bitcoins on

1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw .if i saw any post related to this

email then i will gave you lot of red marks

For someone who cannot even spell, I would love to see you do this.

As soon as the negative trust is added we will all soon see which accounts you speak of and then know these are sock puppet accounts controlled by you.

Weak attempt of blackmail towards a developer with no funds. Good luck in your ventures.

BTW the email address I received this from was manojit.jgd@gmail.com and the name attached was MANOJIT MUKHERJEE.

Please see the original screenshot of the email below:

Moderators please be aware of this and if negative trust is added to my account I trust you to act accordingly.

Also some advice, anyone who falls victim to this or is threatened with blackmail, NEVER PAY, once you pay they will ask for more and more.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:21:08 AM

If something happens to you Spencer you should open a thread in the Scam Accusations thread so that mods and everyone here will be aware of it.
But that seems a very stupid scam attempt IMO.
Don't worry.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:23:06 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 02:10:00 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

If something happens to you Spencer you should open a thread in the Scam Accusations thread so that mods and everyone here will be aware of it.
But that seems a very stupid scam attempt IMO.
Don't worry.

0.01BTC, laughable.

His address http://blockr.io/address/info/1HpKWsnU9oov7BDimWLpXfvEphE3iCjCcw

No transactions.

Not a very successful blackmailer.

With not much investigation, simply searched the email address on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/manojit.mukherjee.16?fref=ts

Hello Blackmailer  Grin

I cannot believe he used his real name and email address, utter stupidity.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1332256.new#new
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:01:35 PM

LMFAO DOXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 05:26:42 PM

If I have SilkCoin now, what will be the process to exchange old coin for the new one? or it will be the same and the new coin will have the same blockchain?

SilkCoin (SILK) will be renamed Silk (SLK) with a new blockchain and with an improved wallet and source code. You will be able to exchange your SilkCoin for Silk via Weaver on silknetwork.org at a 1:1 ratio. The launch date of Silk is TBD.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 01:44:23 PM

If I have SilkCoin now, what will be the process to exchange old coin for the new one? or it will be the same and the new coin will have the same blockchain?

SilkCoin (SILK) will be renamed Silk (SLK) with a new blockchain and with an improved wallet and source code. You will be able to exchange your SilkCoin for Silk via Weaver on silknetwork.org at a 1:1 ratio. The launch date of Silk is TBD.

Okey, much appreciated. I will keep accumulating SILK.

If I have got it on Poloniex, I will need to with manually too?

Manually?
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:12:39 PM

AFAIK Polo's addresses will be snapshotted so that we will know the exact amount that need to be swapped. I know it's a third-party exchange but it seems the best place to keep your SILK before they will be able to be swapped for SLK.
Am I right?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 04:38:45 PM

AFAIK Polo's addresses will be snapshotted so that we will know the exact amount that need to be swapped. I know it's a third-party exchange but it seems the best place to keep your SILK before they will be able to be swapped for SLK.
Am I right?

We will be ironing out the best way for users to get their funds in order in preparation for the swap. We are looking to launch Weaver for registrations before the Silk launch and allow users to send their Silkcoin to their online wallet and then swap to Silk once the swap becomes available.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:21:42 AM

I saw quite a lot of volume on Poloniex lately, more than 2 BTC. Someone sold and someone bought a good stash.
This coin is really moving along.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:30:21 AM

I saw quite a lot of volume on Poloniex lately, more than 2 BTC. Someone sold and someone bought a good stash.
This coin is really moving along.

Yeah that last price sold is below the price its been at by about 100 satoshi, good time to buy.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:59:49 AM

So another question which might have already been answered is how exactly will the swap be performed? I know that might sound kind of stupid but I've never done a swap for a coin before.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 10:45:35 AM

So another question which might have already been answered is how exactly will the swap be performed? I know that might sound kind of stupid but I've never done a swap for a coin before.

Nice and easily.

1. Deposit your Silkcoin (SILK) to your Weaver online wallet.
2. Enter the Swap section of Weaver.
3. Select the amount of Silkcoin (SILK) to swap 1:1 with Silk (SLK) and submit.
4. Your Weaver wallet will be credited with Silk (SLK).
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:34:36 AM

So is the chain starting from zero with SLK?  There will in theory be a large amount of SILK lost during the transition(stuff in cryptsy, unclaimed polo addresses etc), so will the projected amount of SLK available at launch be much less than SILK that exists now?

Also what is the purpose of SLK if DRKSLK is basically a better coin in all ways?  It seems like you more or less built a coin from scratch with the amount of work youve put into it, and then attached it to the SILK network/name because of its community/name/price, and as an entry point into weaver, which is essentially a centralized platform, yes?  Do weaver fees go to nodes processing the transactions/performing services or do they go to the dev crew to maintain the weaver platform?

Also I was originally under the impression that SLK would also have masternodes that ran services on top, but since that isnt the case, what purpose does it actually serve besides being one of a myriad of functional coin networks?  Is there anything planned that will actually use both networks(besides weaver, which sort of depends on SLK/DRKSLK, not the other way around)

Should I look at SLK as a quick and easy-to-use payment method, and DRKSLK as more of an in-depth service layer?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 01:21:38 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 01:42:32 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

So is the chain starting from zero with SLK?  There will in theory be a large amount of SILK lost during the transition(stuff in cryptsy, unclaimed polo addresses etc), so will the projected amount of SLK available at launch be much less than SILK that exists now?

Also what is the purpose of SLK if DRKSLK is basically a better coin in all ways?  It seems like you more or less built a coin from scratch with the amount of work youve put into it, and then attached it to the SILK network/name because of its community/name/price, and as an entry point into weaver, which is essentially a centralized platform, yes?  Do weaver fees go to nodes processing the transactions/performing services or do they go to the dev crew to maintain the weaver platform?

Also I was originally under the impression that SLK would also have masternodes that ran services on top, but since that isnt the case, what purpose does it actually serve besides being one of a myriad of functional coin networks?  Is there anything planned that will actually use both networks(besides weaver, which sort of depends on SLK/DRKSLK, not the other way around)

Should I look at SLK as a quick and easy-to-use payment method, and DRKSLK as more of an in-depth service layer?

So is the chain starting from zero with SLK?

Yes, well, block 1, we lost block 0 (Genesis) that had no coins in it. Wink

There will in theory be a large amount of SILK lost during the transition(stuff in cryptsy, unclaimed polo addresses etc), so will the projected amount of SLK available at launch be much less than SILK that exists now?

We will snapshot the amount of Silkcoin (SILK) in circulation just prior to the launch of Silk (SLK), addresses attaining Silkcoin (SILK) after the will not be eligible for the swap. The swap is indefinite to start with as we know there are a lot of holders of Silkcoin (SILK) that will come out of the woodwork down the road, some of which could be large investors and we do not want to see anyone losing any investment or time.

Short answer, the same as the amount of Silkcoin in circulation as at the point of launch of Silk.

The purpose is to provide a network that encapsulates two cryptographic currencies sharing a safe platform that is trusted and are trusted. Silk will be developed further, with Stormnodes, Smart Contracts and more. Weaver is a centralised site that utilises decentralised services. Transactions and messaging are decentralised and handled by either the Bitcoin, DarkSilk or Silk networks. If the fees are for transactions from a DarkSilk wallet to another DarkSilk wallet (same for BTC and SLK) the fees are that of the networks which goes to the nodes, plus a withdrawal fee which goes towards the funding of Weaver.

Our aim is to decentralise the entire Weaver platform into both DarkSilk and Silk directly and onto the blockchain. We do not like centralisation in any form as much as the next user.

I would say that SLK is an easy gateway for users to start using and being a part of the Silk Network and DRKSLK is for the advanced user and as you put it, "an in-depth service layer", as such.

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:15:31 AM

The purpose is to provide a network that encapsulates two cryptographic currencies sharing a safe platform that is trusted and are trusted. Silk will be developed further, with Stormnodes, Smart Contracts and more. Weaver is a centralised site that utilises decentralised services. Transactions and messaging are decentralised and handled by either the Bitcoin, DarkSilk or Silk networks. If the fees are for transactions from a DarkSilk wallet to another DarkSilk wallet (same for BTC and SLK) the fees are that of the networks which goes to the nodes, plus a withdrawal fee which goes towards the funding of Weaver.
Are stormnodes necessary? DRKSLK will have them...

Smart Contracts souds cool because its the hype of the moment but why not load all the tech on DRKSLK and do away with SLK? Now you are creating 2 coins which essentially could be loaded into one. This would make DRKSLK more attractive for investors. Now they will have to split their money, which with all the coins out there, has already been diluted several times over. Why choose SLK over Ethereum or Factom?

Our aim is to decentralise the entire Weaver platform into both DarkSilk and Silk directly and onto the blockchain. We do not like centralisation in any form as much as the next user.
That is awesome. This was the only concern I had with the weaver!

I would say that SLK is an easy gateway for users to start using and being a part of the Silk Network and DRKSLK is for the advanced user and as you put it, "an in-depth service layer", as such.

SLK sounds like it is kept above average to appease the public, while DRKSLK is where its at.
It is my believe that concessions get you killed, the public is a horrible mistress...
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: