June 15, 2024, 01:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 09:32:29 PM

I finally got my silk wallet back up and running and staking away.

Thanks for the advice Spencer

Happy the advice worked out for you Wink
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:49:54 PM

code got some new blood into it.. looking way better again.

but, "DarkSilk should take a maximum of 4-6 weeks to be finalised"
i think it can take more time..

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 12:28:01 AM

What makes you say that Cisa?
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:07:21 AM

after the base code and rules done:
optimization of the final code..etc
that will take time and more people needed to see all the points of view from other os than linux.
of course it can be done after first release, maybe it is the way to go.
code has many parts(mostly argon source is not optimal) that could be changed to drop out some build deps needed.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:15:43 AM

that will take time and more people needed to see all the points of view from other os than linux.
code has many parts(mostly argon source is not optimal) that could be changed to drop out some build deps needed.

Argon2d branch is by no means final. We have Wolf looking over the code and Amir is adding this to the wallet. We need to add chainactive and then the rest of the list posted on the last page. The hashes of the Stormnodes will be switched to the Argon2d PoW hash and the PoS blocks will be using Blake2B. Travis is also needed and some other bits for building. Then we test. We have multiple devs on all OS's, including yourself Wink
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:20:50 AM

Argon2d branch is by no means final. We have Wolf looking over the code and Amir is adding this to the wallet. We need to add chainactive and then the rest of the list posted on the last page. The hashes of the Stormnodes will be switched to the Argon2d PoW hash and the PoS blocks will be using Blake2B. Travis is also needed and some other bits for building. Then we test. We have multiple devs on all OS's, including yourself Wink

good.
gcc calls to emmintrin are causing me headache..

also the official argon branch is still having updates

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:29:56 AM

good.

Can always pull request fixes for building on your platform Wink

Yes the Argon2d branch will be updated and merged to master.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:31:28 AM

good.

you know how lazy i am according that.

just a feeling, darksilkgui has some part eating cpu..

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:32:37 AM

good.

Overprinting to debug and CPU usage are on the list.

Those are in fact the last two jobs before and during the UI which is the last job.

EDIT: Last job, lol
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:40:37 AM

good.

Those are in fact the last two jobs before and during the UI which is the last job.

that never ends, it is a infinity loop to make a good one.
imagine all the work, time and number of peoples behind current btc code, and now btc is making suicide because minor things, worst one is too late and missing consensus to blocksize.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

good.

that never ends, it is a infinity loop to make a good one.
imagine all the work, time and number of peoples behind current btc code, and now btc is making suicide because minor things, worst one is too late and missing consensus to blocksize.

Too many cooks in the kitchen? I feel I took the correct route working alone and quietly from April last year until September/October time and then bringing in a team and going public fully in November/December. A year of hard work, pulling between 12 and 18 hour days, every day, including holidays. I think if you go back through GitHub there will be a commit pretty much daily going all the way back. Blocksize is quite a funny one at the moment, especially as everyone seem to be sheep and just slapping their blocksizes up to 2MB, just like Bitcoin. Well, we are thinking a bit deeper on this one and are going to take the best option that we can choose from with the current options available to us.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:01:27 AM

not to make too long, clear start.

about block download.
would it be too easy to have effective p2p like torrentz, make a fast buffer file for chain, and then same time load it.
current hd first just did not make btc dl any better.
every time i use my btc wallet, wait a day or two for synch, that sucks.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 02:05:57 AM

about block download.
would it be too easy to have effective p2p like torrentz, make a fast buffer file for chain, and then same time load it.

Because of Stormnodes and their incentivisation, we will be developing headless wallets after the DarkSilk Core is released.

However a preloaded DAT file could be an option which once pulled from is deleted.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:13:51 AM

about block download.

Because of Stormnodes and their incentivisation, we will be developing headless wallets after the DarkSilk Core is released.

that is a one way, a short cut for many users.

just opened my btc wallet, wow i have somehow empty chain, lets wait a week..
using the:Latest "stable" version of Bitcoin Core: 0.11.2

Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:24:03 AM

Mr. Lievens, sorry to interrupt - may I ask a question? (Ok! Fine, more than one)

1) Are there any possible attack vectors in DarkSilk that have not been patched?
2) What is the retarget algorithm you are using?
3) What happens to header-first downloads from BitCoin Core 0.10?
4) Can staking have high CPU usage?
5) Will running, acquiring and using the DarkSilk client tax my resources? (2 GB RAM, 3 GHz Processor)
6) What is your take on the block debate?
7) How will you take care of Selfish Stake Nodes?
8 ) Now, the last question - How will you prevent monopoly?

Also, how are you doing?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 03:46:45 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 04:18:00 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

Mr. Lievens, sorry to interrupt - may I ask a question? (Ok! Fine, more than one)

1) Are there any possible attack vectors in DarkSilk that have not been patched?
5) Will running, acquiring and using the DarkSilk client tax my resources? (2 GB RAM, 3 GHz Processor)

Also, how are you doing?

This is not really answerable until we get the last few bits of code in and begin another round of testing. However we are aware of security issues within the wallet such as the PoS hashes being tied to the Stormnodes and these for instance will be changed to the Argon2d PoW hashes. But with a 3 tier network using PoW, PoS and Stormnode Quorums I do not believe a Sybil attack would be possible.

The retarget algorithm for difficulty is taken from Blackcoin and we have adapted the code to make it easier to read by inserting static constants. PoW and PoS have individual difficulty and it is retargeted each block.

We are implementing header first once we use CBlockHeader and GetBlockHeader which need to be implemented first.

We are using the faster Blake2B algortihm for PoS. The CPU usage for this will come out in testing and we will update the community once we know.

Currently on my i5 4690k it utilises between 0%-9% and around 40MB of RAM. After we refine the GUI and CPU usage in general this will be reduced further. Short answer, no.

I believe that because it is such an issue for Bitcoin they had to act quickly, whether they chose the correct action, I don't think so. I believe an adaptable or smartblock method should be used. BTW 'SmartBlocks' as of this moment is my own coined expression and terminology (take note lol) and if its used for something else, ill have to come up with a better name Cheesy

DarkSilk and Silk both use PoSv3 from Blackcoin i.e. Static PoS Rewards and with Split Stake. Coin age is completely removed from the equation rendering selfish stake node a problem of the past.

If you mean in terms of stopping or preventing any one party investing a large amount into either DarkSilk and Silk, no, there is nothing we can do.

Also, how are you doing?

Waiting for my food still to turn up, so I answered your questions now, instead of in the morning Wink
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 12:54:05 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 12:58:53 AM by cisahasa

one point generaly about pow/pos hybrids, pos gives you extra security to so called 30-50 attacks.
currently btc is constantly under a attack. some pools use custom software where they ignore last block submited by network(for sometime). if they can generate two blocks in a row their chain will be longest and valid. then this earlier found&ignored block ends upto be an orphan.

that can be totally be eliminated with pos/pow ratio, depens what rules dev wants to be the final ones.
i think the point is that there would never be a need to do a hardfork.

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:06:27 PM

Hi SL,

What are you recommending for a wallet?  and when is the swap feature going to be available?  Thanks...Looking forward to this.  R
Empinel

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:51:18 PM

Also, how are you doing?

This is not really answerable until we get the last few bits of code in and begin another round of testing. However we are aware of security issues within the wallet such as the PoS hashes being tied to the Stormnodes and these for instance will be changed to the Argon2d PoW hashes. But with a 3 tier network using PoW, PoS and Stormnode Quorums I do not believe a Sybil attack would be possible.

The retarget algorithm for difficulty is taken from Blackcoin and we have adapted the code to make it easier to read by inserting static constants. PoW and PoS have individual difficulty and it is retargeted each block.

We are implementing header first once we use CBlockHeader and GetBlockHeader which need to be implemented first.

We are using the faster Blake2B algortihm for PoS. The CPU usage for this will come out in testing and we will update the community once we know.

Currently on my i5 4690k it utilises between 0%-9% and around 40MB of RAM. After we refine the GUI and CPU usage in general this will be reduced further. Short answer, no.

I believe that because it is such an issue for Bitcoin they had to act quickly, whether they chose the correct action, I don't think so. I believe an adaptable or smartblock method should be used. BTW 'SmartBlocks' as of this moment is my own coined expression and terminology (take note lol) and if its used for something else, ill have to come up with a better name Cheesy

DarkSilk and Silk both use PoSv3 from Blackcoin i.e. Static PoS Rewards and with Split Stake. Coin age is completely removed from the equation rendering selfish stake node a problem of the past.

If you mean in terms of stopping or preventing any one party investing a large amount into either DarkSilk and Silk, no, there is nothing we can do.

Also, how are you doing?

Waiting for my food still to turn up, so I answered your questions now, instead of in the morning Wink

Thanks dude! Have a good one
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 07:44:09 PM

Hi SL,

What are you recommending for a wallet?  and when is the swap feature going to be available?  Thanks...Looking forward to this.  R

When you say what do I recommend for a wallet? Do you mean what hardware to run it on, what type of wallet i.e. headless, core, mobile etc. or do you mean Silk or DarkSilk? Little unsure on the question.

Swap will be available from the second Silk launches.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: