Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SHLD] ShieldCoin - X15 - PoS - Fair Launch - Whitepaper RELEASE!  (Read 106482 times)
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:21:27 PM

So, what people have to think about is the anonymity on an IP-level versus anonymity of transactions between wallets.

If i understand this correctly, shield has built their own VPN with masking of IP, and within that network running the P2P network of shield. I have had these thoughts my self, running an own VPN-network and let P2P traffic get routed within it. When shield build their own VPN network, they are doing it because of the possibility of masking IP-adresses with generated hashes. What is good about it is that you get encrypted tunnels and you can somewhat punch holes through NAT.

Well, basically.. you can basically accomplish all this by running I2P and skip the VPN-part, because you wont need it.

The second thing is anonymity between wallets. This is accomplished by ring based mixing. Nothing new.

So what this is, is I2P and ring based mixing.

Just giving you a hint before you invest..

could you tell us another coin doing it

No, not using their own "VPN"/IP tunnels, but alot where they are using either TOR or I2P which accomplish pretty much the same thing. Allthough i welcome any sort of new innovation, but in this case i can not see the point. There are better solutions to build anonymity on IP-layer, multipath is one of them. And ring based mixing, well thats another issue. Zerocoin/multipath is the way to go here, which TOR-coin and XC are doing right now.

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:24:14 PM

BTW, seriously invested in SHLD. Been staking. But, as far as the logo.... my 2 sats....

The minimalism in the original logo is perfect.

I believe in this coin... I also question why people would put in so much work for a coin w/ 1m supply just to dump for 17k? Plus, release what could be the best and most innovative implementation of anon, yet. Whatever this is. It's aiming a little higher ;]

But if it wants an audience, I think the logo nails what people will be looking for in the long term.
+10000
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

About Mintpal i thought they used cold storage??? this is huge i withdrew everything just gonna stake in my wallet fuck these exchanges

Apparently Mintpal does not use cold storage. The theft of coins would not have happened on this scale if that were the case. They are lying scumbags and should not be trusted again.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
shieldcoindevs (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:49:59 PM

With all the drama at Mintpal today with Vericoin ......Shieldcoin could be in a position to capture the exodus if the Dev is real person and not some scamming piece of shit............he needs to come out and support the coin creating community, most if not all these coins have 0 besides a promise.....If the dev does what he says then 100k is nothing if u look at marketcap of all these fucking coins

Agree on dev transparency. If the dev will be more transparent about who is behind this team, it will add tremendous investor confidence.

Yes, and if the dev team is just one person he should say that. This haven't to be a flaw if the community supports the coin and all have the same vision and stand together. But transparence is all in this business...

Coin developers use newbie accounts and hide their identities because of the way the community reacts to any prices changes at all.

Because of someone elses FUD yesterday, myself and two other users who share this account received threats and other unpleasantness.

The features I stated in the paper are under development. I am also adding a filesharing mechanism because it isn't much more work to implement into the current project.

We will continue to move forward regardless of setbacks, and we will have a paid $300 USD logo contest announced shortly, also.

darkproton

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:51:35 PM

With all the drama at Mintpal today with Vericoin ......Shieldcoin could be in a position to capture the exodus if the Dev is real person and not some scamming piece of shit............he needs to come out and support the coin creating community, most if not all these coins have 0 besides a promise.....If the dev does what he says then 100k is nothing if u look at marketcap of all these fucking coins

Agree on dev transparency. If the dev will be more transparent about who is behind this team, it will add tremendous investor confidence.

Yes, and if the dev team is just one person he should say that. This haven't to be a flaw if the community supports the coin and all have the same vision and stand together. But transparence is all in this business...

Coin developers use newbie accounts and hide their identities because of the way the community reacts to any prices changes at all.

Because of someone elses FUD yesterday, myself and two other users who share this account received threats and other unpleasantness.

The features I stated in the paper are under development. I am also adding a filesharing mechanism because it isn't much more work to implement into the current project.

We will continue to move forward regardless of setbacks, and we will have a paid $300 USD logo contest announced shortly, also.

Sorry to hear about the threats. That's bullshit. Thanks for your work and continued dedication to shield. You guys rock!
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

Sorry to hear about the threats. That's bullshit. Thanks for your work and continued dedication to shield. You guys rock!

Good job devs! Keep your eyes on the prize and pay no heed to the hate mail!

sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

The bad apples have made this a tougher place to be for the good apples. I'm a big believer in non-anonymous devs, but I cant argue with what's said here - people blame devs for FUD and price fluctuations that are obviously beyond their control.

All that can be done now is exactly what he says above - maintain development progress. The hope is that when they come out with future development updates and their work product, yesterday's FUD will fade as a bad memory.

Like someone else said, there's a lot of chaos out there right now, with Mintpal and other coins -- a lot of people are looking for safe havens, solid coins and solid devs. If the SHLD team continues to deliver on what they've promised to do, and continues to provide reassuring updates, they and everyone else who put up with this unfortunate FUD nonsense, will be rewarded for staying focused on long-term progress.
smille

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:13:52 PM

Nice, time to dust off the trusty MS-Paint!  Grin
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:14:47 PM

Don't worry dev. I'm sure there are a lot of people in this community who will support you, especially after your clarification with the FUDs.

As far as a logo, what was your vision?
SecondsOld

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:18:59 PM

Back in the game...thanks for the cheap coins guys Tongue
Kgman

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:21:14 PM

Respect to the dev! fuck those cock suckers they are just little bitches

PS - Anybody that wants Mintpal listing can go fuck themselves .....
knievel

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:25:28 PM

I understand you well. And for me, there is no need for clear names or anything else which is able to identify you in the real world.
But, perhabs, you can answer following questions, so we (the community) can appraise how serious this project is and everybody knows what to expect here.

- How many people support this project directly by their work? How many people are working on technical topics (coding, infrastructure,...)?
- Are you working in the it industry or where did you get the necessary knowledge for this?
- How many hours per week are you (and the whole team) able to work for this project?
- Are you able to create a road map and are you able to meet the appointments?

Thank you for all your efforts! I'm still believing in this coin! Smiley
studentwiskunde

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:57:34 PM

Hi,

Has anybody problems with syncing?

I use Windows, and the wallet has no connection.

Yesterday, I had 11 connections.

I have deleted multiple time the shieldcoin map in C:\Users\[myAccountName]\AppData\Roaming\shieldcoin.

I see someone worrying wallet.dat file is backupped;)

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Help, appreciated!

Could anybody help me?

darkproton

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:16:30 PM

Hi,

Has anybody problems with syncing?

I use Windows, and the wallet has no connection.

Yesterday, I had 11 connections.

I have deleted multiple time the shieldcoin map in C:\Users\[myAccountName]\AppData\Roaming\shieldcoin.

I see someone worrying wallet.dat file is backupped;)

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Help, appreciated!

Could anybody help me?

Backup wallet.dat file. Close shieldcoin. Delete everything in C:\Users\[myAccountName]\AppData\Roaming\shieldcoin.
Create a file ShieldCoin.conf.
Inside it place
Code:
addnode=95.85.62.12
addnode=162.243.122.97
addnode=188.226.184.232
open shieldcoin
let it run til syncs.
Close.
replace wallet with one you backed up.
Start shieldcoin
Max and relax
Kgman

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:33:43 PM

Im sorry DEV u really neerd to step up here .........alot people lost money yesterday because of your fuck up ........apologizing and saying ur disapointed is fine but this coin needs results and a roadmap with timeline and shit.......ya ur gonna get threats but this Alt World is alot of scamming fucks and u still have not proved in anyway ur not one of them ..........im sick of this shit really am .....
studentwiskunde

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

Nope, it is not working tried today in the morning.

Now I have compile QT-wallet in Linux mint, the same problem.

I have also added Shieldcoin.conf with the nodes. It is still not working.

I have a laptop with dual boot
- Windows 7 (addnode with Shieldcoin.conf file is not working)
- Linux Mint (Compiled half hour ago QT-Wallet, and added Shieldcoin.conf but still have 0 connections to network)

I think there is a problem with the network.

Could others confirm that QT-wallet syncs?

Who can help me?

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

baxto

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:46:03 PM

this is starting to hurt pretty bad
smille

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:46:57 PM

Im sorry DEV u really neerd to step up here .........alot people lost money yesterday because of your fuck up ........apologizing and saying ur disapointed is fine but this coin needs results and a roadmap with timeline and shit.......ya ur gonna get threats but this Alt World is alot of scamming fucks and u still have not proved in anyway ur not one of them ..........im sick of this shit really am .....

Don't act so entitled, that's your own fuckup. Maybe you should have searched the whitepaper for yourself first, don't blame others for your investments that don't perform up to expectations. Shit like this happens constantly here and in the outside world. Caveat emptor.

Dev has continued posting here since and clarified the situation, despite it being glossed over when he first mentioned it in his draft. Have patience, have faith, or cut your losses and move on.
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:52:16 PM

What I notice...All the senior members have lots of understanding and realization that what happens happens and everyone should move on. Still being positive and support the devs to continue work and keep things go steady - That's good.

Then there are the people who are acting like the world owes them and that things should be sorted so that their maid can come back to wipe their arse. Patience is a good thing to learn and more people need to have it. No one asked everyone to buy into the coin, that was a choice they made, it crashed because of something, they all do. I am quite content sitting with the coins I have and wait. Maybe it will come back and do me good. Maybe it will slowly fade. Who knows.

I just have faith that what has been said is in the process of being done, or at least they are trying. There are hundreds of coins out there where the devs have lied and then bolted. I just hope that this is not the case here, but we will never know till the bitter end. So for those who are 'so angry' and just want to waste space by making angry posts for no reason other than blaming the devs for the fact they lost money, I can honestly say that there are very few people on the threads that actually care about what you lost. I'd be surprised if the number ever made it to 5. Everyone who continually reads this thread has something invested in this coin. They all want it to climb back up. I also know there are many people who bought in at 50k. So in essence everyone would like it to go up, but the majority of the people have no control in making that happen.

So sit back, wait and maybe throw the devs some support instead of blaming them for the fact that you bought some coins and you haven't made enough to by the new Justin Bieber shirt you wanted. I will say this again because I think it is important...we don't care.

To the devs: There are a lot of people who are holding and actually believe you can do what you say. Keep working hard as we are patient and want to see something good in the medium to long term.
studentwiskunde

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

Nope, it is not working tried today in the morning.

Now I have compile QT-wallet in Linux mint, the same problem.

I have also added Shieldcoin.conf with the nodes. It is still not working.

I have a laptop with dual boot
- Windows 7 (addnode with Shieldcoin.conf file is not working)
- Linux Mint (Compiled half hour ago QT-Wallet, and added Shieldcoin.conf but still have 0 connections to network)

I think there is a problem with the network.

Could others confirm that QT-wallet syncs?

Who can help me?

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Hi,

After waiting hours on help, I get one post(help) by DarkProton, but it has not helped to solve my issue.

So, I have decide to sell all my coins, and jump to another "good" coin. I hope that Shieldcoin will be succesfull. But I will leave now because I want not to take the risk to loose money, if they fail.

I will follow Shieldcoin, when they have new logo I will as soon as possible update Shieldcoin price ticker.

Good luck dev.

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: