Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748499 times)
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:45:58 AM

Dude, I don't think even safety goggles would be safe for an idiot like you.

LOL
Really good one.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Please note we have two retards in this thread that make no sense.  Consider them two girls and his thread as their cup.  They add no value here and just make potential investors cringe.

Please back to your scam darkbitcoidark

Please go back to emptying your XST wallet, you illiterate fuck.
Yes I hold BTCD, sorry you are jealous, also watched you lose faith here, so fuck off.
Check my posts as to when I have been here.

P.S. I told you before, calling yourself anything "writer", is a joke in itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtent

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:47:29 AM

LOL
Really good one.

Please note we have two retards in this thread that make no sense.  Consider them two girls and his thread as their cup.  They add no value here and just make potential investors cringe.

Really retards, one of the guys hear dumped all his XST, and you probably don't know the difference between troll bait and Chandran signatures. Or maybe you'd like to do me the pleasure of explaining them to me rather than making ad hominem attacks. You guys have been going on for the last hour talking nothing but shit. So get off your high horses.

Sure guy, talk to me.
Have been here since 400 satoshi and have not left, what were you saying?
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:49:32 AM

why is everyone in this thread always so hostile....
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:51:00 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 06:04:24 AM by BTCwriter

LOL
Really good one.

Yes I hold BTCD, sorry you are jealous, also watched you lose faith here, so fuck off.

P.S. I told you before, calling yourself anything "writer", is a joke in itself.

Jealous my ass, I don't even bother to touch that scam crap. This darkcoinbitcoindark scam is just waiting for a big dumps. I once saw from 0.011 to 0.005 only worth about 15BTC, in reality that is $2,500,000 in market cap lose. You can say I am illiterate because English is not my first language, it's not even second or third language. I still think you're a dumb fuck.
LOL
joffmac

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:52:22 AM

why are there so many crying little girls involved in the crypto  world?it makes me Grin
xtent

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:53:01 AM

LOL
Really good one.

Jealous my ass, I don't even bother to touch that scam crap. You can say I am illiterate because English is not my first language, it not even second or third language. I still think you're a dumb fuck.
LOL

Sure Mr."Writer", who dumped?  Case closed.

Oh and while I am sitting good with my XST, my best profit by far is BTCD.
tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:55:16 AM

LOL
Really good one.

Really retards, one of the guys hear dumped all his XST, and you probably don't know the difference between troll bait and Chandran signatures. Or maybe you'd like to do me the pleasure of explaining them to me rather than making ad hominem attacks. You guys have been going on for the last hour talking nothing but shit. So get off your high horses.

Sure guy, talk to me.
Have been here since 400 satoshi and have not left, what were you saying?

How is stealthsend indepent from XST, I take it that its a protocol separate from the coin. If that is the case how are Chandran signatures used, if not on the blockchain? Do they happen off the blockchain? Can stealthsend be used on others coins. For example DarkCoin uses nodes to mix coins with dark send, which I can see could easily be adapted to other coins. Is XST actual code that different from bitcoin other than being PoS, and the total amount of coins that can be created?

I know with CryptoNote coins use ring signatures in the blockchain itself or there wouldn't be a problem of blockchain bloat. If XST isn't using them now, and stealthsend is separate from the coin how do Chandran signatures come into play?
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:55:37 AM

AFAIK Chandran signatures is a feature of stealthsend not XST but don't quote me feel wait for hondo to clarify or check previous posts.
So..what is the relationship between XST and Stealthsend?
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

I think it's time everyone take a step back and focus on the coin and the technology here rather than bashing each other and every new person or potential troll that comes in the thread.

Please stop quoting the trolls.

Please stop accusing everyone who asks a question of being a troll.

And, PLEASE STOP calling each other names.

It's completely unnecessary and makes the community look hostile and unfriendly.

Think about it.  You're only hurting yourselves and everything this team is working to accomplish.

Thank you.

Don't trust any exchange!
pm1978

Activity: 201

stealthcoin.com

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:57:16 AM

I think it's time everyone take a step back and focus on the coin and the technology here rather than bashing each other and every new person or potential troll that comes in the thread.

It's completely unnecessary and makes the community look hostile and unfriendly.

Think about it.  You're only hurting yourselves and everything this team is working to accomplish.

+ 1000 Thanx Koontas!

STEALTHCOIN | XST | stealthcoin.com
BLOCKNET : THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS https://blocknet.co/ | A DECENTRALISED EXCHANGE THAT IS 100% TRUSTLESS.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:57:20 AM

Thank you.

+1 to that......
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:58:12 AM

I'll stop from here
tljenson

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:58:44 AM

AFAIK Chandran signatures is a feature of stealthsend not XST but don't quote me feel wait for hondo to clarify or check previous posts.
So..what is the relationship between XST and Stealthsend?

That is my question exactly. I want to know the relationship, and how Chandran signatures come into play if stealthSend is separate. I hear comparison between StealthCoin and CryptoNote coins, but I believe they use ring signatures on the blockchain. So I confused to how Chandran signatures are used, with stealthsend.
xtent

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:59:01 AM

Thank you.

+1 to that......

I will agree to this for now.
StealthSend

Activity: 85

Because privacy is a basic human right.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:02:24 AM

Github has been updated.

https://github.com/StealthSend/Stealth/
tljenson

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

Awesome, thanks for all the hard work!
crazytrain

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:04:35 AM

The NSA runs lots of Tor nodes and also the American government, TOR will never be 100% safe. SAD but TRUE.

Anonymity Smackdown: NSA vs. Tor link:http://blog.erratasec.com/2013/08/anonymity-smackdown-nsa-vs-tor.html#.VCy9RGddVCg

By Robert Graham

In recent news, Tor was hacked -- kinda. A guy hosting hidden services was arrested (with help from FBI), and his servers changed to deliver malware to expose user IP addresses (with help from NSA). This makes us ask: given all the recent revelations about the NSA, how secure is Tor at protecting our privacy and anonymity?

The answer is "not very". Tor has many weaknesses, especially the "Tor Browser Bundle". Experts might be able to protect their privacy with Tor against the NSA, but the casual user probably can't. I'm going to describe some of the reasons here.

The NSA runs lots of Tor nodes

The NSA hosts many nodes, anonymously, at high speed, spread throughout the world. These include ingress, middle nodes, hidden services, and most especially, egress nodes. It's easy for them to create a front company, sign up for service, and host the node virtually anywhere.

On any random Tor connection, there is a good chance that one of your hops will be through an NSA node.
Update: This is a controversial claim. I have some sources I cannot name. Also: I don't have the exact details as to what "many" means: 1%? 10% 30%??
Tor uses only three hops

By default, Tor chooses three hops: the ingress point, the egress point, and only a single in-between node. If the NSA is able to control one or two of these nodes, you are still okay because the third node will protect you. But, if the NSA is able to control all three, then your connection is completely unmasked.

This means that the NSA occasionally gets lucky, when somebody's connection hits three NSA nodes, allowing them to unmask the user.
Update: If we assume the NSA controls 1% of Tor nodes, that comes out to one-in-a-million chance the NSA will unmask somebody on any random connection. If a million connections are created per day, that means the NSA unmasks one person per day.
Tor creates many new paths

Tor doesn't use a single static path through the network. Instead, it opens up a new path/tunnel every 15 minutes. Modern web-services create constant background connections. Thus, if you have your Outlook mail or Twitter open (and aren't using SSL), these will cause a new path to be created through the Tor network every 15 minutes, or 96 new paths every day, or 3000 new paths a month.

That means over the long run, there's a good chance that the NSA will be able to catch one of those path with a three-hop configuration, and completely unmask you.
Update: This is partly mitigated by the "guard" ingress node concept. You crease only a single connection to the guard node, then fan out paths from there. But, mitigated doesn't mean the same thing as "fixed".
Your egress traffic may be unencrypted

Tor encrypts your traffic on your end, but when it leaves the last node in the Tor network, it'll be whatever it would be originally. If you are accessing websites without SSL, then this last hop will be unencrypted. It's usually easy to verify within web-browsers whether they are using SSL, but most other apps have bugs that cause unencrypted sessions to be created.
Update: Also, some of your egress traffic is poorly encrypted, such as the 1024-bit keys without forward security that Facebook uses.
Update: @addelindh points out that things like SSLstrip often works because people aren't paying attention and websites don't support things like HSTS, and thus, even when you want SSL, it'll sometimes fail for you in the face of a hostile attacker. Somebody needs to setup an exit node, then SSLstrip it to figure out how often that works.
Tor uses 1024-bit RSA DH

Tor connections are only protected by 1024-bit RSA/DH keys. The NSA can crack those keys. We don't know how easily they can do it. I'm guessing the NSA spent several years and a billion dollars to build ASICs. That means, their internal accounting might  charge $1-million per 1024-bit RSA/DH key cracked. This means they won't try to crack keys for petty criminals, but they have the power to crack keys for serious targets.

The NSA doesn't need to control all three servers along your route through Tor. Instead, it can control two servers and crack the RSA/DH key of the remaining connection.
Update: We know the NSA can crack 1024-bit keys, because would cost only a few million dollars. What we don't know how many such keys it can crack per day. The number could be less than one such key per day.
Major Update: Because of Tor's "perfect forward secrecy", the NSA wouldn't be cracking the RSA key when eavesdropping. Instead, they would need to crack the "ephemeral" keys. A lot of older servers use 1024-bit DH ephemeral keys, which are about as easy to break as 1024-bit RSA keys. Newer servers use 256-bit ECDH keys which are a lot stronger, and likely not crackable by the NSA (estimates say NSA can crack up to 160-bit ECDH keys). Thus, for older servers, the ability of the NSA to passively eavesdrop and crack keys is a big threat, but for newer servers, it's likely not a threat. (I'm using http://www.keylength.com/ and round numbers here for key lengths). (I'm using http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ and my own pcaps to confirm a lot of 1024-bit DH is still out in the Tor nodes).
Update: I did a rough survey of the 4200 active Tor servers. Roughly 10% use the newer uncrackable ECDH keys, whereas the other 90% use the older crackable 1024-bit DH keys.
The NSA can influence parts of the network

The NSA can flood the servers it doesn't control with traffic, thus encouraging users to move onto their own servers. Thus, they can get more connections onto their servers than chance would suggest.

Multiple apps share the same underlying Tor egress

Let's say that you use SSL for Twitter, but non-SSL for your email app. Both of these go out the same exit node. This allows the the NSA to associate the two together, the user named in the email connection associated with the otherwise anonymous Twitter connection. This association works well when the NSA is controlling the exit node, and less well if it's simply monitoring the exit node.

Outages out you

As everyone knows, if the NSA is monitoring you and the server you visit, they might be able to match up traffic patterns to associate the two. This is tricky for them, so a better way is to control the association by injecting faults. If the NSA is able to reset (spoof TCP RST) packets to your end of the connection, it'll cause the egress connection on the other end to drop. Some suspect the NSA is doing this in order to find hidden services.

Exploits (0day or not) can leak your IP address

In the recent incident, the FBI put a Firefox exploit on the servers that was designed to leak a person's IP address. There are lots of other things that can do this, ranging from hidden stuff within video files to PDF files. I doubt that it is possible, in the normal sense (i.e. without putting the Tor proxy and apps on separate machines), to prevent your IP address from being discovered.

DNS leakages can get you

This is partially fixed, with the latest build of Firefox in the Tor Browser Bundle. But it's potentially broken in other apps. The basic problem is that Tor is TCP-based, but DNS requests go over UDP. Also, DNS requests go over separate APIs in the operating system that bypass the proxying of Tor. Consequently, when apps open a proxied TCP connection, they'll still leak your IP address when resolving a name via DNS. (h/t @inthecloud247)

Mistakes inevitably happened

Remember: Lulzsec hacker Sabu was discovered because while he normally logged onto chatrooms using Tor, he forgot once -- and once was enough.

The NSA passes info to the FBI !!!

Normally, the NSA wouldn't go after petty criminals, like kids buying drugs on SilkRoad. That's because doing so would reveal the existence of the program, which the NSA wants to keep secret.

But now we've heard stories about how the NSA can give such information to FBI without revealing the program. Unmasking connections is opportunistic: the NSA is just running a huge dragnet and testing connections when they get lucky. With the above program, they can just pass it along to the FBI. That means even the pettiest of petty criminals might getting caught with the NSA's Tor monitoring.

Conclusion

Experts can probably use Tor safely, hiding from the NSA -- assuming they control a smaller number of nodes, and that their 1024-bit key factoring ability is small. It would require a lot of opsec, putting apps on a different [virtual] machine than the proxy, and practicing good opsec to make sure egress connections are encrypted.

However, the average person using the Tor Browser Bundle is unlikely to have the skills needed to protect themselves. And this might be good thing: it means dissidents throughout the world can probably hide from their own government, while our NSA cleans the network of all the drug dealers and child pornographers.

Stop bullshitting TOR is not safe.

Dude I'm an investor of XST, but now I'm worried about this fucking TOR.  Angry

Look this info http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/tor-is-not-as-safe-as-you-may-think/
tljenson

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:06:41 AM

Dude I really wouldn't worry about TOR, even without TOR XST would still be anonymous. It's just one feature, the main point being to hide your IP address.
coinvvolf

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:07:12 AM

Hi Everyone! Cheesy 
I've seen a few coins around and stealthcoin looks promising. It's nice to see hondo working hard and delivering real things for this coin. 
Here is the ama if no one has seen it yet (not sure if it has already been posted )  http://www.reddit.com/r/Stealthcoin/comments/2i1w6s/ask_me_about_tonights_stealthcoin_release/ 
I agree competly with Koontas , especially when we have so much to talk about with stealthcoin! 
joffmac

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:07:34 AM

+ 1000 Thanx Koontas!
well said
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: