Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [VIA]  (Read 71864 times)
cawson

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:09:51 AM

got it!

last thing, you have said here before that the ICO will last for sure until the last minute of the 15th of july. from that point further, what will effect the duration of the ICO?? is there a limit of BTC you are hoping to achieve? is there a certain amount of users you're looking for? don't just say "it will end when i say so" please elaborate.

I will announce a fixed cutoff time in the next 24 hours. I am under a lot of pressure to end the presale tomorrow at 23:59:59 UTC so there is a high possibility it will end then.

You should cut off the time today at 23:59:59UTC instead of tomorrow silently.

Because if you do that tomorrow, maybe some speculator would buy a huge percent just just before the deadline as you claimed.

That's would be unfair for early investors.
Your are so greedy much than crypti.

I think via are so greedy much than crypti.crypti just 750btc for 75%,via 500btc sitll not over for 10%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:10:49 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 06:28:40 PM by btcdrak

Guys please calm down.

1. Everyone is buying at the same price, so there is no such thing as bag holding.
2. More even distribution means less price manipulation by big holders.
3. Mining rewards kick in slowly so the main source of coin distribution and not miners.

I've been very clear about how this runs: there is a minimum safe period to buy - that means, the sale will remain open for 7 days as stated. After that, the sale can and will end abruptly.
I am sorry someone chose to make such a large purchase, but if they had chosen to be discrete and spread it over a few addresses no-one would know.

The enthusiasm for Viacoin should be a source of joy. That it will be difficult for people to manipulate is a good thing. From what I can see, it's not often a decent coin comes along with a vision. But money and time don't grow on trees. There is no way to develop a coin well without financial incentives for miners to secure the network.

I did not create Viacoin for a quick bit of trading. I had a problem I wanted to solve, saw a niche, waited months to see how things would progress in the crypto-sphere, and eventually took steps to make this happen.

I had no idea this would become a big thing like this so quickly. I am under a lot of pressure as it is to ensure things go smoothly, so take that into consideration.
leetrump

Activity: 162

hehe

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:11:04 AM

break the issue price
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:12:55 AM

"Last Chance" was misleading

not to those of us that read the entire message, and not just the words "last chance"

two question:
1. what does the safe period mean, why do you make a safe period?
2. when will the pre-sale end? anytime from now means you can end it next year.

I want to refund my investment, can you show me how?
all sales are final

No there not, check support page.

Refunds can be requested after ICO is closed and refunds can be requested in first 5 days after ICO closed.

So we can get a refund, considering this option too. People's greed wrecks everything, fcken greedy idiots come on 60 btc.

Support page also says that ICO could last a few more days after July 15...

Nothing in the support page.

Sorry mistake check the "About" page its there.

Also in terms understood it but whats the time for? thats why i thought ICO closes today at midnight.

The pre-sale will start from July 8th and last for a minimum of 7 days. It will then end randomly at some point afterwards (ending 23:59:59 UTC).
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:14:07 AM

All the people here butthurt about IPO not closed yet.

Next time, read the rules before investing in something. I am invested in VIA as well, and as much as it sucks that someone owns a 10%+ share, it is what it is. No one has control over it, not even the dev. There was never a restriction or limit on investment, and even if there was, it could've easily been circumvented by using a different deposit address.

Just hang tight. I'm sure the IPO will end soon (especially as pressure to close is building), but dont get childish about the current buy-ins. If you guys did your research on IPOs (not that this one is a scamcoin IPO), you'd realize that last minute HUGE buy-ins are expected. TBH, i very well expected a buy of 100+ BTC in the last safe hour.

Let the dev do what he needs to do to ensure a smooth launch and continue to be patient..
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:14:48 AM

got it!

last thing, you have said here before that the ICO will last for sure until the last minute of the 15th of july. from that point further, what will effect the duration of the ICO?? is there a limit of BTC you are hoping to achieve? is there a certain amount of users you're looking for? don't just say "it will end when i say so" please elaborate.

I will announce a fixed cutoff time in the next 24 hours. I am under a lot of pressure to end the presale tomorrow at 23:59:59 UTC so there is a high possibility it will end then.

You should cut off the time today at 23:59:59UTC instead of tomorrow silently.

Because if you do that tomorrow, maybe some speculator would buy a huge percent just just before the deadline as you claimed.

That's would be unfair for early investors.
Your are so greedy much than crypti.

I think via are so greedy much than crypti.crypti just 750btc for 75%,via 500btc sitll not over for 10%.

No, not just because of the price, but the rule.

Crypti never broke there rule to a bad direction, the only rule change is to set a total cap, which is a good direction for investors.
and anyone can quit easily by refund.

But, for Via, no way to quit as early investors, the rule changes many times, and, many misleading.

See the stupid "LAST CHANCE" in the promote image.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:15:05 AM

Guys please calm down.

1. Everyone is buying at the same price, so there is no such thing as bag holding.
3. Mining rewards kick in slowly so the main source of coin distribution and not miners.

I've been very clear about how this runs: there is a minimum safe period to buy - that means, the sale will remain open for 7 days as stated. After that, the sale can and will end abruptly.
I am sorry someone chose to make such a large purchase, but if they had chosen to be discrete and spread it over a few addresses no-one would know.

The enthusiasm for Viacoin should be a source of joy. That it will be difficult for people to manipulate is a good thing. From what I can see, it's not often a decent coin comes along with a vision. But money and time don't grow on trees. There is no way to develop a coin well without financial incentives.

I did not create Viacoin for a quick bit of trading. I had a problem I wanted to solve, saw a niche, waited months to see how things would progress in the crypto-sphere, and eventually took steps to make this happen.

I had no idea this would become a big thing like this so quickly. I am under a lot of pressure as it is to ensure things go smoothly, so take that into consideration.

Can you make a way to refund our investment, like Crypti, the information in the picture misleads someone of us.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:18:00 AM

About refunds: all sales are final. There are no refunds *UNLESS* you happen to send BTC after the close. The reason for this, explained in the terms is that some people are mining multipools to their payout address and it may payout after the sale closes.

In those cases only, you are entitled to a refund under the conditions set out (payments received for up to 3 days after the close), and claims made within 5 days from the close.

Example: sale closes Thursday 23:59:59, you send payments that arrive (blockchain timestamped) Friday 3pm. You are entitled to a refund.

Example: sale closes Thursday 23:59:59, you send payments that arrive (blockchain timestamped) Thursday 23:59:59 -  You are not entitled to a refund.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:19:11 AM

Next time, read the rules before investing in something. I am invested in VIA as well, and as much as it sucks that someone owns a 10%+ share, it is what it is. No one has control over it, not even the dev. There was never a restriction or limit on investment, and even if there was, it could've easily been circumvented by using a different deposit address.

Just hang tight. I'm sure the IPO will end soon (especially as pressure to close is building), but dont get childish about the current buy-ins. If you guys did your research on IPOs (not that this one is a scamcoin IPO), you'd realize that last minute HUGE buy-ins are expected. TBH, i very well expected a buy of 100+ BTC in the last safe hour.

Let the dev do what he needs to do to ensure a smooth launch and continue to be patient..

Haven't you notice that at the beginning the dev said that he would not announce a deadline to avoid such a scenario?
and then Huh

He anounce that 23:59:59 is the "LAST CHANCE".

I am just curious who are still buying even after that time.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
smokim87

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

Guys please calm down.

The enthusiasm for Viacoin should be a source of joy. That it will be difficult for people to manipulate is a good thing. From what I can see, it's not often a decent coin comes along with a vision. But money and time don't grow on trees. There is no way to develop a coin well without financial incentives.

Is there any roadmap or a spreadsheet showing how the ICO funds are going to be used? What features will via coin have?
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:21:27 AM

break the issue price

guy you pic is funny  Cheesy
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:22:11 AM

About refunds: all sales are final. There are no refunds *UNLESS* you happen to send BTC after the close. The reason for this, explained in the terms is that some people are mining multipools to their payout address and it may payout after the sale closes.

In those cases only, you are entitled to a refund under the conditions set out (payments received for up to 3 days after the close), and claims made within 5 days from the close.

Example: sale closes Thursday 23:59:59, you send payments that arrive (blockchain timestamped) Friday 3pm. You are entitled to a refund.

Example: sale closes Thursday 23:59:59, you send payments that arrive (blockchain timestamped) Thursday 23:59:59 -  You are not entitled to a refund.
Man, I will dump all my coins when it hits exchange, you have my word.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
weedo84

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:22:44 AM

Guys please calm down.

Can you make a way to refund our investment, like Crypti, the information in the picture misleads someone of us.

Tobeaj,

There will be no refunds- that is clear from the beginning.  You should read the terms and other places scattered on the site.  IPO's (or in this case ICO's) are never refunded. But keep in mind, that that only means the coin will be more likely worth more and you'll see more adoption.

andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:23:29 AM

Haven't you notice that at the beginning the dev said that he would not announce a deadline to avoid such a scenario?
and then Huh

He anounce that 23:59:59 is the "LAST CHANCE".

I am just curious who are still buying even after that time.

Apparently, many are still buying since awareness is spreading.

Also, to sum it up:

Pre-sale is still ongoing. You still have A CHANCE to buy. But it will close anytime.

AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:24:48 AM

In that case you don't seem to understand the potential this coin has.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:25:02 AM

I hope you bought a lot.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:26:46 AM

Is there any roadmap or a spreadsheet showing how the ICO funds are going to be used? What features will via coin have?

blog.viacoin.org

Its going to be like Xcounterparty, but a different blockchain than the bitcoin blockchain reasons are stated on the website.
realestmofo

Activity: 168

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:27:42 AM

I'll put a large buy wall up at the final ICO price so people can dump and get their money back. Looks like a cool coin with a real interesting future.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
smokim87

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:28:50 AM

blog.viacoin.org

Its going to be like Xcounterparty, but a different blockchain than the bitcoin blockchain reasons are stated on the website.

Thanks, still wonderig how I missed that one. I should get some sleep Cheesy
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

please do. my btc is ready.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: