Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [VIA]  (Read 71861 times)
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:28:07 PM

@btcdrak  just more half-truths (and a half-truth is a FULL lie)...in your 2 previous "answers", you said:

"I'll be mining...and...there's no way for me to prove I didn't participate in the ICO"...

by what stretch of logic (or the English language) is that a formal statement saying that you DIDN'T PARTICIPATE in the ICO or set-up a simple quid pro quo with a friend?

Let me be simple and clear - all I want is an Official Statement where you OVERTLY DENY investing in your own ICO...AND also Officially deny that you set-up some sort of a quid pro quo where you unethically benefited from your ICO...

As one of the largest investors, I'm doing my own due diligence (I'd be irresponsible not to)...as the developer and ICO head of Viacoin, be responsible and make an Official Disclosure Statement to go on the record.

until then...I have to keep pestering you...

Sorry man, but to insist on these answers after the ICO seems extremely foolish.  Don't you think you should have been this adamant at resolving this before the pre-sale ended, rather than wait until after?  You should have done your due diligence BEFORE investing your money.  

But seriously, if you did invest you can't get your money out until it hits an exchange.  So by acting like a fool now you are doing two things:  A.) If he is honest, you bring up uncertainty and make him appear questionable which hurts the viability of the coin.  or B.) If he's dishonest, you expose him and kill the market before your investment hits an exchange when you can get out.  

Either way as an investor by trying to satisfy your OCD, you're showing us that you aren't a very savvy one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:33:20 PM

guys, Veritas is a troll, plain and simple.  i ignored him (i suggest you do the same) but unfortunately i still see his dribble in quotes.

he does use larger words than the average troll, but let's call a troll a troll.

i doubt he invested.

EDIT - he claims to be one of the biggest investors, and is all about due diligence.  seems strange he invested so much without resolving these important issues.  go figure.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
leetrump

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

hehe

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:35:54 PM

Beat LTC
ol21

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

@btcdrak  just more half-truths (and a half-truth is a FULL lie)...in your 2 previous "answers", you said:

"I'll be mining...and...there's no way for me to prove I didn't participate in the ICO"...

by what stretch of logic (or the English language) is that a formal statement saying that you DIDN'T PARTICIPATE in the ICO or set-up a simple quid pro quo with a friend?

Let me be simple and clear - all I want is an Official Statement where you OVERTLY DENY investing in your own ICO...AND also Officially deny that you set-up some sort of a quid pro quo where you unethically benefited from your ICO...

As one of the largest investors, I'm doing my own due diligence (I'd be irresponsible not to)...as the developer and ICO head of Viacoin, be responsible and make an Official Disclosure Statement to go on the record.

So you are doing the due diligence after investing in the ICO..... shows me a lot about your personal level of intelligence so far the dev has not lied or lead anyone astray, no gun was placed to any of your heads

forcing you to invest, and the next time you do invest in anything I suggest you do the due diligence BEFORE committing to the ICO, I lot of issues people are having is related to the lack of ability to read a

ANN fully and understand the info in front of you, this is totally your responsibility and nothing to do with the dev. I have invested understanding the risks involved as with all coins and I am happy with the progress so

far. Keep up the good work dev and may the coin and ClearingHouse be a success.
weedo84

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

@btcdrak  just more half-truths (and a half-truth is a FULL lie)...in your 2 previous "answers", you said:

Sorry man, but to insist on these answers after the ICO seems extremely foolish.  Don't you think you should have been this adamant at resolving this before the pre-sale ended, rather than wait until after?  You should have done your due diligence BEFORE investing your money.  

But seriously, if you did invest you can't get your money out until it hits an exchange.  So by acting like a fool now you are doing two things:  A.) If he is honest, you bring up uncertainty and make him appear questionable which hurts the viability of the coin.  or B.) If he's dishonest, you expose him and kill the market before your investment hits an exchange when you can get out.  

Either way as an investor by trying to satisfy your OCD, you're showing us that you aren't a very savvy one.

well said
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:43:38 PM

Vialectrum offline for everyone?
weedo84

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:44:09 PM

Beat LTC

weedo84

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:45:02 PM

Vialectrum offline for everyone?

Yes,
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:45:57 PM

Thanks, glad its not just my connection Smiley
weedo84

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

@btcdrak  once I get an official statement about your presale involvement AND a statement about any quid pro quo involvement, I'll simply go-away...I promise there will be no "lying" accusations, etc.  I simply want a statement to go on the record, and then you'll hear from me no more.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to be a pest until I get a statement.

I already made it twice earlier in the thread.

Quote from: chocobo on July 09, 2014, 06:11:24 PM
btcdrak, how much will you be buying? I trust you but it would be an easy way to get free coin if you wanted.

Thanks

btcdrak

That's a fair question and I have no way to prove my answer. I *totally* understand how skeptical people have become because of the daily scams on BCT.
Personally, the only presale I have participated in was Maidsafe and even that went terribly wrong despite their intentions. Anything can happen in crypto.

I am running this initial coin offering for a few reasons, the first is because I believe it is the best way to bootstrap a coin and the 'coin economy'.
As an experienced trader I know how coins get abused at launch and what whales are capable of. If you have ever read any of my pastebins, you'll have some
idea of this. As a developer I am aware of a myriad of ways to hide a premine and are a lot more easy than going through all the rigmarole of writing
dedicated presale software.

The second reason is I wanted bootstrap the project because frankly, I believe if it can't raise a decent sale value, then maybe it's not worth my time.
I've had this idea since October 2013 and for one reason or another I never got around to implementing it, and a lot of innovations have come along
in the meantime, but they still did not address my original concern. I am glad I waited however, because all good ideas should build on the shoulders
of proven innovations (which is exactly how Bitcoin came into being).

So my intention is to mine the coin and run a mining pool.

FWIW: I am also taking a lot of personal risk with this coin launch. It takes a long time to build reputation, and minutes to destroy.

Re posting for anyone in question.
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:48:15 PM

yeah im offline too.  maybe things are afoot!  (rubs hands together)

NEM, LSK, STRAT
weedo84

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:50:20 PM

yeah im offline too.  maybe things are afoot!  (rubs hands together)

I think it'll be another 24h, before it launches.  I imagine @Btcdrak is checking and waking up fresh to double check before anything takes-off.
AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:52:37 PM

@btcdrak  once I get an official statement about your presale involvement AND a statement about any quid pro quo involvement, I'll simply go-away...I promise there will be no "lying" accusations, etc.  I simply want a statement to go on the record, and then you'll hear from me no more.

btcdrak, how much will you be buying? I trust you but it would be an easy way to get free coin if you wanted.

Thanks

btcdrak

That's a fair question and I have no way to prove my answer. I *totally* understand how skeptical people have become because of the daily scams on BCT.
Personally, the only presale I have participated in was Maidsafe and even that went terribly wrong despite their intentions. Anything can happen in crypto.

I am running this initial coin offering for a few reasons, the first is because I believe it is the best way to bootstrap a coin and the 'coin economy'.
As an experienced trader I know how coins get abused at launch and what whales are capable of. If you have ever read any of my pastebins, you'll have some
idea of this. As a developer I am aware of a myriad of ways to hide a premine and are a lot more easy than going through all the rigmarole of writing

The second reason is I wanted bootstrap the project because frankly, I believe if it can't raise a decent sale value, then maybe it's not worth my time.
I've had this idea since October 2013 and for one reason or another I never got around to implementing it, and a lot of innovations have come along
in the meantime, but they still did not address my original concern. I am glad I waited however, because all good ideas should build on the shoulders

FWIW: I am also taking a lot of personal risk with this coin launch. It takes a long time to build reputation, and minutes to destroy.

I happen to know btcdrak for more than 10 years and can honestly say that I have the highest regard for him on a personal, ethical and technical level. His word is good enough for me.

If you bought into the ICO, then presumably you understand the potential of this coin. So just be happy that you bought in and that you've probably made a good investment. There are of course no guarantees, but this coin has a solid developer who is not out to screw people over. I'm quite certain of that.

Now please stop sowing doubt. FUD has killed a good many coins and we don't need it happening here. The quoted statement above should be good enough for you. If it's not, then contact one of the people on this thread who have offered to buy your coins at ICO price and move on to (presumably) greener pastures.
ol21

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:56:34 PM

Thanks

btcdrak

I happen to know btcdrak for more than 10 years and can honestly say that I have the highest regard for him on a personal, ethical and technical level. His word is good enough for me.

If you bought into the ICO, then presumably you understand the potential of this coin. So just be happy that you bought in and that you've probably made a good investment. There are of course no guarantees, but this coin has a solid developer who is not out to screw people over. I'm quite certain of that.

Now please stop sowing doubt. FUD has killed a good many coins and we don't need it happening here. The quoted statement above should be good enough for you. If it's not, then contact one of the people on this thread who have offered to buy your coins at ICO price and move on to (presumably) greener pastures.

Very Wise words
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:57:32 PM

+10000

josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:03:02 PM

You are right.  

bongsoup

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:14:39 PM

Finding this post in this FUD brickload of a thread is like finding a needle in an ocean of piss and rotting garbage. Seriously, all of you need to grow the fuck up and figure out something better to do with your time other than start FUD needlessly. Being skeptic is okay, this isn't.

SC: BTLeV8KdYieuBN9sQbaVwBqkeLHgrT8GHF
masternode

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

Also, anyone else who may be worried and who wants to sell their Viacoin feel free to PM me as well.  I'm currently still buying.
veritas77

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:21:05 PM

Most of your logic is very weak.  Saying that "you'll be mining" doesn't imply that you won't also be participating in the ICO.

Secondly, I invested in this ICO way before it turned-into an absolute shit-show, and then I realized that these massive investments may not even be from outside sources, but rather from btcdrak himself (or a close friend, i.e. quid pro quo) as he can do this with ZERO risk.

In all of my life experience, when someone avoids making clear and simple statements, and instead they reassure people with half-truths, usually it's BC they're not being 100% honest and forthcoming.

I'm asking for 2 clear and simple Official Statements about 1)  btcdrak's personal investments in the presale  2)  btcdrak coordinating a quid pro quo investment with a friend.

Make me look stupid...be forthcoming and put the statements on record...call me paranoid and delusional, and then this will all be settled...but I won't stop until I get those 2 clear statements on the record.

(I'm also pissed that btcdrak said he already answered this twice, when in fact, he didn't!)

P.S.  According to most of you, 90% of proper business ethics and legal procedures are FUD...lol

masternode

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:26:09 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 11:36:18 PM by masternode

Most of your logic is very weak.  Saying that "you'll be mining" doesn't imply that you won't also be participating in the ICO.

Secondly, I invested in this ICO way before it turned-into an absolute shit-show, and then I realized that these massive investments may not even be from outside sources, but rather from btcdrak himself (or a close friend, i.e. quid pro quo) as he can do this with ZERO risk.

In all of my life experience, when someone avoids making clear and simple statements, and instead they reassure people with half-truths, usually it's BC they're not being 100% honest and forthcoming.

I'm asking for 2 clear and simple Official Statements about 1)  btcdrak's personal investments in the presale  2)  btcdrak coordinating a quid pro quo investment with a friend.

Make me look stupid...be forthcoming and put the statements on record...call me paranoid and delusional, and then this will all be settled...but I won't stop until I get those 2 clear statements on the record.

(I'm also pissed that btcdrak said he already answered this twice, when in fact, he didn't!)

P.S.  According to most of you, 90% of proper business ethics and legal procedures are FUD...lol

I'll happily buy your coins (even if you're in the top 10).  PM me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: