Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RVC] / RevoCoin / POS - POW / 10,000kh miner limit / LAUNCH 22-07  (Read 132995 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

and from the source:

static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 8640;

and sorry for beeing honest and showing my dumbness, but if I read the source correctly, PoS works from block 1 but the block has to be older than 24hours..

Is that possible ? Maybe I read the last part incorrectly...

I think so. This coin could be fork of PoW+PoS code where both is happening at the same time. 24 hour is the setting for block mature for staking. To prevent confusion and shorting PoW stages due to PoS block, we should ask all wallet holder to lock the wallet so that it wouldn't stake. Is that a good idea ? Not sure what will happen if no PoS happening for long period of time

We should wait for the dev.. I'm just too bad @ reading/understanding PoS coins right now

I understood that PoS would start when the Pools/PoW are "finished"... Seems that this is wrong

There are 2 fork of PoW/PoS coin.

1. PoW stage complete which will take over by PoS. (E.g PoW Block 1-2000, PoS start at block 2001)

2. PoW and PoS begin at the same time where PoS could happen at any time if some wallet complete a PoS block. Example of such coin is Jackpot coin.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:07:38 AM

So I missed What happoned with C-Cex? Why the coin is deleted there?
yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:10:43 AM

It is not deleted. It was halt due to developer request. He mention he will request exchange to stop until he figure out where is the missing block.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:13:47 AM

It is not deleted. It was halt due to developer request. He mention he will request exchange to stop until he figure out where is the missing block.
Thank you Smiley
Zorro23hu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:16:00 AM

Hi,

Personally for me, not problem the POS starting from the beginning. Minerals worked too, we were in the POW period, when POS started. On other hand, the direct transition to POS at end of POW may cause lot of problems, and a little bit risky.

Zorro23hu (from Hungary)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:18:57 AM

Hi,

Personally for me, not problem the POS starting from the beginning. Minerals worked too, we were in the POW period, when POS started. On other hand, the direct transition to POS at end of POW may cause lot of problems, and a little bit risky.

Maybe thats the problem c-cex had too...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:26:10 AM

dammit saw the price n sent some btc there to buy  Angry
kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:28:59 AM

Ocminer, i change auto pay to max, 8000, cant remove it, or remove ccex adress. Can you disable payout until all is ok, because coming blocks with 10k ? Thanks
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:31:16 AM

Ocminer, i change auto pay to max, 8000, cant remove it, or remove ccex adress. Can you disable payout until all is ok, because coming blocks with 10k ? Thanks

Hi !

Write me a PM with your userid, email and I'll look !

kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:36:53 AM

Hi !

Write me a PM with your userid, email and I'll look !

i am blind Smiley)  Set to '0' for no auto payout. !! Cheers
Zorro23hu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:37:48 AM

Hi,

Maybe, but c-cex was the first exchange for Minerals, with the same conditions.

Zorro23hu (from Hungary)
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:43:04 AM

Hi,

Maybe, but c-cex was the first exchange for Minerals, with the same conditions.

Peronally I don't like c-cex and would never send my funds there :-/

What about Swisscex ? Bittrex should come later...

hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:44:13 AM

Hi,

Hi,oc.I've been mining this for more than a day.Hoping this can release me from change coins nightmare.About the blockchain issue,can you recommand we can continue mining this safely.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:53:46 AM

Hi,

Hi,oc.I've been mining this for more than a day.Hoping this can release me from change coins nightmare.About the blockchain issue,can you recommand we can continue mining this safely.

Absolutely, I see no problems currently.

Just make sure the pools don't fork.. As this happened with some PoS coins before (I remember Kore), have a look at every Pools Dashboard and see on the bottom left that they are mining on the same Block - check that on a regular basis and as long as this in the case - I see no problems.

yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:55:49 AM

Hi,

Just make sure the pools don't fork.. As this happened with some PoS coins before (I remember Kore), have a look at every Pools Dashboard and see on the bottom left that they are mining on the same Block - check that on a regular basis and as long as this in the case - I see no problems.

This is the first coin that i see many people are actually looking at the blockchain for any fraud. I think a natural fork is unlikely for this coin. Maybe due to distribution of hashrate. People from different time zone look at blockchain, so is like 24/7 human monitoring of blockchain. Someone is always ready to raise red flag.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:58:07 AM

Hi,

This is the first coin that i see many people are actually looking at the blockchain for any fraud. I think a natural fork is unlikely for this coin.

This is true.. I just remember there were some problems before with other coins.. But i've interchanged nodes with the pools, so everything should be cool.

We really should add this logo to the OP .. so much fun when I read trough the last 5 pages ;-)

yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:58:59 AM

Hi,

This is the first coin that i see many people are actually looking at the blockchain for any fraud. I think a natural fork is unlikely for this coin.

This is true.. I just remember there were some problems before with other coins.. But i've interchanged nodes with the pools, so everything should be cool.

We really should add this logo to the OP .. so much fun when I read trough the last 5 pages ;-)

In memory of "hidden pool"
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 10:02:09 AM

Hi,

+1

Grin

It does not even look like someone was just spreading FUD to buy cheap like in so many other threads.. Some folks seem really to be convinced there was one..

Nemesys

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:02:59 AM

+1

I love the one on the front right

She looks like how I feel every morning after I check my ´´overnight´´ wallets

keep up the good work

there´s profit to be made with this coin

yellowduck2

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:03:50 AM

Hi,

+1

Grin

It does not even look like someone was just spreading FUD to buy cheap like in so many other threads.. Some folks seem really to be convinced there was one..

the "hidden pool" was real FUD because 99% of the people here do not have access to source code. The FUD was an acceptable one. For the first time , FUD was actually OK. Because people here really don't know what is going on and they acted naturally. Just like the kids on the picture.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: