Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:00:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking 1000 USD loan, interest 15%! REPAYMENT COMPLETE.  (Read 9134 times)
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:05:07 PM

Current Loan list:

cooldgamer: Few $100's
lightlord: $150
jeezy: $100

Just a few more, and your loan is covered.

Awesome! Repayment would of course be split along the same percentage of how much was loaned.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

anyone else? pretty please?

i'll raise the interest to 15% if that'll garner more interest.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:39:44 PM

crickets... i hear lots of crickets. Sad

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

I think I can do something around $50 USD.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:03:03 PM

I think I can do something around $50 USD.

appreciate it.

Current Loan list:

byt411: $50

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:24:32 PM

ok, let's try this. let's say i go and sell my car to carmax or whatever, and get the money and pay off welsh. so no bitcoin related debt. if i do that, will anyone step in for the 1000 usd loan?

i obviously can't go selling my car until i know 100% that i have a way to replace it.

byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:31:53 PM

I can do $100. But $1000 is too much for me.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:33:23 PM

I can do $100. But $1000 is too much for me.

Current Loan list:

byt411: $100

updated. thanks byt411

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:55:42 PM

so with the trouble reaching the desired amount here, i've gone and made  an account on gofundme.com - http://www.gofundme.com/bje1l4

anyone from here who wishes to be awesome and donate, let me know via private message here and we'll treat it like the loan discussed in this thread. 15% interest, so forth.

BBQcopter

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:02:24 PM

be  nice if gofund me takes bitcoin
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:06:34 PM

be  nice if gofund me takes bitcoin

I wish... Sad

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

ok, let's try this. let's say i go and sell my car to carmax or whatever, and get the money and pay off welsh. so no bitcoin related debt. if i do that, will anyone step in for the 1000 usd loan?

i obviously can't go selling my car until i know 100% that i have a way to replace it.
I think you should keep your car, since without a car it will be very hard to find a job. Even if you get a bottom of the barrel job you'd easily get $300 a week. Or if you wanted to start a business it would be very difficult without a car. Buying a new or used car will cost a lot more than the $500 you'd get from selling it.

Good luck with your endeavors, I know how tough it is to be broke.  

thanks.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

so with the trouble reaching the desired amount here, i've gone and made  an account on gofundme.com - http://www.gofundme.com/bje1l4

anyone from here who wishes to be awesome and donate, let me know via private message here and we'll treat it like the loan discussed in this thread. 15% interest, so forth.

after further looking, turns out i can add "offline donations" to gofundme. meaning, i could add any bitcoin sent my way to that total. thus, i CAN accept bitcoin. feel free to drop me a message and i'll give you an address to send to, and we'll make note of it here in this thread.

heartbit

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:10:52 AM

Might also be worth considering a Kiva loan - a world-wide micro-finance site for entrepreneurs

Have you run the numbers on your Uber enterprise?

Does your loan take into account any setup costs - e.g. special insurance, DMV tests?

You mention you are rural - how many fares per week do you expect to get? Can your local Uber contact give you any estimates?
The benefit of being rural of course, is that any fares are likely to be longer trips, rather than a few blocks.

Have you considered the likely additional fuel / maintenance and cleaning costs on the vehicle?

Taking this into account, how much gross profit do you think you will make each week / month?

I would want to be sure your loan repayments won't exceed 20% of this amount - otherwise one unexpected expense (new tyres, broken headlight), a couple of quiet weeks, or something that stops you working for a little while would put you under more financial stress.

Finally - are you positive that the $1000 car meets Uber's requirements? (I don't know what $1000 buys where you live, but where I live it would be a complete P.o.S. - and I don't mean Proof-of-Stake!) Smiley

You've had a rough time - and I love that you are looking to find a way to support yourself that also takes care of your health.
I'd just hate for you to get the loan, buy the car and then be left in a worse position because Uber say "sorry - this car is not good enough".

HTH

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:18:27 AM

Might also be worth considering a Kiva loan - a world-wide micro-finance site for entrepreneurs

Have you run the numbers on your Uber enterprise?
yea. drivers in my area average plenty to cover my costs.

Does your loan take into account any setup costs - e.g. special insurance, DMV tests?
yep!

You mention you are rural - how many fares per week do you expect to get? Can your local Uber contact give you any estimates?
The benefit of being rural of course, is that any fares are likely to be longer trips, rather than a few blocks.
well, i'm 5 miles from town, and dallas downtown is only about 45 minutes. i'll be doingmy work there mostly. based on what i've read from forums of drivers in this area, you rarely sit and wait for a fare in downtown or along the major freeways.

Have you considered the likely additional fuel / maintenance and cleaning costs on the vehicle?
fuel and maintenance yes, cleaning i hadn't. i'll think on that.

Taking this into account, how much gross profit do you think you will make each week / month?
i anticipate two to three hundred weekly, above costs. and thats assuming i don't work any overtime, which is strictly left up to me. i pay no rent, so 800 covers my living expenses comfortably.

I would want to be sure your loan repayments won't exceed 20% of this amount - otherwise one unexpected expense (new tyres, broken headlight), a couple of quiet weeks, or something that stops you working for a little while would put you under more financial stress.

Finally - are you positive that the $1000 car meets Uber's requirements? (I don't know what $1000 buys where you live, but where I live it would be a complete P.o.S. - and I don't mean Proof-of-Stake!) Smiley
as i said, the 1000 is a down payment on a lease. all stated numbers above took the lease payment into account.

You've had a rough time - and I love that you are looking to find a way to support yourself that also takes care of your health.
I'd just hate for you to get the loan, buy the car and then be left in a worse position because Uber say "sorry - this car is not good enough".
the car is actually through a deal uber has with toyota and gm. they've already approved it.and others like it too.

HTH

responded inline in bold.

heartbit

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:31:33 AM

ok then - put me down for 0.165BTC (~$100 @ 620)

Repayment would be 0.18975BTC (15% simple interest on 0.165). And cap it at $150 valued in BTC so you don't get smashed if price spikes.

LMK once you hit your target and an address to send it to you.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:34:13 AM

ok then - put me down for 0.165BTC (~$100 @ 620)

LMK once you hit your target and an address to send it to you.

Current Loan list:

byt411: $100
heartbit: $100 (.165 btc)

getting there! thanks guys.

Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:34:37 AM

arklan, I've been thinking this over.
Decided that if you can pay Welsh off with the money from selling your old car, I'll loan you the rest.
I think I want the 15% interest at this point, but if anything goes awry for you, I'd be happy to lower it or even forfeit it.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:37:07 AM

Decided that if you can pay Welsh off with the money from selling your old car, I'll loan you the rest.
I think I want the 15% interest at this point, but if anything goes awry for you, I'd be happy to lower it or even forfeit it.

my thanks cannot be expressed enough.

i'll talk to the dealership or carmax and get that done and welsh paid off asap and let you know.

Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:43:31 AM

my thanks cannot be expressed enough.

i'll talk to the dealership or carmax and get that done and welsh paid off asap and let you know.

Happy to help Smiley How long would this be approx? Need to grab a paper wallet from a secure location first.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: