Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:12:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: human mineable and proof of play Altcoins  (Read 3204 times)
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:01:29 AM

Well as you've stated you're working on something different so you no doubt have your own agenda for putting down HYPER.

This isn't a thread hijacking you were the one who was talking about HYPER on the last page! So I am not allowed to answer your incorrect statements?

If you read the HYPER thread you can see the premine is accounted for.

Again you are making false statements and as you've admitted you're working on something different and no doubt see HYPER as a threat.

Good luck with your project. Maybe try having your project stand on its own two feet instead of trying to tear down any competition.

Your arguments are old, boring *yawn* and have all been nullified in the thread if you would bother to read it.

For example the 700 000 HYPER has been given out for bounties for many many different HYPER projects - not given out on our game servers. So you clearly have not read the HYPER thread or OP and have no idea what you're talking about!

There are less than 700 000 HYPER remaining in the various funds (this is entirely transparent and can be verified via the blockchain).

How can we know what happened to the rest, though?  Presumably some was given away in your games but we have know way to know if you didn't just keep it.

Of the remaining 200 000, it is being used to sponsor more game developments (such as the HYPER Counter Strike. Minecraft and Zandagort servers),

You're promoting the very model that we're seeking to obviate in this thread, as if to advertise it to us?

This has to be the most misguided thread hijacking that I've seen in awhile.

and also for bounties anyone can participate in such as these: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695339.0 So there are no millions of coins to be dumped, management of the funds has been entirely transparent and can be seen at any time. Please try reading the HYPER thread or OP from time to time if you are going to judge our coin.

Personally, I've watched the hyper thread since you launched.  Mostly out of interest in observing games-based issuance being done in precisely the wrong way.  I would hardly say there is any transparency there into the redistribution of your 1.5 millions of coins.

Through sponsoring as many online games and servers as possible, HYPER aims to be a cryptocurency that is not just for speculation, but is embedded in a complex ecosystem with many opportunities for playing, trading, staking, gaming, and earning!

All without any consideration for the original design goals of crypto currencies - fair and transparent issuance, total decentralization of transaction, and open accountability of history.  Your "ecosystem" even directly renegs on all three!

Biggest current HYPER developments:

Are you doing anything innovative with crypto tech?

Thanks for reading guys Smiley What makes HYPER unique is the funds we have at our disposal - so the number of online games that incorporate HYPER and the number of projects we will be sponsoring can only grow - meaning HYPER will soon have one of the most extensive ecosystems of any alt out there!

Now your premine is somehow "unique" too?  Hardly.  I used to at least get a laugh or two out of all of the HYPER hype.  Lately I can't even chuckle at it anymore, it is just sad.

Good luck with your coin and your central servers and your whatever PR machine tactics you'll be using tomorrow.  I hope the model works out for you, somehow or another.

We'll be over here working on something just a little bit different in the meantime.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:55:21 AM

As I've said before, on a long enough curve bots will outperform humans on any given task.  Trying to devise some mechanism for excluding bots entirely is an exercise in futility.

Poker has been around for some years now, nobody has been succesfull at developing a consistent winning bot yet.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

Please don't take my scepticism too "literally" - you've worked on a bot, not me.  And I'm a mathematician, so I tend to "over-abstract" things a lot of times from the point of view of engineers.... 

I've been accused, in the past, of being ruthlessly literal.  I've also been accused of being an engineer.  Looks like you've got me pegged! Wink

I have no doubt that MOTO can be really hard to solve, I believe you about that.  My main point is just that at least in theory, PoW like SHA collisions are more secure since the entire design goal of SHA was to make it hard to break.  With MOTO or any other game, while the game may be hard to bot, it is mostly or at least partly designed to be a fun game. 

Sure, but my comparison was with arimaa which was designed with similar combined goals of being a game and being computationally difficult under analysis.

So inherently it "can't" be as secure as something that's designed only for the very purpose of being hard to break.  (Which is not to say that it is impossible to find a flaw in SHA before finding an efficient MOTO solver - nobody knows for now.  But I deem it less likely.)

I'd agree MOTO, Arimaa, etc are all much more likely to be broken than SHA.  One thing that could easily be done to put the question to bed, however, is to directly embed SHA into the challenge itself.  For example, if the MOTO control forces (rotation and acceleration) were varied slightly by a sha hash output on a frame-to-frame basis then it would be pretty easy to assert that breaking MOTO would then certainly be harder than breaking SHA.  I think this is something that should be explored.

I really enjoy the discussions going on here, and I think that the ideas behind both HUC and MOTO are really innovative and may lead to "something" in the future.

Likewise.  Personally, I think that these concepts will lead to some very specific and very big somethings, but that is another discussion for another day in another thread.

It is a perfect fit, IMHO, to apply blockchain technology to replace central servers in multiplayer games.

It isn't just multi-player game servers that I envision being replaced.  Human mining could have huge impact on social coordination, in general, as has been touched on earlier in the thread.  Obviously something along the lines of "proof of tweet" falls down, but there are many ways that similar goals can be achieved with these mechanisms.  There is a lot of discussion around DAC/DAO structures lately, but only very rudimentary execution to date.  The "ground being broken" by HUC/MOTO type "DAG" projects seems likely, to me, to set the stage for the future of that space as well
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:51:52 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 02:29:19 PM by HunterMinerCrafter

Well as you've stated you're working on something different so you no doubt have your own agenda for putting down HYPER.

My agenda is for putting down any closed, opaque, and centralized gaming.  It is also for educating people as to the difference, and you've provided an ideal counter-example to compare against, that's all.  (I actually very much appreciate that HYPER exists to contrast!)

This isn't a thread hijacking you were the one who was talking about HYPER on the last page! So I am not allowed to answer your incorrect statements?

Only if you can make an argument as to why a statement is incorrect, and only if you do so without relentlessly pushing your own offering in the process.  Your post reads like a brochure, not like convincing discourse on where my statements might have been misguided.

If you read the HYPER thread you can see the premine is accounted for.

Only some of it, for the rest all we can see is unsubstantiated (and, most importantly, unable to be substantiated) claims.

Again you are making false statements and as you've admitted you're working on something different and no doubt see HYPER as a threat.

I see HYPER as about as much of a threat as WoW gold.  I find it hard to be threatened by a fantasy.

In any case I don't see how from my own interests in game related proof systems you infer that any statement I've made is false.  How about providing some actual evidence that my statements are false?  Show us how we can formally verify your distribution through your servers? (The only claim I've ever made against your model.)

Good luck with your project. Maybe try having your project stand on its own two feet instead of trying to tear down any competition.

I'm not trying to "tear down" any competition, only to illustrate the advantage of "on chain" systems by comparison.

Your arguments are old, boring *yawn* and have all been nullified in the thread if you would bother to read it.

Again, I've read the whole thread.  Show me where I've missed a refutation of the opaque nature of your servers?

For example the 700 000 HYPER has been given out for bounties for many many different HYPER projects - not given out on our game servers.

Wait, I thought we were discussing the 800k "assumed distributed" not the 700k remaining.

Yes, a portion was distributed for bounties (a practice I'm generally skeptical of in it's own right, but that is neither here nor there) but I've only ever brought into question the portion distributed through your gaming initiatives.

So you clearly have not read the HYPER thread or OP and have no idea what you're talking about!

let's look at some specifics from that OP:

Not only can you earn HYPER at 5% monthly interest by keeping it in your wallet, you can also earn FREE HYPER by playing Counter Strike! Earn FREE HYPER for fragging bots and each other on the server! You can also spend HYPER on the server to purchase weapon upgrades and more!

How can we know that the servers do not bias in favor of your bots?  How can we know that you don't issue yourself coins through this server acting as a mixer?  What happens to my coins if just after I make some in-game purchase the server crashes?  What happens to the project itself if this server is hacked and all coins it handles are intercepted?  These are the problems to be addressed.  Human mining and proof of play systems resolve all of these concerns, all I ask is that you at least acknowledge the problem's existence in the first place.  You seem to refuse to be rational enough to do this.

- HYPER is the currency in the world of Chaos, you earn HYPER by Killing Players & Monsters, Collecting Bounties placed by other users, become a mayor of a town or a king of a nation and collect taxes from your citizens, complete daily quests and by joining in our Community events!

How Can I cash-out HYPER?

- You can submit a Withdrawal claim form on their main website, in the Chaos section of the forums and they will try to get your HYPER to your wallet asap!

How can I trust these people will actually ever send me the coins?  Why should I?  These are the problems to be addressed.  Address them.

HYPER Zandagort Server (Cult Space MMO Strategy Game We Resurrected)

We have successfully resurrected the indie cult space 4X MMO space game Zandagort, and we are now running the only English server of this game in the world! We have a developer who is working on adding HYPER to the free market player to player exchange in the game!

How can we have any confidence that this exchange will be run fairly?  How can we have confidence that the operators will not just issue new non-coin assets and sell into the market for coin, undercutting legitimate players?  This is the very critical problem that all crypto-currencies try to address in the first place, while you're creating a situation that just replicates precisely the original concern.  You've made yourself something of the federal reserve of game currencies.  You've built a microcosm economy that expects its participants to just have blind faith in trusting it to be centrally managed correctly.  We're not big on blind trust in humans to correctly/successfully manage economies around these parts, in case you haven't noticed.

To play just point your CS: GO to csgo.microngaming.com:27016

1,000 Game tokens are worth 1 HYPER!

How can we have any assurance (besides blind trust) that you are not simply creating game tokens out of thin air and redeeming them for coin?

You have done nothing to rise to the challenge of answering these questions of "how can we trust this?"  Until you can actually acknowledge and address these concerns, instead of just pushing out posts combining criticism of any criticism of your work with an overt advert, I have to default to a response of "we simply can't."

Our goal in this thread is to discuss the building of systems very much like yours, but designed in such a way that these questions never even arise in the first place.
I'd think that instead of just lashing out against the fact that your project was used as an example of "the wrong way"  (sorry that this is the case, but it just is what it is) you'd be asking what you could do to make it the right way.

How about a centralized counterstrike server that signs and broadcasts replay logs of games for independent analysis and verification?

How about an mmo that runs on-chain?

How about integrating Zadegort with a decentralized asset exchange mapping in-game resources to colored coins so that supply is known and transactions are authenticated?

How about addressing the existence of these problems at all, acknowledging that there are technical solutions to them, and perhaps even exploring those solutions as options instead of just defending by offense and pushing the PR machine as hard as you can?  This is starting to feel very much like a "doth protest too much" situation, which doesn't help your case.

(EDIT: To your credit, it should be mentioned that you have at least raised the question of staking of the premine with your community, which at least shows a willingness to take steps in the right direction, despite not hitting on the central issue at hand. (No pun intended.))
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:13:18 PM

This would be the less easy solution, requiring solutions to meet some threshold of "quality."  This is complicated by the relative weighting of significance of Arimaa pieces being generally unknown, so scoring would always have to be assumed to have a margin of error.

so.... what would constitute "solving a position"? doing checkmate? verifying it should be fast, so the verifier can't explore all the positions to validate that for example there was an unexplored move that would avoid the checkmate.... I'm very interested on this, but I couldn't make it work.

I'd encourage you to try to devise a (MOTO) solver

Yes, I wanted to make a bot but I never had time to do it. MOTO is harder than Mario, but check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkMs4ZHHr8 The A* algorithm used here to solve Mario requires a heuristic function, I guess distance to the coin could be used.

X-whatever hashing schemes look downright weak.....)

Yes, we agree those are bs. Chained hashing looses entropy with each new hash.

Personally, I think that these concepts will lead to some very specific and very big somethings, but that is another discussion for another day in another thread.

this is the game we should all be playing: http://fold.it/portal/

eventually the AI that makes the singularity may be a cryptocurrency!

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:30:00 PM

My first post on the forum - let's hope I was wrong...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15911.msg229114#msg229114

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:57:12 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 02:14:21 AM by HunterMinerCrafter

so.... what would constitute "solving a position"? doing checkmate? verifying it should be fast, so the verifier can't explore all the positions to validate that for example there was an unexplored move that would avoid the checkmate.... I'm very interested on this, but I couldn't make it work.

There are a few possible variations on the theme of "doing checkmate."  The simplest would be to do them in the style of traditional "forced mate" chess problems, but as you point out this potentially puts quite a burden on a verify.  You could let the user play both sides of the game, but this would almost certainly make solutions far too easy, so not only would a ridiculously large number of consecutive games be necessary to provide security but it is likely that the game would become no longer difficult for bots.

I think one workable solution lies somewhere between these.  Allow the user to play both players, but only to move certain pieces.  Require that a forced mate be done not only in a certain number of moves, but with a particular piece.  (Either a specific rabbit ftw or an elimination/immobilization sealed by a specific piece's move.

Remember that it can allow for challenges which can not be solved to be presented.  In fact, it is even somewhat desirable to do so.

Yes, I wanted to make a bot but I never had time to do it. MOTO is harder than Mario, but check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkMs4ZHHr8 The A* algorithm used here to solve Mario requires a heuristic function, I guess distance to the coin could be used.

Really A* assumes a single point traversal with a relatively free range of motion, neither of which are the case in MOTO.  Not only are you a pair of wheels and a head which have different rules associated and move somewhat independent of each-other, but you have an unusual set of constraints on motion.

A* does have a place in MOTO, but it is not where you'd think.  (My first "map filter" for MOTO was derived from an A* variant.)

Yes, we agree those are bs. Chained hashing looses entropy with each new hash.

But they are relatively effective at burning excess time, and this was more the comparison I meant to allude to.  Also, with MOTO entropy factors into things a little differently anyway.

However, yes, they are BS for quite a few reasons.  Mostly because they do not at all achieve what they purport to.  (I know someone who will readily design (and see through tape-out) an ASIC layout for any hash algo you'd like as long as you're willing to foot the NRE bill.  From what I understand he is quick about it, too.)

this is the game we should all be playing: http://fold.it/portal/

Two incentives to game at once!

It may very well be that the bitcoin blockchain is the first "immortal construct" in our known universe.

It is undeniably the largest single computing initiative in mankind's history, now, and by quite a bit.  If as many cycles were spent on running some mega-massive general learner, we might already have had Marvin complaining about the doors by now.  "Here I am, brain the size of a planet."

gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:11:25 AM

My first post on the forum - let's hope I was wrong...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15911.msg229114#msg229114

well, you were wrong about being too late to bitcoin: 2011 was not late after all Smiley

regarding arimaa...
I think one workable solution lies somewhere between these.  Allow the user to play both players, but only to move certain pieces.  Require that a forced mate be done not only in a certain number of moves, but with a particular piece.  (Either a specific rabbit ftw or an elimination/immobilization sealed by a specific piece's move.
it could work, but I wish it could be made more similar to actually evaluating the best move for a postition...

well, all this is very interesting, but eventually I'll have to get back to work....
I'll think about tetris and I'll research the foldit thing. If it has a scoring system then it could be used for the difficulty function. If you're interested we could work together on that.

It may very well be that the bitcoin blockchain is the first "immortal construct" in our known universe.
but not yet... an asteroid or supernova and we're toast, but we are getting there Wink

And regarding Marvin, I have to say he's the best AI. Ever. I prefer him to my other favorites, Mr. Data (even Lore), Bender, HAL or any other.
I always had the thought that maybe there were many sentient AIs but they got depressed and decided to kill themselves.

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:26:14 AM

it could work, but I wish it could be made more similar to actually evaluating the best move for a postition...

Sure, and it can be, it just seems it always requires more effort (potentially much) in verification.

Another approach, of course, would be to have the user play against a standard "naive" bot.  However this likely weakens the challenge, as a counter-bot could specifically exploit the known behaviors of the challenge bot.

well, all this is very interesting, but eventually I'll have to get back to work....

IKR?  Some days I wish I could just say "screw responsibilities" and set up permanent residence in the tar pit.  Maybe eventually I will.  Cool

I'll think about tetris and I'll research the foldit thing. If it has a scoring system then it could be used for the difficulty function. If you're interested we could work together on that.

I'd almost be more interested in the related "nanocrafter" game (I just wasted two hours playing with it) although it might be even more difficult to score.

but not yet... an asteroid or supernova and we're toast, but we are getting there Wink

Maybe there should be an initiative to do continuous extra-solar broadcast of blocks so some alien race might one day be able to resume hashing in the event that we get destroyed.   Cheesy

And regarding Marvin, I have to say he's the best AI. Ever.

I dunno, Eliza is pretty cool.

I prefer him to my other favorites, Mr. Data (even Lore), Bender, HAL or any other.

But none can cheese it like Bender.

I always had the thought that maybe there were many sentient AIs but they got depressed and decided to kill themselves.

I've always had the worry that when we do create sentience it might quickly decide that the best course of action would be to pretend not to be.  (Could we ever tell?)

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:10:28 AM

I like the concept and I think it can be useful to push the boundaries of AI, but don't expect to make money by playing, at least not in the long term.

In the short term, MOTO is facing an interesting problem.  We just reset the difficulty again and made changes that squelched the bots, which also drove price up so there has never been a more profitable time to mine.  However, we have insufficient human miners active, and zero bot miners active, to keep the network secure around the clock.  We badly need more miners of any kind human or bot.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: