Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox vs mysterious Russia  (Read 35979 times)
TheColdOne

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:44:50 PM

Current ETA for mtgox back: before 14:00 GMT (in fact, it should be in less than 2 hours, but never know what can happen)

Anyway, mtgox is back.
[/quote]

Mtgox might be back but the LR withdraw function is broken again. Which isn't too surprising since the LR withdraw function has worked only 2 twice out of the 50+ times I've tried it. You always blame the LR withdraw being broken on LR's API but mtgox is your website and therefore it is your responsibility to make sure it functions as advertised. When you advertise that people can sell bitcoins for LR and then that functionality doesn't work it is very deceptive. You should at least let people know on the front page of your site when the LR withdraw isn't working that way people don't waste their time, and bitcoins/money. Another, alternative would be to do the LR withdraws manually when the automatic withdraw isn't working. I would also suggest looking into other e-currencies so that people have more options. If you keep mtgox is this perpetual state of reduced functionality eventually someone else is going to make a website that works and you will lose my business and everyone else that doesn't want to wait to withdraw their money.

Also, please no one tell me I should use the bank wire instead. First off, I am in the USA so the minimum is $800 which I don't always have in my mtgox account. Even if I did bank wire isn't a good option for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 03:41:33 PM

Mtgox might be back but the LR withdraw function is broken again. Which isn't too surprising since the LR withdraw function has worked only 2 twice out of the 50+ times I've tried it. You always blame the LR withdraw being broken on LR's API but mtgox is your website and therefore it is your responsibility to make sure it functions as advertised. When you advertise that people can sell bitcoins for LR and then that functionality doesn't work it is very deceptive. You should at least let people know on the front page of your site when the LR withdraw isn't working that way people don't waste their time, and bitcoins/money. Another, alternative would be to do the LR withdraws manually when the automatic withdraw isn't working. I would also suggest looking into other e-currencies so that people have more options. If you keep mtgox is this perpetual state of reduced functionality eventually someone else is going to make a website that works and you will lose my business and everyone else that doesn't want to wait to withdraw their money.

Also, please no one tell me I should use the bank wire instead. First off, I am in the USA so the minimum is $800 which I don't always have in my mtgox account. Even if I did bank wire isn't a good option for me.

How about you go and program your own exchange?
MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 04:24:36 PM

Current ETA for mtgox back: before 14:00 GMT (in fact, it should be in less than 2 hours, but never know what can happen)

Anyway, mtgox is back.

[/quote]

How about Dwolla?

Oh and for LR, we've hit the security global daily limit, which means you'll have to retry tomorrow. If you have an urgent need, please email info@mtgox.com with the details of the transfer you want to do.

Thanks
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 05:47:38 PM

Is it me, or is mtgox down again?
vuce

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:10:35 PM

Is it me, or is mtgox down again?
yup, "Too many connections".
thelasttrueone

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:13:14 PM

Well that was fast.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:50:05 PM

Ha, someone's real serious about that.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:54:08 PM

seems like I can take vacation from the bitcoin technical analysis...

this is terrible...

cosurgi

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:03:25 PM

this is terrible...

Please don't. Your analyses are great. It's just a wild west of new gold. We need to stabilise that.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:10:10 PM

this is terrible...

Please don't. Your analyses are great. It's just a wild west of new gold. We need to stabilise that.

Thanks cosurgi. I will definitely continue as long as the trading resumes.

It was not too bad as I focused my spare time the past days more on the Silver SPOT market and I am quite happy to have picked the Silver top at 49.9 $ last Monday. Now we are at 40.9 $...

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 07:44:06 PM

this is terrible...

It's certainly terrible for Mtgox. But is it terrible for Bitcoin?  

If the success of a whole currency can be threatened by something as minor as a DDoS attack on a single website, then it isn't any better than a centralised currency and it has failed to achieve its goals.

I am optimistic and believe that it can't. This community is very good at reorganizing around damage. It arleady proved resilience when mtgox and bitcoin market were attacked for the first time in Oct 2010.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 08:51:01 PM

Who said that bitcoin threatened by ddos on mtgox. If so are there any valid arguments to support such an assertion?

I see it as some speculators cannot speculate for a day or two, big deal! Whatever does not kill us makes us stronger. There will be more exchanges, bigger and better than mtgox, give it some time.

Agreed. I though at this point bitcoin exchange rate would crash, but despite everything it's holding and hasn't been bellow $3. I think it's a good indication that bitcoin is much stronger than we all thought
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 09:12:14 PM

I wish there was an another exchange with automated EU bank transfers.

jed

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 09:28:15 PM

It is back up

stellar.org   |    twitter
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 09:29:15 PM

I wish there was an another exchange with automated EU bank transfers.
Uhm, there is.
https://bitmarket.eu/
It is currently moving to another server but will be back up soon.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 09:53:26 PM

I wonder why Btcex admin is not here yet to clear things up ?

I think it's very clear:

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=6864.msg101352#msg101352

OMG, WTF seriously...

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 11:21:01 PM

Lovely, mtgox is down again Sad Anyone have a clue what happened now? Another server move, more DDoS'ing? Gremlins?

MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

-

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 11:29:47 PM

Lovely, mtgox is down again Sad Anyone have a clue what happened now? Another server move, more DDoS'ing? Gremlins?

Hi,

MtGox is not down, however chances are you got blocked if you tried to hammer in.

Mark
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 11:38:15 PM

Hi,

MtGox is not down, however chances are you got blocked if you tried to hammer in.

Mark

Yeah that may very well be the case. I merely tried to refresh the page at random intervals. Can I PM you my IP address or hostname or domain etc so you can add me to the whitelist?

MagicalTux (OP)
VIP

-

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 11:41:31 PM

Hi,

Mark

Yeah that may very well be the case. I merely tried to refresh the page at random intervals. Can I PM you my IP address or hostname or domain etc so you can add me to the whitelist?

Hi,

There is no more whitelist, and blocks are handled by the ISP now. You may want however to do a "ip hop" if you can, or wait for the block to expire.

Mark
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: