Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:46:40 PM

Hi All,

We will be sending out a DIONS press release next Tuesday !! "I/O Digital set to release the long awaited DIONS project".  This release wil be going to all major news sites.

Soon after that we will also be releasing the DIONS infographic explaining everything what can be achieved with the DIONS release.  This infographic has been seen by the country managers as well and they were thrilled and excited.

When describing everything we have achieved so far for this press release we realized that this is something really unique, something to be proud of and that this technology will be making a difference in the Blockchain / FinTech world as we know it.

Thanks for all your support. We are proud to have you with us.

Team I/O Digital.

Now, we see this great work!

7 days left!

From wan.

Hi Wan,

about next Tuesday: the title of the press release will be something like "I/O Digital set to release DIONS".

Ready, set, go.... we are in stage SET. Almost there.

That does not mean we release DIONS on Tuesday.

I seen some responses thinking that we do release. Most of you will understand because we have a second beta stage coming up, but this does means we are getting really really close. Sorry for any misinterpretation caused.

What it does mean is that we will get a lot of good new PR for the project and new eyes will be looking.

Richard

Oh, I mean the 'press and info'  Grin

I am waiting that.

The steady wins the race !

This project goes over 2 years with solidity.

Cheer up!

From wan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:45:02 PM

Pro tip:

Try and bag all the IOC you can, 2017 will be a EPIC year for IOC.   I can buy it up to 100k right now if i wanted and still be able to take it to 200k.

Do not be surprised to see IOC at 250k next summer.  The developments here should take IOC into ETH ATH regions. I know people who are looking at IOC who think the same.

Copy and print this statement, then thank me later.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:02:06 PM

Pro tip:

Try and bag all the IOC you can, 2017 will be a EPIC year for IOC.   I can buy it up to 100k right now if i wanted and still be able to take it to 200k.

Do not be surprised to see IOC at 250k next summer.  The developments here should take IOC into ETH ATH regions. I know people who are looking at IOC who think the same.

The same thing you write about STRATIS.
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:02:47 PM

Not really into hyping, but this one is a no brainer.......
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:25:13 PM

Pro tip:

so I guess the same thing holds true for their project too....good for stratis.  success is not mutually exclusive. I always heed vintagebazaar's advice, as he pretty good at this stuff.
thank you
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:50:55 AM

Pro tip:

so I guess the same thing holds true for their project too....good for stratis.  success is not mutually exclusive. I always heed vintagebazaar's advice, as he pretty good at this stuff.
thank you

There are many people.

Someone focus on the 'price'

someone focus on the 'blockchain'

and so on.

Wink

From wan.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:48:40 AM

where do i see latest news for ioc?

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:24:30 PM

Id presume the IOC Slack chat.

Really looking forward to seeing the impact DIONS is going to have, i suspect major news to keep on rolling in, week after week of new investors joining the IOC blockchain.   

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cohnhead

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:47:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3ZKXGKQK8&feature=youtu.be
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:22:14 AM

Than You Cohnhead, i had missed this!

Scroll to 40:10 for the IOC talk and it was very nice to hear them Singing iocoin's praises. Nothing but love!
If anyone is still pondering about jumping on board...  Dont wait too much longer or you will fomo much higher.   Wink

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:55:03 PM

www.iodigital.io/slack  -> our community slack chat

www.facebook.com/iodigitalblockchain/

or subscribe to our Telegram channel telegram.me/iodigital

Also our main site has the "bigger" news items. www.iodigital.io

Cheers,
Richard
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:41:57 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 02:04:24 PM by cryptocoinnl

Hey all,

This weekend we have a country managers meeting.
We are going to talk about the upcoming press release, DIONS and the upcoming DIONS infographic.

Important weeks in front of us. 2 years of development coming to a climax.

For new people around here a small recap of this year:

I/O Coin was launched in 2014. A fair launch with no ICO. A few weeks after we went from PoW to PoS.
Since then we have done a lot of work. First of all we were the first to release a custom HTML5 wallet and not only a QT wallet.
Next to that we started to work on our DIONS project.  Probably you see the word DIONS all over the place and don't know what it is...
Well, it is groundbreaking technology for Blockchain. Basically it means: Data in the Blockchain.
DIONS is under development since dec 2014. yes, two years of development and we are almost there.
Website info: www.iodigital.io/dions

We have added our own features to our DIONS implementation.

1. Alias sending -> register an alias on the Blockchain. This is transferable to other people.
2. Decentralized Encrypted Messaging -> send messages from one wallet to another. Encrypted and decentralized.
3. Data storage capabilities -> store data in the Blockchain and benefit from the decentralized storage with proof of existence
4. DIONS = DNS. The Blockchain can act like a decentralized DNS system
5. DIONS = An AES 256 key exchange (no key servers needed anymore)

Basically the third one is the biggest achievement for us. With data storage capabilities you can really do anything you want. Businesses can create their own service and connect to our Blockchain. They can upload their data. They pay little IOC fees for the storage and these fees are distributed to the stakers. Win-win. The more usage we will have, the more the stakers will earn on top of their normal stake rewards.

After the press release we will soon after release our fantastic infographics. Explaining in overview and certain detail what our DIONS technology can do. To give people an understanding of what we really achieved and how it can help their business.

To be clear about our involvement for businesses that want to use the Blockchain: we do not create the apps for companies that want that app to be connected to the blockchain. We provide the Blockchain and the connectivity for them. Maybe some consultancy to help them connect if they need any help.

So after two years of development our DIONS project is in the final stages of beta testing. We still need to test with some selected community members, but we hope to have the most bugs out. The new HTML5 wallet is currently running on our testnet and all features mentioned are working. Everything looks good.

Since the first DIONS ideas we had and talked about it online we have been approached by many companies that want to use Blockchain technology. Even companies that were trying to use the Ethereum Blockchain but failed to create a stable application talked to us. When we had those meetings every time we said to them: patience.. the technology is not yet ready.. They continued on the sidelines building their business case and proof of concept plans while we continued to code. Also our country managers are doing a real good job right now. They all have great business contacts and are introducing us to (large) corporations and businesses around the world. With all these talks and everything we have seen the last months we are very sure this will be a huge success. The most difficult part is to have companies educated what can be achieved with Blockchain. That is step no. 1 Once they know they can setup a business case and proof of concept. We would be glad to help those companies out to explore the great world of Blockchain. We are looking forward to have the first launching business sometime after our release.
This can take some weeks / months after release because businesses need to create / adapt their service to our technology.

Awards
We have been awarded at the European Fintech Top 100 in 2016. The best by public votes in the Blockchain category.
A few weeks ago we were mentioned in the world wide KPMG FinTech top 100 as an emerging star. We were the only Blockchain company on that list!

Foundation
Trust is everything in the Blockchain world especially because the technology is new and still somewhat unproven for most people. This year we have founded the I/O Digital Foundation. This has been done to secure the project and code. We want businesses to have the confidence that the code is safe and they can trust the project to keep existing. We cannot just walk away. We have ByLaws to obey and the Foundation is registered through a notary office. We have to comply to all the regulations a foundation needs to comply to. These are checked by external officials once a year. We have also setup an advisory board. Marco Houweling from TomTom (sr. vice president Finance) was added to the board to help us in the future and give us advice on certain subjects. Marco already introduced us to some people that will help us on -certain things- that are important for the future of the project. We are about to add another name to the advisory board in the near future. Somebody with the business experience we need. He has had a leading role at one of the largest IT companies in the world. Stay tuned.

Trademark pending
We have filed the I/O Digital name and logo for trademark

Press release
The coming press release (next week) will be distributed to the largest news sites. From Yahoo Finance to Newsbtc.com and Cointelegraph. It will even be translated in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Indonesian. Also published on Bitcoin News Latin America, Brazil, Arabia and Indonesia.

To recap our last two years: we have been developing!!

This cannot be seen on our Github because we develop in a private repo. This has been done because we want to protect our code where we have been working on the last two years. The investments done in development are done privately so you can guess why we do this. The world is full of shameless copycats. After x amount of time, when we have a head start, we will open source the code but only when we think the time is right.

What is our future?
Well, short term: release DIONS and connect businesses to the Blockchain.
Medium term: develop and release Chameleon and setup a commercial IO company for things the Foundation cannot provide to the business needs we are currently been asked.

We hope to give you a short overview of where we are at right now.
The team is strong, the community is involved and active and the developments keep going on.

Thanks for all your efforts in supporting the project!

Team I/O Digital
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:49:04 PM

thank you.
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:24:04 PM

Wow. Amazing overview Richard, Thank you.

Truly outstanding work done by the IOC team, hardest working in crypto with no ICO thats for sure.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
cohnhead

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:47:07 PM

like vintage bazaar said,

GREAT OVERVIEW

project is extremely fortunate to have you as Manager.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:56:45 PM

Hey all,

We are going to talk about the upcoming press release, DIONS and the upcoming DIONS infographic.

I/O Coin was launched in 2014. A fair launch with no ICO. A few weeks after we went from PoW to PoS.
Since then we have done a lot of work. First of all we were the first to release a custom HTML5 wallet and not only a QT wallet.
Next to that we started to work on our DIONS project.  Probably you see the word DIONS all over the place and don't know what it is...
Well, it is groundbreaking technology for Blockchain. Basically it means: Data in the Blockchain.
DIONS is under development since dec 2014. yes, two years of development and we are almost there.

1. Alias sending -> register an alias on the Blockchain. This is transferable to other people.
2. Decentralized Encrypted Messaging -> send messages from one wallet to another. Encrypted and decentralized.
3. Data storage capabilities -> store data in the Blockchain and benefit from the decentralized storage with proof of existence

Basically the third one is the biggest achievement for us. With data storage capabilities you can really do anything you want. Businesses can create their own service and connect to our Blockchain. They can upload their data. They pay little IOC fees for the storage and these fees are distributed to the stakers. Win-win. The more usage we will have, the more the stakers will earn on top of their normal stake rewards.

After the press release we will soon after release our fantastic infographics. Explaining in overview and certain detail what our DIONS technology can do. To give people an understanding of what we really achieved and how it can help their business.

To be clear about our involvement for businesses that want to use the Blockchain: we do not create the apps for companies that want that app to be connected to the blockchain. We provide the Blockchain and the connectivity for them. Maybe some consultancy to help them connect if they need any help.

So after two years of development our DIONS project is in the final stages of beta testing. We still need to test with some selected community members, but we hope to have the most bugs out. The new HTML5 wallet is currently running on our testnet and all features mentioned are working. Everything looks good.

Since the first DIONS ideas we had and talked about it online we have been approached by many companies that want to use Blockchain technology. Even companies that were trying to use the Ethereum Blockchain but failed to create a stable application talked to us. When we had those meetings every time we said to them: patience.. the technology is not yet ready.. They continued on the sidelines building their business case and proof of concept plans while we continued to code. Also our country managers are doing a real good job right now. They all have great business contacts and are introducing us to (large) corporations and businesses around the world. With all these talks and everything we have seen the last months we are very sure this will be a huge success. The most difficult part is to have companies educated what can be achieved with Blockchain. That is step no. 1 Once they know they can setup a business case and proof of concept. We would be glad to help those companies out to explore the great world of Blockchain. We are looking forward to have the first launching business sometime after our release.
This can take some weeks / months after release because businesses need to create / adapt their service to our technology.

Awards
We have been awarded at the European Fintech Top 100 in 2016. The best by public votes in the Blockchain category.
A few weeks ago we were mentioned in the world wide KPMG FinTech top 100 as an emerging star. We were the only Blockchain company on that list!

Foundation
Trust is everything in the Blockchain world especially because the technology is new and still somewhat unproven for most people. This year we have founded the I/O Digital Foundation. This has been done to secure the project and code. We want businesses to have the confidence that the code is safe and they can trust the project to keep existing. We cannot just walk away. We have ByLaws to obey and the Foundation is registered through a notary office. We have to comply to all the regulations a foundation needs to comply to. These are checked by external officials once a year. We have also setup an advisory board. Marco Houweling from TomTom (sr. vice president Finance) was added to the board to help us in the future and give us advice on certain subjects. Marco already introduced us to some people that will help us on -certain things- that are important for the future of the project. We are about to add another name to the advisory board in the near future. Somebody with the business experience we need. He has had a leading role at one of the largest IT companies in the world. Stay tuned.

Trademark pending

Press release
The coming press release (next week) will be distributed to the largest news sites. From Yahoo Finance to Newsbtc.com and Cointelegraph. It will even be translated in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Indonesian. Also published on Bitcoin News Latin America, Brazil, Arabia and Indonesia.

This cannot be seen on our Github because we develop in a private repo. This has been done because we want to protect our code where we have been working on the last two years. The investments done in development are done privately so you can guess why we do this. The world is full of shameless copycats. After x amount of time, when we have a head start, we will open source the code but only when we think the time is right.

What is our future?
Medium term: develop and release Chameleon and setup a commercial IO company for things the Foundation cannot provide to the business needs we are currently been asked.

The team is strong, the community is involved and active and the developments keep going on.

Team I/O Digital

Cool so namecoin can do 1 and 3... what is your innovation above what namecoin did? Also you have some kind of ddns setup to be able to resolve webhosts from ip tables in a distributed fashion? Im also interested in what 5 is and how to use it. Good work i wish you guys the best!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:13:11 PM

Is that like BTC is worth way more money, why bother?  Keep up what you guys are doing, let other coins do their own thing........ 

To think that everyone else in the game is not going to overlap on ideas or functions is silly.  At this point, there are only so many avenues of advancement. 

More than anything here, I would say that the team for the coin is a greater asset than any of the code.  These guys are persistent, informative, structured and obviously want to be around for a long time.  Priceless.

As these coins develop, I am sure many will merge ideas and functions, as has already happened with some.

No reason more than one team can succeed.

And, it would frankly bother me a lot if these guys constantly came on here and compared coins.  I would think they spent way too much time looking around and not enough on their own issues..........

mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:57:42 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 06:11:16 PM by mctaino

Hey all,

Awards

Foundation

Trademark pending

Press release

What is our future?

Team I/O Digital

Cool so namecoin can do 1 and 3... what is your innovation above what namecoin did? Also you have some kind of ddns setup to be able to resolve webhosts from ip tables in a distributed fashion? Im also interested in what 5 is and how to use it. Good work i wish you guys the best!

Yes they have a crude and limited form of 1 and 3. Our implementation is far more flexible (via HTML5 Wallet) and provides fully integrated upload control for the end user and we built these features directly with file storage in view, NMC does not envisage this at all. In terms of ddns setup, our blockchain implementation provides the basis for DNS lookup APIs. After release we will setup our own or there may even be a 3rd party api from companies that are in talks with our dev team.

If we are slow to answer we are working on final beta please feel free to go into slack channel. We will answer questions as time permits during this beta period

Thanks

Joel
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:09:50 PM

Hey all,

Awards

Foundation

Trademark pending

Press release

What is our future?

Team I/O Digital

Yes they have a crude and limited form of 1 and 3. Our implementation is far more flexible (via HTML5 Wallet) and provides fully integrated upload control for the end user and we built these features directly with file storage in view
NMC  does not envisage this at all. in terms of ddns setup, our blockchain implementation provides the basis for DNS lookup APIs. After release we will setup our own or their may even be a 3rd party api from companies that are in talks with our dev team.

If we are slow to answer we are working on final beta please feel free to go into slack channel. We will answer questions as time permits during this beta period

Thanks

Joel

Awesome thanks!
ryvirath

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

So you pivoted from being a currency to a storage platform. Ok. What's the cost per kilobyte to store a hash?
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: