Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719043 times)
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:42:41 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 02:33:25 AM by IO Dev Team

IMPORTANT UPDATE & MANDATORY UPGRADE- PLEASE UPDATE NOW!

Today we observed multiple wallets failing to sync and on further investigation it appears that the issue was the result of a bad block that occurred on Nov 2nd.
Unfortunately we had a user who clicked to create a dion on the new wallet that shouldn’t have been ‘enabled’. This action created a bad block since the feature has not been enabled until the fork at 1625000. Some wallets were able bypass the bad block with chain automatic reorganize & others got stuck.  We have taken action and resolved this matter.

We took the decision to suspend the market and err on the side of caution. The matter is now resolved.

New wallets are up

Please ensure to be on the lookout for more wallet patches and updates until the block 1625000. We are updating regularly and adding patches as they are needed. Make sure to always backup the entire iocoin folder in 2 different locations to ensure you have good backups before your proceed with upgrades. If you need wallet support with upgrade go to our telegram channel. If you Move, Send or Receive coins for the next couple weeks please do a small 1 IOC test send and receive first to ensure all good.

https://t.me/joinchat/CqVqS0YP0QgLnfhNKGJ4pA

Market should resume as soon as Bittrex Has Updated

Latest wallets are ready to download on Github wallet version 1.0.4 /Satoshi:15.0.0/ protocol 60017

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases

I/O Digital Dev Team

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:25:38 AM

Is there a bootstrap available from someone on the good chain? This might help get more people up to speed with the latest wallet.
Skuffone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:52:48 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 08:51:53 PM by Skuffone

We are putting together a community funded giveaway to launch just before DIONS

I/OCoin Giveaway

What is it?
Before DIONS is released we will announce that there will be a giveaway:
1. 2 ($5) IOC for the first 100 users per week that sends an encrypted message to a the DION IOCGIVEAWAY; and
2. Each of the successful users at the end of the campaign will be entered into a lottery for a chance to win 250 IOC. Chance of winning are calculated that way : aC x bT x cS

C : Number of coins in your wallet at the end
T : Number of transactions in your wallet at the end
S : Number of coins gained by stacking during the period

How?
Method 1 (existing crypto users):
Each user will have to download the wallet and sync the blockchain. Then they will have to create a DION and send an encrypted message to “IOCGIVEAWAY” DION,  (instructions will be provided on a landing page). They will then have to tweet to confirm that they just sent an encrypted message e.g. “I sent an encrypted msg via new $IOC #DIONS ready wallet and got 2 free IOC ($5). My alias xxx. Try It NOW! www.iocoin.io/giveaway
Tag in as many friends as possible or gets some retweets
Skuffone and Puglist can administer via AWS windows wallet.

Method 2 (non crypto users):
As per above; and
BUT(!) we want to target a more broad twitter user base, for instance all the twitter followers from each user that is going to retweet or get tagged in. Therefore, not everyone will have a bittrex account, so to ensure they have enough IOC to send a message they will have to copy and paste their public key into the landing page to receive 0.02 IOC to pay for the fees.

Why do this?
To increase adoption/usage, nodes, awareness and network staking weight

When?
Announcement to be made as soon as possible, campaign to run for at least 5 weeks.

What need to be done before going live?
1. Landing page www.iocoin.io/iocgiveaway
2. T’s and C’s
3. Add on the landing page something like this Giveaway was organised by IOC happy users to celebrate the launch of the new wallet and DIONS upgrade and can be ended at anytime
4. AWS instance to set up a windows DIONS wallet and fund it with 1750 IOC
5. Create a way to send automatically 0.02 IOC when someone give a public address
6. “Giveaway” tab on the wallet bellow “Buy IOC” for the time of the giveaway period, that way we can integrate the form here to have the user paste his public key and it would be even more user friendly and efficient.
7. Youtube video explanation
8. Flyer
9. Bitcointalk footer
10. Giveaway fund raising from community (1750 IOC)
11. Marketing on CMC / Bitcoinwisdom / Coingy? (2500 IOC)

We will be taking donations for this, Richard will provide address details in due course. Also if anyone can help with 3. 5. & 9. above please let me know.

Skuffone

KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 08:51:58 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE & MANDATORY UPGRADE- PLEASE UPDATE NOW!

Today we observed multiple wallets failing to sync and on further investigation it appears that the issue was the result of a bad block that occurred on Nov 2nd.
Unfortunately we had a user who clicked to create a dion on the new wallet that shouldn’t have been ‘enabled’. This action created a bad block since the feature has not been enabled until the fork at 1625000. Some wallets were able bypass the bad block with chain automatic reorganize & others got stuck.  We have taken action and resolved this matter.

We took the decision to suspend the market and err on the side of caution. The matter is now resolved.

New wallets are up

Please ensure to be on the lookout for more wallet patches and updates until the block 1625000. We are updating regularly and adding patches as they are needed. Make sure to always backup the entire iocoin folder in 2 different locations to ensure you have good backups before your proceed with upgrades. If you need wallet support with upgrade go to our telegram channel. If you Move, Send or Receive coins for the next couple weeks please do a small 1 IOC test send and receive first to ensure all good.

https://t.me/joinchat/CqVqS0YP0QgLnfhNKGJ4pA

Market should resume as soon as Bittrex Has Updated

Latest wallets are ready to download on Github wallet version 1.0.4 /Satoshi:15.0.0/ protocol 60017

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases

I/O Digital Dev Team

Linux build instructions?

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:15:51 PM

Like nearly every single wallet out there.
- Clone the git
- read doc/build-unix.txt and compile with the UPNP=- flag if you don't use uPnP (probably the case).
- that's all

I'm downloading the block chain again from scratch BTW, and I don't know why, but it often stops to download it so I have to constantly restart the daemon. I'm now using a watch command to do it automatically. I should have a complete new block chain again in 24-48h.
I suppose the only thing that will be left to do is import the private key from the previous wallet ?
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:41:51 PM

- Clone the git
- read doc/build-unix.txt and compile with the UPNP=- flag if you don't use uPnP (probably the case).
- that's all

I'm downloading the block chain again from scratch BTW, and I don't know why, but it often stops to download it so I have to constantly restart the daemon. I'm now using a watch command to do it automatically. I should have a complete new block chain again in 24-48h.
I suppose the only thing that will be left to do is import the private key from the previous wallet ?

We are also compiling Linux version.
Probably have it ready this week. Currently focussing on some minor windows wallet issues. Many running fine.

You can indeed import the private key if you like. Press ESC in the wallet so you get the command.

Cheers
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:43:55 PM

- Clone the git
- that's all

We are also compiling Linux version.
Probably have it ready this week. Currently focussing on some minor windows wallet issues. Many running fine.

You can indeed import the private key if you like. Press ESC in the wallet so you get the command.

Cheers

That's good news, I'm looking forward to checking out that shiny new UI. Good luck!

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:06:17 AM

I like price rise today.
CryptoMalone

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:33:58 AM

IMPORTANT NOTICE: WALLET VERSION 1.0.5 HAS BEEN RELEASED, PLEASE UPDATE

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases/tag/dions-html5wallet-1.0.5-setup

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE TEAM WILL BE RELEASING MANDATORY UPDATES TO THE WALLET VERY FREQUENTLY FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS (as bugs are fixed before DIONS go live on block 1625000)
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:39:56 AM

Great to see more and more people getting the new IO wallets to work. If you have it working, please set the wallet to staking!

We understand that the frequent updates of the wallet for some users are too much. Especially in the beginning. We are trying to get a stable situation where the network will settle and therefore we need more wallets online staking. Thats very important.

Hard work is being done to deliver a stable and working wallet for everyone and we see that many of you actually started to use the new wallet. Great!  Within approx 16 days the called block will pass and the DIONS features will activate. The updates of the wallet will be less the coming time in order to get a stable situation. There are no major issues with the current wallet other then some buttons that are not functioning in individual cases which we try to solve by a workaround. Amazing work done there.

As you probably been reading in the news there is a problem with the parity multisig wallet and massive amounts of ETH are stuck. These examples always show us what is important. This is exactly why we focus on testing, testing and testing. Not just us as a team, but with the help of the community as well. This is extremely difficult software to create and only a few in the world can do this. We have security and the wellbeing of the I/O Digital Blockchain (and your assets) always as a priority. Any update of the wallet will always benefit that goal.

So the upcoming two weeks we are focussing on stabilising the IO chain and we continue to need your help on a regular basis. Staking fees will come in and people can enjoy the new wallet. As said we are working with community members for an IOC giveaway and focus on wallet usage and staking. Also a grand prize to be drawn after the promotion period. After launch we will also put our a press release to support the awareness of the I/O Digital Blockchain. That said, the IO project is a community project. If community members want to promote IOC, they don't need any go from the official team. We as a board focus on the awareness of the Blockchain eco-system, but the community can focus on pushing IOC if they want (in a good respectful way). This give away is also initiated by community members that have a big heart for IOC and care for the wellbeing of the overall project. Thats a great initiative.

Together we can achieve great things. We have come this far which is a truly amazing achievement from the development team. We as a team and community are capable of creating something awesome. Work together, promote the project and let us be one of the projects that actual delivers great blockchain software and be top of mind of everybody that can benefit from our project!

Thanks all
Team I/O Digital
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:13:58 PM

DIONS Linux Debian 64bit wallet is available now.

Debian 8 and above only https://github.com/iocoin/dions/releases 

Enjoy!

Support at: https://t.me/iodigitalsupport
Skuffone

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:59:47 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 09:11:27 AM by Skuffone

So time to start getting a list of websites and PR companies to advertise the Giveaway...  I have all the images for banners and advertising inc. animated gif . Please provide a list any suggested websites or PR teams that can spread the word for us.

We are putting together a community funded giveaway to launch just before DIONS

I/OCoin Giveaway

What is it?
Before DIONS is released we will announce that there will be a giveaway:
1. 2 ($5) IOC for the first 100 users per week that sends an encrypted message to a the DION IOCGIVEAWAY; and
2. Each of the successful users at the end of the campaign will be entered into a lottery for a chance to win 250 IOC. Chance of winning are calculated that way : aC x bT x cS

C : Number of coins in your wallet at the end
T : Number of transactions in your wallet at the end
S : Number of coins gained by stacking during the period

How?
Method 1 (existing crypto users):
Each user will have to download the wallet and sync the blockchain. Then they will have to create a DION and send an encrypted message to “IOCGIVEAWAY” DION,  (instructions will be provided on a landing page). They will then have to tweet to confirm that they just sent an encrypted message e.g. “I sent an encrypted msg via new $IOC #DIONS ready wallet and got 2 free IOC ($5). My alias xxx. Try It NOW! www.iocoin.io/giveaway
Tag in as many friends as possible or gets some retweets
Skuffone and Puglist can administer via AWS windows wallet.

Method 2 (non crypto users):
As per above; and
BUT(!) we want to target a more broad twitter user base, for instance all the twitter followers from each user that is going to retweet or get tagged in. Therefore, not everyone will have a bittrex account, so to ensure they have enough IOC to send a message they will have to copy and paste their public key into the landing page to receive 0.02 IOC to pay for the fees.

Why do this?
To increase adoption/usage, nodes, awareness and network staking weight

When?
Announcement to be made as soon as possible, campaign to run for at least 5 weeks.

What need to be done before going live?
1. Landing page www.iocoin.io/iocgiveaway
2. T’s and C’s
3. Add on the landing page something like this Giveaway was organised by IOC happy users to celebrate the launch of the new wallet and DIONS upgrade and can be ended at anytime
4. AWS instance to set up a windows DIONS wallet and fund it with 1750 IOC
5. Create a way to send automatically 0.02 IOC when someone give a public address
6. “Giveaway” tab on the wallet bellow “Buy IOC” for the time of the giveaway period, that way we can integrate the form here to have the user paste his public key and it would be even more user friendly and efficient.
7. Youtube video explanation
8. Flyer
9. Bitcointalk footer
10. Giveaway fund raising from community (1750 IOC)
11. Marketing on CMC / Bitcoinwisdom / Coingy? (2500 IOC)

We will be taking donations for this, Richard will provide address details in due course. Also if anyone can help with 3. 5. & 9. above please let me know.

Skuffone

thispanda

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:16:20 PM

Enjoy!

Cheers! This installs iocoind in /usr/local/bin - but how do we interact with it?
intothewild

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:21:57 PM

Enjoy!

I clicked this link and now all my IOC is gone? wtf
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:11:38 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 02:32:23 PM by cryptocoinnl

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL IOC HOLDERS USING THE OLD WALLET

Since two weeks we are in the process of launching our new wallets and many of you are already upgraded.
These new wallets will support the upcoming DIONS release and features.

--> In about two weeks from now we will automatically upgrade the IO Blockchain to a new DIONS protocol.

WARNING!
If you still use the old HTML5 wallet or QT, you could/will lose your I/O Coins if you are going to send them out of that old wallet!!!
Do not use the old wallet anymore. Always start with the new provided wallets as of now.

You must be on the new network and fully synched. There is nothing the team can do for you. It is your responsibility to upgrade!
(always do a test send of 1 IOC before you move larger amounts and wait for confirmation)

>> here you can check the latest block: chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/

UPGRADE NOW

We are here to support your upgrade and also sent a notification to all old wallet users.

Please go to iocoin.io and download the latest wallet.
Use our upgrade tutorial available on www.iodigital.oi/turorial
If you have upgrade questions please contact us on Telegram: https://t.me/iodigitalsupport

If you have IOC on Bittrex, there is nothing you need to do.

Thanks

I/O Digital team
coinprince

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:47:11 PM

HTML Wallet in IOS get shut down after selecting the new folder for the wallet Huh
Chrisumz0r

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:23:38 AM

I'll finally be able to create my alias. Grin

Very excited to see DIONS go live, worth the two years of waiting.
Skrodk

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:42:48 PM

So, is it figured out approx when DIONS goes live

Very excited, and want to know the date!
Chrisumz0r

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:58:04 AM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL IOC HOLDERS USING THE OLD WALLET

--> In about two weeks from now we will automatically upgrade the IO Blockchain to a new DIONS protocol.

slim87

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:13:51 AM

now in around 10 days Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: