Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:22:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Triangles [TRI] Now Stable & Working Anonymous Cloak over TOR - ON BITTREX  (Read 90223 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
croTek4

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:22:29 PM

ummm i am on block 11164 on one of my wallets, and minting.

edit:
definitely on a different fork, skipped over a whole bunch of earlier transactions and processed later ones.

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:28:00 PM

ummm i am on block 11164 on one of my wallets, and minting.

edit:
definitely on a different fork, skipped over a whole bunch of earlier transactions and processed later ones.

I just noticed that, now Im behind 283 blocks in my client.
wurstgelee

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 10:05:03 PM by wurstgelee

yep...thats a fork. still 10881 blocks.

edit: 3angle, PoL please?
(Proof of Life - it´s been 5 days since he was online last time. Tongue )

GUYS WITH 11183 BLOCKS: YOURE ARE ON A BAD FORK! NETWORK IS STILL @ 10881 BLOCKS (SEE https://bittrex.com/Status). PLEASE RESYNC YOUR WALLETS (SEE OP!) AND MINT FOR THE RIGHT CHAIN! Wink

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:53:19 AM

GUYS WITH 11183 BLOCKS: YOURE ARE ON A BAD FORK! NETWORK IS STILL @ 10881 BLOCKS (SEE https://bittrex.com/Status). PLEASE RESYNC YOUR WALLETS (SEE OP!) AND MINT FOR THE RIGHT CHAIN! Wink

POL like it Smiley
whalebone

Activity: 388
Merit: 101

Bountying for a $100T crypto economy

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 02:15:51 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 03:04:06 PM by whalebone

POL like it Smiley

622 blocks remaining. . . almost synched.

Get your TRI address on moordetro.it & add it to your cryptoprofile on ODDBANK.info ig: @curiousbank @oddb.io @humorless_profit twitter: @curiousbank
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:18:05 PM

POL like it Smiley

622 blocks remaining. . . almost synched.

Are you staking?

wurstgelee

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:38:02 PM

Sigh. Ok, so another week passed, no SoL (Sign of Life Wink ) from the dev.

What know? Should we take matters in our own hands (fix that damn wallet/network)? How long has a dev to be awol until it's appropriate to assume he is gone, dead, whatever?

whalebone

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

Sigh. Ok, so another week passed, no SoL (Sign of Life Wink ) from the dev.

What know? Should we take matters in our own hands (fix that damn wallet/network)? How long has a dev to be awol until it's appropriate to assume he is gone, dead, whatever?

1-2 weeks = no POL = SOL aka shit outta luck and then we can take over.

sound good dev?

I think triangles.club could be a real utility for new businesses and investors alike to leverage development in the digital realm.

connecting brick and mortar with financial tools.

Get your TRI address on moordetro.it & add it to your cryptoprofile on ODDBANK.info ig: @curiousbank @oddb.io @humorless_profit twitter: @curiousbank
wurstgelee

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:48:49 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 07:17:25 PM by wurstgelee

I'm fine with whatever is appropriate.

I would do the source fixing stuff and would compile the windows wallet - if noone else is gonna do it.

But we would need someone else who compiles the Mac wallet and especially someone who does the communication things - like asking bittrex if they would agree on a "community takeover", clarifying schedules with them (bittrex wallet offline, release new sources/clients, once network is stable, bittrex should resync with new client) etc pp. Also making a nice takeover thread. VOLUNTEERS, ONE STEP FORWARD PLEASE! Wink

Reason is that I currently face some final deadlines in my wage slave job and therefore have little spare time - so help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: First idea how to fix things:

Step 1 - reduce coin maturity, maybe also reduce PoS rewards accordingly, add new checkpoints/synccheckpoint, raise protocol version, prevent older clients from connecting to new version clients. So instantly hardfork it. Almost no coding effort, mostly changing some numbers. This would instantly reenable the network.

(alternative idea: change PoS to coin age (instead of blocks to mature) - no more deadlocks)  Wink

Step 2 - add some GUI options to tri client where you can define how much of your coin balance is put on stake (with default values). This should further stabilize the network. This will probably work without forking as a non-mandatory update (so no scheduling with/notifying bittrex or anyone else will be needed) - but i haven't looked further into this yet.

Maybe - if my schedule allows it - do it all @ once. Wink

What I would like best: 3angle, get your things together and fix your damn coin!

whalebone

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:39:33 PM

I'm fine with whatever is appropriate.

I would do the source fixing stuff and would compile the windows wallet - if noone else is gonna do it.

But we would need someone else who compiles the Mac wallet and especially someone who does the communication things - like asking bittrex if they would agree on a "community takeover", clarifying schedules with them (bittrex wallet offline, release new sources/clients, once network is stable, bittrex should resync with new client) etc pp. Also making a nice takeover thread. VOLUNTEERS, ONE STEP FORWARD PLEASE! Wink

Reason is that I currently face some final deadlines in my wage slave job and therefore have little spare time - so help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: First idea how to fix things:

Step 1 - reduce coin maturity, maybe also reduce PoS rewards accordingly, add new checkpoints/synccheckpoint, raise protocol version, prevent older clients from connecting to new version clients. So instantly hardfork it. Almost no coding effort, mostly changing some numbers. This would instantly reenable the network.

(alternative idea: change PoS to coin age (instead of blocks to mature) - no more deadlocks)  Wink

Step 2 - add some GUI options to tri client where you can define how much of your coin balance is put on stake (with default values). This should further stabilize the network. This will probably work without forking as a non-mandatory update (so no scheduling with/notifying bittrex or anyone else will be needed) - but i haven't looked further into this yet.

Maybe - if my schedule allows it - do it all @ once. Wink

What I would like best: 3angle, get your things together and fix your damn coin!

Sounds like a great plan. You know more of the technical side than I and am willing to support you with bittrex conversation, marketing, pr  . . . . all that jazz.

My triangles are lost somewhere between bittrex and my wallet. Wallet is bouncing between 1381 and 622 to go. On bock 9500 out of 10881.

croTek4

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Whatever is going to be done, needs to be done quickly. Triangles are in danger of being de-listed.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:52:34 PM

I think we can safely assume 3angle is gone and will not be coming back.

wurstglee, if you want to attempt to save this coin, I'll send you 2500 TRI from Bittrex.  PM me your TRI address if you want it sent now.

This coin is soon to be worthless and forgotten if we don't do something.

Type your TRI or BTC pledge here if you're willing to help.  If we can get a community manager, we might want to get some TRI together to give out.

whalebone

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 01:27:02 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 01:48:15 AM by whalebone

I think we can safely assume 3angle is gone and will not be coming back.

wurstglee, if you want to attempt to save this coin, I'll send you 2500 TRI from Bittrex.  PM me your TRI address if you want it sent now.

This coin is soon to be worthless and forgotten if we don't do something.

Type your TRI or BTC pledge here if you're willing to help.  If we can get a community manager, we might want to get some TRI together to give out.

pseudonymdude, thank you for the personal support in initiating my wallet.

I wasn't using the reserve balance command or the command prompt at all.

Syncing now and will update when complete. I wish I understood more about the reserve balance and the minting issues we are having. Can anyone recommend some good reading material?

EDIT: WOW!, triangles is working better than ever. Here is what I missed.

I needed to delete BOTH .dat files. I did this once originally without the reserve balance command. So I tried again and deleted BOTH!

Thanks to psudonymdude I added -reservebalance=100000 to the command line AFTER following the command prompt instructions on the OP.

I have a laptop with several wallets staking and will finally switch Triangles to "open on startup"

If I am tasked with creating new OP for the community I will make sure these directions are explicit until we have an easy breezy wallet.

Many thanks.

wurstgelee

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:04:36 PM

this is more feedback than i expected tbh. great. Wink

with triangles threatened to be delisted from bittrex things have to be done now, i agree with croTek4 here. so lets do this!

this is what is gonna happen:
im starting to work on those sources later today (read: change PoS from maturity blocks to coin age - no deadlocks possible any more) and perform some tests after having done so. after that i will compile the win wallet. we still need a volunteer Mac user who would be able and agree to compile the new wallet!

any additional upgrades, gui improvements, even features could be discussed and implemented later, this is not the primary objective now.

so in 1.5 to 2.5 days (so 60h or earlier) i should have a fixed wallet ready. depends on my spare time available.

i probably also will bring up a new working block explorer within few days, this mainly depends on my wage slave job project progress. i wont promise things that im only 98% sure of so i said "probably" here. Wink

croTek4 and whalebone, since you both volunteered to do the PR and communications stuff - maybe you could do it both? share the work or sth. decide yourselves please how and if to share this job.

i think it would make sense to notify bittrex about us taking matters in our hands so they probably give us a few days more to fix things - good thing even if it turns out we dont need this additional time. maybe link them to this topic. also preparing a takeover/fixing/ann thread would make sense imo - but i dont think we should publish it until the network is fixed again - no need to put things under additional pressure.

any additional thoughts and ideas? im open to suggestions!

@pseudonymdude (and others): i wont demand anything for my effort, i would appreciate voluntary TRI donations though: THrVU7gEKMQmtzoNMAGcGKitQ8MKGaHS13 Cheesy

croTek4

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:50:15 PM

I have contacted Bittrex and explained the situation and requested the wallet be taken offline until our issues are fixed. Still awaiting a response or I guess we'll know if the wallet goes offline.

wurstgelee

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:35:47 PM

to keep you guys posted:
i found a little spare time. things appear to work out as expected (read: we WILL have a working network again). I will do some more testing tomorrow evening/night after some additional adjustments.

VOLUNTEER FOR COMPILING THE MAC WALLET STILL WANTED!

pseudonymdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

this is more feedback than i expected tbh. great. Wink

with triangles threatened to be delisted from bittrex things have to be done now, i agree with croTek4 here. so lets do this!

this is what is gonna happen:
im starting to work on those sources later today (read: change PoS from maturity blocks to coin age - no deadlocks possible any more) and perform some tests after having done so. after that i will compile the win wallet. we still need a volunteer Mac user who would be able and agree to compile the new wallet!

any additional upgrades, gui improvements, even features could be discussed and implemented later, this is not the primary objective now.

so in 1.5 to 2.5 days (so 60h or earlier) i should have a fixed wallet ready. depends on my spare time available.

i probably also will bring up a new working block explorer within few days, this mainly depends on my wage slave job project progress. i wont promise things that im only 98% sure of so i said "probably" here. Wink

croTek4 and whalebone, since you both volunteered to do the PR and communications stuff - maybe you could do it both? share the work or sth. decide yourselves please how and if to share this job.

i think it would make sense to notify bittrex about us taking matters in our hands so they probably give us a few days more to fix things - good thing even if it turns out we dont need this additional time. maybe link them to this topic. also preparing a takeover/fixing/ann thread would make sense imo - but i dont think we should publish it until the network is fixed again - no need to put things under additional pressure.

any additional thoughts and ideas? im open to suggestions!

@pseudonymdude (and others): i wont demand anything for my effort, i would appreciate voluntary TRI donations though: THrVU7gEKMQmtzoNMAGcGKitQ8MKGaHS13 Cheesy

I'm glad you're making fast progress.  If you think 2500 is too much, I'll send you 1500 TRI when the network is working and send another 1000 TRI to a community manager who can do giveaways, or I could try to organize a giveaway myself.  It would be pretty easy to just do it through reddit if we have no other options.

wurstgelee

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:15:29 PM

I'm glad you're making fast progress.  If you think 2500 is too much, I'll send you 1500 TRI when the network is working and send another 1000 TRI to a community manager who can do giveaways, or I could try to organize a giveaway myself.  It would be pretty easy to just do it through reddit if we have no other options.

That sounds fine, very generous! Also I'm much more comfortable with delivering first. Smiley

That giveaway thing sounds great. Do it however you like I guess?!  Also I have another idea promotionswise - I will verify if it works out and come back with more details if so. Wink

I will (if no completely unexpected hurdles pop up) finish the source fixing later that evening.

StephenJH

Activity: 1456
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

we knew why

lol, it makes little sense really...
coin was pretty decent out of the box and was never pumped to the point that dev or anyone else made much.

Still have all mine ...

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
croTek4

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:09:12 AM

Bittrex didn't respond to my first message, so I sent a second one a few hours ago. The only response I got so far was that my messages were received.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: