Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:34:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INF8] Infinium-8. Privacy-centric & CPU-mining  (Read 126597 times)
Infinium8 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:14:12 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 01:39:31 PM by Infinium8

WTS 100 INF8

Hi,
I admit I'm being lazy right now, but tired of reading posts. Was anything mentioned about a time frame of getting on some exchanges?

Thanks and Have a Good Day

First we need a block explorer.

upd I sent request to Hitbtc.
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:27:46 PM

Thanks!
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

seems sources from github dont compil :

Code:
[ 53%] Building CXX object tests/CMakeFiles/coretests.dir/core_tests/chaingen.cpp.o
/coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp: In member function ‘void test_generator::add_block(const cryptonote::block&, size_t, std::vector<long unsigned int>&, uint64_t)’:
/coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp:75:102: error: too few arguments to function ‘bool cryptonote::get_block_reward(size_t, size_t, uint64_t, uint64_t&, cryptonote::difficulty_type)’
   get_block_reward(misc_utils::median(block_sizes), block_size, already_generated_coins, block_reward);
                                                                                                      ^
In file included from /coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp:15:0:
/coins/infinium/src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_basic_impl.h:42:8: note: declared here
   bool get_block_reward(size_t median_size, size_t current_block_size, uint64_t already_generated_coins, uint64_t &reward, const cryptonote::difficulty_type diff);
        ^
/coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp: In function ‘bool construct_miner_tx_manually(size_t, uint64_t, const cryptonote::account_public_address&, cryptonote::transaction&, uint64_t, cryptonote::keypair*)’:
/coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp:505:68: error: too few arguments to function ‘bool cryptonote::get_block_reward(size_t, size_t, uint64_t, uint64_t&, cryptonote::difficulty_type)’
   if (!get_block_reward(0, 0, already_generated_coins, block_reward))
                                                                    ^
In file included from /coins/infinium/tests/core_tests/chaingen.cpp:15:0:
/coins/infinium/src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_basic_impl.h:42:8: note: declared here
   bool get_block_reward(size_t median_size, size_t current_block_size, uint64_t already_generated_coins, uint64_t &reward, const cryptonote::difficulty_type diff);
        ^
make[3]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/coretests.dir/core_tests/chaingen.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/coins/infinium/build/release'
make[2]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/coretests.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/coins/infinium/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/coins/infinium/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

anyone had that ?  Huh

The tests are broken at the moment, but you can compile the binaries specifically:
make daemon
make simplewallet

The tests can't be compiled because the emission is infinite. I am working on it.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:44:15 PM

give up

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:34:09 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 03:47:54 PM by ROBERTO

When you release the block explorer?

Just for info people don't like because the problem is INFINITE coin!!

No max supply!

WTS 250 INF8

PM me your offer
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:32:06 PM

Guys got some noob questions here as I have never done cryptonote.

First I get wallet addresses but they look very large compared to addresses from other coins. Is this address valid?

inf8WxuMhuZaeVJiacwMQ7Z377CS8kXwxZhusQBLHELRBm8ZBGPMCXmikE4TGq5Tya75uPpfcpwDi1q JL2WGDHAH182Yckm1in

Second, if I start the infiniumd with this address and 8 which is the cores on that machine, I am then solo mining?

Third, it appears that infiniumd is opening port 27854 on that machine, but I have 3 more machines with 8 core vishera processors which I would like to point at that daemon. How do I start those machines to point there and mine under the same wallet address?

Fourth, if I wanted to point infiniumd to a pool I can't find the commands for that in the --help screen. Any tips?

Again, noob questions I now. Can you guys help a brother out?

Thanks.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:39:21 PM

First I get wallet addresses but they look very large compared to addresses from other coins. Is this address valid?

inf8WxuMhuZaeVJiacwMQ7Z377CS8kXwxZhusQBLHELRBm8ZBGPMCXmikE4TGq5Tya75uPpfcpwDi1q JL2WGDHAH182Yckm1in

Second, if I start the infiniumd with this address and 8 which is the cores on that machine, I am then solo mining?

Third, it appears that infiniumd is opening port 27854 on that machine, but I have 3 more machines with 8 core vishera processors which I would like to point at that daemon. How do I start those machines to point there and mine under the same wallet address?

Fourth, if I wanted to point infiniumd to a pool I can't find the commands for that in the --help screen. Any tips?

Thanks.

pool mining is easiest, and I am not saying that just because I am a pool op.

All you do is get the minerd from wolf (for Linux) and then run the below command.

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://inf8.extremepool.org:5555 -u address -p x

http://inf8.extremepool.org/
https://github.com/wolf9466/cpuminer-multi/

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
MinerMario

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

Thanks.

All you do is get the minerd from wolf (for Linux) and then run the below command.

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://inf8.extremepool.org:5555 -u address -p x

Thanks for the help sir. I was actually solo mining on two machines and have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked  I have figured out how to mine with the simple Infinium interface and actually as an IT guy I prefer it to GUIs. Smiley

I suspect that won't last for ever though. I used your example as well and mined against a pool and received coins back. So thank you for the information. Right now think I am going for the solo mining, but suspect I will be mining at your pool shortly.

Thanks again.

Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:24:14 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for the help sir. I was actually solo mining on two machines and have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked  I have figured out how to mine with the simple Infinium interface and actually as an IT guy I prefer it to GUIs. Smiley

I suspect that won't last for ever though. I used your example as well and mined against a pool and received coins back. So thank you for the information. Right now think I am going for the solo mining, but suspect I will be mining at your pool shortly.

Thanks again.

Congrats!

All the Inf8 addresses start with inf8-.
MinerMario

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

Hey guys.

Looks like the network is working okay. Been hitting blocks solo mining all night and today, was able to transfer coins between wallets and they move pretty quickly.  Grin

So what's the plan? Where are we going with this? Looks pretty stable so far but not a lot of posters here.

Any bites from exchanges yet?

Just would like to know where we are going with this coin.

Be good all.

ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:38:31 AM

Yes agree with you MinerMario "Just would like to know where we are going with this coin"

Yesterday i try to talk about INF8 on poloniex trollbox and people are answered directly is not interresting because there is an infinite number of coin. They do not find it interresting and think it will have no value.

That is why there is no support for INF8.

It would certainly change something to make INF8 attractive, such as establishing a maximun number of coin.
MinerMario

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:56:16 AM

Yes agree with you MinerMario "Just would like to know where we are going with this coin"

Yesterday i try to talk about INF8 on poloniex trollbox and people are answered directly is not interresting because there is an infinite number of coin. They do not find it interresting and think it will have no value.

It would certainly change something to make INF8 attractive, such as establishing a maximun number of coin.

Certainly some information that the developer should hear and take into advisement. What do you think dev?

MinerMario

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:20:36 AM

Hello? Anyone home?

Man it would be a damn shame if this coin is left to rot. It seems to be technology wise quite stable from launch and that's a great thing. Is there no interest at all? Dev did you read the comments above? Any chance of limiting the number of coins?

Hope to hear something about where we are going from here.

33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:05:55 AM

Hello? Anyone home?

Man it would be a damn shame if this coin is left to rot. It seems to be technology wise quite stable from launch and that's a great thing. Is there no interest at all? Dev did you read the comments above? Any chance of limiting the number of coins?

the point of the coin is to have no limit, so why would you now want to limit the amount of coins.  That doesn't' make any sense.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
CoolGecko

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:47:25 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 07:09:37 AM by CoolGecko

Hello? Anyone home?

the point of the coin is to have no limit, so why would you now want to limit the amount of coins.  That doesn't' make any sense.

The truth is that many coins have an infinite supply, though they don't advertise it. Any coin that has a constant interest rate after a period of time (most POS coins) has an infinite supply. Having an infinite supply isn't necessarily a problem. A good approach would be to calculate what happens to the coin supply after say 10-20 years.

@Developer
The last part of the formula

Block_reward = log2(difficulty) * 2^40(difficulty)

isn't clear to me. Could you explain it more clearly? Does it mean (2^40) * difficulty?

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:37:01 AM

Hey guys.

Looks like the network is working okay. Been hitting blocks solo mining all night and today, was able to transfer coins between wallets and they move pretty quickly.  Grin

So what's the plan? Where are we going with this? Looks pretty stable so far but not a lot of posters here.

Any bites from exchanges yet?

Just would like to know where we are going with this coin.

Be good all.

I contacted a few exchange owners and people who are developing block explorer. I'll immediately report the news.
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Hello? Anyone home?

the point of the coin is to have no limit, so why would you now want to limit the amount of coins.  That doesn't' make any sense.

The truth is that many coins have an infinite supply, though they don't advertise it. Any coin that has a constant interest rate after a period of time (most POS coins) has an infinite supply. Having an infinite supply isn't necessarily a problem. A good approach would be to calculate what happens to the coin supply after say 10-20 years.

@Developer
The last part of the formula

Block_reward = log2(difficulty) * 2^40(difficulty)

isn't clear to me. Could you explain it more clearly? Does it mean (2^40) * difficulty?

Thank you for the notice, I mistyped. This is the valid formula

Block_reward = log2(difficulty) * 240
Infinium8 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:02:31 AM

Certainly some information that the developer should hear and take into advisement. What do you think dev?

Need to keep the estimate of the coin at a stable level. The less it falls the more we earn. Also, pumps and dumps deteriorate the image of a coin as a mean for payment. We can never avoid the exchange rate from moving but we can diminish it's impact. So we use the infinite emission to tackle So we use the infinite emission to tackle the deflation problem.

The formula of block reward is log2(difficulty)*2^40. Ergo, the block reward increases slower than the difficulty. This ensures the Infinium-8 stability.
MinerMario

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:12:51 PM

Hello? Anyone home?

the point of the coin is to have no limit, so why would you now want to limit the amount of coins.  That doesn't' make any sense.

I don't want to do anything except see some interest in the coin. I am really thrilled with these CPU only coins and this one seems to work quite well right from the start. I think the other poster above threw out some points and they are worth discussing, and so have you guys since. An active forum is good.

The block explorer coming would be outstanding. Waiting for the news.

Be good all.

MinerMario

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:23:45 PM

Need to keep the estimate of the coin at a stable level. The less it falls the more we earn. Also, pumps and dumps deteriorate the image of a coin as a mean for payment. We can never avoid the exchange rate from moving but we can diminish it's impact. So we use the infinite emission to tackle So we use the infinite emission to tackle the deflation problem.

The formula of block reward is log2(difficulty)*2^40. Ergo, the block reward increases slower than the difficulty. This ensures the Infinium-8 stability.

Okay, it's worth it to keep watching. The investment to get in is small, just a little juice for the CPU, and so far you have done a pretty good job with your launch.

Just one more question. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems in all the excitement of launch no one bothered to ask the first question of crypto and your OP doesn't state it that I can see. Will the block explorer show a premine/instamine? If so how large?

Crossing fingers nothing unreasonable. I can ramp up some more hash for CPU mining this coin but I don't want to spend the electricity if there is a huge premine or instamine hanging out there.

FYI for miners. I have been solo mining this for 1 1/2 days now and still finding blocks. Have 3 AMD 8 core Vishera working on it and have found about 65-70 blocks so far. Not sure how that would add up against pool mining yet but will try that tomorrow and see what is more effective.

But you *can* still solo mine this coin with relatively little hardware.

Be good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: