Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread  (Read 158102 times)
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:54:40 AM

Dont know what happen but i was downgrading to older firmware. I did exactly like it said on forum i mad sure that I unchecked keep settings wanted a clean flash but it booted up with red light blinking cant connect to miner isp log on. I made sure i put in the proper isp. Reset wont work there is no reason to believe that i fried it becuase i was reflashing and it was running fine, I spent 3 hours trying every possible way to reset hardware nothing its not the first time i reset it it just wont work. I was thinking is i could attach the unit to run of the S4 controller board connected to its own power supply and linking the chip boards.

There is no benefit to downgrading firmware. What gets in to people's head, to make that a good idea?

Did you try to login via ssh? It might still be your old password, or it could have been reset to 'root'.

Sounds fun about putting the blades on an s4. If you get that to work, you really need to pay attention to the cooling part.

luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:04:55 AM

Dont know what happen but i was downgrading to older firmware. I did exactly like it said on forum i mad sure that I unchecked keep settings wanted a clean flash but it booted up with red light blinking cant connect to miner isp log on. I made sure i put in the proper isp. Reset wont work there is no reason to believe that i fried it becuase i was reflashing and it was running fine, I spent 3 hours trying every possible way to reset hardware nothing its not the first time i reset it it just wont work. I was thinking is i could attach the unit to run of the S4 controller board connected to its own power supply and linking the chip boards.

There is no benefit to downgrading firmware. What gets in to people's head, to make that a good idea?

Did you try to login via ssh? It might still be your old password, or it could have been reset to 'root'.

Sounds fun about putting the blades on an s4. If you get that to work, you really need to pay attention to the cooling part.

I was downgrading to original firmware to try to overclock at higher frequencies luckly I just tested it on one my miners first. Cooling isnt a problem I could wire fans to run at full speed of power supply. I just need so schematics to work with to know which pin does what on each board. i know i need to add a resistor to lower the voltage to 1.1 from 1.8. so things just got more complex when i started to look at the boards. the connectors dont add up so i would have to cut and wire each one individually.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
luthermarcus

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:23:51 AM

Hold the phone...you're gonna do WHAT? You must have money to burn. As they say...do you know where your child is? Have you logged into your router to see just where the antMiner went? Sounds like a lost child incident to me. Please don't do something you can't recover from.

yea i know the isp of the miner. control board is bricked. connecting it to the s4 is just for fun and a learning experience even if it fails becuase the info i need to even attempt it.Thanks for the post even thought it is just so you could hear yourself talk.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
luthermarcus

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

Hold the phone...you're gonna do WHAT? You must have money to burn. As they say...do you know where your child is? Have you logged into your router to see just where the antMiner went? Sounds like a lost child incident to me. Please don't do something you can't recover from.

yea i know the isp of the miner. control board is bricked. connecting it to the s4 is just for fun and a learning experience even if it fails becuase the info i need to even attempt it.Thanks for the post even thought it is just so you could hear yourself talk.

lol how does anything you say make any sense and why do i have to keep repeating myself to you. Take your time read a post tif you dont have anything to input be courteous and move on. It wouldnt give me any more hashing power than what i already have in hash boards and tool to unbrick my miner is on its way. 2.99 for the tool and i will find out more about the boards by using the tool. I also have a power supply 2800 w coming so it all run off one or i could connect two of my s4 to one when another power supply goes. Hate on someone else's hobbies. Also found a forum on people doing something similar with 2 S3's running on 1 controller board but board. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.0

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:51:55 AM

Howdy,

Dang it...my eyes hurt!!  Somewhere I read about changing the 'queue' size to help with so many discards. Can anybody help? Ideas about a good resize number and the file that needs to be edited?

Thank you ever so much.

When something goes wrong, or so I don't have to log into luci, I just run cgminer in ssh. Once you kill the cgminer that's already running, you can just start it up again in the shell. Once you have it started, that's the cgminer the web interface will monitor and that's what the cron job will take care of if something happens. If I didn't leave a computer on, I'd just run the miner to screen session or just a file my router. That way you can see everything that happens and test things too. While you are looking for the stuff to edit on the miner, test things out simply.

Here's my line for a 250 overclock:

cgminer --bitmain-options 115200:32:8:16:250:0982 -o pool1 -O user:pass -o pool2 -O user:pass -o pool3 -O user:pass --api-listen --api-network --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --queue 4096

See the queue at the end? Edit that and test things. As a bonus, if you want to list more pools than 3, just keep adding them in the command-line. You'll want to copy and paste your line.

If and when you are ready, either add a new config item in the /etc/config/cgminer file for queue size, then change the static entry in /etc/init.d/cgminer (along with a config_get) to the variable one. Or just edit the init.d file with the queue size you want. Yep, I leave the easy way last.

I want to thank you for giving me my first lessons in linux. More stuff to do during my daytime retirement hours.  Smiley  I can see where I could really mess some things up. Question; is it possible to get into a piece of usb hardware? I'd like to get into the r-box 110gh to (possibly) change the asic voltage. Just curious. Thanks again.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
luthermarcus

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:04:06 AM

i explained all this on this sight but no one would listen.

the firmware is screwed up and if you don't uncheck the save settings box above your flashing file  it will crash during flash and will be unbootable.
i explained this to many people the other day and no one believed me thy thought i was lying. but now you are down.
i have 26 s3's and my s3' were crashing many times a day thy were working good and then crash down to 40 gh/s i have been working on this problem for a month and finely fixed them.
if you had flashed bitmains last firmware 1226 thats the problem and reset wont work and if you flash back to earlier program it crashes the miner and is un bootable.
i am willing to enplane step by step how to recover the unbootable miner and flash crashing miners back to good firmware with success. bitmain is making tones of btc telling people the control boards are bad just like thy told me and i fixed it. it took me three hrs to set up and figure it out and now that im setup it only takes 15 minuts to fix a crashed s3's.
if you want the help i can give it and in return it would be nice to get a btc donation for saving you tons of time and money
but it can still be fixed
Hey read your post was trying to downgrade my firmware and I stopped in the middle flashing and now the red light blinks and cant reset. What is the solution ill send some btc your way if it works.

I think it's hard to brick these. First did you try holding down the reset button down when the unit was on for one minute and then having it pressed down for about a minute from when it was off powering it up?

The method generally available to devices essentially in panic mode is TFTP, and it may have a very limited shell to recover with. I'm surprised proper step-by-step info for Antminers with bad flashes can't be easily found here, instead of holding a pricetag on it. You will need to find out if it manages to connect to the network(wired only) and then do a port scan to see what low numbered ports are open if you want to see it it supports either.

Tried all that i have a usb debuging tool coming in the mail I could get it to connect to my computer I will be able to reflash once i get communication back with the miner the other choice bitmain gave me was for them to reboot control board for 15$ plus shipping

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
luthermarcus

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:15:13 AM

I want to thank you for giving me my first lessons in linux. More stuff to do during my daytime retirement hours.  Smiley  I can see where I could really mess some things up. Question; is it possible to get into a piece of usb hardware? I'd like to get into the r-box 110gh to (possibly) change the asic voltage. Just curious. Thanks again.
[/quote]

Are you talking about something like this im using it to get into and s3 USB-TTL Adapter 5V + 3.3V for Arduino CP2102 5 Pin Windows, Linux, MAC.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=USB-TTL+Adapter+5V+%2B+3.3V+for+Arduino+CP2102+5+Pin+Windows%2C+Linux%2C+MAC&_sacat=0

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:35:32 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 03:26:39 AM by CapnBDL

I'm not sure. no141 got me started down this road  Smiley  I'm sure I'm on the wrong thread, but I wanna find out if I can change the asic voltage for OCing the r-Box110gh. I don't know if that piece will let me into the internal programming.  It does use the 2102 interface. Thanks for the link!

Has anyone ever tried it??

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
luthermarcus

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:45:54 AM

I'm not sure. no141 got me started down this road  Smiley  I'm sure I'm on the wrong thread, but I wanna find out if I can change the asic voltage for OCing the r-Box110gh. I don't know if that piece will let me into the internal programming.  It does use the 2102 interface. Thanks for the link!

Has anyone ever tried it??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
miningcoins

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:37:37 PM

A good way of cooling the Antminer S3s is to take off the cowl and connect fans to the heatsinks. I have bought some old CPU LGA 775 fans for a less than £2 each and wedged them over the heatsinks (the clip fits between the heatsink and the metal case by the fan). You can fit 2 per side and then use a 5 way pwm splitter to power all the fans from the existing S3 pwm connector.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:59:29 PM

Hey all,

I really need your help here.

I'm trying to install my antminer S3 at work, but can't find it over a browser.
I know that my IP adress might be the problem. 192.168.10.x

How can I setup my miner then ?
Kinda new to ethernet connect miners...

Thx for your help.

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

no141

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:55:08 PM

Hey all,

Thx for your help.

If you have the miner all set up correctly and set the miner up for a dchp connection it should work, but you really couldn't find it then easily. Taking the subnet you are on, I'd scan all IPs until I found it. I would change the port of the http daemon to be something unusual. That way I could check each available IP for an http response on port 2342, for example. Change the port by editing the /etc/config/uhttpd file. You would need to scan the ports from work.

What exactly do you have access to at work, regarding the network?

It might be easiest to connect a router that you can access, to the work's internet. However not all routers will work as uplinks. Then connect the miner to that. That way you could access the miner by way of a device that connects to that router.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:47:16 PM

Hey all,

Thx for your help.

your IP is a problem.. you need to be on the same sub network.
so you are on 10.X and your miner is on 1.99 *Default*

so that means you cant see it..

what you need to do is hook a laptop or something directly to it, with an IP in the 1.X range and set the S3 up with a 10.X IP, then you will be set.

if you are at work, you probably cant, and shouldnt try, to change the work computers IP..

pluss adding IP's to the network is probably not a good idea either..

does your work have wifi?

Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:03:02 PM

Hey all,

Thx for your help.

your IP is a problem.. you need to be on the same sub network.
so you are on 10.X and your miner is on 1.99 *Default*

so that means you cant see it..

what you need to do is hook a laptop or something directly to it, with an IP in the 1.X range and set the S3 up with a 10.X IP, then you will be set.

if you are at work, you probably cant, and shouldnt try, to change the work computers IP..

pluss adding IP's to the network is probably not a good idea either..

does your work have wifi?

Ok I'll try that.

Yes my work has wifi.
S3 has wifi i it ?

Any tutorial to configure it for wifi ?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:41:34 AM

Quick question, can I install the last firmware antMiner_S320150109.bin on any S3 ??

One of my S3 does have the advanced setup tab.

Thanks

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
no141

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:28:12 AM

Quick question, can I install the last firmware antMiner_S320150109.bin on any S3 ??

Thanks
The latest firmware should be fine on all S3/S3+ machines. It's probably best to be on the latest, just for the fact you can easily change frequencies. Other than that no boost in performance, but the miners without the advanced tab will have a newer version of cgminer, which helps with some issues for a few pools.

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:13:37 PM

Thanks
The latest firmware should be fine on all S3/S3+ machines. It's probably best to be on the latest, just for the fact you can easily change frequencies. Other than that no boost in performance, but the miners without the advanced tab will have a newer version of cgminer, which helps with some issues for a few pools.

Kano and ck are working on an updated cgminer for the S3.  They release it for the S1, S3 will come after they do the S2.  Hopefully it will help with issues folks have.

For example, after a restart my oc'd S3+ runs at 500gh/s and slowly decays to 480gh/s over a day or two.  I doubt this has anything to do with the version of cgminer it's running, but updated software may help.
tuppleware

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:17:54 PM

Big shout out to Billy and James at Bitmain USA.  Thanks for your help with my S3 pcb boards.  The Denver Bitcoin Center is an awesome resource to get networked in the BTC world.  Thanks again to Billy and James.  Go Bitmaintech!
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 04:22:05 AM

Whelp...never thought I'd be saying this....I think I mighta bricked my control board! Damn!!!

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:25:07 AM

Whelp...never thought I'd be saying this....I think I mighta bricked my control board! Damn!!!
hey bud your talking about an s3 right? if so I got mine unbricked so if you want could help you with the process you need that usb i was talking about though.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: