Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400919 times)
Storj (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

How do I invest? Kind of lost here.

Thanks.

http://storj.io/crowdsale.html

It seems that link is not contained within the OP...Wink
It's on the top of our main website, but we've added it to the OP. Apologies for the confusion!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:12:34 AM

How do I invest? Kind of lost here.

Thanks.

http://storj.io/crowdsale.html

It seems that link is not contained within the OP...Wink

Thanks!
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:15:24 AM

As a crowdsale participant, one of the benefits is you will be able to get access to Metadisk (currently in its beta) and then to DriveMiner in the very near future.

Will access to Metadisk and DriveMiner betas be available before the end of the IPO, or after?
Storj (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:23:49 AM

if you get 6 million dollars for this shit i will never use my computer again.
We're sorry to hear that you feel that way! We're always open for discussion if you have any concerns or issues to voice. Cheers!
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:32:54 AM

if you get 6 million dollars for this shit i will never use my computer again.

This is probably a good thing...
cjp007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:34:21 AM

looks interesting... i may be in  Grin
Moon Follow Me

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:43:15 AM

as far as i understand dev wants to sell 70% of all coins for 9,800 BTC (~$6m) on crowdsale, leave 15% for yourself and another 15% for giveaways. you must be a fool if you are going to invest in.
We do not intend to reach 9,800 BTC. The main point of this crowdsale is to cover our costs up to this point along with providing funding for the future. The crowdsale will go to developer salaries (several people are working full time on this project), development of new protocols and applications, and marketing. The community pool and the developer pool are ways for outstanding community members to be rewarded for contributing to the project.

A majority of altcoins released today have premines held completely by the developers. Storj changes this by allocating half of these funds to the community so that we, the developers, do not have all of the say.
1-3% premine is ok. good devs deserve some profits. but 15% is something beyond my understanding.

if we suppose that you collected just 1k BTC then investors get just 1/10 of 70% and the rest goes to dev. heres simple math 70-7+15+15=93.

it means that dev holds 93% of all coins + $600,000 collected in crowdsale. just great LMAO!

plus, you are not a public person who we can trust. you don't even have whitepaper. this is probably scam.

verdict: no, thanks. pass.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:46:08 AM

No escrow?

We understand that this may cause some users to be apprehensive in contributing to the crowdsale. Our team members have made their identities available in order to put real faces and names to the project.

Where can i see that?
Storj (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:47:39 AM

As a crowdsale participant, one of the benefits is you will be able to get access to Metadisk (currently in its beta) and then to DriveMiner in the very near future.

Will access to Metadisk and DriveMiner betas be available before the end of the IPO, or after?
Metadisk is available at http://node1.storj.io/ (keep in mind that this is a beta so there are some limitations). The arrival of Driveminer should appear in the very near future as our developers are getting close to done with a prototype.

No escrow?

We understand that this may cause some users to be apprehensive in contributing to the crowdsale. Our team members have made their identities available in order to put real faces and names to the project.

Where can i see that?
On our pitch deck, the second to last slide has a short bit on some of our main team members. Seeing as how we have had many team members come on board since the creation of this deck, we are compiling a list of biographies for all current team members.
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:51:02 AM

Now that's innovation !

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

as far as i understand dev wants to sell 70% of all coins for 9,800 BTC (~$6m) on crowdsale, leave 15% for yourself and another 15% for giveaways. you must be a fool if you are going to invest in.
We do not intend to reach 9,800 BTC. The main point of this crowdsale is to cover our costs up to this point along with providing funding for the future. The crowdsale will go to developer salaries (several people are working full time on this project), development of new protocols and applications, and marketing. The community pool and the developer pool are ways for outstanding community members to be rewarded for contributing to the project.

A majority of altcoins released today have premines held completely by the developers. Storj changes this by allocating half of these funds to the community so that we, the developers, do not have all of the say.
1-3% premine is ok. good devs deserve some profits. but 15% is something beyond my understanding.

if we suppose that you collected just 1k BTC then investors get just 1/10 of 70% and the rest goes to dev. heres simple math 70-7+15+15=93.

it means that dev holds 93% of all coins + $600,000 collected in crowdsale. just great LMAO!

plus, you are not a public person who we can trust. you don't even have whitepaper. this is probably scam.

Is it true?  Huh
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:02:45 AM

I am really interested and looking into sending some dough for the ipo next week. We have till August 18th correct for the ipo? Also any bounties going for translations of the OP and for coin blog posts? Smiley. I would love to promo this coin!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Storj (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:04:42 AM

If you read the Terms and Conditions, it will show that we (the developers) are not keeping the left over SJCX. That would be pointless as we would have no use for hundreds of thousands of coins.

We are taking most of the leftover coins and actually distributing them into the market for users to farm and get from the work they do. Users will use Driveminer to get these left over coins.

Yes we need funds to operate (all listed in the terms) but we are letting the users have access to the left over coins once the crowdsale is over.

In terms of our identity, those can all be found in the deck and our team members have disclosed their identity and pictures even. All of our emails are available if you would like to contact us directly, along with our phone numbers as well; just let us know if you would like them.

If you head over to the Storj forums or the subreddit, you will see that our head developer, Shawn Wilkinson is currently working on a revised white paper which will be published soon. The older one is available on the forums as well if you are interested but that one is slightly out of date.

Does that clear up some of your confusion?

Storj (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:06:23 AM

I am really interested and looking into sending some dough for the ipo next week. We have till August 18th correct for the ipo? Also any bounties going for translations of the OP and for coin blog posts? Smiley. I would love to promo this coin!

We would love to chat with you about anything you can do for Storj! We will PM you our email.
As for translations, you can visit the Projects and Bounties board on our forums to see where you can help out!
cjp007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:31:06 AM

If you actually read the pitch on that pitch site, the idea is quite genius.
Moon Follow Me

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:37:36 AM

We are taking most of the leftover coins and actually distributing them into the market for users to farm and get from the work they do. Users will use Driveminer to get these left over coins.
1) what do you mean by "distributing them into the market"? maybe my english isn't perfect and i understand it as "selling"
2) will only investors be able to "mine" them using Driveminer?
3) can you tell me more about Driveminer? how does it work?
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:39:57 AM

No escrow?

where is the information of them?
put them on the btt.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Primitive

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:42:53 AM

umm.  wow.  is this the biggest IPO ever?

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Storj (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 01:56:01 AM

umm.  wow.  is this the biggest IPO ever?
Nope! Many other similiar projects like MaidSafe have had bigger crowdsales (and rightly so). Keep in mind that we do not intend to reach 9,800 BTC.

No escrow?

where is the information of them?
put them on the btt.
Main members can be found at the end of the pitch deck. Seeing as how that's a little dated, we are compiling a list of bios from all current team members; expect it to be posted very soon.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:17:19 AM

For everyone calling scam, perhaps you should do some research.  Shawn and David, the two guys behind Storj and Maidsafe, are seen hear talking with each other.  They both have stated that their projects should eventually compliment each other...and the dev work for both is already progressing well.  I'm on the Maidsafe side but appreciate what Storj is doing...so do some research before calling scam!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/VS7PVXweMsc

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: