Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:06:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400919 times)
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:59:06 PM

May be an IRC channel for SJCX would be a good thing to enlarge its community.

Storj is already on IRC, you can follow the conversation here: https://botbot.me/freenode/storj/

Thanks for the link.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:36:04 AM

Hi I am interested but i have a few questions
1. Someone earns storjcoins based on the amount of the available GB he has on his hard drive?
2. Can this be an empty external hard drive?
3. How many storj per 1gb at the moment?
4. People store data on my hard drive. Are those data backed up anywhere else? What will happen if I decide to turn off my hard drive? Will people lose their data?

Thanks

O_o
STORJX

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:56:39 PM

Hey guys

We added Storjcoin X to our Altcoin NEWS and INFO Portal @satoshis.guru

Have a look!

Now with Price Stats

http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-info/storjcoin-x/

greetz

We thank you for the support!  Smiley
STORJX

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:56:56 PM

Storj will be attending TNABC on January 16-18.

Storj will be on “The Startup Stage” at 15:00 EST Sunday the 18th.

http://btcmiami.com/speakers/shawn-wilkinson/

If you are in Miami and plan to go to the conference you are invited to come and see us.

You are all invited to come and see us at the Storj booth where Shawn, Josh and Andrew will be answering any questions you may have.

l3mmy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:08:34 AM

Hi I am interested but i have a few questions
1. Someone earns storjcoins based on the amount of the available GB he has on his hard drive?
2. Can this be an empty external hard drive?
3. How many storj per 1gb at the moment?
4. People store data on my hard drive. Are those data backed up anywhere else? What will happen if I decide to turn off my hard drive? Will people lose their data?

Thanks
1.) you will get paid for space that is utilized not simply offered
2.) sure it could be a floppy disk if you wanted
3.) at the moment 0
4.) you would loose the contract for the redundant copy of the shard you are storing.  That copy would then be replicated from one of the other nodes storing the copy
MrVi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

I have few questions also:
1. Isn't it slow to download stored files. People usually have limited uplaod (with 20-30 connection to seeded torrents u usually get decent speed).
2. Following point 1 shouldn't there be some kind of upload bonus for people that share good  portion of the connection ?
STORJX

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:36:14 PM

I have few questions also:
1. Isn't it slow to download stored files. People usually have limited uplaod (with 20-30 connection to seeded torrents u usually get decent speed).
2. Following point 1 shouldn't there be some kind of upload bonus for people that share good  portion of the connection ?

1. You will be downloading very small file chunks from different DriveShare nodes on the network so speed shouldn't be bad.
    It won't be like downloading a whole 1GB file but rather small pieces of few MB each or less.
2. There may be a network ranking system based on uptime, so the more you node is up the better chances you have at hosting a chunk.

We are still at an early beta stage, with time and progress we will be able to figure the best way to go forward.
STORJX

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:37:12 PM

Storj Superstars at TNABC, Miami from left: Andrew, Shawn, Josh, and Shaun

Storj Booth

Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:43:05 PM

this coin is great....I love the idea. I am surprised more people haven't caught on to this coin yet....?

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 08:51:09 PM

this coin is great....I love the idea. I am surprised more people haven't caught on to this coin yet....?

They have.  Right now there is low volume due to lack of major exchanges.  But this coin is definitely on a lot of people's radar.
Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 09:49:55 PM by Blazin604

They have.  Right now there is low volume due to lack of major exchanges.  But this coin is definitely on a lot of people's radar.

When will there be a QT wallet I can download? I cant figure out what to do with all the coins I have on POLONIEX...someone said send to counterparty.io but they only accept btc or xcp I cant figure out how to send in Storjcoin X

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 11:03:07 PM

They have.  Right now there is low volume due to lack of major exchanges.  But this coin is definitely on a lot of people's radar.

When will there be a QT wallet I can download? I cant figure out what to do with all the coins I have on POLONIEX...someone said send to counterparty.io but they only accept btc or xcp I cant figure out how to send in Storjcoin X
SJCX uses Counterparty enabled BTC addresses. So if you send your SJCX to the address listed in Counterwallet it will show up in the interface.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:16:02 AM

SJCX uses Counterparty enabled BTC addresses. So if you send your SJCX to the address listed in Counterwallet it will show up in the interface.

To clarify a bit, you have to create a Counterparty wallet and then send them there.  You can do that here...https://counterwallet.io/#

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:23:06 AM

To clarify a bit, you have to create a Counterparty wallet and then send them there.  You can do that here...https://counterwallet.io/#

And keep your pass-phrase safe. It cannot be recovered.

Blazin604

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:11:08 AM

Thank you for the help.

STORJX

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:09:49 AM

Our team is thrilled to announce that Storj has been awarded as one of Black Duck’s Open Source Rookies of the Year!

We launched our beta test on December 20 of last year and expect to start scaling up during 2015.
There is a lot of attention towards our project, and we mean to live up to the expectations of our fans and supporters.
Secure, private, and decentralized cloud storage will be a hot topic in 2015, and we want Storj to be at the center of it.

We’d like to thank the community for their enthusiastic support, as well as the dedicated group of volunteers who help maintain the project.
We dedicate our Black Duck Open Source Rookies of the Year Award to each one of you.

Each year, Black Duck names ten new open source projects as their Rookies of the Year.
Previous awards include Ansible, Docker, Bootstrap, Tox, and many other great Open Source projects.
We’re honored to be acknowledged alongside such great ideas as well as the other rookies this year.

TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:32:15 AM

Our team is thrilled to announce that Storj has been awarded as one of Black Duck’s Open Source Rookies of the Year!

We launched our beta test on December 20 of last year and expect to start scaling up during 2015.
There is a lot of attention towards our project, and we mean to live up to the expectations of our fans and supporters.
Secure, private, and decentralized cloud storage will be a hot topic in 2015, and we want Storj to be at the center of it.

We’d like to thank the community for their enthusiastic support, as well as the dedicated group of volunteers who help maintain the project.
We dedicate our Black Duck Open Source Rookies of the Year Award to each one of you.

Each year, Black Duck names ten new open source projects as their Rookies of the Year.
Previous awards include Ansible, Docker, Bootstrap, Tox, and many other great Open Source projects.
We’re honored to be acknowledged alongside such great ideas as well as the other rookies this year.
Congratulations, guys!  We're all looking forward to your effort, and look forward to what the Storj team rolls out this year.  Well done!
Mergesort

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:36:58 PM

I am late to the party how do i get sjcx without buying it or participating in the beta? I already created a wallet and i have 4tb storage^^
STORJX

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:32:15 PM

I am late to the party how do i get sjcx without buying it or participating in the beta? I already created a wallet and i have 4tb storage^^

You could write a demo app with our Web-Core API and be rewarded 1000 SJCX.

Check out the Project & Bounties section on https://storjtalk.org, we do have giveaways and more bounties from time to time.
STORJX

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:32:26 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 06:21:11 AM by STORJX

Our Lead Designer Tome has been working on some new Storj Stickers and they are now complete.
Find attached a zip file that contains them all as high res .jpg files (CMYK - 300dpi).
They are ready to fit the Moo.com rectangular sticker template.
We will also print a few and add them to the StorjTalk Shop!

Download the templates from here: StorjStickersTemplates.zip

The attached templates work perfectly on Moo.com, they should work on a local site of your choice too.

If you find a local printer in your country that works better and cheaper make sure to post a link.
You can also setup your own template for other people in your area who may be interested.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: