Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO NOT ORDER FROM MINERSOURCE!!!  (Read 13246 times)
Bobs Yerunkle

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Untitled

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:09:50 AM

I have a pre-order from December 2013 that is unfulfilled with no known delivery date.
My refund request has been denied and subsequent contact so far has been ignored.

So, yeah, do not order from Minersource.net  Angry

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Diffusion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:49:41 PM

Following up on my preorder from November last year.

I first contacted them back in May when the units were already a little late and would give compensation. I was given steps to login to the new website. No problem was ever indicated.
They then said the X1s would start shipping the following week. As I was an early preorder I expected to get it around that time.

Then in Mid June I emailed them again asking for a status as it has been 3 weeks since they said it would be shipped in a week.
They then emailed me back saying they couldnt locate my order (I provided both my previous order numbers in prior emails, but provided it again)
Then they emailed that they couldnt locate my payment (WTF) but I sent them the record for the BTC payment I made.

I didnt hear anything back and have tried constantly emailing them and phoning them.

I finally heard back from them today and they said:
"We do not have your money or an order for you. You paid the previous owner who seems to have run off with your Bitcoin.
I am sorry.
Dan Murtha
Co-Founder
support@minersource.net "

I followed up on that and they said

"Miner Hosting LLC purchased minersource.net after your order was placed, your order still resides with the previous site owner as he did not transfer any orders to us.
The transaction data you sent does not match up with any of our wallets, our first order is dated 11/24/2013 "

Funny how its right after I placed my order.... I have records of my order from their own site (the 2nd one) showing my order placed, and paid.
Is there any news on action taken against them?

brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:04:20 AM

I'm going to try looking into the small claims court again. I'm thinking I may be able to sue them in my state since it's an internet business.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 01:23:45 PM

I first contacted them back in May when the units were already a little late and would give compensation. I was given steps to login to the new website. No problem was ever indicated.
They then said the X1s would start shipping the following week. As I was an early preorder I expected to get it around that time.

Then in Mid June I emailed them again asking for a status as it has been 3 weeks since they said it would be shipped in a week.
They then emailed me back saying they couldnt locate my order (I provided both my previous order numbers in prior emails, but provided it again)
Then they emailed that they couldnt locate my payment (WTF) but I sent them the record for the BTC payment I made.

I didnt hear anything back and have tried constantly emailing them and phoning them.

"We do not have your money or an order for you. You paid the previous owner who seems to have run off with your Bitcoin.
I am sorry.
Dan Murtha
Co-Founder

"Miner Hosting LLC purchased minersource.net after your order was placed, your order still resides with the previous site owner as he did not transfer any orders to us.
The transaction data you sent does not match up with any of our wallets, our first order is dated 11/24/2013 "

Funny how its right after I placed my order.... I have records of my order from their own site (the 2nd one) showing my order placed, and paid.

My order was transferred to the new system and then cancelled, so they should send me back my money.

Check out this quote I got from this crypto new site.

For them it was customers first. Even when Black Arrow was being delayed over and over, they refunded their customers out of their own pockets to make it right.

WTF?!  Huh This makes me so angry since I haven't received a refund from Minersource and many others who bought from them are also still waiting.

It's almost 1 year ago since I've sent minersource my $800,-

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

I am sorry.
Dan Murtha
Co-Founder

My order was transferred to the new system and then cancelled, so they should send me back my money.

Check out this quote I got from this crypto new site.

For them it was customers first. Even when Black Arrow was being delayed over and over, they refunded their customers out of their own pockets to make it right.

WTF?!  Huh This makes me so angry since I haven't received a refund from Minersource and many others who bought from them are also still waiting.

It's almost 1 year ago since I've sent minersource my $800,-

I spoke till I was blue in the face about Matt Carson and how he ripped off his own mother for $20K, but nobody would listen. He fucked over the people he rented his home from in Missouri and never paid rent again for his warehouse there after ONLY paying the required deposit.

Now, even the fucker that vetted him is MIA, not to mention BA that he was so sucking Alex's dick.

The above would be so motherfuckin' funny if for it wasn't so motherfuckin' true.

To refresh your memory how Matt Carson is a motherfuckin' liar...

You are exactly right. The direction this thread is going is to create as much conspiracy theories/FUD as possible. He is not interested in looking at the facts and drawing a conclusion from them. He has already drawn his own conclusion and is attempting to create the evidence to support it.  

Not sure the motives behind it but I have a feeling he may be paid by BFL to troll.

First off, fuzznuts, I'm not being paid by anybody to do this, but if I were, I would declare such in a heartbeat. The next time you accuse me of such, do so in front of some live witnesses in front of my face, whereupon both of us will later be placed in some wards: You in the hospital, and me playing the part of somebody's bitch, not saying that'll be a bad thing.  Kiss

You are more than welcome to dispute any facts I post in this thread. If your assessment is valid, then I will retract what was penned.

Starting with...

We do not know who is BlackArrow Matt, let alone what continent he's on.  FACT!
We do not know the name of who represented Black Arrow when Matt Carson met up with him in the UK during his so-called recent visit:  FACT!
Matt Carson never explained why after purchasing the first datacenter in Rolla, MO, along with retrofitting it on his investomer's satoshi, he opted to move the datacenter to a new location sans a vote by the co-op, incurring an expense, then moved it again, incurring another expense, then moved it again to some undisclosed location in Denver, incurring yet another expense.  FACT!

Yet, I'm the one you're calling out on, especially on the latter point, even though this very important issue has been expressed a few times prior by other bitcoiners. I was merely connecting the dots, sometimes skewly, but still to the benefit of those that have moneys tied due to the Group-Buy-Guru guy's vetting process. The only saving grace is that DZ was vetted by John K. who, by the way, is no longer around, before positioning himself as the largest group buy co-op/vetting service less than a month later. DZ even vetted some clown in Florida that's a alt coin guy, who's taking under-performing bitcoin miners off Matt's hands, thanks to a suggestion by a Newbie, at the time, and hosting them at his datacenter paid for by the Sunshiner's investomers.  FACT!

~TMIBTCITW

Where the hell are you getting that I moved so many times? Also the move, along with location #1 and location #2 are fully leased and paid for by Miner Hosting, not any COOP, so technically no permission of any sort was required. I needed to move for capacity reasons, as need far outstripped capacity available in MO.

I understand now! Missouri doesn't have any buildings big enough to house your investomer's miners, in spite of Missouri having cheaper electricity cost than Colorado, something you used as a selling point to attract investomers.

BUILDING #1: Purchased the building, awaiting infrastructure.

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man

<snip>

Thanks- Ill be moving to a custom made facility here in under 3 weeks.

BUILDING #2: Moving to a better facility here (still in Missouri) located 90 miles away.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Building acquired Smiley

I cant answer on the software but I can on the shipping. Looks like the boards should be done here within 48 hours, and then will be dispatched after a small amount of testing to AUS, and me in the US. At least from me, all boards will then be tested again (Not sure how long... suggestions?) and then immediatly shipped out same day via UPS Next Day/2nd Day air [depending on location]. As soon as we know the boards are done, we can give  concrete delivery.

I'd sample test say 1/10th of the boards for a few hours on testnet.  That'd be my recommendation

Yeah I can do that. *might* be able to live stream, or atleast upload a ton of pictures.
I will be shipping from MO. Middle of the country, and if your anywhere close to me Im ok with local pickup Smiley.

And I just want to say guys - Barn has been working very hard behind the screens to bring this all together... this stuff is immensely complex.

Here we are, on November 18th, and Matt still has his datacenter in Missouri at the second facility:

<snip>

This is why I went from garage > warehouse > bigger warehouse. Heat is nuts.

Shenzhen, China    11/26/2013    8:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

Yea, but do the thumbs have any tracking info?  When you get the board delivery after a quick run though where are they coming from for you. I seem to expect California.
No idea on the thumbs- thats all Barn.
I will be shipping out from Central MO.

Does anyone have any details regarding power consumption. The genesis block calculator says expected power usage per unit to be 2100 watts. I am afraid for me that's not going to work. To be honest I was expecting something that would work on a residential 120v circuit. They also do not offer any hosting yet unfortunately.

I got ya covered Tongue
But yeah that is kind of silly. Im glad when I put my new facility together I decided to say fuck it and got all 240v

November 26th, edited on the 28th, Matt Carson is still in Missouri at the second facility: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg3723600#msg3723600

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

And still upgrading his second facility:

<snip>

No problem. Im having a 400A 240V pannel installed just for the 2kw+ miners that seem to be coming out.

On December 12, 2013, fresh back from China, Matt Carson posted the following... BTW, still located in Missiouri:

This makes no sense financially and if it's going to be hosted in a data center it should be using specialized GPU mining racks that can run more GPUs per motherboard/CPU.  You really need open racks and to use PCI-E riser ribbons if you want to build a GPU mining rig, using a desktop computer case makes no sense especially because heat is a huge issue with scrypt mining.  Also to be honest, scrypt mining is VERY finicky compared to SHA256 mining, you're talking about constant lockups and crashes if heat isn't perfectly controlled.  The amount of time that's going to go into keeping everything running is going to be much higher than with bitcoins and given how the Bitfury towers already caused a ton of problems I'm not sure the coop has enough manpower to keep racks of scrypt miners up and running.

The new facility comes with me also having hired 6 more people to help out. I am currently training them right now.

On December 13, Matt Carson hired additional staff to work at his Missouri-based datacenter, to date not mentioning Denver even once.

<snip>

I am working with them right now for me to help with their tickets, so we can get the response time much faster. I have hired additional staff that start work here in a few weeks, and I know they are working hard to improve their systems.

I cant speak on the refunds unfortunately, I am still discussing the options with them.

Four hours later, Matt mentions for the first the move to Denver, right after somebody ask about local pickup since he lives in KC. Did his new hires move to Denver with him?

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012

We are all moved into the new place, lots of updates and pictures to come!

BUILDING #3:

Somewhere in Colorado, in some warehouse with 16-18 foot ceilings, ideally well-suited for bitcoin miners that love fiberglass dust sourced from the exposed insulation in the ceilings and walls, blown free from the constantly moving vortex of air due to the industrial-sized air conditioning unit(s). Whatever you do, don't open up that massive overhead door that's probably not well-sealed, otherwise you'll really have the dust a flying.

This has been the third time you're on record in stating that you only moved once. Care to try for a forth time?

~TMIBTCITW

Today, in some warehouse in Colorado, Matt Carson is puffin' away on some expense hookah paid for by you schmucks who ordered from him. Also, he's still profiting on whatever miners he has on hand, also paid for by you monumental assholes.

The fuckin' dude is bad news from the word go, and that goes for EVERY FUCK that's associated with him.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 04:48:59 AM

So was it a mere coinincidence how Matt and Hendo420 both decided to move to Colorado during the same time frame ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658.msg5551760#msg5551760

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/colorado/pueblo/the-greener-side

heslo

Activity: 1140
Merit: 925

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

Errrmm.... what the fuck is going on here? So does Matt Carson no longer have anything to do with MinerSource?
DocNougat (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 07:47:33 PM by DocNougat

OP here,
This minersource shit was causing me too much stress so i decided to take a step back for a bit and watch how things played out. Well.....things have played out poorly. Still no miner, still no refund, minersource ignored the complaints I made through the BBB and bobsag has taken to deleting any posts I make in his threads. Aside from flying to Colorado and pissing on their front door I don't know what else I can do to get their attention.

edit: Also, I filed a complaint with the FTC.
heslo

Activity: 1140
Merit: 925

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:30:32 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 04:26:56 AM by heslo

Hopefully with the FTC raid on BFL, they go after these dickheads next
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:58:28 AM

I ordered 9 garden miners from this company.
I usually order mine directly from the Manufacturer, Order on Sunday, in hand by Friday.

I figured for a few extra dollars I could get equipment in hand a little quicker if I ordered from a company in the US.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 - Order was placed
Wed Aug 27, 2014 - Order was delivered
They offered me a fucking coupon on my next order.
(Like I would ever buy from a company like this ever again)

On Wed Aug 20, 2014 - Requested the order be canceled and refunded
7:30 AM - "If this order has shipped, please provide proof of tracking. If it has not shipped, please cancel the order, I'll purchase elsewhere.
I'm checking the tracking numbers that were sent, they are showing no more than a label was created."

DocNougat (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:32:36 PM

Quick update: As of today, it appears that Bobsag has deleted my user account on Minersource.net. I am no longer able to log in to see my undelivered order. The live chat person ignores me and disconnects. I'm almost ready to buy a plane ticket to Denver....
DocNougat (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

I'm recommending that everyone that's as pissed as I am follow these steps:
Step 1: go to https://www.facebook.com/minersource
Step 2: click the three dots next to share and select report page
Step 3: Check the scam box for your reason for reporting
Step 4: end profit of scam
DocNougat (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:27:27 PM

Quick update: As of today, it appears that Bobsag has deleted my user account on Minersource.net. I am no longer able to log in to see my undelivered order. The live chat person ignores me and disconnects. I'm almost ready to buy a plane ticket to Denver....

MS sent me an email saying that my account was suspended for suspicious activity (repeatedly requesting a refund?). My account is reactivated now and I can once again see my unfulfilled orders. They still ignore me in support chat though.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

Anybody have Matt's warehouse address? I have a relative in Denver that could easily stop by there to see what's up. Post here, or PM me.
DocNougat (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:19:33 AM

The only address I've ever found is
3700 Quebec St Unit 100
PMB:229
Denver, Colorado 80207
DocNougat (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:14:36 PM

I just received in the mail the Prospero X-1 that I requested a refund on several times over the last several months. It showed up and I said to myself, "Son of a bitch, it's here. I may as well cut my loses and use it." So I took it inside and plugged it in. After plugging it in and setting it to the right pool/worker I noticed it was running very hot. I examined the outside of the box and noticed that the fan was not spinning. I figured, maybe it was being obstructed by something, so I disconnected it and used a paper clip to manually give the fan a little push. It spun around fine, so I figured it must be a fluke and that I should try it again. So I plugged it back in and was immediately greeted by a loud pop and a shower of sparks. I'm repackaging the device now and taking it back to UPS to refuse delivery and have it shipped back to minersource. You now owe me a full refund plus the cost of shipping it back to you. Just be thankful I'm not trying to sue you for personal endangerment.
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:11:53 PM

Well I believe they are banking on the fact that people's orders are small enough that it won't be worth their time suing. Please contact me if you're considering the option of suing Minersource, thank you.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:40:48 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 06:39:08 PM by SimonBeCoinin

People should be aware of a couple of things

1.  You can file suit in your own state in most cases.  

2.  Even if you've taken delivery of these, if you can document that you have asked for a refund before it shipped to you, you are still eligible to file a claim.

I've got no beef with Minersource, but I hate the fact that these people in general are ignoring the law and jamming this junk on customers.  

I would not be at all surprised if the FTC gives these people a call.  They are in the US and therefore a much easier target than BA and they have been, according to reports I've seen here, shipping to people against their wishes.  

There's no way the FTC does not realize that BFL was not the only bad actor in this space.  Just look at the list of lawyers and justice department people on that BFL filing.  They were using serious assets to build a case against BFL that will be just as applicable to these other companies.  Those people are not stupid and I doubt very much that BFL is the end of this purging of these sorts of businesses that have been flying below the radar to this point.  Why not leverage those spent resources to get the rest of them while they're at it.

Wild West is over mining companies.  

Lock up your daughter, lock up your wife, lock up your back door and run for your life.....
Gezellig4Geld

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:26:08 AM

Well I believe they are banking on the fact that people's orders are small enough that it won't be worth their time suing. Please contact me if you're considering the option of suing Minersource, thank you.

I would not mind getting involved in any legal capacity.  I like others have emailed numerous times, posted on the Facebook pages asking for updates and have been ignored and I now even filed a complaint withe the BBB to no avail.  I have asked for a full refund numerous times only to be denied as they mentioned this was a pre-order. 
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 03:36:55 AM

i wanted to do their review - they didnt reply. thats always red flag to me

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: