Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:42:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OPEN] Batch Two Antminer S3 Hosted 0.405 BTC for 220 GHs-unmoderated  (Read 2690 times)
rodeoclownicp (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:15:29 AM

Hey this is an unmoderated thread for a group buy....think of this thread as a sale thread but i must warn you the reason this is unmoderated is because it is obvious that the group buy is very fake... it is going by the same name as this thread but it is self moderated... all of the correspondence in the original thread is from one person with several accounts .....their are no real people except for maybe 1 or 2 that got ripped off...bigwig is one of the phony names - read his comments it is so ridiculous.... big wig was made up right before the actual group buy and claims to have been involved in another, with payouts, before his account was even created. please feel free to join if u like but this sale will have this section that will not be self moderated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:45:42 AM

jamesc760... ought to banned - its so obviously a scam - its kinda funny though - 5 or 6 new accounts all pretending to conduct legitimate business.... i wonder if anybody has found some of the same discrepancies ... its kinda like wheres waldo... anybody want to play or can you find ones i have not?
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:37:28 AM

This fits the language pattern of a recurring scammer. His hosting deal is simply too good to be true. User accounts here are bought and sold so you can't trust anything or anyone. PGP keys should be required.  "Legitimate" companies run off all the time, and the scams keep getting better. Even doing due diligence you can end up losing big.

There are some big scams that have even paid the Bitcoin foundation for membership to give the impression of legitimacy. The industry has done a SHIT job of preventing fraud and scams; it's no wonder the government is ready to step in with overreaching regulations. It's a shame that this forum is so poorly moderated that scams are allowed to perpetuate out in the open.  How hard is it really to catch shill accounts?

CAVEAT EMPTOR

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:09:26 AM

I agree he sounds slick.

Please make a thread in the scam accusations forum, even if you haven't much evidence yet.

More eyes will be on him that way.

rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:40:47 AM

This fits the language pattern of a recurring scammer. His hosting deal is simply too good to be true. User accounts here are bought and sold so you can't trust anything or anyone. PGP keys should be required.  "Legitimate" companies run off all the time, and the scams keep getting better. Even doing due diligence you can end up losing big.

There are some big scams that have even paid the Bitcoin foundation for membership to give the impression of legitimacy. The industry has done a SHIT job of preventing fraud and scams; it's no wonder the government is ready to step in with overreaching regulations. It's a shame that this forum is so poorly moderated that scams are allowed to perpetuate out in the open.  How hard is it really to catch shill accounts?

CAVEAT EMPTOR

well you totally beet me - i saw through the made up accounts - i didnt even consider bought accounts
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:13:49 PM

Pray, tell me which accounts are real and which ones are fake?
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 03:29:41 PM

As deleted in the moderated thread....

Self moderated threads shouldn't be allowed in the Group Buy area. A better process needs to be put in place to protect users of the forum. 

If the Group Buy seller really had free power, then why sell hosted contracts?  Self mining would greatly outweigh the pain-in-the ass it is to run a group buy.

Note the seller keeps changing the prices in his moderated thread. 

You can see his frustration in his last post, as he knows his scam is being exposed.

I CANNOT allow defections from this group buy. There is NO refund. Do NOT even ask.

I INTEND to fight them and win. Stand with me and we shall overcome this adversity. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Bitmain WILL resume sales of S3 soon. Your funds are safe with me. Nothing has changed.

No refunds but your funds are safe with him?  Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

How can you reasonably afford to host at $10/mo for 400W?  Scale that up, that would be $1000 for 40KW (continuous), and you would actually need 48KW of capacity.  It's going to cost more than $1000/mo in cooling alone, much less delivering the power to the miners.  Plus you are looking at needing 2000Sq ft of warehouse to reasonably get enough power and cooling for that much power.

So are you just not thinking it through, or are you going to scam people?
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:47:36 PM

As deleted in the moderated thread....

Self moderated threads shouldn't be allowed in the Group Buy area. A better process needs to be put in place to protect users of the forum. 

If the Group Buy seller really had free power, then why sell hosted contracts?  Self mining would greatly outweigh the pain-in-the ass it is to run a group buy.

Note the seller keeps changing the prices in his moderated thread. 

You can see his frustration in his last post, as he knows his scam is being exposed.

I CANNOT allow defections from this group buy. There is NO refund. Do NOT even ask.

I INTEND to fight them and win. Stand with me and we shall overcome this adversity. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Bitmain WILL resume sales of S3 soon. Your funds are safe with me. Nothing has changed.

No refunds but your funds are safe with him?  Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

How can you reasonably afford to host at $10/mo for 400W?  Scale that up, that would be $1000 for 40KW (continuous), and you would actually need 48KW of capacity.  It's going to cost more than $1000/mo in cooling alone, much less delivering the power to the miners.  Plus you are looking at needing 2000Sq ft of warehouse to reasonably get enough power and cooling for that much power.

So are you just not thinking it through, or are you going to scam people?

Twisting my words to suit your purpose, now who is the "slick" one?
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:49:52 PM

You still have not answered my question: Who, on my buyers' list, are real and who is fake? According to you. Stop being vague. Name them.
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:34:18 PM

I agree he sounds slick.

Please make a thread in the scam accusations forum, even if you haven't much evidence yet.

More eyes will be on him that way.

Oh really?

You don't have "much evidence" yet??? You have 0 evidence, you have nothing.

I never thought I'd be famous.
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

"If the Group Buy seller really had free power, then why sell hosted contracts?  Self mining would greatly outweigh the pain-in-the ass it is to run a group buy."

Order 240 S3's all on my own? 0.725 btc x 240 Units =  174 btc. Why doesn't everyone do it, start their own pool, it's only 174 btc!!!

Thanks to you bullies, I never thought a group buy would have so much pain and heartache.
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:42:32 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 05:20:12 PM by jamesc760

"Note the seller keeps changing the prices in his moderated thread."

You mean seller cannot change prices at all? What kind of world is this??? I gave my reasons for increasing the price, from 0.375 to 0.395 and then finally 0.405. Wow, he really must be scamming, look at the price increase!!!
jamesc760

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:45:08 PM

"You can see his frustration in his last post, as he knows his scam is being exposed."

Of course I am frustrated. How would you feel if you are accused of committing a crime you didn't commit?

These bullies are very unreasonable. They have already come to a conclusion that I am out to scam people. How can I fight them?
rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

You still have not answered my question: Who, on my buyers' list, are real and who is fake? According to you. Stop being vague. Name them.

all of the june 2014 newbies are fake
rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:14:40 PM

"Note the seller keeps changing the prices in his moderated thread."

You mean seller cannot change prices at all? What kind of world is this??? I gave my reasons for increasing the price, from 0.375 to 0.395 and then finally 0.405. Wow, he really must be scamming, look at the price increase!!!

there are no real people on your thread it is all made up
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:20:11 PM

You sir, are an idiot.  What, you're all butt-hurt because you didn't have the IQ to understand the original GB premise, and after asking the same questions repeatedly and now not being able to participate you want to get back at James?  The fact that you question everyone in that thread's (presumably including my) existence is pathetic.  If you really think so, PM a moderator and have them check IP's, or actually do something to prove it beyond just calling people "plants".  You are only emberassing yourself, and now bringing other reputable forum members down the same rabbit hole.  Since your last post here, the order for the S3's has been made and paid (on schedule I might add), and there was never really any grounds for suspicion of a scam apart from your manipulating of quotes.  If James could have ordered earlier, he would have. How exactly would you run a group buy, other than by collecting funds, buying hardware once it comes available, and changing your price if need be based on the manufacturer's fluctuations?  You criticize his change in price, yet Bitmain has come from over .75 BTC down to now .64, and the hashrate from 481 GH/s to 441.  How was any of that in his control?  You are a fucking troll, you have no life, and no business trying to conduct any kind of commerce that requires higher functioning than fastening velcro shoes. FUCK OFF.

As for the other members supporting rodeoclown's claims.  I advise you to read some of his posts to gain a glimpse of his capacity:

Now that he realizes he doesn't have a chance at participating in a quality group buy, he is trying to figure out how to host an S3 himself:

do we need preorders
what do i need to run one of these
do i need a psu? what do i use to control it?
how come when i go to the website it wont let me buy an s3? or order an s3

This thread, where he is looking to buy a free annonymous email account?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699487.msg7904499#msg7904499

and other threads where he is simply relentless and petulant to the host/OP.  Think about who is making the accusation before taking it seriously.  James has been a bit inconsistent, in that his price and how he was to run his GB has been all over the place, but he is also quite new to it and has only made changes to help out the participants and keep everyone happy.  I don't envy his position, in that he has to try to keep courteous with difficult people like rodeoclown.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:47:02 PM

You sir, are an idiot.  What, you're all butt-hurt because you didn't have the IQ to understand the original GB premise, and after asking the same questions repeatedly and now not being able to participate you want to get back at James?  The fact that you question everyone in that thread's (presumably including my) existence is pathetic.  If you really think so, PM a moderator and have them check IP's, or actually do something to prove it beyond just calling people "plants".  You are only emberassing yourself, and now bringing other reputable forum members down the same rabbit hole.  Since your last post here, the order for the S3's has been made and paid (on schedule I might add), and there was never really any grounds for suspicion of a scam apart from your manipulating of quotes.  If James could have ordered earlier, he would have. How exactly would you run a group buy, other than by collecting funds, buying hardware once it comes available, and changing your price if need be based on the manufacturer's fluctuations?  You criticize his change in price, yet Bitmain has come from over .75 BTC down to now .64, and the hashrate from 481 GH/s to 441.  How was any of that in his control?  You are a fucking troll, you have no life, and no business trying to conduct any kind of commerce that requires higher functioning than fastening velcro shoes. FUCK OFF.

As for the other members supporting rodeoclown's claims.  I advise you to read some of his posts to gain a glimpse of his capacity:

Now that he realizes he doesn't have a chance at participating in a quality group buy, he is trying to figure out how to host an S3 himself:

do we need preorders
what do i need to run one of these
do i need a psu? what do i use to control it?
how come when i go to the website it wont let me buy an s3? or order an s3

This thread, where he is looking to buy a free annonymous email account?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699487.msg7904499#msg7904499

and other threads where he is simply relentless and petulant to the host/OP.  Think about who is making the accusation before taking it seriously.  James has been a bit inconsistent, in that his price and how he was to run his GB has been all over the place, but he is also quite new to it and has only made changes to help out the participants and keep everyone happy.  I don't envy his position, in that he has to try to keep courteous with difficult people like rodeoclown.

lol thanx james
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:56:35 AM

I fell for the trap

I feel so sorry for you.  Have you figured out how to order items online yet? Honestly, I think it would be best if you just stuck to just buying hashrate from pools, anything else seems to be above your ability.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
rodeoclownicp (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:49:28 AM

lol thanx newbie accounts or should i say james
Bitkol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

I've been going thru the SCAm postings on here for a little while, how the fk do you guys send out money to someone you do not know without using escrow. It seems like people are getting burnt over and over and over by the same scams... DO SOME RESEARCH ON HERE AND GOOGLE BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING AND FFS PAY 2% AND USE ANOTHER PARTY (ESCROW) 

http://media.giphy.com/media/nZUV2hypEiQGQ/giphy.gif
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: