Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out bittrex exchange  (Read 6372 times)
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:45:21 AM

quit supporting new coins on bittrex until they review the code.

Fairly sure that is going to happen.  Watch the volume on bittrex over the next few days.  It was 1854 btc for 24 hours at the time of the scam. I made a note of it.  Lets see what it is tomorrow.
[/quote]

Well it is 24 hours ish since the scam.  24 hour volume = 1016 btc.  That is a noticeable drop.  Lets see what it is in 24 more hours. 
Dimitry (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:28:32 AM

quit supporting new coins on bittrex until they review the code.

Fairly sure that is going to happen.  Watch the volume on bittrex over the next few days.  It was 1854 btc for 24 hours at the time of the scam. I made a note of it.  Lets see what it is tomorrow.

Well it is 24 hours ish since the scam.  24 hour volume = 1016 btc.  That is a noticeable drop.  Lets see what it is in 24 more hours. 
[/quote]

Volume is dropping hard would be nice if they could have same volume Mintpal is having now.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:09:25 AM

You can't infer anything from 1 day. You would need to check across a period of time, taking account of typically slow and busy days. Then you would need to look at few more exchanges with a similar market, and compare Bittrex with them

That's the scientific way! :-)

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Dimitry (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:47:24 AM

You can't infer anything from 1 day. You would need to check across a period of time, taking account of typically slow and busy days. Then you would need to look at few more exchanges with a similar market, and compare Bittrex with them

That's the scientific way! :-)

yes I know its weekend summer time etc.

but taking part of fraud and keep the coin listed is very bad for business, and I hope they lose traffic because of this!
airon2014

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:20:36 AM

Bittrex is by far the best exchange! Wink
Dimitry (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 11:47:40 AM by Dimitry

Bittrex is by far the best exchange! Wink

compared to?

Could anybody respond if Bittrex is doing illegal things at this moment?

Adding a hidden primine coin, and not willing to take it down? in my eyes they are participating in this fraud!

maybe filling a lawsuit anywhere about this subjuct?
jonybroker

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:26:26 PM

Best way to combat exchanges adding shit coins is to stop buying shit coins and demand for coins that are actually worth a fuck or bring something to BTC/crypto as a whole.

This includes all cryptos using the "anon" pump n dump sales tactic.
I agree 100%

Bittrex is one of the exchange who list coin very easily.
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:28:09 PM

dedicated pool ipominer etc add elitecoin 2...they are scammer 2..dedicated check the code and didnt found!there was a big hashrate in the network...nobody check this!!!!!
so not bittrex only...ccex had added elitecoin first btw

so stfu with u 88$ peanuts and move on

fuck off china scammer man.

you move on. go back to your gambling den.

bittrex is supposed to be legit usa business. they should act like one.

wie alt bist du eigentlich du scheisshaufen??
ich bin mit sicherheit kein china scammer du wurst! wie du durch google translate herausfinden wirst bin ich deutscher staatsbürger und wir haben es nicht nötig zu scammen!
ich habe an genügend coins mega profite gemacht..deine 88$ ist nur ein krümel von einem keks...genauso wie du ein krümel in der community bist! so viel spass beim übersetzen du kackhaufen und ich hoffe dir wird das gleiche immer wieder passieren bis so typen wie du endlich aus dieser scene verschwinden!

I don't need Google to translate your dog droppings, but aren't you still supposed to actually capitalize nouns in German, even after Rechtschreibreform?? Oh and no matter what language you write that shit above in, it's still shit..

He is correct. ScamTrix has changed from an exchange to a facilitator of fraud, that is clear. How many clear out and out scams through their in the last week, 5? How many BTC stolen?

Conspiracy to commit fraud is a crime in the United States and most of the civilized world, which I would think would include Germany as well. What BitTrex is going to end up doing in exactly what you tools don't want, which is bring the full weight of IRS/FINRA and the FBI down on crypto. And as much as I hate that, it seems to be the only way to level the playing field and eliminate the inside trades and outright frauds, so bring it on G-Men. Scream all you want about "no regulation" "the net is free (as if)" blah blah blah. The G-Man will come into any void and regulate. He will also get his cut. And when it happens you can thank fuck sticks like Richie and his scammer buddies for it all.

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
MinerMario

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:40:03 PM

The stock exchange doesnt guarantee the companies they list, they just list and YOU, the buyer, has to do your own research. It is nobody's fault but your own if you buy a scamcoin. No one forced you. In fact, no one from bittrex endorses coins, they just list them.

Yes, but by law these companies must register with the SEC, and file truthful (by penalty of prison) quarterly statements with audited (by penalty of prison) reports. No SEC, no listing. What shit coins are now are more like penny stocks that run off NYSE/NASDAQ, but even those exchanges are regulated somewhat for fraud and fraud is still punishable by prison time.

What BitTrex is, is still yet in a grey area, but they are essentially a penny stock exchange and conspiring in insider trading and blatant fraud schemes. They are walking a very very thin line and IMHO a good federal prosecutor could have them raided and make a case that sticks after the computer forensics are done.

And with every scam they launch, (5 or so in the last week?) more complaints are filed and I really do believe they will be getting some unwanted attention soon. I personally won't put any crypto in there and certainly not a BTC. Don't want to get goxed. 

MinerMario

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:48:23 PM

Yes we get it your all smart and investors are all stupid.  Stupid people who buy your fucking coins miners.  Exchanges either will protect the stupid investors or we will lose because no one will be there to buy our coins.

And still people don't get it.  We need Exchanges to protect the stupid investors or we are all going to lose money.  You can sheer a sheep many times but skin them only once and these investors are getting skinned.

Theres no exchange in the world that protects your money. Not on wall street, etc.

If people cant handle the risks associated with investing then they should just gtfo.

Wall street is regulated, and the people who steal go to jail.  

There are always risks, but one of them should not be whether the investment is legitimate or not.

Right, and Bernard Madoff sat on the Board of Directors of the Securities Industry that regulated the industry.

How'd that work out?  Cheesy

Last I read the old Jew Madoff will die in prison? Oh and has been beaten several times!  Grin  Grin

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:44:46 PM

If I was a major shill (MsCollec) of the Visacoin scam and created a coin (SYNC) with a hidden premine and revised the block explorer to cover it up, would you list it ?

Poloniex sure as hell will ! And its your fault if you get burned.

The fact of the matter is, NONE of these shitcoin bank wannabe exchanges should be trusted.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:27:24 PM

The fact of the matter is, NONE of these shitcoin bank wannabe exchanges should be trusted.

Agreed, but one would think after Gox and other exchanges with poor business practices, people wouldn't be less trusting of exchanges.  It's been time for users to step up to the plate and not expect the exchanges to take full responsibility for managing the fuds including which coins they invest in.
Koal-84
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1084

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:50:36 PM

Hello,

is there an official Bittrex Exchange Thread?

Is that synonymous with you so that the sale orders are deleted after a certain time? That's so annoying ...

A support ticket will not be answered to disable this again ...

reagards

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
baronandr

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:35:14 PM

There are too many coins on daily bases, hard to follow alt section these days.
Koal-84
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1084

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:03:09 PM

There are too many coins on daily bases, hard to follow alt section these days.

But that's no reason to install a automagically "sell order" deletion after a conscience time...

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
tachi641

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:20:06 AM

It is a dead issue now.  Investors are going to back away from the table.  We the miners are going to profit less.  People don't play the game if they are scared.  Investors must be scared at this point.  If I was an investor I would be scared.  We can't ask investors and traders to buy our coins if exchanges don't vet those coins.  They wont buy them guys.  You calling them stupid won't exactly change that fact either.
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

A obvious puff if you ask me. Never trust what other people can promise you. Trust your own judgement and make your own calls.
Wuddly

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:00:11 PM

Reading threads like this can really save someone from losing money. It is better to do research first before dealing with anyone or any coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: