Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anita Sarkeesian - Feminist Frequency - Donating in Bitcoin  (Read 39018 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:34:07 PM

That quote represents everything you said that has any value.
You are not helping anybody with that hostile attitude.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:44:23 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 03:39:50 PM by tjohej

Anita Sarkeesian received The 2014 Game Developers Choice Ambassador Award from Neil Druckmann the writer and director(1of2) of The Last of Us. Here's what he said about The Last of Us:

Quote from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNoH6yGJoyA (clickable link) 3:03 to 3:32
I know for me, Anita’s work was highly influential in my approach to writing for The Last of Us – greatly improving its story.

With the amount of harassment she still receives on a daily basis, including some today, I’ve often wondered, why keep doing this? Having discussed games with her on several occasions now, the answer became abundantly clear.

She loves videogames. She’s so passionate about them that she feels they’re worth fighting for.

It is my honor to present the Game Developers’ Ambassador Award to Anita Sarkeesian.

The gaming industry is already changing. Is the Bitcoin community too, or being rude is more important than letting more people know about Bitcoin?

This tweet sums pretty much up all the hate this thread has received: https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/501836320097189888

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:05:09 PM

The gaming industry is already changing. Is the Bitcoin community too, or being rude is more important than letting more people know about Bitcoin?

This tweet sums pretty much up all the hate this thread has received: https://twitter.com/russpitts/status/501836320097189888

This thread here received some arguments but not hatred. If you can't grasp the difference then I feel sorry for you. BTW the bitcoin community don't need to change. It's open and diversified enough. Members/newcomers need to adapt, adopt and improve if they looking for wider acceptance.

Just an idea: What do you think about not behaving like a sixteen years old basement dweller when someone doesn't agree with you? You know arguments and counter-arguments are not insults and differing opinions are not hatred.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:22:38 PM

Just an idea: What do you think about not behaving like a sixteen years old basement dweller
I think that attitude towards me suits you well. You don't have to counter my arguments. You can think of me as somebody 'lesser' and thus you don't have to counter my arguments.

Anyway this hate-wave that she is receiving on a global scale is pretty severe. You personally got a comment on it? http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/27/6075179/anita-sarkeesian-says-she-was-driven-out-of-house-by-threats

In short, she is making waves around the internet and "gamers" wanna show their hate.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:52:40 PM

Very recently she published another video since ~Aug 25. (2014) "Women as Background Decoration (Part 2)"

In all the critisism this thread has received regarding Anita Sarkeesian, I've seen not one single part of a transcript part quoted. "Quoting sources" anybody?  Huh

This link will take you directly to the Transcript of the "Women as Background Decoration (Part 2)" video: http://www.feministfrequency.com/2014/08/women-as-background-decoration-part-2/#more-20630

You are also able to find many transcripts on her tropes vs women in video games series.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:40:27 PM

Or just follow the example of Tim Schafer(Wikipedia: "Schafer is best known as the designer of critically acclaimed games Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, and Broken Age and co-designer of the early classics The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and Day of the Tentacle.") on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/504095132220526592

Quote from: Tim Schafer/TimOfLegend
I think everyone who makes games should watch this video from start to finish. http://youtu.be/5i_RPr9DwMA

By the way, I think I've seen this person on Humble Bundle, presenting videos. Yes, that's it. I actually didn't know he helped in making full throttle a reality! Wow.

Not to mention Steve Jarros: https://twitter.com/SteveJaros/status/504227522423185409

dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:05:05 AM

I would like to be able to donate in Bitcoin to Anita Sarkeesian...

Anita is sexist against men to an absolute extreme, and one of the biggest hypocrite you can find on the internet. She says that if a man is saving a woman in a video game, then it must mean that the woman is portrayed as totally helpless. She also says that if a woman is the hero and sacrificing her safety to save others, then the game is promoting violence towards women. Nothing that Anita says ever holds true across any of her claims. No matter what happens in a game, it is always portraying women badly from her warped perspective. It is the classic "have your cake and eat it too" example of a hypocrite. Sorry, you just can't have it both ways, ever.

You seem to have fallen for the neo-liberal fallacy, in that, because there exist 50% women in the population, that all jobs, hobbies, and sports should consist of 50% women. By your logic, 50% of Alaskan crab fishing should be female, 50% of bodybuilders should be female, and 50% of preschool teachers should be male. What you fail to understand is that men and women are measurably different. Men are physically stronger, taller, and cannot give birth. There are a multitude of factors that go into the gender imbalance throughout all jobs, hobbies, and sports. If you cannot acknowledge basic reality, then please don't go around spreading your illogical nonsense.

There is no worldwide conspiracy or some unspoken code that men who use bitcoin live by in order to keep women out. Women are the reason that there are not more women bitcoiners. When they see that it can benefit them, more women will join the cause. That is where you come in. Instead of running around and pointing your hateful fingers at every man in the world, how about you actually do something positive and help get more women involved? Or do you just want to spread hatred like Anita?
50% of Pregnancies should be Men.

50% of Sperm donors should be Women.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:09:27 AM

I'm not hearing any Bitcoiner comment(or complain  Grin ) on Tim Schafer who said that Anita's work is pretty damn good. Maybe you now will all start to dismiss Tim Schafer[1] because he said that Anita Sarkeesian is a pretty sound person? We have lots of high profile people answering to Anita Sarkeesian, one among them Steve Jaros of Saints Row. 'Saints Row 4 developer says Anita Sarkeesian "is right" in latest Tropes vs. Women in Videogames', article written by pcgamer.com.

[1] (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, and Broken Age and co-designer of the early classics The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and Day of the Tentacle)

TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

mra's are hilarious

m i s a n d r y

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:34:23 PM

mra's are hilarious

m i s a n d r y
Would you like to donate to Anita Sarkeesian?

sirhotalot

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

Anita is a liar, a hypocrite, and she doesn't even like video games by her own admission. Her entire project is carefully calculated to milk money for cultural Marxists like yourself. She is a professional 'victim.' If you want to donate to her in bitcoins, ask her about it, but know that you are contributing to a con-artist and a terrible human being.

Also, Tim Schafer is an idiot and he's not the one conning people out of money. He's also not very talented, it was those around him back in the LucasArts day that had the talent. His own games are very hit and miss. By listing the people who support her all you are doing is exposing the people in the industry that have terrible political bias (and lack of critical thinking ability) and should not be supported. The game industry has been infiltrated by their kinds and they need to be purged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_MVPq1SJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRSaLZidWI

She's set herself up as a 'damsel in distress', the very trope she criticizes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tXyqPCOCM
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:36:12 PM

#GamerGate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0wODEcW2I

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GamerGate?src=hash

Wink

I replied to your private message.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:54:32 PM

Anita Sarkeesians 'death threats' and Joss Whedons 'misogyny'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tXyqPCOCM

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:27:23 PM

Quinnspiracy Theory: White Castles and Ivory Towers

http://youtu.be/Km3DZQp0StE

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:58:58 PM

...Pure corruption...

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:09:59 AM

No one is going to donate to this crap "feminist" who's doing these videos just to make money and publicity(5 mins of fame).
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:29:37 PM

No one is going to donate to this crap "feminist" who's doing these videos just to make money and publicity(5 mins of fame).

I have the feeling a lot of women in the game industry are disgusted to know they are represented by those addicted selfish attention creatures... But what do I know, being a male and all...

Iynx

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:49:34 PM

I had no idea who this woman was, but after a little reading and looking at her website I can tell you she isn't doing any favours for female gamers at all.  In fact, I really think she is going to have the opposite effect.  Do I think there is gender bias in video games?  Of course I do, but that really comes down to the lack of female developers out there.  Does the money going towards these videos do anything to fix that?  I really doubt it, it's designed to upset female viewers (making them feel victimized) and offers nothing constructive to them.  If you want to attract women into video games, why not show them clips of games that would appeal to them, instead of horrific acts of violence towards women?  She could instead put that money towards helping women get involved.  That's more constructive I think.

I notice the games she picks are very specific genres that are supposed to be violent and cater to a certain audience.  They are not representitive of video games as a whole. Her one example of a non-violent game (well relatively... I guess stomping on heads is sort of violent ;P), Mario was very weak... and offensive towards Princess Peach.  Yes, she plays the damsel-in-distress, but that doesn't make her "useless" and if she had played the Mario series, she would know that you can play as her in quite a few of the titles.  You are encouraged to play as her on certain levels as she has her special floating ability.

What does Anita expect her end goal to be? Censorship of these games? As an artist I feel this would be the most deplorable option.  This is not going to help women gamers at all, it will only garner resentment.  There are seriously a lot more options out there that she fails to bring up. 

I can think of a lot of examples of popular games where there are strong female leads/characters, the Metroid series, Final Fantasy series(also has a lot of effeminite male characters), Tales of Xillia/Symphonia, Tomb Raider, Chrono Cross & Trigger, ...Balloon kid... XD.  Right now I've been playing Civ V with my husband and they have lots of female leaders you can choose from which is pretty cool.

So I guess my main point is, I would not donate any Bitcoin to this cause and you probably shouldn't either.  Anita fully admits that she doesn't like video games, so it's kinda difficult to take her seriously on this topic.  Spend that money on a video game that deserves it, not some crummy made videos. Wink
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:17:20 PM

Anita Sarkeesian suffers from a victim complex, and blames the hostility towards her as sexism, when in fact it's because what she says is mostly badly researched bullshit. She's an attention seeker, and uses the "bullying" against her to promote her projects. The abuse she receives from spouting this bullshit just makes her feel vindicated that everything she says is correct. Because you attack me, you're proving my point.

Feminists should distance themselves from her, because she truly gives feminism, as well as female gamers, a bad name.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:01:24 AM

Anita fully admits that she doesn't like video games<snip>
Anita Sarkeesian said that 3 years ago. It looks like you assume that what somebody(anybody!) said 3 years ago holds true for all eternity in the future. If I talked about 3 years ago how much I hate eating biscuit chocolate and how horrible the taste is, but the last 6 months I talk about that the taste isn't that bad after all, that I gotten used to it and that it is actually one of my favourites as of late, would you just continue ranting on that tjohej hated biscuit chocolate 3 years ago? Or say I hated Bitcoin 3 years ago, but the last 6 months I love it.(ie. a cryptography enthusiast explained to me in detail how it works over 4 hours of Q&A and everything I had doubts for got answered at that time so I became passionate about it ever since)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: