Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICG][X11] IncognitoCoin | Pos 5% | Bittrex | ATM |  (Read 137520 times)
Hanover

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:47:26 PM

What is everyone talking about? More volume, more exposure, more...?
The coin is at such a low that the marketcap of it is shrinking. I find it very strange that happened at same time as Neutraltc was getting out, needed funds for new coin?
This used to be an interesting coin and has since regressed to a point of not being relevant. Don't say it is in ATMs as unless you can show me how many people use ICG in an ATMs, it means nothing

New coin? This wasn't my coin to begin with, if you like we can go all the way back to the other thread and show you how a group of random people and I took over this project. My goal was to learn how altcoin's work behind the scene's and try to run this coin 100% as a community effort coin... if you remember, this was a community takeover.

I have now my own project, so I handed the project to others that are still interested.

I can attest to this and I congratulate neutra on all the hard work as well as the rest of the team. It's been a long time fighting.

Thanks somekind, it sure was an uphill battle! Now let's see where Desil and his team can take it. Good luck guys

I've been watching this coin for a while and have the same enthusiasm. Not many other alt-coins have ATMs.
kkhashu

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:51:25 PM

The coin is at such a low that the marketcap of it is shrinking. I find it very strange that happened at same time as Neutraltc was getting out, needed funds for new coin?
This used to be an interesting coin and has since regressed to a point of not being relevant. Don't say it is in ATMs as unless you can show me how many people use ICG in an ATMs, it means nothing

New coin? This wasn't my coin to begin with, if you like we can go all the way back to the other thread and show you how a group of random people and I took over this project. My goal was to learn how altcoin's work behind the scene's and try to run this coin 100% as a community effort coin... if you remember, this was a community takeover.

I have now my own project, so I handed the project to others that are still interested.

I can attest to this and I congratulate neutra on all the hard work as well as the rest of the team. It's been a long time fighting.

Thanks somekind, it sure was an uphill battle! Now let's see where Desil and his team can take it. Good luck guys

I've been watching this coin for a while and have the same enthusiasm. Not many other alt-coins have ATMs.

Same here, I am also watching this coin for future investment.
Micky Ron

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:12:36 PM

There's been a steady increase in transaction volume. it looks like others are recognizing the innovation in Incognito coin while a dedicated team is working behind it.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:41:48 PM

There's been a steady increase in transaction volume. it looks like others are recognizing the innovation in Incognito coin while a dedicated team is working behind it.

I see an uptrend on the horizon.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Ozymandias The Third

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

I see an uptrend on the horizon.

Indeed, ICG has been oversold for quite a while. The new innovations and developments arising from incognito coin is certainly note worthy.
Markov

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Breizh Atao

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:18:50 PM

I never said ICG was your coin and I was actually buying it before you appeared on it. I just find it strange that when you start your new coin this one goes down. If it is a coincidence then so be it. Do you understand this time?

Markov

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Breizh Atao

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:24:05 PM

Same here, I am also watching this coin for future investment.

It just feels like you are all creating talk here to keep alive a thread. What innovations? There are none of them note worthy. It could be a very nice coin but it is not flying high for now.
As for the stewardship under Neutraltc it was not all rosy so please take off your sunglasses (paying a dev before anything done!!!).
I don't usually talk but I'm quite annoyed to see so much back patting for nothing above average.

Micky Ron

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:24:32 PM

It just feels like you are all creating talk here to keep alive a thread. What innovations? There are none of them note worthy. It could be a very nice coin but it is not flying high for now.
As for the stewardship under Neutraltc it was not all rosy so please take off your sunglasses (paying a dev before anything done!!!).
I don't usually talk but I'm quite annoyed to see so much back patting for nothing above average.

whether the innovations are note worthy are debatable however I'll list them. Also, Chedigital and Golden have both developed Incognito coin outside the main wallet by working on the front-end and back-end of a web wallet, brain app, website, merchant API, and forums well before a developer was ever payed. The brain wallet app for Incognito coin is somewhat innovative as few if any coins besides Bitcoin has automated generation for brain wallets.  I would like to point out that Hectortilla had never requested payment for the ATM API developed for Incognito coin which utilized point-of-sale (according to thread history). In hindsight there could certainly be room for improvement but I would argue that PR was handled quite well as Desil volunteered to make promotional videos of ICG while the Incognito coin twitter account garnered over six hundred followers. Beyond the earlier mentioned features, There's already a web wallet, mobile wallet, and a full API for web merchants to accept ICG.

I think that you may be missing the big picture in that the ICG ATM API was independently developed as a closed payment solution by directly exchanging coins through Bittrex and several Hot-wallets without the dependencies of other APIs owned by a company. Meaning that there's no propriety restrictions in it's usage allowing it to be ported to ATMs, cash registers (hypothetically), Web merchants, and other instances where point-of-sale is required. Essentially, it's unique in that a third-party hot wallet is not required for its usage meaning that the whole transaction process is more decentralized with less single points of failure. There's only a handful of alt-coins which use ATMs (Gulden, Bitstar, Doge, ETC) however all of them require a hot-wallet operated by the ATM service provider. I realize that my post is long-winded but I wanted to emphasize the differences in Incognito coin and how it's innovative in at least one way.

Hanover

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

whether the innovations are note worthy are debatable however I'll list them. Also, Chedigital and Golden have both developed Incognito coin outside the main wallet by working on the front-end and back-end of a web wallet, brain app, website, merchant API, and forums well before a developer was ever payed. The brain wallet app for Incognito coin is somewhat innovative as few if any coins besides Bitcoin has automated generation for brain wallets.  I would like to point out that Hectortilla had never requested payment for the ATM API developed for Incognito coin which utilized point-of-sale (according to thread history). In hindsight there could certainly be room for improvement but I would argue that PR was handled quite well as Desil volunteered to make promotional videos of ICG while the Incognito coin twitter account garnered over six hundred followers. Beyond the earlier mentioned features, There's already a web wallet, mobile wallet, and a full API for web merchants to accept ICG.

I think that you may be missing the big picture in that the ICG ATM API was independently developed as a closed payment solution by directly exchanging coins through Bittrex and several Hot-wallets without the dependencies of other APIs owned by a company. Meaning that there's no propriety restrictions in it's usage allowing it to be ported to ATMs, cash registers (hypothetically), Web merchants, and other instances where point-of-sale is required. Essentially, it's unique in that a third-party hot wallet is not required for its usage meaning that the whole transaction process is more decentralized with less single points of failure. There's only a handful of alt-coins which use ATMs (Gulden, Bitstar, Doge, ETC) however all of them require a hot-wallet operated by the ATM service provider. I realize that my post is long-winded but I wanted to emphasize the differences in Incognito coin and how it's innovative in at least one way.

Good post, although you forgot the anonymous tx system when you listed out the features. Ultimately a coin's value is determined by its utility and actual practical usage in the real world. I've seen many coins with significant development and innovation isolated to one key function eventually be forgotten due to a lack of practical usage beyond the speculative trading in this forum. The fact that ICG already has been extensively developed upon for the purposes of accessibility and usage contribute to one of the reason why I personally invested in it. Most coins fail to articulate their actual purpose and proposed usage and typically never reach a stage to be considered widely adopted. I see this as an exception with Incognito coin as it's main slogan states: "IncognitoCoin's mission is to create a simple and intuitive anonymous coin through the concerted efforts of a decentralized community." The growing list of merchants and real-world usage in ATMs, web merchants, and physical payments using paper wallets is a testament to this.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:17:20 AM

Good post, although you forgot the anonymous tx system when you listed out the features. Ultimately a coin's value is determined by its utility and actual practical usage in the real world. I've seen many coins with significant development and innovation isolated to one key function eventually be forgotten due to a lack of practical usage beyond the speculative trading in this forum. The fact that ICG already has been extensively developed upon for the purposes of accessibility and usage contribute to one of the reason why I personally invested in it. Most coins fail to articulate their actual purpose and proposed usage and typically never reach a stage to be considered widely adopted. I see this as an exception with Incognito coin as it's main slogan states: "IncognitoCoin's mission is to create a simple and intuitive anonymous coin through the concerted efforts of a decentralized community." The growing list of merchants and real-world usage in ATMs, web merchants, and physical payments using paper wallets is a testament to this.

Those were fairly accurate statements. Overall there's quite a lot different routes in how development could be approached. I would recommend seeking new sources of capital by partnering with established companies for mutual benefit.
comerciante

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:46:01 AM

I'm going to contact goldencrypto and try to help setup a merchant section to the icg.io website. Also I will introduce the idea of having a another sub-section where it's possible to download or import the Merchant API, logo, banner, or any other accessories available for Web merchants.
Jake Humphrey

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:27:49 AM

I'm going to contact goldencrypto and try to help setup a merchant section to the icg.io website. Also I will introduce the idea of having a another sub-section where it's possible to download or import the Merchant API, logo, banner, or any other accessories available for Web merchants.

That actually gave me an idea. We could try to setup a form of start-up platform on the main website where individual users could contribute and propose suggestions since it's a community organized coin. The forum is functional but it would make sense to have a place where it's further organized and consolidated like on the main Incognito Coin website.
desil

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:11:59 AM

That actually gave me an idea. We could try to setup a form of start-up platform on the main website where individual users could contribute and propose suggestions since it's a community organized coin. The forum is functional but it would make sense to have a place where it's further organized and consolidated like on the main Incognito Coin website.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll further discuss these propositions with Goldencrypto and Chedigital whilst communicating with an outside developer. Currently, progress is being made with the development of new wallet features in addition to the development of an automated ICG brain wallet app. More information will be released later once the determined set of features are finalized and developed.

BTC: 18ZPbhPuVP9XoT5FfsG3SNRaLVrdjvpX7Z
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:35:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll further discuss these propositions with Goldencrypto and Chedigital whilst communicating with an outside developer. Currently, progress is being made with the development of new wallet features in addition to the development of an automated ICG brain wallet app. More information will be released later once the determined set of features are finalized and developed.

That's good. I can definately see a use for the brain wallet app as it's more secure and decentralized than a Web wallet.
Hanover

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:12:20 AM

That's good. I can definately see a use for the brain wallet app as it's more secure and decentralized than a Web wallet.

On top of those mentioned developments, I'm interested in later developments of a service platform built upon ICG. It would probably make sense to focus on more ATM providers and merchant expansion first though.
Ozymandias The Third

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:23:19 AM

On top of those mentioned developments, I'm interested in later developments of a service platform built upon ICG. It would probably make sense to focus on more ATM providers and merchant expansion first though.

It could even be a business platform with Voip, chat, file sharing, and ETC but it would make more sense to get accepted by other service platforms for the time being.
comerciante

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:53:12 PM

It could even be a business platform with Voip, chat, file sharing, and ETC but it would make more sense to get accepted by other service platforms for the time being.

That's a sound plan going forward. ATM integration was already a nice feat in itself. It shouldn't be too difficult to increase merchant adoption with the existing API tools.
Jake Humphrey

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:57:42 PM

That's a sound plan going forward. ATM integration was already a nice feat in itself. It shouldn't be too difficult to increase merchant adoption with the existing API tools.

Well, we could theoretically combine all of these proposals and later establish an actual app based on ICG. It could also be multiplatform and completely open source allowing for community development.
Micky Ron

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:30:25 PM

Well, we could theoretically combine all of these proposals and later establish an actual app based on ICG. It could also be multiplatform and completely open source allowing for community development.

I'm sure that's possible, especially if volunteers helped and contributed to development. The ICG team is at least growing so I wouldn't overlook the possibility yet.
Hanover

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:38:21 PM

To build on top of the ideas already presented, The future service platform could use ICG as a form of payment solution with the focus being anonymity.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: