Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE]  (Read 237600 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitsendInc (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:41:56 PM

We have contacted several exchanges and are now discussing the idea of using Escrow to help speed up our IPO. We will make sure to keep everybody up to date trough this forum, our website, blog and twitter. In addition we would like to add that we have established contact with a big software company that uses similar software as ours and are discussing the idea of working together to speed up the process and move towards phase 3 even faster.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:11:04 AM

We have contacted several exchanges and are now discussing the idea of using Escrow to help speed up our IPO. We will make sure to keep everybody up to date trough this forum, our website, blog and twitter. In addition we would like to add that we have established contact with a big software company that uses similar software as ours and are discussing the idea of working together to speed up the process and move towards phase 3 even faster.

This is awesome! Can't wait for phase 2 to begin  Grin
This is one of the best altcoin projects around backed by a real company and real people. And a lot of people are gonna kick themselves when they realize they missed out on the opportunity to get in early  Cheesy
I'm thinking I might buy a few more IPO coins at some point  Cool

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:12:22 AM

This coin is intrested,i will keep an eye with it and mine it
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:48:36 AM

Yea I think it's a good idea to use Bittrex as escrow. Bittrex is a very popular exchange these days and if they were to host the IPO you would be able to tap directly into their massive user base. Also using an exchange would make it easier for people to participate in the IPO.

Bittrex is currently where ICO/IPOs go to die. I think the last 3-4 didn't even get off the ground. And the couple before that all tanked, and in some cases the devs abandoned their projects completely (hence why they tanked).

Poloniex would be a better idea in my opinion, due to stricter rules.

Question for the devs ... did you get this idea from a fellow a ways back who was thinking of making a Landmarks coin, mentioned here -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593714.0

It was a decent idea, so am wondering if you just copied it or are working with the original dev for that project? Again, I like the idea, just not so fond of the IPO, especially without escrow. And having newbie/jr. members go around talking about how much they put into the IPO doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either. If the IPO is run on a proper exchange with some real rules, I might consider putting a little into it. But more likely I'd wait until it hits an exchange and the devs show a working system.

I'll also add that Landmarks is a way cooler name than Checkcoin (in my opinion, anyway).
signingoff

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

I don't like bter, take a look at crypti, the price is so low.
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:36:51 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 09:24:39 AM by BitsendInc

Update

We are very happy to announce that we are going to work together with a Dutch company Flitsmeister. They will be helping us when it comes to our GPS featured software.

Flitsmeister is among one of the best application software companies in the Netherlands, they specialize in many GPS and geolocation features. The Flitsmeister app has been succesfully used by thousands of Dutch citizens for years.

For the people that don't know Flitsmeister, you can find their well known mobile app over here:

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/flitsmeister-verkeersinformatie/id354936286?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.flitsmeister&hl=nl_NL

more info: www.flitsmeister.nl

Furthermore we would like to let you all know that we have listened to your request regarding the use of Escrow for our IPO. We have discussed our options with several exchanges and decided partner with the well known exchange Bittrex. All of this is done to help speed up and secure our IPO allowing us to move to phase 3 even faster. More information will follow soon and we will make sure to keep everybody updated.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:02:52 PM

Repeating my question, as there was no answer --

Question for the devs ... did you get this idea from a fellow a ways back who was thinking of making a Landmarks coin, mentioned here -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=593714.0

It was a decent idea, so am wondering if you just copied it or are working with the original dev for that project?
acc85

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:10:34 PM

I can honestly say no. If anything this was an idea conceived from a game, I do not know if released yet, that enables the user to mine coins in location as if it were a game, as well another idea of an idea, far back as I would say 2013, where he would provide coins via geographical locations. In no way was it inspired by LND, but thank you for pointing this out. Although I have to say, this coin does follow the same route as LND. but that being said, it's being managed by a registered company, and with the help of Flitmeister, this coin and it's idea will become a reality. Hopefully the IPO will go as smoothly, so that the coin can proceed with it's development.

Donation Addresses:
Bitcoin: 1K1W8eUyuFvX33KYCFYRgDVU8XXkNrh9hW
LiteCoin: LRHg4DqnMGK74wPpN3Y2mgmi1ZMXbWUGkc
BitsendInc (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

I can honestly say no. If anything this was an idea conceived from a game, I do not know if released yet, that enables the user to mine coins in location as if it were a game, as well another idea of an idea, far back as I would say 2013, where he would provide coins via geographical locations. In no way was it inspired by LND, but thank you for pointing this out. Although I have to say, this coin does follow the same route as LND. but that being said, it's being managed by a registered company, and with the help of Flitmeister, this coin and it's idea will become a reality. Hopefully the IPO will go as smoothly, so that the coin can proceed with it's development.

Thank you for that.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:57:51 PM

0.00004 per Check coin, that is ridiculous with a 100 million coins total distribution  Cheesy

Let's say if at the end of coin supply price remains the same, market capital would be $240 million dollars  Shocked
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:19:36 PM

how about escrow service from bittrex or bter?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:59:28 PM

There were actually two: that one and a more professional effort by a guy who's a proven marketing whiz. The latter guy partnered up with a company for his version.

But he called it off in part because of the pushback he had gotten from the people at the geocaching subreddit. His stated reason for he suspending his IPCO was that his designated partner company got cold feet.

So I gotta ask BitsendInc: Have you tried canvassing the geocaching community to gauge the excitement for or resistance to your idea? If you have, online, could you drop us a link to the thread(s) of the relevant forum(s) or online community(ies) where you did your canvassing?

If you haven't, are you sure you're going about this the right way?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

acc85

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:05:35 AM

Don't think they have a sub reddit post or approached the geocaching community.. but then again why should they? Sub reddit is not a requirement.. sure might garner more attention..but sometimes to much attention can hinder development. If the geocaching community want to follow this coin they can.nothing is stopping them.. whether it's a good thing or bad thing... could be either. Currently bitsendinc currently have their priorities to make this coin a success.  And going about this the right way.. is the a wrong way?  There's no general rule on how to make or publish a coin.. .if they pull out of making this coin.. it'll tarnish The company. And currently this company had plans to spread the word and provide more services in Holland.  I doubt they are going to do a half added job on this.

Donation Addresses:
Bitcoin: 1K1W8eUyuFvX33KYCFYRgDVU8XXkNrh9hW
LiteCoin: LRHg4DqnMGK74wPpN3Y2mgmi1ZMXbWUGkc
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:44:04 AM

Why do you think achieving such a marketcap is not possible? Check the success of the already "real world companies" which encourage user adoption and usage by rewarding it with discounts @their store of preference, like starbucks or friday's.
This seems to be a great idea, but let's see how it develops.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:58:38 AM

0.00004 per Check coin, that is ridiculous with a 100 million coins total distribution  Cheesy

Let's say if at the end of coin supply price remains the same, market capital would be $240 million dollars  Shocked

Not necessarily. If you take a look at the coin specs from op, you'll find that mining will be very slow.
Marketcap is based on actual number of coins in circulation and not the max number of coins available after PoW ends.
If this were a PoS coin with a PoW phase lasting for only a few days, then definitely it would unreasonable to expect a marketcap of $240 mil.
zifcom

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:57:58 AM

I send BTC & send the email to IPO@checkcoin.cc
Why I didn't receive confirmation?

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:03:01 AM

You need to wait until they reply before depositing any money, I sent the application about two days ago and I have yet to receive a reply  Roll Eyes
zifcom

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:31:16 AM

You need to wait until they reply before depositing any money, I sent the application about two days ago and I have yet to receive a reply  Roll Eyes

OH..MY GOD

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:49:13 AM

OH..MY GOD

Where did you get the address to send the BTC to?
If they provided you with the address themselves, you shouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll receive your coins when they begin distribution.
I sent them some BTC too  Wink
Finley

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:59:15 AM

OK.i have send the BTC..looks like i will wait for a while.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: