Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BIG] BigBullion (SHA256) 10 Million Coins | Bounties - Trading on Bittrex  (Read 75728 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:05:14 PM

So I understand that when there are no miners you can't use these coins to buy something or trade?
Then you have to make it attracting to people to keep mining, I assume.

it just takes much longer. but yea, miners need to stay on it to eventually bring the diff back down. But I bet someone will then just buy big hash and bump it back up again.

Code needs better diff adjustment algorithm or it will continue as it seems someone wants to make mining as difficult as possible.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
pitbullfan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

Well someone certainly wants BIG fir them to throw ~200Th/s at it. And I doubt they're going to exchange it for BTC at current prices.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:48:00 PM

Well someone certainly wants BIG fir them to throw ~200Th/s at it. And I doubt they're going to exchange it for BTC at current prices.

not necessarily. They are doing it to jack the diff up so no one else can and miners abandon the coin.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:10:14 PM

not necessarily. They are doing it to jack the diff up so no one else can and miners abandon the coin.

If only you had more wisdom. you are very wrong sir.  why would any one waste btc and hashing power, just so miners can abandon the coin?  people are buying hash power because they believe in the coin and want alot of it.  when you say "not necessarily" do you have inside information to state that? maybe people should see the potential in a coin, and see the people behind it and the hashing power that is bought for it.   if you dont like the coin and are not mining it why talk shit about it? 
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:11:12 PM

correct they will hold so price can go up. maybe you should see the potential  in it as well instead of doubting it.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

Relax guys. The speed is slow because the coin is just starting out but is not being pumped (a good thing!). The best approach here is to accumulate or mine slowly and wait for the rest to come.
BIGBullion (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:10:32 AM

We spent the early part of the week working on our Mac wallet (disaster as it turns our we will need to upgrade our source to at least .9.6 otherwise when we compile the mac wallet it works like a windows program trying to run in a mac environment....slow, crashes)  So that's where we are on that.   

Bitcoin Core 9.2 based source you mean?

I hope so, your 8.6 wallet is woefully out of date, note the OpenSSL version you are using, heartbleed.

Please, please consider get your developers to add merged mining in the update.

You would have Terrahashes & probably Petahashes securing your network then as BTC mining pools could mine your blockchain at the same time ensuring a long long life for this coin.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

Wink

Hey coinme we are in the process of upgrading to the latest core as we speak.  Almost all of the issues we've had creating the mac wallet are linked to the old core. As far as merged mining goes we may look at implementing this; however, the coin is designed to be difficult to acquire.  If gold were easy to get then everyone would have it and it would be worthless....  The rapid adjustment of the difficultly was intentional.  Yes it sucks, but it was our intent to this to help stave off the pump N dumpers.  As soon as we get close to the update I will post here!!  Thanks for the info and keep any ideas and or requests coming!
BIGBullion (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:13:10 AM

Dang... These Coinoutlet ATM's look great.... And it seems their Dev is keen on  multiple uses for his ATM....

"Looking ahead, Grill said that the ATM space is still very much in its early stages and that the units could serve as the basis for new types of financial and wealth management."

Sounds like they might be able to sell shares of a precious metal backed coin..... HHmmmm....

http://www.coindesk.com/coinoutlet-bitcoin-atm-two-way-model/
pitbullfan

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:30:27 AM

We spent the early part of the week working on our Mac wallet (disaster as it turns our we will need to upgrade our source to at least .9.6 otherwise when we compile the mac wallet it works like a windows program trying to run in a mac environment....slow, crashes)  So that's where we are on that.   

I hope so, your 8.6 wallet is woefully out of date, note the OpenSSL version you are using, heartbleed.

You would have Terrahashes & probably Petahashes securing your network then as BTC mining pools could mine your blockchain at the same time ensuring a long long life for this coin.

Wink

Hey coinme we are in the process of upgrading to the latest core as we speak.  Almost all of the issues we've had creating the mac wallet are linked to the old core. As far as merged mining goes we may look at implementing this; however, the coin is designed to be difficult to acquire.  If gold were easy to get then everyone would have it and it would be worthless....  The rapid adjustment of the difficultly was intentional.  Yes it sucks, but it was our intent to this to help stave off the pump N dumpers.  As soon as we get close to the update I will post here!!  Thanks for the info and keep any ideas and or requests coming!

Yea, the rapid increase in diff definitely sucks for miners like me with little hash (went from making 33 BIG/day to 10 lol). But cool to keep the PnD crowd away...hopefully. Ive been buying/selling BIG on bittrex accumulating more on dips though to offset my soon to be unplugged miners  Smiley

I guess the increase in diff almost answers one question though dev, what would happen if more (like way more) miners/traders decided they wanted to redeem after the waiting period than have registered or were anticipated? How would that affect the $8million in gold at the end of mining as outlined in the presentation? Valid question as there could be an asic farm just killing blocks only to swap for gold when timing is right.

Also the Reserve Balance Sheet on the website shows there was a deposit needed (should be about 14k in gold in reserve per the presentation) and an order placed on the 19th of August, any ETA or amount of that order?

Keep up the good work dev, really like this coin, and am truly in it for the long haul.

Cheers,
-Pit
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

Wink
The rapid adjustment of the difficultly was intentional.  Yes it sucks, but it was our intent to this to help stave off the pump N dumpers. 

Ahh so it's the DEV that's dropping the huge amounts of hash on the network.

Not sure how I feel about that... but I guess it keeps the gold in your pockets...

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

Wink
The rapid adjustment of the difficultly was intentional.  Yes it sucks, but it was our intent to this to help stave off the pump N dumpers. 

Ahh so it's the DEV that's dropping the huge amounts of hash on the network.

Not sure how I feel about that... but I guess it keeps the gold in your pockets...

Well it keeps out the pump and dumpers which is crucial if the coin is to distinguish itself.
Ghoest

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:45:40 PM

Is anyone having an issue with the wallet synch for some reason mine is running 6hours behind and has been all day
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:46:58 PM

Is anyone having an issue with the wallet synch for some reason mine is running 6hours behind and has been all day

Blocks are being found very slowly because the last block that was found on the network was six hours ago. When the next block is found the wallets will be current until it gets more then 45~60 minutes before a block is found then it will show 'out of sync' again. Looks like once the diff hit 43 mil all of the big rigs moved off it
BIGBullion (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:27:50 PM

Actually guys I haven't had any hashing power on the network since the end of week 2.  I wanted it to be as clean as possible.  I am now adding 5-6 Th/s so that we can get through this block. 

Some one threw rented hardware at the network and pushed the diff WAY up.  Something along the lines of 200 Th/s.  Anyhow after the next couple of blocks it should get back to normal.

On the bright side - The linux and Mac wallets should be out later today or tomorrow at the latest.  ALSO!!! - We are almost done with updating our core!!  So the new qt should be out this week!!!!  Stay tuned guys!
BIGBullion (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

In more BIG news....

BIG Bullion to be sold alongside BTC at Coinoutlet ATM's worldwide!!!!!  We are helping fulfill the promise of Bitcoin by bringing the precious metals market to people all over the world!! Today is a BIG DAY!!
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

I'll happily check out the Linux wallet. Great to see it nearly done.
BIGBullion (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Linux wallet posted!!

www.bigbullion.co
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

Linux wallet posted!!

www.bigbullion.co

Awesome  Smiley
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:55:11 PM

Coinminers MPOS Pool will be down for 30 minutes max 1h , i need to move to a new server because i have some problems with the current server/

Sorry for the inconvenience
Regards

BIGBullion (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:21:37 PM

Our latest Bullion reserve sheet will posted to our website tonight.  So far almost 22k in bullion in the bank!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: