Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:12:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102249 times)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

How about doog gets a key when the wallet it multisig? What would give a LOT of credibility to the site

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
subercoin

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:25:45 PM

It makes no sense for regular user to invest in this site becouse there is so much invested already Sad
It would take +20 coins to get even 1% of profits Sad
Too much coins to invest for such low profit.
In other words high riskes and low profits Sad

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:12:16 PM

In other words high riskes and low profits Sad

Good luck finding the place with lower risk and higher BTC profits.

Disclaimer: I have not invested in DiceBitco.in simply because I don't have enough confidence in the owner. However, I kept almost all mine BTC in JustDice.com and haven't seen the place with lower risk than that. In fact I've used it as some kind of online wallet, paying back and forth to other sites, and profits were very good. I don't get how big profit people expect, profit there was and order of magnitude higher than any fiat bank can offer.
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:18:16 PM

Wow this site has really grown fast.  Just be careful guys, don't invest too much in a relatively new site.  I was a fan of lunamine a cloud mining service and it's basically become a scam.  It was around about the same time this site opened and it looked totally legit, like dicebito.in does.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:02:07 PM

Wow this site has really grown fast.  Just be careful guys, don't invest too much in a relatively new site.  I was a fan of lunamine a cloud mining service and it's basically become a scam.  It was around about the same time this site opened and it looked totally legit, like dicebito.in does.

I will not disagree with you Myself i would be cautious as well - still though dont forget, we are NEW here but we have 6months+ experience and not a single issue with our litecoin version! if that can be accounted for anything Smiley

feel free to speculate on us, and keep a close eye. we are here for the long run, come re-evaluate us in few weeks/months/whenever you wish, and hopefully we would honour your standards and trust.

Regards!

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
subercoin

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

Wow this site has really grown fast.  Just be careful guys, don't invest too much in a relatively new site.  I was a fan of lunamine a cloud mining service and it's basically become a scam.  It was around about the same time this site opened and it looked totally legit, like dicebito.in does.

I will not disagree with you Myself i would be cautious as well - still though dont forget, we are NEW here but we have 6months+ experience and not a single issue with our litecoin version! if that can be accounted for anything Smiley

feel free to speculate on us, and keep a close eye. we are here for the long run, come re-evaluate us in few weeks/months/whenever you wish, and hopefully we would honour your standards and trust.

Regards!

What do you think about that?
I think that would make investments grow superfast since many people had btc invested to dooglus before too, so they trust him Wink

How about doog gets a key when the wallet it multisig? What would give a LOT of credibility to the site

subercoin

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:27:14 PM

What do you think about that?
I think that would make investments grow superfast since many people had btc invested to dooglus before too, so they trust him Wink

If doog could hold a key to the multisig in Canada JD would still be open.

It wouldn't be him owning dice site, it would be him kind of being an escrow Wink
And it is allowed right?

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

What would be great is not a single issue with a XMR (Monero) Huntercoin Dice site.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

That would be a great plus to the site's trustworthy level.
But then there should be at least 1 more person holding the key to make a 2-of-3 wallet.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:27:19 PM

But then there should be at least 1 more person holding the key to make a 2-of-3 wallet.

I emailed the owners shortly after finding the site:

Hi.

I recently discovered your dice site, and really like what I've seen.

Since Just-Dice closed, people have been looking for a replacement site to "invest" their coins in. Until now I've not really been able to recommend anywhere and am hoping that your site can become the place I recommend.

Until recently I've kind of been supporting PRCDice, but there are several things I don't really like about their site that have held me back from getting fully behind them.

As I see it, to be a big successful dice site you need to offer big bets. That attracts publicity, builds trust, etc. To do that, you need a big bankroll, and to do that you need investors to trust you.

There seem to be two major ways things that investors need to trust you to do:

a) not run off with the bankroll
b) not win the bankroll using the 'secret' seeds to which you have access

Both of those things are hard to trust an anonymous dice site operator to do, given the history of scams that surrounds Bitcoin.

So today as I was thinking about how much to invest in your site, it occurred to me that maybe you would be interested in joining forces. This could allow you to advertise that you are trustworthy "because dooglus".

Perhaps I could be a required signature on your cold wallet multi-sig address (to address concern 'a' above). Perhaps I could run a small "roll server" which does nothing but generate and store server seeds, and run the provably fair algorithm, and supply your site with rolls (to address concern 'b' above).

I suspect that if we can address 'a' and 'b' then you will find your bankroll grows hugely - Just-Dice attracted some 50k BTC - 100 times more than you currently have.

These are just a couple of ideas. Let me know if you're interested in discussing these or other ideas at all.

Chris.

but they weren't very interested unfortunately.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

Hi.

Since Just-Dice closed, people have been looking for a replacement site to "invest" their coins in. Until now I've not really been able to recommend anywhere and am hoping that your site can become the place I recommend.

Until recently I've kind of been supporting PRCDice, but there are several things I don't really like about their site that have held me back from getting fully behind them.

As I see it, to be a big successful dice site you need to offer big bets. That attracts publicity, builds trust, etc. To do that, you need a big bankroll, and to do that you need investors to trust you.

Both of those things are hard to trust an anonymous dice site operator to do, given the history of scams that surrounds Bitcoin.

So today as I was thinking about how much to invest in your site, it occurred to me that maybe you would be interested in joining forces. This could allow you to advertise that you are trustworthy "because dooglus".

Perhaps I could be a required signature on your cold wallet multi-sig address (to address concern 'a' above). Perhaps I could run a small "roll server" which does nothing but generate and store server seeds, and run the provably fair algorithm, and supply your site with rolls (to address concern 'b' above).

I suspect that if we can address 'a' and 'b' then you will find your bankroll grows hugely - Just-Dice attracted some 50k BTC - 100 times more than you currently have.

These are just a couple of ideas. Let me know if you're interested in discussing these or other ideas at all.

Chris.

Why on earth would they not be interested?

Can we get an explanation from the owners please?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:15:12 PM

They replied, saying they already had a multi sig cold wallet., but didn't really acknowledge the "roll server" idea at all.

Maybe I should try again.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

Hi.

Chris.

I was thinking the same thing, having dooglus behind you like that instantly legitimizes this site. I'm sure over time they'll build up rep, but I think they made a mistake there.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:20:49 PM

They want to build up their own cred and stand on their own two feet, I can respect that.

DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

They want to build up their own cred and stand on their own two feet, I can respect that.

Yes of course we want, otherwise we will never actuslly be the owners, will we? how we can build up our reputation, if we just swift all responsibility to another person? HOWEVER, this is what we answered to dooglus email( i have no idea why he pasted the email here, but anyways!!).

replied, on 4rth of August :
"
Hey man! emailing you because i have no idea if you are lurking in chat or whatever Smiley

yesterday night we did a meeting with gerry. among lot of things(suggestions, feedback, improvements etc) one of the subjects we put on the table, was thsi email of yours.

In short terms, we agree. We are fairly new to the bitcoin population, and trust cannot be bought/achieved overnight. Its a long, painful process that can take months or even years(and then, that doesnt mean you got it,
its just fairly better). So, we discussed options/possibilities how to insure investors and people depositing that we wont do a runaway with their money, and i think we came to a solution(of course, we are open to discussion and ideas).

As said yesterday on chat as well, we may not have"WoT" from the bitcoin community, we do have from the LiteCoin one though. One example is the WeMineCryptos owner, who runs among other things the very successful LiteCoin pool, WeMineLTC.com (its part of their network with more than 9k users mining 24/7.Their network consists of WeMineLTC(LiteCoin), WeMineALL(multipool), WeMineFTC(feathercoin) and WeMineVTC (vertcoins). They are always between the top10 pools worldwide ( check here  https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools ) and they were no1 pool for several months before ASICs come into play(that is why we decided to start advertising on them and we still do, we have banners there and on another famous pool, coinotron.com). especially WeMineLTC boosted us ALOT back then, and i spent several hours chatting with the owner, since I have big stakes on LiteCoin myself and he has lot of connections with the Litecoin Foundation. Always nice to have good relationship with people like those, you never know when they can come handy!

So, back to your suggestion! About this multisignature, we need at least 2 signatures to spend coins. Our concern in that case, would be what happens if somethign happens to you for instance? Cold wallet becomes totally useless, and we end up with a MAJOR issue(same if something happen to both me and gerry, you couldnt do anything as well). after more thought, what If we were to create another cold wallet, and have it signed by THREE people. Us(me and gerry, obviously we can share the signature thats not the issue), you and the WeMineCryptos owner. in that case, if one of us gets pancaked(as Ruru asked me yesterday, what if i get pancaked lol), cold storage is restorable and the worse case scenario is we lose just a portion of coins that sit in hot wallet. We trust ourselves(obviously!! Tongue) , we trust you (you dont leave room for no trust on this manner based on your background) and we trust the owner of WeMineCryptos, since his reputation is whats important to him and he has an excellent reputation in the LiteCoin Space.

Please let me know about this idea. we are always open to dialogue and we truly want to make this place THE reference for bitcoin players! "

we never got a reply though. I still dont know though, do you really own the site when you hand everything to someone else? its not about trust or not, but i guess people get our point as well?

aahzmundus

Activity: 644

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

And I would say you are building trust quickly with how open and honest you have been, and how quickly you are listening to feedback and making changes! 

tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

So, back to your suggestion! About this multisignature, we need at least 2 signatures to spend coins. Our concern in that case, would be what happens if somethign happens to you for instance? Cold wallet becomes totally useless, and we end up with a MAJOR issue(same if something happen to both me and gerry, you couldnt do anything as well). after more thought, what If we were to create another cold wallet, and have it signed by THREE people. Us(me and gerry, obviously we can share the signature thats not the issue), you and the WeMineCryptos owner. in that case, if one of us gets pancaked(as Ruru asked me yesterday, what if i get pancaked lol), cold storage is restorable and the worse case scenario is we lose just a portion of coins that sit in hot wallet. We trust ourselves(obviously!! Tongue) , we trust you (you dont leave room for no trust on this manner based on your background) and we trust the owner of WeMineCryptos, since his reputation is whats important to him and he has an excellent reputation in the LiteCoin Space.

Having three signers sounds good, but I don't think picking another friend of yours as the third signer is a good idea. The best option would probably be to let the investors propose a third signer that you can either accept or reject.

Regarding the roll server we are still waiting for a comment.

Another thing:

SITE STATS
profit:   10.46217341
invested: 2,937.03663741
Bets
ALL USER STATS
wagered:  5,418.2236
profit:   -18.5097
bets:     7,804,766
wins:     4,657,157
losses:   3,147,609
win/loss: 59.67%

Now player losses is closing in on double the player losses. That just doesn't make sense to me. Have the investors paid 43% in commission so far? Even if some investors have paid commission early by divesting, I can't understand how it can be so far over 10%.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:07:22 PM

Yes of course we want, otherwise we will never actuslly be the owners, will we? how we can build up our reputation, if we just swift all responsibility to another person?

I can understand and respect your point, but from a gambler or investor point of view, having doog as an escrow for the site's bitcoin is a big plus.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Smiley

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:13:22 PM

They replied, saying they already had a multi sig cold wallet., but didn't really acknowledge the "roll server" idea at all.

Maybe I should try again.

I don't think the multisignature is something I would agreed to if I would be in DiceBitcoi.in shoes, but until Dooglus is somehow officialy enroled in the site I'm *not* investing in it. This way they are just piggy-backing on his name, giving him a "crown". The "roll server" is an excellent idea, get Dooglus officially involved, doesn't matter what the deal is between you internally, and you'll get the trust of the whole community. Otherwise, just you wait until Dooglus bring some form of the JD from death, you'll see your capital flying there in no time.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

Having three signers sounds good, but I don't think picking another friend of yours as the third signer is a good idea. The best option would probably be to let the investors propose a third signer that you can either accept or reject.

Regarding the roll server we are still waiting for a comment.

Another thing:

SITE STATS
profit:   10.46217341
invested: 2,937.03663741
Bets
ALL USER STATS
wagered:  5,418.2236
profit:   -18.5097
bets:     7,804,766
wins:     4,657,157
losses:   3,147,609
win/loss: 59.67%

Now player losses is closing in on double the player losses. That just doesn't make sense to me. Have the investors paid 43% in commission so far? Even if some investors have paid commission early by divesting, I can't understand how it can be so far over 10%.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716312.msg8179019#msg8179019

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: