Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ShapeShift.io - Instant Coin Exchange  (Read 80678 times)
ShapeShift.io (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:58:39 PM

Nubits has officially been re-released on ShapeShift.io. Continue your NBT exchanges today.

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:12:05 PM

Buy on Overstock.com with your Altcoin of choice with the ShapeShift Lens browser extension: https://shapeshift.io/lens.html

It's free and easy to use. Just download the extension from Google Chrome or FireFox and and you will see a fox icon next to every Bitcoin address. Click on the icon and ShapeShift lets you use your altcoin of your choice to pay the Bitcoin merchant, including Overstock.com.

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 07:47:45 PM

Unobtanium up 14%, Startcoin up 14%, ShadowCash up 13% - Buy and sell your UNO, START and SDC today on ShapeShift. https://shapeshift.io/

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:08:20 PM

ShapeShift is now a proud sponsor of the March of Doge. Donate your Dogecoin to support the March of Dimes: http://www.marchofdoge.com/

Don't have Dogecoin? Use ShapeShift to exchange your altcoins for Doge: https://shapeshift.io/

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:12:26 AM

Not trying to hassle y'all or anything, but it would sure be nice to refer folks from Just-dice to you guys for easy small CLAM trades!

We all love your service and sure hope to get you on board <3.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
LethalBits

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:27:16 PM

You guys are really great, only thing which concerns me right now is limits  Angry, when you people are going to get rid of that thing? otherwise everything is awesome... quickest exchanger ever  Grin
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:11:01 AM

Not trying to hassle y'all or anything, but it would sure be nice to refer folks from Just-dice to you guys for easy small CLAM trades!

We all love your service and sure hope to get you on board <3.

and EXCL!

yolo
LethalBits

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:13:54 AM

One more transaction, went smooth  Smiley I have some Q's, I will PM you.
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:45:43 PM

ShapeShift.io has added ClamCoin, PotCoin, MintCoin.

ShapeShift.io has released CLAM, POT, MINT for exchange with Bitcoin and 20+ other altcoins. No account needed.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:19:33 AM

ShapeShift.io has added ClamCoin, PotCoin, MintCoin.

ShapeShift.io has released CLAM, POT, MINT for exchange with Bitcoin and 20+ other altcoins. No account needed.

w00t!!! Will be using soon Cheesy

Thanks

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 09:26:00 PM

ShapeShift.io will be making a big announcement within the next 24 hours. Stay tuned for the news! We will announce on BitcoinTalk, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: Erik Voorhees as Founder of ShapeShift, announces seed round with Barry Silbert, Roger Ver

Read the official statement, "Erik Voorhees as Founder of ShapeShift, announces seed round with Barry Silbert, Roger Ver" here: https://shapeshift.io/blog.html

Read the CoinDesk article, "ShapeShift Raises £525k, Reveals Erik Voorhees as Creator" here: http://www.coindesk.com/shapeshift-raises-525k-reveals-erik-voorhees-as-creator/

justinetime

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:13:17 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: Erik Voorhees as Founder of ShapeShift, announces seed round with Barry Silbert, Roger Ver

Read the official statement, "Erik Voorhees as Founder of ShapeShift, announces seed round with Barry Silbert, Roger Ver" here: https://shapeshift.io/blog.html

Read the CoinDesk article, "ShapeShift Raises £525k, Reveals Erik Voorhees as Creator" here: http://www.coindesk.com/shapeshift-raises-525k-reveals-erik-voorhees-as-creator/

is this " a big announcement" or just an announcement ?
When I saw  "a big announcement" yesterday , I thought it will be something like giveaway or contest from shapeshift Cheesy
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:49:16 PM

In the stories they write that Shapeshift is a Swiss company, however, I can not find any company by this name in Switzerland. How comes?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:39:22 AM

I decided to try the ShapeShift service, since I've linked to it from the Just-Dice FAQ and figured I should make sure it's worth linking to.

I told it I wanted to deposit CLAM and receive BTC. It told me to deposit up to 107 CLAM, so I did. The BTC arrived within about 30 seconds. So far, so good.

Then I clicked 'another exchange'. It reset the current pair to BTC->LTC. It would be nice if it could remember the pair I most recently used and default to that. I'm not likely to ever buy LTC. So I set it to CLAM->BTC again, and it told me to deposit up to 0.03 CLAM. That's about 5 cents' worth of CLAM.

Did I use up all the available conversion power of the site in a single transaction? It seems to be doing the exchange on Poloniex on demand, so why can't it just adjust the price it is offering and let me exchange more? Could it be that the service's Poloniex account is out of BTC now, and so I have to wait for them to redeposit? Or is the on-exchange BTC earmarked separately for each currency pair, so there's BTC available for buying LTC, but none for buying CLAM? Or maybe even it sees I'm from the same IP as before, and is limiting me but not other people?

Whatever's happening, it would be useful if the site would tell me: "please wait 10 minutes while we deposit BTC to the exchange", or whatever, so I have some idea of what the problem is and don't just think that 0.03 CLAM is really the maximum deposit size.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:41:15 PM

I decided to try the ShapeShift service, since I've linked to it from the Just-Dice FAQ and figured I should make sure it's worth linking to.

I told it I wanted to deposit CLAM and receive BTC. It told me to deposit up to 107 CLAM, so I did. The BTC arrived within about 30 seconds. So far, so good.

Then I clicked 'another exchange'. It reset the current pair to BTC->LTC. It would be nice if it could remember the pair I most recently used and default to that. I'm not likely to ever buy LTC. So I set it to CLAM->BTC again, and it told me to deposit up to 0.03 CLAM. That's about 5 cents' worth of CLAM.

Hi Dooglus, good questions, as always!

The issue is just one of how much inventory of CLAMS we hold. We've had a decent number of CLAMS transactions over the past few days, so we're going to increase our holdings and this will increase the deposit limit and reduce the issue that you're having.

"Did I use up all the available conversion power of the site in a single transaction? "  Yes, basically. We'll solve that by holding more inventory.

"It seems to be doing the exchange on Poloniex on demand, so why can't it just adjust the price it is offering and let me exchange more?"  The exchange is not happening with Poloniex, but directly with ShapeShift... thus our level of inventory is important.  (if we just routed the order through poloniex it would take more than an hour at least to process orders)

" Or is the on-exchange BTC earmarked separately for each currency pair, so there's BTC available for buying LTC, but none for buying CLAM?"  Nope, not earmarked for certain pairs.

" Or maybe even it sees I'm from the same IP as before, and is limiting me but not other people?" Nope, IP doesn't matter.

Fundamentally there is always a tension between price/speed/deposit limits.  Increasing one often means scaling back another (ie - deposit limit can increase but we can't offer as good of a price, etc). We can combat this generally by just holding more inventory of coins, but that has business costs as well. So it's a careful balancing act.

Regardless, more CLAMS on the way!

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:06:45 PM

Much higher limits now at www.ShapeShift.io for CLAMS, enjoy!

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:15:22 PM

Much higher limits now at www.ShapeShift.io for CLAMS, enjoy!

Do you have some way that I can link to ShapeShift and have it automatically show BTC->CLAM as the currency pair?

Something like this?

https://shapeshift.io?sell=btc&buy=clam

And do you have an affiliate program, where I get paid for sending people to your site? Or is that only it I use the API to integrate shapeshift into my site?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
LethalBits

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:18:34 AM

@dooglus, I also had the same problem with BTC>>PPC, but they increased there PPC reserves. I like this platform, so far most stable instant exchange site. I used several other exchange sites but I love this most because of rates, no technical issues and fast, co-operative staff Cheesy
coinsentry

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:53:19 PM

On the front end f shapeshift, it says there is a minimum amount for each currency. This minimum amount is not listed in the API anywhere. How is this minimum value calculated. Is it pegged to a USD value? I noticed the bitcoin minimum is 4218 satoshis, which is about 1 penny. Are all currencies set to a one penny minimum?

Also, I'm unfortunately going to have to remove shapeshift.io integration from my project because of the new minimum amount requirement. The way my app works, is it sends lots and lots of small amounts from many senders, but to a relatively small number of recipients. Most shifts from me will be $0.05 and less. Most probably under $0.01

Maybe if shapeshift.io worked such that it keeps shifts under the minimum internally until the total amount exceeds the minimum, then makes the deposit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: