Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ShapeShift.io - Instant Coin Exchange  (Read 80675 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:06:20 AM

Any plans to add paycon? Since paycoin turned out to be backed by that homero scamming company and removed - you could add a legit paycon  Tongue

Yeahhhhhhhhhh.... no. Smiley

Why not? PayCon is awesome, decentralized, with no ICO/IPO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:50:07 AM

Appears you have no CLAMS to sell and aren't buying CLAMS either?

Poloniex's CLAM wallet has been down for hours. I don't know what ShapeShift.io uses to buy and sell CLAM, but if they have a dependency on Poloniex then that might explain why they aren't able to buy or sell CLAM at the moment.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ShapeShift.io (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:46:22 PM

Poloniex's CLAM wallet has been down for hours. I don't know what ShapeShift.io uses to buy and sell CLAM, but if they have a dependency on Poloniex then that might explain why they aren't able to buy or sell CLAM at the moment.

It should be all fine now, CLAMS orders have been processing on ShapeShift

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:48:27 PM

Hello, just one question: You write that your company is located in Switzerland, but I can't find any company there by this name???
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:56:54 PM

It should be all fine now, CLAMS orders have been processing on ShapeShift

Tits!

Thank you <3

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dmugetsu

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:02:20 AM

Hi,

I've just PM'd you a 175LTC deposit that is over the shapeshift limit. I didn't specify a return address and now my funds are stuck in your site.

Again, I PM'd the TXID of the transaction...I've also emailed you since as you can understand this is a lot of money to be in limbo.

Please help asap
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:30:45 AM

Can you adding Cryptospot Coin?

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:11:59 PM

Hi, there! We will add it to our discovery list. Stay tuned on our social outlets and Bitcointalk to see when we release new coins.  Smiley Thanks for reaching out!

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:16:02 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: ShapeShift and Factom partner for release of Factoids: http://bit.ly/1ORW265

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:07:44 PM

Nice announcement. But I have asked you two times the same question, and two times you have ignored it. On your blog, your write:
"...the mystery creator behind Swiss-based ShapeShift is Erik Voorhees, formerly CEO of Coinapult and creator of SatoshiDICE."

Now in the story you are linking one can read:
"...said Erik Voorhees, ShapeShift CEO, in a written statement to Bitcoin Magazine"

Okay then. You claim to be a Swiss company. However, no company by the name "Shapeshift" is registered anywhere in Switzerland. So you are not a Swiss company.

Further, if Erik Voorhees is your CEO, he is responsible for the operations and therefore should be registered for a Swiss company with his signatory power. However, no person by the name "Erik Voorhees" can be found as having signatory power for a company in Switzerland.

So why should a user send you coins for exchanging if such basic facts you are posting seem to be a blatant lie? Where is your "swiss company" located at?
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 12:35:53 AM

Nice announcement. But I have asked you two times the same question, and two times you have ignored it. On your blog, your write:
"...the mystery creator behind Swiss-based ShapeShift is Erik Voorhees, formerly CEO of Coinapult and creator of SatoshiDICE."

"...said Erik Voorhees, ShapeShift CEO, in a written statement to Bitcoin Magazine"

Okay then. You claim to be a Swiss company. However, no company by the name "Shapeshift" is registered anywhere in Switzerland. So you are not a Swiss company.

Further, if Erik Voorhees is your CEO, he is responsible for the operations and therefore should be registered for a Swiss company with his signatory power. However, no person by the name "Erik Voorhees" can be found as having signatory power for a company in Switzerland.

So why should a user send you coins for exchanging if such basic facts you are posting seem to be a blatant lie? Where is your "swiss company" located at?

We are a Swiss Ag corporation (as opposed to Gmbh) under the name "ShapeShift Ag". I'm not sure if Ag corporations can be found in the public directory (unlike Gmbh).  We'd be interested to know if there is a directory that ShapeShift Ag is listed in as well - we're not aware of any.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:25:31 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 01:47:26 AM by RealMalatesta

We are a Swiss Ag corporation (as opposed to Gmbh) under the name "ShapeShift Ag". I'm not sure if Ag corporations can be found in the public directory (unlike Gmbh).  We'd be interested to know if there is a directory that ShapeShift Ag is listed in as well - we're not aware of any.

Both an AG as a GmbH have to be listed in Switzerland. Therefore, you can search for all corporations in the central registry. You find it here: zefix.ch

All corporations can be found there. Cancelled names are as well included as former versions. However, no company by the name "ShapeShift" is in this registry. You are sure you mean Switzerland and not Sweden... well, hold on: The only corporation in Europe by the name "ShapeShift" was registered in Bulgaria Hungary (SHAPESHIFT Kereskedelmi és Szolgáltató Betéti Társaság) - in August 2000. And it hasn't anything to do with Bitcoins. So where's your company?

--Edit--
Shapeshift claimed that it was established in Switzerland in August 2014. So if this company would exist, it would be found in the registry. I would say that the company is as fake as the name originally used by its founder.
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

Hi, there. We understand your frustration. We have been formed and should be in the directory next week. As soon as we are live in the directory, we will post here. Thank you for your understanding.

We are a Swiss Ag corporation (as opposed to Gmbh) under the name "ShapeShift Ag". I'm not sure if Ag corporations can be found in the public directory (unlike Gmbh).  We'd be interested to know if there is a directory that ShapeShift Ag is listed in as well - we're not aware of any.

Both an AG as a GmbH have to be listed in Switzerland. Therefore, you can search for all corporations in the central registry. You find it here: zefix.ch

All corporations can be found there. Cancelled names are as well included as former versions. However, no company by the name "ShapeShift" is in this registry. You are sure you mean Switzerland and not Sweden... well, hold on: The only corporation in Europe by the name "ShapeShift" was registered in Bulgaria Hungary (SHAPESHIFT Kereskedelmi és Szolgáltató Betéti Társaság) - in August 2000. And it hasn't anything to do with Bitcoins. So where's your company?

--Edit--
Shapeshift claimed that it was established in Switzerland in August 2014. So if this company would exist, it would be found in the registry. I would say that the company is as fake as the name originally used by its founder.

ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:11:52 PM

ShapeShift.io Integrates Winklecoin into Instant Altcoin Exchange
Site is now the fastest way to buy or sell the powerful Winklevii-developed altcoin

SWITZERLAND, April 1, 2015 - ShapeShift.io has integrated Winklecoin (WNK), into its instant exchange platform. Customers anywhere in the world can now buy or sell WNK instantly with Bitcoin or over two dozen other leading cryptocurrencies with ShapeShift.io.

Winklecoin, masterminded by Olympic rowers and internet entrepreneurs Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, is now available for exchange in increments of two.

“We were very excited to integrate Winklecoin because I appreciate the innovation of only being able to purchase or transfer the coin in multiples of two,” said ShapeShift CEO and Founder Erik Voorhees, “This feature doubles the market price of every Winklecoin because economics.”

Winklecoin quickly reached 7.1 million WNK volume within the first month of release, far surpassing rival coin Zuckerbucks (ZKB), causing the ZKB failure and removal from all available exchanges. WNK utilizes a mining process powered by international rowing teams, using an innovative "proof of crew" system.

“Winklecoin encapsulates the tall, handsome essence of the Winklevii brothers themselves,” swooned ShapeShift Director of Marketing, Emily. “In my personal opinion, Bitcoin doesn’t stand a chance against it. I take all my salary now in Winklecoin.”

Interested websites can now also utilize the ShapeShift API to instantly accept payment in WNK, whereupon it will be instantly converted to Bitcoin, or any other digital asset in which they prefer to hold value.

About ShapeShift:

ShapeShift is a new piece of infrastructure in Bitcoinland. It is how digital currency exchange should work. From start to finish you can change digital currencies in seconds, with no account required. No emails or passwords. No lengthy sign­up process. No accounts. No bid and ask orders. No friction. ShapeShift's goal is to be the fastest, safest, and most convenient way to swap digital currencies. See more at: https://shapeshift.io/

About Winklecoin:

Developed with cryptocurrenty world-domination in mind, Winklecoin (WKN) has become the preferred altcoin for various social media networks, the International Olympic Committee, US Rowing Club and the Harvard University Book and Gift Store. To learn more about Winklecoin, visit winklecoin.org.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:15:31 PM

Hi, there. We understand your frustration. We have been formed and should be in the directory next week. As soon as we are live in the directory, we will post here. Thank you for your understanding.

--Edit--

It is not about me being frustrated. It is about you claiming something which is not true. More than half a year ago, you claimed to be a Swiss company. However, you weren't. Now that I expose this, you will be registered within a week? That is, to say the least, a bit odd and doesn't really support any trustworthiness of yours.
nexus00

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:37:23 PM

ShapeShift.io Integrates Winklecoin into Instant Altcoin Exchange
Site is now the fastest way to buy or sell the powerful Winklevii-developed altcoin

SWITZERLAND, April 1, 2015 - ShapeShift.io has integrated Winklecoin (WNK), into its instant exchange platform. Customers anywhere in the world can now buy or sell WNK instantly with Bitcoin or over two dozen other leading cryptocurrencies with ShapeShift.io.

Winklecoin, masterminded by Olympic rowers and internet entrepreneurs Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, is now available for exchange in increments of two.

“We were very excited to integrate Winklecoin because I appreciate the innovation of only being able to purchase or transfer the coin in multiples of two,” said ShapeShift CEO and Founder Erik Voorhees, “This feature doubles the market price of every Winklecoin because economics.”

Winklecoin quickly reached 7.1 million WNK volume within the first month of release, far surpassing rival coin Zuckerbucks (ZKB), causing the ZKB failure and removal from all available exchanges. WNK utilizes a mining process powered by international rowing teams, using an innovative "proof of crew" system.

“Winklecoin encapsulates the tall, handsome essence of the Winklevii brothers themselves,” swooned ShapeShift Director of Marketing, Emily. “In my personal opinion, Bitcoin doesn’t stand a chance against it. I take all my salary now in Winklecoin.”

Interested websites can now also utilize the ShapeShift API to instantly accept payment in WNK, whereupon it will be instantly converted to Bitcoin, or any other digital asset in which they prefer to hold value.

About ShapeShift:

ShapeShift is a new piece of infrastructure in Bitcoinland. It is how digital currency exchange should work. From start to finish you can change digital currencies in seconds, with no account required. No emails or passwords. No lengthy sign­up process. No accounts. No bid and ask orders. No friction. ShapeShift's goal is to be the fastest, safest, and most convenient way to swap digital currencies. See more at: https://shapeshift.io/

About Winklecoin:

Developed with cryptocurrenty world-domination in mind, Winklecoin (WKN) has become the preferred altcoin for various social media networks, the International Olympic Committee, US Rowing Club and the Harvard University Book and Gift Store. To learn more about Winklecoin, visit winklecoin.org.

Real fucking funny there shapeshift. Get people to send you actual money for two stupid ass pictures. Nice April Fools joke on people who believe in your service. Go fuck yourself and I hope you lose all the customers you have earned. Way to scam your users. WOW. I thought we had enough of this bullshit with paycoin. See you in New york fuck sticks.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 10:51:08 PM

Real fucking funny there shapeshift. Get people to send you actual money for two stupid ass pictures. Nice April Fools joke on people who believe in your service. Go fuck yourself and I hope you lose all the customers you have earned. Way to scam your users. WOW. I thought we had enough of this bullshit with paycoin. See you in New york fuck sticks.

Check your email
OPTION 1: Donate Your Bitcoin to Sean's Outpost

ShapeShift loves Sean's Outpost, and what better way to show the love and spread some joy than donating to the cause? All altcoins received through Winklecoin purchases that are not returned to buyers will be donated to this amazing non-profit. Sean's Outpost is the largest provider of meals to the homeless in Escambia County Florida and is the only homeless outreach in the world primarily funded by cryptocurrency. 

OPTION 2: Request an Altcoin Refund

Hey, we get it. Every coin can count. So if you would prefer us returning your altcoin to you, click the button below and send us an email that includes your Bitcoin or altcoin address for us to issue your return to and deposit address or TX ID and we will send your coins back within 24 hours. 

Most importantly, thanks for your continued support with ShapeShift and for having a little fun with us today! 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:17:04 PM

Check your email
OPTION 1: Donate Your Bitcoin to Sean's Outpost

ShapeShift loves Sean's Outpost, and what better way to show the love and spread some joy than donating to the cause? All altcoins received through Winklecoin purchases that are not returned to buyers will be donated to this amazing non-profit. Sean's Outpost is the largest provider of meals to the homeless in Escambia County Florida and is the only homeless outreach in the world primarily funded by cryptocurrency. 

OPTION 2: Request an Altcoin Refund

Hey, we get it. Every coin can count. So if you would prefer us returning your altcoin to you, click the button below and send us an email that includes your Bitcoin or altcoin address for us to issue your return to and deposit address or TX ID and we will send your coins back within 24 hours. 

Most importantly, thanks for your continued support with ShapeShift and for having a little fun with us today! 

Keep the records straight:

1. Someone with a fake name claims that he has set up a company in Switzerland
2. He reveals his real name (supposedly) and claims that he has set up a company
3. This company does not exist
4. The non-existing company makes an "april fools"-joke and takes assets from third parties, i.e. potential clients
5. The non-existing company gives the victims of the joke the choice to return the assets or give them away to someone else

Well, I doubt that this company will ever be set up in Switzerland, for according to Swiss laws, this is fraud - despite the fact that they offer to return the assets.
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:52:22 AM

What is it about the internet that brings out such hostility?  Winklecoin was an April Fools joke - you could send any amount of coin and get the Winklecoin email, and if you accidentally sent more than you wanted to, just email us and we'll refund it. Chill pill, guys.

Our next project will be to build an exchange which converts Winklecoin into Senses of Humor.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:41:41 AM

...this is fraud - despite the fact that they offer to return the assets.

I've seen a number of people use this service with 0 issues.  

Stfu and wait it out for a week or two at this point or you run the risk of looking like a real jerk off. Smiley

I tried to buy some Winkvi coins.  I kept getting this:

O well Tongue Happy April fools

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: