Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:37:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stellar  (Read 521199 times)
bitrev

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:41:03 AM

Because Ripple was pre-mined it is a scam? Wow some people are ignorant.

Yes I got some Ripple left and right, but the consensus is good.

Have an official foundation control the coin.

Member scams are so 2011. How many foundation scam did we have? How many foundation 'dumps' did we have?

Most people here are totally lost in what crypto is and it's purpose... Payments from A to B with low cost and fast. BAM there you got it.

While Stellar for me (also invested) is just another alt, Ripple is more (opened a new office the other day).

From all the coins, even Google Ventures and many reputable investors stepped in.

Critism > Good
Bogus talk > not good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:16:53 PM

Because Ripple was pre-mined it is a scam? Wow some people are ignorant.

Yes I got some Ripple left and right, but the consensus is good.

Have an official foundation control the coin.

Bitcoin has an official foundation, but it has run out of money. Will Ripple foundation not have this problem? Can it draw funds from the premine?
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:44:52 PM

Critism > Good
Bogus talk > not good

I must admit it has been a while since I went to school.

But these equations are saying:

Critism is more than Good

Bogus talk is more than not good

Is that correct understood?  Huh

he means to use = sign... i think they are arrows not greater than  Roll Eyes

Who has the big sell wall on Poloniex?

SELL Price                         STR                           BTC
0.00001219                  16200000.00000000   197.47800000

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_str
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:30:55 PM

SELL Price                         STR                           BTC
0.00001219                  16200000.00000000   197.47800000

Someone who doesn't care if that wall drives the price down, he just want to get rid of his 200BTC worth of Stellars.
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:19:45 AM

SELL Price                         STR                           BTC
0.00001219                  16200000.00000000   197.47800000

Someone who doesn't care if that wall drives the price down, he just want to get rid of his 200BTC worth of Stellars.

It just got bought  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Date                                     Price                       Total STR                   Total BTC
2015-04-12 02:52:05   Buy      0.00001219            13839285.29092780   168.70088769

gone now...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1....LIFT OFF!!!
CLains

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:09:18 PM

Quote from: Jed McCaleb
From the beginning, we were trying to design [Stellar] to be able to reach hundreds of millions of accounts, thousands of transactions. So we’ve stress tested to 100 million accounts and a few hundred transactions per second, and its holding up under those loads.

http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-founder-jed-mccaleb-new-protocol/

What is the latency (block confirmation time)?
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:17:16 AM

Quote from: Jed McCaleb
From the beginning, we were trying to design [Stellar] to be able to reach hundreds of millions of accounts, thousands of transactions. So we’ve stress tested to 100 million accounts and a few hundred transactions per second, and its holding up under those loads.

http://www.coindesk.com/stellar-founder-jed-mccaleb-new-protocol/

What is the latency (block confirmation time)?

not too sure about this new protocol but it should be seconds. When I transferred with their old system it took about 10-30 seconds...
1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:35:36 AM

Stellar Development Foundation crew seem to be bunch of screw ups, who blame others for their own mistakes. Just look at their previous ripple consensus algorithm. SDF modifies it, the modification causes a network fork, then they blame RL for creating an unsafe consensus algo.

I have hard time trusting anything SDF says. Track record speaks louder than a thousand words.

This Stellartalk-discussion shows why SDF isn't really the most trustworthy crew around. Read the whole thread.
Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. They are good at UI gloss, but under the hood lies a Frankenstein codebase. They are also lagging hugely when it comes to leading, innovating, networking and doing deals with the big fish. But yes, the track record of these guys doesn't give me any confidence.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:56:27 PM

It's the same security model that Ripple was initially advertised to have, but which didn't actually work in practice. The mechanism and conditions appear to be slightly different, and the requirements actually (somewhat) defined, but the fundamental concern remains.

I pointed out back in 2013 that the result of the OpenCoin Ripple model would either result in centralization or a total failure of consensus; and pushed them to formalize their requirements and to specify a procedure that might actually cause them to be met.  They didn't. When Ripple was deployed the outcome was centralization, and when they repeated the experiment with Stellar the system spontaneously failed.

Just as with ripple back in 2013 the new Stellar proposal is unable to answer the basic questions about how we can know or guarantee anything about the security of the system.  Mazieres and Vitalik describe it as leaving it up to the market and think it will work out. I think it would better be described as leaving security up to chance. And the chances don't look good: leaving it up to the users to ensure a safe and decentralized topology has already failed in practice with a highly similar system _twice_.

I pay attention to these things because I hope to see useful things invented and deployed (for their own sake, and so I can use them in my own project); I also pay attention because I'm concerned about blow-back. _Currently_ people are free to do what they want, here there is tremendous information asymmetry and a host of incentives which are at odds with the public interest (including the fact that the few people like me who can clearly see the problems, have every incentive to say nothing at all; much less enough to be anything but a reed in the wind against a massively funded PR effort); and these efforts raise problems across several domains of law.  The result may well be some crazy efforts to regulate the space as a result, which would harm everyone.

I've been watching and waiting. nullc seems to = gmaxwell:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9342348

Time to move on.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:23:50 AM

It's the same security model that Ripple was initially advertised to have, but which didn't actually work in practice. The mechanism and conditions appear to be slightly different, and the requirements actually (somewhat) defined, but the fundamental concern remains.

I pointed out back in 2013 that the result of the OpenCoin Ripple model would either result in centralization or a total failure of consensus; and pushed them to formalize their requirements and to specify a procedure that might actually cause them to be met.  They didn't. When Ripple was deployed the outcome was centralization, and when they repeated the experiment with Stellar the system spontaneously failed.

Just as with ripple back in 2013 the new Stellar proposal is unable to answer the basic questions about how we can know or guarantee anything about the security of the system.  Mazieres and Vitalik describe it as leaving it up to the market and think it will work out. I think it would better be described as leaving security up to chance. And the chances don't look good: leaving it up to the users to ensure a safe and decentralized topology has already failed in practice with a highly similar system _twice_.

I pay attention to these things because I hope to see useful things invented and deployed (for their own sake, and so I can use them in my own project); I also pay attention because I'm concerned about blow-back. _Currently_ people are free to do what they want, here there is tremendous information asymmetry and a host of incentives which are at odds with the public interest (including the fact that the few people like me who can clearly see the problems, have every incentive to say nothing at all; much less enough to be anything but a reed in the wind against a massively funded PR effort); and these efforts raise problems across several domains of law.  The result may well be some crazy efforts to regulate the space as a result, which would harm everyone.

Time to move on.

TLDR version?  Too technical for me wee brain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:18:06 PM

Time to move on.

TLDR version?  Too technical for me wee brain.

"It isn't clear to me why the authors believe that the system is fit for cryptocurrency use when it cannot guarantee eventual agreement about _all_ of the state."

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:09:58 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:52:34 PM by JoelKatz

"It isn't clear to me why the authors believe that the system is fit for cryptocurrency use when it cannot guarantee eventual agreement about _all_ of the state."
You are trapped in a room, you have two choices:

1) You can keep flipping a coin until it comes up heads.  When it comes up heads, you can leave.

2) You can flip 100 coins at once until they all come up heads. You can leave when all 100 coins come up heads at once or in two weeks.

Which would you prefer? Option 2 can guarantee you will eventually leave. Option 1 cannot. So option 2 must be better, right?

Blockchains can't guarantee that anyone will ever find a block. Is that a problem? No.

What you can guarantee is interesting from a theoretical standpoint. But what really matters for practical purposes is what actually happens.

Note: I edited this post to add the word "No" after "Is that a problem?" for clarity. My point, of course, is that it's not a problem at all.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:57:01 PM

You guys got some buzz today on cryptsy chat...I'm goin to look into your project!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:13:44 PM

You guys got some buzz today on cryptsy chat...I'm goin to look into your project!

care to elaborate?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:24:54 PM

care to elaborate?

They're probably going to have an STR/BTC market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:08:28 PM

what is the current value of stellars in bitcoins or dollors I have some stellars. Will the value of stellar increase in future?

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
monsterdoge

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:30:29 PM

what is the current value of stellars in bitcoins or dollors I have some stellars. Will the value of stellar increase in future?

how much stellar you have man?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

You can check here: http://www.stellarvalue.org/

Currently, 5000 STR = 13.69908 USD = 0.05925 BTC.

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 04:11:14 AM

Are Stellar invites still worth anything?

I have one sitting in my account.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: