Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:41:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stellar  (Read 521200 times)
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:12:11 AM

After the registration:
Oops!
As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent fraud, we temporarily deny facebook accounts that have been updated too recently. Please try again in a couple of days.

what can i do with this? my last post in fb was dec 15.

I just get 'oops, server error'

Is the fact you registered with a phoneverified fb account enough to remain elligable?

I surely hope so  Roll Eyes

id = rjx1979 if anyone feels the need to welcome me Wink

edit: tried again and now I also get the fraudprevention message.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:31:23 AM

After the registration:
Oops!
As part of our ongoing efforts to prevent fraud, we temporarily deny facebook accounts that have been updated too recently. Please try again in a couple of days.

stellar account detection mechanism is screwed. you can't do anything about it. :/

A distribution depending on a centralized social network along with a centralized DB to maintain transaction logs is always screwed.

RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:06:19 AM

After the registration:
Oops!

I just get 'oops, server error'

Is the fact you registered with a phoneverified fb account enough to remain elligable?

I surely hope so  Roll Eyes

id = rjx1979 if anyone feels the need to welcome me Wink

edit: tried again and now I also get the fraudprevention message.

Tried 1 day after and learned that 1 day is not the same as a couple of days.

Marvelous but somewhere I knew this.

Cheesy
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 11:01:12 AM

After the registration:
Oops!

stellar account detection mechanism is screwed. you can't do anything about it. :/

Exactly, I invited someone from my family from an invite code I received hoping I'd get some stellars and she had a 3 year old PVC account which was apparently not legit. It's useless.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:22:14 PM

stellarvalue.com returns:

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

stellarvalue.com returns:

Use stellarvalue.org . However stay tuned more stellar features will be implemented in the january/ February , this is an interessant coin.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:08:36 PM

As this is not the main Stellar thread, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, some of which might be difficult, some just plain noobish to the Stellar approach.

I have been to a few meetings with bankers that made their living moving money for Wal-Mart into China to pay for goods.  As you may know WalMart buys a significant proportion of its goods from China so it transacts $billions through the banking system.  WalMart move so much money they can do so almost at cost.

Stellar is not really for big businesses. It does make sense for the majority of the market, the SME banking system and possibly the remittances market. Big businesses might be interested if it means they can trust Stellar and remove their cost of maintaining their own networks, but that carries various risks including regulatory risks.

But why isn't Stellar subject to regulations?

The only way I can think it would avoid being a regulated entity is if Stellar is a payment gateway where funds are never at risk. Clearly the recent forks demonstrate that funds might be at risk. If there is a chance that trusted funds might not make it to the other end of a transaction then Stellar needs to be regulated and not in just one jurisdiction but in every country that connects through Stellar. Surely?
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

As this is not the main Stellar thread, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, some of which might be difficult, some just plain noobish to the Stellar approach.

I have been to a few meetings with bankers that made their living moving money for Wal-Mart into China to pay for goods.  As you may know WalMart buys a significant proportion of its goods from China so it transacts $billions through the banking system.  WalMart move so much money they can do so almost at cost.

Stellar is not really for big businesses. It does make sense for the majority of the market, the SME banking system and possibly the remittances market. Big businesses might be interested if it means they can trust Stellar and remove their cost of maintaining their own networks, but that carries various risks including regulatory risks.

The only way I can think it would avoid being a regulated entity is if Stellar is a payment gateway where funds are never at risk. Clearly the recent forks demonstrate that funds might be at risk. If there is a chance that trusted funds might not make it to the other end of a transaction then Stellar needs to be regulated and not in just one jurisdiction but in every country that connects through Stellar. Surely?
What makes you think Stellar is not subject to regulations?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:11:13 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 11:25:31 PM by coins101

What makes you think Stellar is not subject to regulations?

Nothing stands out in their T&Cs

https://www.stellar.org/terms-of-service/

edit

Ripple doesn't seem to be regulated, but it looks like Ripple is thinking about the need to be regulated.

https://ripple.com/bitlicense-how-ripple-labs-approaches-regulations/
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:58:15 AM

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

Regarding the XRP and BTC giveaway of 20% of str coins planning to happen before 31 january 2015, when I am right.
1. What happens to unclaimed coins?
2. Being a substantial holder of STR, I am really afraid for a big proce drop after the giveaway, is this a legitimate concern?

Curious to know your ideas?
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:00:42 AM

Warning: There's a phishing site. Here's the link: http://launch-stellar.co.nf/#/login → DO NOT ENTER YOUR PASSWORD IN THIS LINK! Check the link every time you are logging into your wallet..

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:04:01 AM

Regarding the XRP and BTC giveaway of 20% of str coins planning to happen before 31 january 2015, when I am right.
2. Being a substantial holder of STR, I am really afraid for a big proce drop after the giveaway, is this a legitimate concern?

1. Not too sure about that. I would guess the foundation will keep them and find another way to distribute them.
2. Most of the people expect a sharp price drop after the giveaway (which is possible). But I have also learned that the majority is almost always wrong.

I agree, funny thing is, when everyone is afraid of a pricedrop and because of that not buying at the moment, the opposite could be true. Very probable, might be to see a bottom just before the 20% giveaway.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:53:52 AM

1. Not too sure about that. I would guess the foundation will keep them and find another way to distribute them.
2. Most of the people expect a sharp price drop after the giveaway (which is possible). But I have also learned that the majority is almost always wrong.

I agree, funny thing is, when everyone is afraid of a pricedrop and because of that not buying at the moment, the opposite could be true. Very probable, might be to see a bottom just before the 20% giveaway.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

People get paid early at Christmas, and they also spend far too much.  The need to liquidate to get some funds will be widespread.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:37:55 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 03:21:28 PM by coins101

Bitcoin program
20% of the initial stellars are set aside to be distributed to holders of bitcoin and XRP (19% for bitcoin holders and 1% for XRP holders).

We will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain at a particular date and will set up a claim page that will allow bitcoin holders to receive their pro-rata share of the stellars reserved under this program by verifying they control their address from that blockchain snapshot. For example, a user owning .001% of the bitcoins in the blockchain snapshot would receive .001% of the stellars set aside for bitcoin holders under this program, or 190,000 stellars.

For bitcoin holders, distribution will begin within 6 months after Stellar is open to the public. The Foundation will maintain this claim site for at least 3 months.

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/

Let me get this straight:

1. If a bitcoin holder wants to buy STR now, they shouldn't bother, they will get STR anyway. If they buy STR now, they will lose their free STR later and worse, the STR they buy now will be devalued by those getting free STR and dumping them.

2. Exchanges will end up with free STR and the actual owners of the BTC held by those exchanges won't see a single STR.

3. Satoshi could claim most of the 19% giveaway

Please tell me someone has thought this through and I'm being completely clueless about the carnage that is about to happen.

edit

looks like others think the price will collapse for an extended period

https://stellartalk.org/topic/6490-bitcoin-program-and-stellar-price/
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:31:07 AM

STR is heating up, I predict we're going back up to 2k by the end of the week...

I keep holding my STR till next year

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:29:45 PM

Let me guess, any unclaimed stellars under the bitcoin program a go back into the operational fund.....

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

Let me guess, any unclaimed stellars under the bitcoin program a go back into the operational fund.....

nope. it will be given away nevertheless.  check out their mandate at stellar.org.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 05:01:04 PM

downward pressure will begin again very soon with the giveaway...it lasts 2 months starting in January Smiley
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:27:36 PM

Here is the link to the mandate:

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/#Stellar_distribution
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

downward pressure will begin again very soon with the giveaway...it lasts 2 months starting in January Smiley

https://www.stellar.org/stats/

Total stellars 100,458,735,729
stellars given away 1,553,760,675

The amount of stellars given away is still only 1%+, there's a huge chance that the price will keep going up

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: