Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:04:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DoS Coin [X13] [5% PoS 3 months] [PoM] [Htl] [20 GH]  (Read 40631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:15:16 PM

My apologies to FryguyUK. Ok, maybe I was too mean. After dealing with the amount of FUD we get on URO thread being mean should be understandable Smiley

Anyways, I've seen the concerns about the price of DoScoin. Well, maybe listening to my idea for once might help with the problem.

I propose to have the attacked to put some amount of DoScoin into the blockchain in order to contract mitigators. This can be a fixed sum (ex. 1 DOS/Mbps/block) or can be calculated on some other basis. Each time a block is solved with a PoM, all participating mitigators get their share based on how much of the attack they mitigated. It's similar to bitcoin transaction fees being awarded to whoever solves the block. When the attacked runs out of DoScoins, he'll have to buy some more on the market, effectively keeping the price at a reasonable level. The coins will be actually backed by what defense against DDoS is worth to the business.

+100 to the above. It's a much better way of doing it.
Cryptourologist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:32:24 PM

My apologies to FryguyUK. Ok, maybe I was too mean. After dealing with the amount of FUD we get on URO thread being mean should be understandable Smiley

Anyways, I've seen the concerns about the price of DoScoin. Well, maybe listening to my idea for once might help with the problem.

I propose to have the attacked to put some amount of DoScoin into the blockchain in order to contract mitigators. This can be a fixed sum (ex. 1 DOS/Mbps/block) or can be calculated on some other basis. Each time a block is solved with a PoM, all participating mitigators get their share based on how much of the attack they mitigated. It's similar to bitcoin transaction fees being awarded to whoever solves the block. When the attacked runs out of DoScoins, he'll have to buy some more on the market, effectively keeping the price at a reasonable level. The coins will be actually backed by what defense against DDoS is worth to the business.

+100 to the above. It's a much better way of doing it.

Well, you're the dev. Please implement a simple model of mitigation fees in PoM and you'll make me a VERY happy DoScoin owner Smiley Since it's a new thing the model can be simple to start with and then you can polish it out through hard forks as more experience with the whole system comes in.

Edit: the final idea is to get the companies in need of mitigation compete for DoScoins on the market with their money while also having the mitigators compete for contracts by setting a competitive price in DoS/Mbps/block
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:08:02 AM

I think I will try and get a working version of this up on a test network. It would take maybe a week or two and a bit more to get it up.
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:21:03 AM

I think I will try and get a working version of this up on a test network. It would take maybe a week or two and a bit more to get it up.

No rush. Think, plan, develop a roadmap... watch the market price after you announce it Smiley

In the meanwhile I have a question for you. How can a node broadcast PoM when it's under a heavy DDoS attack?

Edit: seems doable only with dual ISP link... unless you got a better idea.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:34:41 AM

Well, that would mean i'd have to work with the businesses. Hmm. Let's find out a doable way.
Jerubbaal75

Activity: 81

Canadian Miner, eh! (ヅ

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:54:22 AM

You might find this quite interesting, real time data on different cyber attacks like ddos's country to country including ip's. No surprise China is #1 offender but some may shock you! It's truly mesmerizing to watch the graphical laser show of the online world attacking itself, and what your seeing is real time to boot!

http://d71xpfkmvd1d0.cloudfront.net/#

Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:02:04 AM

You might find this quite interesting, real time data on different cyber attacks like ddos's country to country including ip's. No surprise China is #1 offender but some may shock you! It's truly mesmerizing to watch the graphical laser show of the online world attacking itself, and what your seeing is real time to boot!

http://d71xpfkmvd1d0.cloudfront.net/#

Doesn't work for me, but Google's one does: http://www.digitalattackmap.com/
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:25:12 AM

I'm really liking the ideas coming from this coin. Solving a real world problem is a truly unique coin feature and I hope you can get a testnet implemented and some dev help if you need.  I would think that a qualified dev would love a chunk of that premine to help do the work if you need...coin will be worth a ton more with a proof of concept.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

15 satoshi is a pretty high price for this brand new coin.

I can see it falling to 1 satoshi is a few weeks.

Maybe you could buy a bunch of coins at 1 satoshi and use them to get other good people into the coin. Most likely they will just start their own coin though and leave you behind.

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

15 satoshi is a pretty high price for this brand new coin.

I can see it falling to 1 satoshi is a few weeks.

Maybe you could buy a bunch of coins at 1 satoshi and use them to get other good people into the coin. Most likely they will just start their own coin though and leave you behind.

I think you're thinking of the coins with billions in supply:

175 million doscoin in circulation out of 500 million (not sure if this incidentally includes the premine dev?)
take a high coin - BC with 75 million valued at 10000 satoshi (15th market cap) and a low one like Pinkcoin with 365 million in circ and valued 110 satoshi (71st market cap)

Doscoin is sat at 200th on the market cap chart, pretty cheap
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:05:44 PM

The DoScoin project is going to be on hold while I generate my own revenue and start up this coin myself. I'm going to fund the entire project myself and it's going to take awhile before a true launch. For now, I leave with one final update: There will be a testnet, but it won't be as the coin. I invite everyone to the beta in 2 months.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:50:03 PM

Huh?
stuffage1

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

Huh?

what are you doing?
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Holding up till my updates come in.
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:08:40 AM

The DoScoin project is going to be on hold while I generate my own revenue and start up this coin myself. I'm going to fund the entire project myself and it's going to take awhile before a true launch. For now, I leave with one final update: There will be a testnet, but it won't be as the coin. I invite everyone to the beta in 2 months.
Challenge accepted. Please PM me with more technical details like the types of the attacks being considered. After all, DDoS is not so much about bandwidth as it's about the technique. I don't really see how most of the attacks can be crowd-mitigated, but I'm ready to listen. I don't need layman's terms since I fell a victim for my first DoS (crashed my comp with an oversized ICMP packet. and yes, there was no "distributed" back in the day) and retaliated back with a better one (crashed the attacker's hardware firewall) in 1998. As for the funding, no need to take it all upon yourself. I'm not a millionaire (yet) and I only fund necessary expenses. Few BTC here and there won't be much difference to me as far as they're justified and, well, the whitepaper (doesn't have to be shrinkwrapped) looks right.
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:32:56 AM

No trust in DOScoin, now only 3 satoshi.

Grats.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:37:21 AM

Challenge accepted. Please PM me with more technical details like the types of the attacks being considered. After all, DDoS is not so much about bandwidth as it's about the technique. I don't really see how most of the attacks can be crowd-mitigated, but I'm ready to listen. I don't need layman's terms since I fell a victim for my first DoS (crashed my comp with an oversized ICMP packet. and yes, there was no "distributed" back in the day) and retaliated back with a better one (crashed the attacker's hardware firewall) in 1998. As for the funding, no need to take it all upon yourself. I'm not a millionaire (yet) and I only fund necessary expenses. Few BTC here and there won't be much difference to me as far as they're justified and, well, the whitepaper (doesn't have to be shrinkwrapped) looks right.

I would like you on the team! You seem to know your stuff.
Cryptourologist

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:12:28 AM

Thank you. However, I don't develop software anymore unless it has something to do with the true artificial intelligence (real self-learning virtual brain rather than preprogrammed bullshit people pass for AI). As the things stand right now I can be of help as a financial adviser, investor, and of course a security researcher. Let me know what you need.

PS: I don't need to get paid as the rise of DoScoin will be a payment of its own.
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:42:23 AM

Thank you. However, I don't develop software anymore unless it has something to do with the true artificial intelligence (real self-learning virtual brain rather than preprogrammed bullshit people pass for AI). As the things stand right now I can be of help as a financial adviser, investor, and of course a security researcher. Let me know what you need.

PS: I don't need to get paid as the rise of DoScoin will be a payment of its own.

Holy crap AI? That was my next project!!!!!
cindereynolds

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:57:52 AM

There's not going to be anything left in 2 months...glad I squandered all of my mining power on this...EPIC FUCKING FAIL.

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ PND bamboo muncher ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
                        PPtd7diYFaKzY11iqVV1xoy6MLLY6mg7Kq
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: