Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS BITCOIN A CIA PROJECT?  (Read 7988 times)
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 09:44:20 PM

This is one thing i love about anything to do with cryptography or encryption, tinfoil hats will come out of the woodwork and post interesting (albeit funny) things like this.

Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

Thank you CIA  Grin
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:48:23 PM

Gavin Andresen was invited to speak to the CIA in 2011. I doubt they would be asking him for infos if they had already invented and successfully initiated public adoption of BTC. It is obvious that BTC will be very useful for CIA operations, seeing as their jurisdiction is OUTSIDE the USA and funds often need to be moved across boarders covertly.

The problem with just about every single conspiracy theory out there is this; If it is such top-secret high-level operations that are supposed to take place without public knowledge, how come the most whacked out, idiotic, poor, dumb hillbillies are the ones that always uncover the "real story"? You would think that the weakest link in the chain would be the very last to figure out this shit. I guess there is some sort of info leak that flows directly through every trailer park and welfare office in America. Chemtrails are bullshit too (its called jet fuel exhaust). Sorry, Sol Adoni, but your paranoid babbling is unreadable claptrap.  

Oh, STFU. REALLY?? REALLY?!?!?
go back to /r/conspiratard circle jerk! If you think there are no conspiracies then you have gone FULL retard!

I love this btw
"Gavin Andresen was invited to speak to the CIA in 2011. I doubt they would be asking him for infos if they had already invented and successfully"

OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
you sir have to be the most gullible person ever!! How many Nigerian scams have you fallen for so far?

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:57:38 PM

~ https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21  Roll Eyes

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:00:58 PM

Haha,as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm now not going to dismiss this as a possibility entirely. I remember a few years back when some conspiracy theorists told everyone that our electronic devices were being used to spy on us. Everyone laughed at them and called them nutjobs who should remove their tinfoil hats. They were actually correct and no one would have even know the extent that we were being spied on by our own government if we didn't have Snowden. So,yeah,who knows?

What if Snowden is a paid shill/tinfoil hat conspiracy to fool us into thinking the 'evil' Gov't has the power to spy on us with "insanely powerful electronic devices"?  Shocked

LOL.. yea mmmkay
Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:14:05 PM

Well also if Satoshi was working with the CIA regulation would be much more easier lol.
Pretty much Satoshi knew where this was going and decided he didn't want to work out all those regulatory kinks in 2011 before this began lol.
This would not be true if the CIA did not tell others of their involvement. In theory the CIA could be trying to track criminals and terrorists when they convert their bitcoin into fiat via AML regulations.

I would however doubt this as it gives criminals and terrorists too many opportunities to do bad things.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:04:50 AM

Haha,as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm now not going to dismiss this as a possibility entirely. I remember a few years back when some conspiracy theorists told everyone that our electronic devices were being used to spy on us. Everyone laughed at them and called them nutjobs who should remove their tinfoil hats. They were actually correct and no one would have even know the extent that we were being spied on by our own government if we didn't have Snowden. So,yeah,who knows?

What if Snowden is a paid shill/tinfoil hat conspiracy to fool us into thinking the 'evil' Gov't has the power to spy on us with "insanely powerful electronic devices"?  Shocked

LOL.. yea mmmkay

So you are saying that Snowden is 'legit' and everything (or almost everything) he says is true?

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:11:51 AM

Gavin Andresen was invited to speak to the CIA in 2011. I doubt they would be asking him for infos if they had already invented and successfully initiated public adoption of BTC. It is obvious that BTC will be very useful for CIA operations, seeing as their jurisdiction is OUTSIDE the USA and funds often need to be moved across boarders covertly.

The problem with just about every single conspiracy theory out there is this; If it is such top-secret high-level operations that are supposed to take place without public knowledge, how come the most whacked out, idiotic, poor, dumb hillbillies are the ones that always uncover the "real story"? You would think that the weakest link in the chain would be the very last to figure out this shit. I guess there is some sort of info leak that flows directly through every trailer park and welfare office in America. Chemtrails are bullshit too (its called jet fuel exhaust). Sorry, Sol Adoni, but your paranoid babbling is unreadable claptrap.   

When was he invited to speak to the CIA? Is there an article/link you can show me? Not doubting you, I'm just interested.
I am not sure when he was invited, but IIRC he actually spoke to the CIA right around the time that Satochi stopped being part of the Bitcoin project.

I would seriously doubt that Bitcoin is a CIA project as the protocol is open source and no one has made any specific accusations about the source code that the CIA could somehow use to their advantage. 

Thing is, everyone here says CIA/Government would make something to use to their advantage, what if they simply made it for the future? They open-sourced it so that more people could improve upon it and make the currencies of the future..
mnmShadyBTC

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:37:42 AM

When was he invited to speak to the CIA? Is there an article/link you can show me? Not doubting you, I'm just interested.
I am not sure when he was invited, but IIRC he actually spoke to the CIA right around the time that Satochi stopped being part of the Bitcoin project.

I would seriously doubt that Bitcoin is a CIA project as the protocol is open source and no one has made any specific accusations about the source code that the CIA could somehow use to their advantage. 

Thing is, everyone here says CIA/Government would make something to use to their advantage, what if they simply made it for the future? They open-sourced it so that more people could improve upon it and make the currencies of the future..
How would having "the currency of the future" help in any way the CIA or the government? If anything it would hurt it as it will ultimately lead to less tax revenue.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 HAS LAUNCHED @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:46:20 AM

How would having "the currency of the future" help in any way the CIA or the government? If anything it would hurt it as it will ultimately lead to less tax revenue.

As other users have pointed out. BTC already has regulation and will be gaining far more, especially strict ones in New York atm. Exchanges will be regulated further and already have been, and the government knows this.

There are already programs that can/will be able to track all the addresses of the bitcoin blockchain and what addresses send what to which address etc, like a tree. Then once bitcoins are sent to a known exchange address(since exchanges will be regulated), then they will know who is behind the address, so leading to less tax revenue might happen at first, but later on it wont.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:04:11 AM

As other users have pointed out. BTC already has regulation and will be gaining far more, especially strict ones in New York atm. Exchanges will be regulated further and already have been, and the government knows this.

There are already programs that can/will be able to track all the addresses of the bitcoin blockchain and what addresses send what to which address etc, like a tree. Then once bitcoins are sent to a known exchange address(since exchanges will be regulated), then they will know who is behind the address, so leading to less tax revenue might happen at first, but later on it wont.

with regard to tax...it works with fiat because it is nationalized.... i see no true viable means of taxing bitcoin because it is global. even U.S citizens can open an account with an offshore exchange.. how then will the gov know about these activities?
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:07:31 AM

STOP THE QUOTE PYRAMID
with regard to tax...it works with fiat because it is nationalized.... i see no true viable means of taxing bitcoin because it is global. even U.S citizens can open an account with an offshore exchange.. how then will the gov know about these activities?
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Bitcoin is really based around liberty, and taxes and such don't exactly fit with the state's plans, or most conspiracies, so there are issues with Bitcoin being even considerable as a CIA project.
rapeghost

Activity: 419

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:08:17 AM

obviously yes.

the cia created bitcoin for free hashing power to crack a secret crypto used by non friendly nations.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:05:41 AM

There was actually another news article posted about this recently...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-suspected-nsa-cia-project-080715070.html#vcgTvqc

In there it states that Nakamoto translates to "Central Intelligence" in Japanese...

People are able to come up with conspiracies about anything...
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:46:16 AM

There was actually another news article posted about this recently...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-suspected-nsa-cia-project-080715070.html#vcgTvqc

In there it states that Nakamoto translates to "Central Intelligence" in Japanese...

People are able to come up with conspiracies about anything...

This is the same badly written piece of junk discussed in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731321.0;all

The CIA Project, referred to as a group, is actually one man who likes to pretend he has followers. See the member count at the bottom of this page:

http://www.ciaproject.org/forum/

He has been busy with similar deceit on this forum lately under the username "adoni" and several others.

As for the "journalist" of the above article, I can't decide if he's really that bad at his job, or if he's been paid to spout this garbage. Whichever, he should be ashamed, and probably fired.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:11:27 PM

Spook1:  what name should we use to publish this paper?
Spook2:  what if we translate CIA into Japanese?
Spook1:  that would be funny, OK let's do it.

That is what is proposed?   Roll Eyes

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:22:57 PM

Spook1:  what name should we use to publish this paper?
Spook2:  what if we translate CIA into Japanese?
Spook1:  that would be funny, OK let's do it.

That is what is proposed?   Roll Eyes

Yeh and then getting the whole translation wrong in the process, as satoshi nakamoto does not mean Central Intelligence agency.. lol I cannot believe this topic is still active around... dam trolls are everywhere

3 threads on the front page of the forum, talking about the CIA BS--- 1 was deleted. Now 2 are left!.. arghh
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:25:08 PM

The all caps title steers me off right away, and at least add some proper discussion. Anyways, link to the direct article instead of reddit: http://soladoni.com/bitcoin-transaction-fees-problem/

Yeah, it doesn't look very well researched at all. Those conspiracy theories are most likely bogus. I don't even get why they would want to do such a project that could potentially enable people to anonymously transact money! If they wanted to spy on you, this doesn't make sense!

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:23:48 PM

obviously yes.

the cia created bitcoin for free hashing power to crack a secret crypto used by non friendly nations.

This would make sense except that SHA-256 is not very good for keeping what you are saying secret, but rather to ensure that what is said was in fact said by a certain person. If the another country used this type of encryption then it would be very easy to tell what is being said.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:29:30 PM

There should really be restrictions on who can use the Internet.

Whoever believes these things that are so obviously made by him - deserves to be in the C.I.A.

He's a rambling mad-man, mates, conspiracy theories. Bitcoin is so obviously created by the Iluminatiests and Anonymoose. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: