Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:39:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you store >100 Bitcoins?  (Read 42306 times)
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

Store these in multiple wallets. That is the only way to be safe and secure. Also don't forget to use a proper licensed version of any internet security package. This way you can increase the safety of your bitcoin.

Use hardware wallet and store a good amount of bitcoin there. Then use multiple online wallets like coinbase and blockchain. Store little amount in these two wallets. Remember, the more you diversify, the more safer your bitcoin will be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 05:46:37 PM

Probably the solution would be to store the coins in the multiple different wallets. The worst decision would be to keep bitcoins just in one place. And not to use online wallets.
But I guess I will never have such big amount of bitcoins, although I want to, so I will be not having such problems.  Grin
It is better storing Bitcoins in other wallet than storing Bitcoin in paper wallet. You can print your Bitcoin on simple paper and than laminate that paper for safety or you can put that in bank locker if you have lot of Bitcoins.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:13:13 AM

Store these in multiple wallets. That is the only way to be safe and secure. Also don't forget to use a proper licensed version of any internet security package. This way you can increase the safety of your bitcoin.

Use hardware wallet and store a good amount of bitcoin there. Then use multiple online wallets like coinbase and blockchain. Store little amount in these two wallets. Remember, the more you diversify, the more safer your bitcoin will be.

The more you diversify, the more chance you will get locked out of your own coins....

I would keep it as simple as possible because I once forgot the password to a wallet with ~3000 btc in it....
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:38:51 AM

The more you diversify, the more chance you will get locked out of your own coins....

I would keep it as simple as possible because I once forgot the password to a wallet with ~3000 btc in it....

I can't believe. Whether you mistakenly quoted bitcoin worth 3000$ or 3000 btc. That seems a very big value to be lost, these days with several security advancements I believe even lost password can be retrieved. Diversifying and holding into different wallet seems good than placing a big value together, though hacking is impossible but if hacked too losses can be reduced.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:44:38 AM

I can't believe. Whether you mistakenly quoted bitcoin worth 3000$ or 3000 btc. That seems a very big value to be lost, these days with several security advancements I believe even lost password can be retrieved. Diversifying and holding into different wallet seems good than placing a big value together, though hacking is impossible but if hacked too losses can be reduced.

No it was 3000 bitcoins... Not $
I remembered the password after a couple of stressful  days   in 2013...

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:07:31 AM

Definitely use an offline wallet. I would not trust any significant amounts to an exchange or online wallet. There are too many scams out there to trust anyone.
Darwintas

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:30:19 AM

I would honestly safe it in a paper wallet offline so its good secured and cannot simply get stolen by someone.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:00:03 AM

I would honestly safe it in a paper wallet offline so its good secured and cannot simply get stolen by someone.

Paper wallets can actually be stolen and they can be burnt, they are not waterproof, fireproof, not anything proof really. If you are just getting your private key down on something offline then I suggest cryptosteel. Doesn't even need to be printed and cannot be rigged. And fireproof, waterproof, rustproof as well. If you use that with a Trezor I think that is the maximum convenience + security available on the market right now.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:53:19 AM

every 5 or 10BTC ... use a new wallet.
i do this.

when you pay ... seller don't know if you have more than 5 or 10 BTC.

That would be very painsome, to manage 20x 5 BTC segements of wallets.

Besides the same way you created 1 wallet that can be stolen or hacked, all wallets can.

So unless you purchase 20 different computers and store it offline, then its a shitty method.

Why not just write it down on paper, and hide the paper in a plastic container under your sink, nobody will look for it there.

johnnyyash

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:48:17 AM

every 5 or 10BTC ... use a new wallet.
i do this.

when you pay ... seller don't know if you have more than 5 or 10 BTC.

I should do this.

Same apply to me too.... I will it out and do this
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:43:31 PM

Split them into differents offline wallet, and when you need to spend them, send bitcoins from offline wallet to an online one, and use them.
Yes that is right, offline wallet is secure enough. If he has a good spec of computer, he should use bitcoin wallet with full sync client. The advantages is we will have all transaction data in bitcoin network, help to secure bitcoin network and this is the most secure one wallet also the privacy is really good too.
yes most of the online wallets are secure and  good protected, but still you need to store your bitcoin in different wallet, as there is always chances to lose your wallet key and then you will lost your bitcoin present in that wallet.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Invincible

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:08:34 PM

is anybody using a darkwallet?
albama

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:27:26 PM

Not that I have that many (I wish!), but how would you store >100 Bitcoins? The easy answer is just to say "create 1 offline/cold wallet and put them all in". But what about risk management? IE how do you store a very large value of coins while managing risk against hackers, forgetting passwords, the obvious need for at least 1 hot wallet, portability, easy of use, house fires, EMP bomb's (lol), or if a foreigner had to flee a country while taking no assets etc etc.

I'm looking for real responses and ideas. Please keep the trolling to a minimum Tongue

I always say that you must download bitcoin wallet to store bitcoins in private address it's the same as cold storage, guy.
If you have more 100 bitcoins, you should use cold wallet. it's safer than hot wallet.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:48:43 PM

Not that I have that many (I wish!), but how would you store >100 Bitcoins? The easy answer is just to say "create 1 offline/cold wallet and put them all in". But what about risk management? IE how do you store a very large value of coins while managing risk against hackers, forgetting passwords, the obvious need for at least 1 hot wallet, portability, easy of use, house fires, EMP bomb's (lol), or if a foreigner had to flee a country while taking no assets etc etc.

I'm looking for real responses and ideas. Please keep the trolling to a minimum Tongue

I always say that you must download bitcoin wallet to store bitcoins in private address it's the same as cold storage, guy.
If you have more 100 bitcoins, you should use cold wallet. it's safer than hot wallet.

Write it down to paper, and put it in the fridge.

But seriously, you should use cold wallet for even >5BTC, because it's not like a thief would not steal 5 BTC if he would have the opportunity.

Better keep all your money safe, not just the big money , but even the small one.

People dont deserve to get rich if they cant respect smaller funds.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:25:09 PM

No, it most certainly is not.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:54:46 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 01:59:09 PM by mrbigmugs

Probably the solution would be to store the coins in the multiple different wallets. The worst decision would be to keep bitcoins just in one place. And not to use online wallets.
But I guess I will never have such big amount of bitcoins, although I want to, so I will be not having such problems.  Grin
if you select a trusted wallet for yourself and keep your money there. although blockchain, is a secured and trusted wallet but still if you keep your money in different wallets and not select a single one then it will be really good for you. through this way you can secure more your bitcoins.

GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:01:21 PM

No, it most certainly is not.

Online and offline wallets differ heavily when speaking in terms of security.
HashBTC

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 11:11:21 PM

many offline wallets

Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 501

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:18:20 PM

Storing as much as BTC100 in a single wallet is not a good idea. If I had BTC100 with me, then I would split them in to ten different wallets than storing all of them in a single wallet.

http://www.coinmotion.com

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:03:54 AM

Always usse different different wallets of different private keys to store ur bitcoins .it is the best as it will not create people s attention and u l be able to save it for a long future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: