Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanction against Russia for West-choreographed conflict in Ukraine  (Read 29979 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:28:51 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 12:42:49 PM by Nemo1024

And the latest development in sanctions yapping:

Australia imposes new round of sanctions against Russia
http://rt.com/business/184180-australia-new-sanctions-russia/

The Australian government on Monday unveiled further sanctions against Russian oil and gas, financial and defense sectors, bringing Canberra in line with the European Union.

Under the new sanctions there will be no new arms exports and no new exports for the oil and gas industry, Prime Minister Tony Abbott told the Australian parliament.

In addition, Russian state-run banks are not allowed new access to Australian capital markets and there will be no new trade and investment in Crimea.

So, yeah, let Australia punish Crimeans for their democratic choice. Democracy has no place in the Western world and must be eradicated at all cost.

UK seeking to bar Russia from using SWIFT banking network – report
http://rt.com/business/183780-uk-eu-swift-ban/

The British government will press other European nations at a meeting in Brussels on Saturday to block Russia from using the SWIFT banking network, Bloomberg reported, in what could be a dramatic expansion of sanctions.

Ah, the hand of London. Again.

Sanctions are of no concern at glittering 2014 Moscow car show
http://rt.com/business/183716-moscow-car-show-sanctions/

In other news:

Putin breaks ground on Russia-China gas pipeline, world's biggest
http://rt.com/business/184176-russia-china-gas-siberian-power/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:03:09 PM

Belgium* has agreed to impose new sanctions against Russia:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409741500

I guess it has something to do with Putin urging the freedom fighters to move to peace talks and the Belgians* (with their London/Washington handlers) not wishing to have peace in Ukraine.

Italian business blames Belgium for destroying cooperation with Russia:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409741026

*Following niothor's insistence on mixing Soviet Union with Russia, and calling all former SU citizens for Russians, I use the term Belgians for all EU citizens, while EU is henceforth known as just Belgium.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:42:31 PM

Belgium* has agreed to impose new sanctions against Russia:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409741500

I guess it has something to do with Putin urging the freedom fighters to move to peace talks and the Belgians* (with their London/Washington handlers) not wishing to have peace in Ukraine.

Italian business blames Belgium for destroying cooperation with Russia:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409741026

*Following niothor's insistence on mixing Soviet Union with Russia, and calling all former SU citizens for Russians, I use the term Belgians for all EU citizens, while EU is henceforth known as just Belgium.

You know , there are lots of people who want the whole EU to resemble Belgium and to be called Belgians.
I will take it as a compliment Wink

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:46:42 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:32:20 PM by Nemo1024

You know , there are lots of people who want the whole EU to resemble Belgium and to be called Belgians.
I will take it as a compliment Wink

And then there is the "the rudest word in the Universe"... Wink
We also call it here the most polluted country of EU.

PS: By the way, it's interesting that you took my remark to mean something derogatory, and responded defensively, whereas I mentioned it as an example of an unreasonable generalisations. Take an example: If, say, some Romanian higher-ups do something stupid, but later during the course of history Belgians are blamed for it, those Belgians might get offended. Also, for example, it is highly misleading to say that that for example Belgium borders Russia, just as it is misleading to say that Russia (meaning USSR) bordered Romania.

PSS: Besides, Belgians proper have approximately the same influence on the running of EU as Russians proper had on the running of USSR, i.e. - very little.

My point is: use consistently correct terminology, unless of course, your agenda is to demonise Russia and promote Russophbia, in which case carry on.

Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

UK says new Russian sanctions could be lifted if ceasefire holds
http://rt.com/news/185344-uk-russia-sanctions-hammond/

It does still sound comical. The ceasefire holds between two other parties, yet Russia's "fate" depends on whether the US puppet in Kiev, known as Poroshenko will keep his word (judging by previous actions, the chance is not great).

Translating this conflict to a more personal level, if your neighbour and his wife are fighting, you can be arrested by the police and jailed for it.  Grin

And France has bent down too (at least at the political top):

P.S. While this is happening in Asia and Russia, France has announced that they have suspended the delivery of the first two Mistral helicopter carriers to Russia over Ukraine. Of course, who would have doubted they would be pressured by the US and EU! It will be a huge financial loss for France, although of course they will try to wait it out, hoping the tide changes and they can still fulfil the contract.

I sympathise with France and even with Hollande, although I think France deserves better. But – well – where is Charles De Gaulle, with his courage and independent policies, when you need him? The pressure is enormous, and unfortunately, it will continue, as I said in my many previous articles. Can’t give you any good news here – sorry. The pressure/threats/arm twisting/scare tactics against individual EU countries that attempt to do business and be friendly to Russia will continue until the people of Europe decide that enough is enough and muster their courage to stop being a US colony.

A new comment left by the FuturisTrendcast reader from France in PREDICTIONS: “Now unfortunately my government is a US lap dog too but fortunately my compatriots are not. I was amazed to see how many of them understand the US game and recognize its falsehoods. I really hope that the time you said Russia needs to buy, will bring us justice! Pls. let’s avoid a Worldwar III for the sake of our children and other beloved ones! By the way; the Sochi Olympics were great; everything progressed so smoothly!”
From: http://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/predictions-coming-true-russia-pivots-to-asia-putin-goes-to-mongolia-and-opens-power-of-siberia-pipeline-to-china/

Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:59:55 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 05:10:36 PM by Nemo1024

Overt aggression from USA against Russia continues:

Obama: We are readying new sanctions on Russia despite peace agreement in Ukraine
http://rt.com/usa/185460-obama-readying-sanctions-russia-peace/

“Obviously we are hopeful,” Obama said of the ceasefire, “but based on past experience, also skeptical that, in fact, the separatists will follow through and the Russians will stop violating Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

“Pro-Russian separatists must keep their commitments,” Obama told the crowd.

Obviously Ukrainian state terrorists and the North-Atlantic Terrorist Organisation members are not bound to keep their promises and can violate them at any moment, just like they did during every previous peace initiative coming from the East..

And Russia even not a part in this conflict.

Still this is too good to be true for Russia. Wonder if Putin asked Obama to continue with sanctions so as to have a pretext to modernise Russia.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:48:27 PM

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:37:29 PM

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:09:03 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 12:35:03 AM by Kluge

I incidentally watched Obama talking shit about Putin earlier today. It's nice he's trying to pretend he has a backbone.... would be nice if he had any kind of passion in uttering the words he reads from his prepared speech, no matter what he's saying. He drawled on... something like "uhhh, it's time we teach Russia there are consequences for your actions." Roll Eyes OTOH, Western media is making a joke of the Russian soldiers who were "taking a vacation and got lost, ending up over borders in Ukraine," which is probably justified. Both sides are pretty tiring to listen to, frankly. Would be nice if we could each attend to our own affairs and say and do absolutely nothing about anything outside our borders, given, last I checked, the USG claims ownership over the US and the Russian government claims ownership over Russia.

Is Obama genuinely concerned by a Putin-led NWO? Why not instead focus on being more friendly with Maduro? Closer to the mainland and there's much more the USG can offer Venezuela over the almost-entirely-self-sufficient Russia. Give them a couple $billion/year in "aid," offer generous trade agreements, and put the past behind, then quit worrying about Russia entirely. Venezuela will be a key player in the future, I'd guess.... very well-socialized, with generous education budget. They aren't the next China, but they have the resources we're so desperate for, and in good quantity.

ETA: I don't mean to suggest Venezuela is some grand partner, but they're small enough to be controlled - and if it takes massive bribes, who cares? It's an unfortunate people in a government which should be brought down, but it seems our best chance would be to co-opt with honesty and a respect toward its people which even Maduro is impressed by and takes as genuine. Venezuelan government treats their people and industry like shit. They tax them to death and threaten with nationalization. -So let's give them enough money to quit that authoritarian horseshit and build a positive relationship with major petro country on our own continent. If someone's concerned about Russia and the EU, it should be Russia and the EU. Ain't our problem and there's no reason for it to be. Russian economy, unlike their military, isn't that big, and we can match their exports with friends we can make to our South. I'm pretty sure democracy is spread more effectively by empowering people, not threatening to shoot and sanction them.

-And as an aside, the US already is an extremely major trade partner with Venezuela, so we really only lack the bribery and genuine concern for the people of Venezuela, I'd guess. What the Hell are we doing in Eurasia?
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:17:07 AM

USG doesn't care about resources too much, they're able to buy it.

What the Hell are we doing in Eurasia?
Idiotic attempts to keep unipolar world in order to prevent any possibility of competition.
Rassah
Legendary

Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:34:16 AM

There is an accurate comparison to the sanctions situation:

US and European sanctions against Russia can be compared to a terrorist (US/EU leaders) aboard on an airplane that stands firmly in the ground brandishing a grenade and demanding that the pilot (Russia) lands the plane, while the pilot tries to calmly tell the terrorist that the plane is already landed and there is no reason to kill everyone on board (Europe).

And a joke that I read recently:
- The West was saying that Russia is the gas station of Europe, but it turns out that it's Europe that is the farm of Russia.

But you yourself said that the Russians fighting in Ukraine are volunteers. So are there Russian volunteers fighting in Russia, and should Russia condemn their citizens for fighting another country's army, or not?

And the latest development in sanctions yapping:

Australia imposes new round of sanctions against Russia
http://rt.com/business/184180-australia-new-sanctions-russia/

The Australian government on Monday unveiled further sanctions against Russian oil and gas, financial and defense sectors, bringing Canberra in line with the European Union.

Under the new sanctions there will be no new arms exports and no new exports for the oil and gas industry, Prime Minister Tony Abbott told the Australian parliament.

In addition, Russian state-run banks are not allowed new access to Australian capital markets and there will be no new trade and investment in Crimea.

So, yeah, let Australia punish Crimeans for their democratic choice. Democracy has no place in the Western world and must be eradicated at all cost.

They are not punishing Crimeans, they are punishing Russia, whom Crimeans decided to side with. If Crimeans don't want to be sanctioned, they can easily democratically distance themselves from Russia and declare themselves as an independent state.

More and more of the world is catching on to Russian lies.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:16:09 AM

They are not punishing Crimeans, they are punishing Russia, whom Crimeans decided to side with. If Crimeans don't want to be sanctioned, they can easily democratically distance themselves from Russia and declare themselves as an independent state.

Lol... you are funny. The sanctions are not having any effects at all on Crimea. And no amount of blackmail tactics can get Crimeans to back the Kiev fascists. If you think that a few useless sanctions will take Crimea away from Russia, then you are delusional. Stop day dreaming and get used to the fact that Crimea is (irreversibly) a part of Russia.
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:13:22 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 11:49:47 AM by Nemo1024

Medvedev: If EU approves new sanctions (I think this will be counter-counter-sanctions), then Russia will be forced to reply asymmetrically and close its airspace (counter-counter-counter-sanctions):
http://www.aif.ru/money/economy/1332908
English: http://rt.com/business/185924-sanctions-eu-oil-airspace-medvedev/

“We could impose transport restrictions,” Medvedev said, adding, "We believe we have friendly relations with our partners, and foreign airlines of friendly countries are permitted to fly over Russia. However, we’ll have to respond to any restrictions imposed on us," the prime minister said.

After sanctions hit Aeroflot’s low-cost subsidiary Dobrolet in late July, Medvedev discussed with ministers the possibility of limiting, of even completely blocking, European flights to Asia that overfly Russia.

“If Western carriers have to bypass our airspace, this could drive many struggling airlines into bankruptcy. This is not the way to go. We just hope our partners realize this at some point,” he told Vedomosti.

Flying over Russian airspace saves Western airlines headed to Asia at least 4 hours of flight time, which adds up to about $30,000 per flight.

Lufthansa said it could potentially lose more than €1 billion in three months if it does not use Russian airspace.

“Sanctions are always a double-edged sword. Ultimately they end up backfiring and end up hurting those who are first to impose restrictions,” Medvedev said.

It comes in the wake of this:
http://rt.com/business/185504-gazprom-sanctions-eu-ban/

Moscow has already promised it will respond to the new round of sanctions if they are approved and imposed, according to a press release issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry on Saturday

“Instead of feverishly looking for ways of hitting harder the economies of its member-states and Russia, the EU would do better to start supporting the economic revival of the Donbass region and restoring normal life there,” the press release reads.

No chance. EU (read USA/UK) need death and destruction in the East of Ukraine. The more Russian people are killed there the better in the EU books.

Also, if Ukraine shuts off electricity to Crimea, then Russia will be forced to symmetrically shut off electricity deliveries to Ukraine.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:20:03 PM

And how much money will aerflot lose out of this ban?
No numbers?

Hmm , I remember writing about this...

So the Russians want to ban flight over Siberia.  Good...

National carrier Aeroflot on Thursday reported a net loss of 1.9 billion rubles ($52 million) for the first six months of the year as tensions between Moscow and the West coupled with a slowing economy deter Russians from traveling abroad.

Add here the 200 millions it gets from those flight that will go to 0 and there we have it. Each russian will will have to pay this loss out of their pockets.Wink.

Aeroflot collects royalties from foreign carriers for Siberian overflights, receiving about $170 million in 2013, according to Irina Stupachenko, an analyst at Otkritie Capital in Moscow. Stupachenko said any restrictions would be “very negative” for the airline, for which the royalty payments are equal to 18 percent of full-year earnings.

And , even funnier for the untouchable Russian economy

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/medvedev-supports-huge-aid-package-for-sanctions-struck-rosneft/506586.html

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said that the state oil champion Rosneft, in need of funds to service its huge debt, may receive 1.5 trillion rubles ($40.6 billion) from state coffers over time, the Vedomosti newspaper said Monday.

From where.... National Welfare Fund? Wink

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:00:37 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 05:32:22 PM by Rassah

Lol... you are funny. The sanctions are not having any effects at all on Crimea.

Then why did you guys say they are punishing Crimea?

And no amount of blackmail tactics can get Crimeans to back the Kiev fascists.

The fact that there are no fascists in Kiev aside, I didn't say they must go back to Ukraine. Note the last part of my post: "they can easily democratically distance themselves from Russia and declare themselves as an independent state.

Stop day dreaming and get used to the fact that Crimea is (irreversibly) a part of Russia.

I wonder if that's the same as the 14 Soviet Republics used to be irreversible parts of Russia (which proved reversible once people living there have had enough).
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:29:51 PM

Medvedev: If EU approves new sanctions (I think this will be counter-counter-sanctions), then Russia will be forced to reply asymmetrically and close its airspace (counter-counter-counter-sanctions):
http://www.aif.ru/money/economy/1332908
English: http://rt.com/business/185924-sanctions-eu-oil-airspace-medvedev/

“We could impose transport restrictions,” Medvedev said, adding, "We believe we have friendly relations with our partners, and foreign airlines of friendly countries are permitted to fly over Russia. However, we’ll have to respond to any restrictions imposed on us," the prime minister said.

After sanctions hit Aeroflot’s low-cost subsidiary Dobrolet in late July, Medvedev discussed with ministers the possibility of limiting, of even completely blocking, European flights to Asia that overfly Russia.

“If Western carriers have to bypass our airspace, this could drive many struggling airlines into bankruptcy. This is not the way to go. We just hope our partners realize this at some point,” he told Vedomosti.

Flying over Russian airspace saves Western airlines headed to Asia at least 4 hours of flight time, which adds up to about $30,000 per flight.

Lufthansa said it could potentially lose more than €1 billion in three months if it does not use Russian airspace.

“Sanctions are always a double-edged sword. Ultimately they end up backfiring and end up hurting those who are first to impose restrictions,” Medvedev said.

So... if EU airliners ignore the airspace restrictions, Russia will do... what exactly? Shoot down civilian planes?
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:00:50 PM

So... if EU airliners ignore the airspace restrictions, Russia will do... what exactly? Shoot down civilian planes?
They will act according to the standard protocol defined by Chicago Convention (1944).

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:16:56 AM

They will act according to the standard protocol defined by Chicago Convention (1944).

*Readreadreads* Ah, so the MH17 approach. OK (since when does Russia keep agreements and treaties?)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

If a civilian airline does not get the permission to enter Russian airspace, then they will not risk the lives of civilians by forcibly entering it. Even if they are pressured by the European or American authorities I doubt they will take that risk. In case the flight is shot down, then the airline will be primarily responsible for the incident.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:29:50 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 05:41:47 PM by Balthazar

If a civilian airline does not get the permission to enter Russian airspace, then they will not risk the lives of civilians by forcibly entering it. Even if they are pressured by the European or American authorities I doubt they will take that risk. In case the flight is shot down, then the airline will be primarily responsible for the incident.
That's not quite right. A standard procedure includes three requests to change the course, and request about the current situation. In case of emergency situation, for example, nothing will happen to plane. Otherwise this plane could be intercepted and then detained for a proper investigation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: