Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.2 FEE!!!! ? am i missing something?  (Read 12001 times)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:32:36 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your mistake. But you have to calm down, and learn a bit, because people are trying to help you.

The 0.2 fee went to a mining pool that mined the block your transaction was included in. However they don't make their identity public - so that's why people are telling you try Bitfury or email someone else.

The mining pools are not obligated to do anything, but I have seen them send a refund for erroneous large tx fees in the past. Way larger than 0.2 BTC.  

You should drop them a line, let them know you made an error and see what happens.

Bottom line: you need to accept more responsibility for your funds if you are going to use bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:43:38 AM

What, 0.2 fee. i bet it's confirmed in instant  Grin
i think you wrong set fee size, 0.0001 - 0.0005 is enough

You should be careful next time. i think it's very hard to get 0.2 back

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:27:36 AM

This is a really unfortunate mistake... They should have sanity checks for such things in the client OP was using....

Well ... it will always the problem with "virtual" wallet (mtgox ?).
That why bitcoin core exist, too... not only for server and node features but for wallet managment, too.
No.
Again.

It's totally unrelated.
Stop spreading FUD.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:06:24 AM

Did you OP get reply from BitFury already?
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:15:44 AM

No, he's just trolling you.
He came here, got loads of advices, did nothing.
If he walks like a troll and talks like a troll... I'd say it's a troll.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
DubFX

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

I think he claimed that he sent them e-mail, no?
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:51:17 AM

[img ]http://Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 10.59.21 AM[ /img]

hahaha

I wanna say nice try, but not even that.
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:17:05 AM

I think he claimed that he sent them e-mail, no?

He said that he has sent email to Bitfury and now we are waiting. I hope they will reply to him and that he will tell us what's the situation.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

It is useless writing such mails to Bitfury. This has happened to several people, and even here in bitcointalk there are several threads of this type. Some of them had written to organizations such as BitFury, but as far as I know, none of them have ever got any money back.
DubFX

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:00:32 PM

It is useless writing such mails to Bitfury. This has happened to several people, and even here in bitcointalk there are several threads of this type. Some of them had written to organizations such as BitFury, but as far as I know, none of them have ever got any money back.
From what i've seen the people mostly got their money back, but i've only heard about bigger ammounts like 10s-100s of coins.
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

Looks like you have paid 0.2 BTC fee. Idk what to say about that. That's why I always manually input fee amount. I feel sorry for you.
i think, it must 0.2mbtc. is as hard to believe
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:42:42 PM

This page is filled with people posting without reading the fucking thread first.  Yes, he sent an email to the miner. Yes, he got a response.  Now read the thread before posting the same shit over and over.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BTCewdquestion (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

This page is filled with people posting without reading the fucking thread first.  Yes, he sent an email to the miner. Yes, he got a response.  Now read the thread before posting the same shit over and over.

EDIT… Yes i sent the email to the miner. NO i have not received a response of any kind. This was last night before bed. And still nothing.

And FYI the word TROLL is getting very old, if you do not like people posting on forums then go play in the dirt… SOB's

And thank you for those who 'get it'
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:53:02 PM

This page is filled with people posting without reading the fucking thread first.  Yes, he sent an email to the miner. Yes, he got a response.  Now read the thread before posting the same shit over and over.

EDIT… Yes i sent the email to the miner. NO i have not received a response of any kind. This was last night before bed. And still nothing.

And FYI the word TROLL is getting very old, if you do not like people posting on forums then go play in the dirt… SOB's

And thank you for those who 'get it'

I am really sorry this happened to you. We all make a few mistakes when we are new to bit coin. These lessons get expensive for sure but we tend to not make the same ones twice.

dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:09:42 PM

This page is filled with people posting without reading the fucking thread first.  Yes, he sent an email to the miner. Yes, he got a response.  Now read the thread before posting the same shit over and over.

Well, you should read this thread again because he didn't get any response yet from Bitfury.
davida

Activity: 585

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:25:36 PM

I almost made the same mistake using blockchain.info when sending a custom payment, the layout isn't very clear.  It was obvious when i double checked but if I hadn't I could have done exactly same thing.

Take a look at what I'm talking about, in the custom send tab, the fee box is a lot more central than the amount box, I personally would have had them the other way around, more clarity is needed!!!
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:36:43 PM

Something almost identical to that of OP's situation has happened before. In May 2014, someone accidentally reversed the amount and transaction fee fields while sending from a Blockchain.info wallet. He ended up sending 0.0003 BTC with a fee of 2.8 BTC:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602152.0

The pool that mined the block which contained that fee was GHash.IO. After contacting them, he was able to get a full refund. So whether or not OP can get his 0.2 BTC back depends on identifying the pool which mined it and asking them for a refund.

and how do i track down miner and get them to communicate back to me?

Have you contacted coinkite with a signed message as prove that you sent the transaction? That is pretty much all you can do at that point.

who is or are coinkite and who is bitfury?

BitFury is a mining farm. Coinkite makes Bitcoin payment equipment. I don't think the two are related.

I believe he did send a email to BitFury but I'm not sure if the mining pool that mined that block is indeed them since Blockchain.info says that someone or something called "Unknown with 1AcAj9p Address" mined that block. He is still waiting for a response from BitFury.

He did send an email to Blockchain.info however and received a reply (see further up the thread), but since Bitcoin transactions and their associated fees are irreversible, it's not like they can do anything about it.
yibit

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:48:03 PM

your0.2btc is lost for sure.sent to miners.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:31:55 PM

Not really, I beleive every big fee mistake was given back if it was possible to identify the miner.

This spot for rent.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:55:15 PM

This is a perfect example of the kind of crap posts that got under my skin this morning.  There were just so many to wade through this morning in this specific thread, all with nothing to contribute and they had obviously not read the thread.  Sorry I went off all tilted like that.  I am much calmer now that I have had my morning coffee Smiley

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: