Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.2 FEE!!!! ? am i missing something?  (Read 12001 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:17:30 AM

Especially if someone doesn't speak English and they are guessing the fields. Often we use Chinese exchange where we can't read anything but we just guess what the fields are when we are using it.
Well, sorry, but that's definitely no excuse...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 11:26:07 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 11:36:39 AM by BurtW

Blockchain should add a fixed fee according to amount you want to send.
They already do this.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 11:29:51 AM

Also, please do not edit my post when quoting me.
Wow, I find it hard to believe that you have 227 posts and nobody has ever edited your post in order to answer part of it, like this.

You are new so I will tell you this is standard operating proceedure around here - nothing to get upset about.  I almost always cut down the post to just the part I am responding to, like this.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 11:34:46 AM

Anyone know what is the biggest fee so far sent to miners?

This may not be the largest fee ever sent but it was $23,638 at the time of the transaction and is $117,712 in today's BTC:

https://blockchain.info/tx/4ed20e0768124bc67dc684d57941be1482ccdaa45dadb64be12afba8c8554537

BTCewdquestion (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:36:41 AM

back to searching for the miner, no reply from bit fury. Ghash got back to me ASAP and said it wasn't their block..:

I would personally post a thread on the forums. As the only information is the address the reward was sent to, you must locate the owner of that address. This will be difficult.

Best Regards,
Leonard
CEX.IO Support

without getting into a pissing match… on a computer……. some of you are assholes. and just because I am calling you an asshole does not make me one.

The rest of you, thank you for your support and words of wisdom. I do have to say after my initial bitcoin moment of learning and realizing what it is, i can not say i am very fond of it. Over time it will play out, I'm not a fan of bitcoin, but this whole federal reserve back banking institution dollar thing i dislike more… The ugly truth; there is no holy grail.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:25:38 PM

back to searching for the miner, no reply from bit fury. Ghash got back to me ASAP and said it wasn't their block..:

I would personally post a thread on the forums. As the only information is the address the reward was sent to, you must locate the owner of that address. This will be difficult.

Best Regards,
Leonard
CEX.IO Support

without getting into a pissing match… on a computer……. some of you are assholes. and just because I am calling you an asshole does not make me one.

The rest of you, thank you for your support and words of wisdom. I do have to say after my initial bitcoin moment of learning and realizing what it is, i can not say i am very fond of it. Over time it will play out, I'm not a fan of bitcoin, but this whole federal reserve back banking institution dollar thing i dislike more… The ugly truth; there is no holy grail.
Well, but if it wasn't ghash then it's really probably bitfury, try searching another contact on them online maybe?
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 12:35:07 PM

I think the sad truth here is that Bitfury probably does own that address but does not want to admit to it.  If your fee had landed in a block mined by a well know above-the-boards pool then you would probably already have it back.  You were unlucky in that your fee happened to land in a block mined by someone who wants to remain anon.

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:41:44 PM

I think the sad truth here is that Bitfury probably does own that address but does not want to admit to it.  If your fee had landed in a block mined by a well know above-the-boards pool then you would probably already have it back.  You were unlucky in that your fee happened to land in a block mined by someone who wants to remain anon.
You don't need to admit it to pay it back, just let some time pass and simply pay back silently.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:48:10 PM

You don't need to admit it to pay it back, just let some time pass and simply pay back silently.

Why would they do it if they can't even answer his e-mail?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

if anyone  were to be so kind and help mitigate my loss via crowd sourcing it would be much appreciated.. I know I have helped others when they were few dollars short via btc
A few years ago I lost over 10000 BTC to a scammer.  If anyone would like to send a few hundred my way I would really appreciate it.  If only 100 people each send me 100 BTC it would be made whole.  Thanks!

Edit: that may be asking for too much, how about 1000 people each send me 10 BTC...

Was it pirate? I'm guessing it was pirate...

How about 100000 people send you 0.1 BTC instead? We can do a televised event where people call in their donations and everything. Tongue
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:08:40 PM

Best Regards,
Leonard
CEX.IO Support

Well, but if it wasn't ghash then it's really probably bitfury, try searching another contact on them online maybe?

BurtW said up thread that he already contacted GigaVPS and that even if it is Bitfury related it's still not known exactly who owns the address. So unless someone wants to out their 8 million dollar currently anonymous bitcoin holdings to give someone back their 0.2 BTC mistake, you're very likely out of luck here.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:17:06 PM

^^ Not a miner so I'm not certain about this but I thought all the pools held their miners details for security purposes? Not that this is one but I'm just saying they SHOULD know who's address it is.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

^^ Not a miner so I'm not certain about this but I thought all the pools held their miners details for security purposes? Not that this is one but I'm just saying they SHOULD know who's address it is.
They could remain anon and just send it back to his original address - everyone knows his original address from the transaction.  Getting the money back would not prove/disprove it is Bitfury.

If the owner is reading this they might just do that.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:27:21 PM

holy shit, 11 pages for 0.2 BTC? it was your own mistake, just take the loss and learn from it. I have used BCI for 3 years and thousands of transactions, I never put the wrong fee. So that says something about how "smart" you are (since you claimed you are a "smart" person).

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

If there's one criticism I have of blockchain.info it's that you have to manually input the fee so I can see how this could happen. It should be autofilled with the suggested amount based on what transaction you're attempting to send.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:31:05 PM

If there's one criticism I have of blockchain.info it's that you have to manually input the fee so I can see how this could happen. It should be autofilled with the suggested amount based on what transaction you're attempting to send.

uh No you don't, in the BCI's default quick send mode, the appropriate fee is auto filled, you can't even edit it.

Now when you do want to edit the fee, you could go to custom send mode, which does allow you edit the fee, but you don't have to. If you just leave the fee blank, it automatically uses 0 fee, and if your coins are not qualified for 0 fee, BCI will warn you.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:33:01 PM

Oh, really? I think I must've been using the custom send then. That's good then. I'll try do that next time  Cheesy.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:33:50 PM

Well basically every wallet in existence does exactly that. The only thing that could still be implemented in all the major wallets would be a warning that pops up when you type in a transaction fee that is unreasonably high or even degrees of magnitudes above the actually transmitted BTC amount!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:34:36 PM

I've never heard of a pool holding anyone's details and I don't think the address that got this tx fee is a pool anyhow.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

I've never heard of a pool holding anyone's details and I don't think the address that got this tx fee is a pool anyhow.

What exactly do you mean by 'details'? It depends on what we are trying to figure out. It is relatively simple to find out which pool mined the block in question. Well, at least if it is a known address. Then you could go and ask the pool for a refund, complete with a signed message that proves you actually own the sending address. The rest is up to the pool operator and the pool's terms and conditions!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: