Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.2 FEE!!!! ? am i missing something?  (Read 12001 times)
DrBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

oh it was very unusual, if they are not aware of the use fee?

is that true? or just a mere false?
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

oh it was very unusual, if they are not aware of the use fee?

is that true? or just a mere false?
Seems like true and it was OP's mistake.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:12:34 PM

Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.

Yeah most people waste 10 times more time on lost money than they would have with earning that money back...

There is currently a thread with >100 posts, where a girl has 1 "ONE" USD stuck.... hahaha

This spot for rent.
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:05:43 PM

What if he is from some third world country and 120$ is huge amount to earn? I would just give up on my BTC if this kind of mistake happens to me.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:03:05 PM

What if he is from some third world country and 120$ is huge amount to earn? I would just give up on my BTC if this kind of mistake happens to me.
If it was, he'd better read before clicking buttons.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:05:35 PM

Yeah most people waste 10 times more time on lost money than they would have with earning that money back...

There is currently a thread with >100 posts, where a girl has 1 "ONE" USD stuck.... hahaha

You gotta be kidding me!!!!??? Where's this thread? Cheesy I mean it's a sad thing, but really it isn't that much money, people, don't waste your time worrying about the money, but rather work in order to earn it back or spend your times with something nice!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

You gotta be kidding me!!!!??? Where's this thread? Cheesy I mean it's a sad thing, but really it isn't that much money, people, don't waste your time worrying about the money, but rather work in order to earn it back or spend your times with something nice!

I want to see that thread,too.  Tongue

Btw OP,money you lost isn't such big it's easy to make it back with a job. Smiley
dadaas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:18:00 PM

If it was, he'd better read before clicking buttons.

Lol, you've nailed it Cheesy
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168

Bling Bling

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:28:17 PM

did i just lose a .2btc transaction because the fee was set at .2btc?

Aww man, I'm so sorry reading that!! Things can be confusing in advanced settings, yeah... Better just stick to the regular send-feature! I once almost screwed up with those long Bitcoin addresses. Mixed up a few numbers or letters. It was already pretty late and I was out partying!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966

It's Not Enough

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:41:51 PM

12 pages for 0.2 BTC?.......
 Shocked

dadaas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

Shocked

I think that it is worth. I don't find that amount so small. If you do send some to me Wink
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:49:47 PM

Shocked
One day... someone will look at this like they do at the 100 000 BTC pizza and direct negative attributes your way Wink
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:05:09 PM

Dude...it is 0.2BTC.  118.9USD.  Get a job, make the money back, and get on with your life.

I wonder why that post just so happened to get all that extra attention. Tongue  Roll Eyes
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

Aww man, I'm so sorry reading that!! Things can be confusing in advanced settings, yeah... Better just stick to the regular send-feature! I once almost screwed up with those long Bitcoin addresses. Mixed up a few numbers or letters. It was already pretty late and I was out partying!
FYI:  Bitcoin addresses have a built in "checksum" so if you type any digit incorrectly it will not be accepted as a valid Bitcoin address.  You would have to change and swap the letters and digits in a very non trivial way in order to accidently create another valid address - for all practical purposes it is impossible.  If you do manage to be lucky enough to mistype an address in such a way as to create a different valid address then you are so lucky you should be playing the lotto every chance you get.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cutepuppy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:10:44 AM

FYI:  Bitcoin addresses have a built in "checksum" so if you type any digit incorrectly it will not be accepted as a valid Bitcoin address.  You would have to change and swap the letters and digits in a very non trivial way in order to accidently create another valid address - for all practical purposes it is impossible.  If you do manage to be lucky enough to mistype an address in such a way as to create a different valid address then you are so lucky you should be playing the lotto every chance you get.
The OP did not send funds to an invalid address, he gave way to much of a fee to the miner that confirmed his TX.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:19:36 AM

It is really not possible in practice to mess up typing a BTC address. Your wallet program would likely not allow it, as if you make a typo it would most likely show up as being an invalid address. What could happen, and does somewhat frequently happen is you could copy the incorrect address to send the funds to. This is a similar but different problem that the OP had, as the OP setup the TX so too big of a fee would be given to the miners.

DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:11:39 PM

I want to see that thread,too.  Tongue

Btw OP,money you lost isn't such big it's easy to make it back with a job. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=724422.new#new

That girl is complaining for hours about her  stuck 1 USD Cheesy

This spot for rent.
michaelwang33

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

If there's one criticism I have of blockchain.info it's that you have to manually input the fee so I can see how this could happen. It should be autofilled with the suggested amount based on what transaction you're attempting to send.
The problem with this is that most transactions will eventually get confirmed within 24 hours even without a fee. If you are sending what most would consider to be dust and/or Blockchain spam then no it probably won't but if you are sending a tx that is actually involved in commerce the it probably will. Commerce Tx usually have exactly two outputs (one for the the person you are sending to and one chance address).

Some transactions will also not get confirmed in the next block that is found even with the recommend TX fee. If you were to use a larger fee then the chances the TX will be confirmed in the very next block are much larger.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
needFREElunch

Activity: 196

Hi

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

It is really not possible in practice to mess up typing a BTC address. Your wallet program would likely not allow it, as if you make a typo it would most likely show up as being an invalid address. What could happen, and does somewhat frequently happen is you could copy the incorrect address to send the funds to. This is a similar but different problem that the OP had, as the OP setup the TX so too big of a fee would be given to the miners.
I think the OP's situation is an important lesson of the importance of attention to detail when using BTC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: