Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners  (Read 9843 times)
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:23:46 PM

Problem is not with GAW or ST, problem is trying to guess what the unit price is going to settle at comes shipping time... By september / october (guessing here) those units may be offered at 30% - 40% discount of today's price. When this happens we are going to be back here blaming everybody but ourselves for falling into the same trap yet again. Sorry, if this sounds harsh - just some bad memories.  

The issue here is that GAW offered a product where they stated the exact specs (6TH/s), if they then supply the product with 4.5 TH/s, this would demonstrate false advertising. This is the risk they have taken as a distributor by advertising the original SP30 specification as provided by Spondoolies and then taking credit card orders for it.

I received an update to my helpdesk ticket last night saying an announcement will be made in 24 hours, regarding plan of action from the CEO at GAW.

GAW acted as a reseller and used specs provided by the manufacturer. SP tech changed the specs last week and so did GAW.
You can read about it here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news/14979953-introducing-the-sp30

I don't see how this is relevant. The discussion is about what will happen with existing GAW orders (paid in full) before the spec was changed and what refund approach will be offered to customers.

It is relevant because you just said they did false advertising while in fact they had no way of predicting the manufacturer will change the specs. Everybody who ordered miners from SP tech faced the same problem. As for the refund why not just ask them directly on the forum?

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

I would recommend that no one keep coins online there to avoid having your BTC at risk.  Marketing hype is not a security standard.

my primary concern is delivery of the hosted equipment.  They say they will ship when I ask but given that they turned it up within minutes leads me to believe that I am not mining on my "purchased miner'....don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I begin mining nearly immediately, but I am curious to see what happens when I ask them to ship it to me.

Depends how you define your miner.  I'm assuming that they don't just store inventory on a warehouse shelf.  I'm guessing that as soon as product comes in they start working on getting them mining.  That's how they can just about instantly activate your "new order".  Or it could just be one giant hash pool that they have and they just have something running on zen miner that carves out the hash rate of the miner you bought and draws out a pretend graph with a plus or minus variance to make it look like an actual miner.  That's why I would like to see a little more transparency on zen miners and the ability to mine directly into a pool of your choice and directly into your own wallet.  Why shouldn't people be able to mine on a pool of their choice and enter backup pools of their choice and directly into their own wallets?

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
GAW_Amber

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

Has anyone had problems with GAW Miners?
I have ordered an SP30 from them when they were advertising 6TH/s @ $5095 (September batch 1 pre-order), order all paid for upfront.

I have posted a support ticket asking what credit/refund arrangements are they planning since the spec has been reduced to 4.5TH/s and Spondoolies are offering a new price of $3895.

They are not responding to any support tickets or emails.

Just thought I would share this with the community as a warning.

Hello!!

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in communication. I would be happy to get things moving along for you.

Can you please email me your order and ticket number at amber@gawminers.com

Sincerely,
Amber
GAW_Amber

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:00:11 PM

I had a bad experience with a pre-order and late shipping with GAW.  Communication was horrible with them and emails went unanswered for a week and when they did answer they just asked me another question about my question to delay so another week went by.  Basically they promised shipping by x date.  On x date they created a shipping waybill and sent me the tracking number trying to make it seem like they shipped the product.  Well the FedEx tracking number they sent me just said that they created the shipping but never actually shipped the item.  They physically presented the item to FedEx a week later.  In the end I did get my miner late.  When I complained they promised that somebody else would contact me with information about compensation but that never happened and they closed my ticket of course.  I was one of the suckers burned on the Fury.  Pre-ordered it for $109 but by the time I got mine they were down to $80 and now you see them on their site for $35 sometimes (Oneminer).  I'm sure if I pushed the issue with them they would get me my compensation, but with scrypt mining rates in the toilet my time is worth more than that. 

Same experience here, Gaw emailed FedEx tracking number, but didn't actually hand the miner to FedEx until next week. It took over two weeks for delivery.

I have exactly the same problem except I've been waiting 3 weeks now, am onto my second tracking number and it still says "Initiated" not actually collected by FEDEX, which means it hasnt actually been shipped yet Sad

Hi!

I would be happy to look into the status of your delivery. Please email me your order number at amber@gawminers.com.

Sincerely,
Amber
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:04:52 PM

I have purchased just over 3.2Gh scrypt from GAW to date. There have been a few small bumps in the road, yes. They may have some delays in getting to your ticket. Afterall, the company does some pretty INSANE volume. But they have ALWAYS come through for me in the end. Bar none, no excuses, they come through. Try getting compensated for late delivery from another reseller and let me know how it goes! Smiley Try getting a refund for your KNC Titan, BFL Monarch, Alpha Tech, Flower Tech, etc. The list goes on! GAW is the only company that I know of who will make good on a pre-order refund and/or work with you to make it right.

It's no secret the manufacturer is having trouble with the SP30. Unfortunately this is NOT uncommon. Look at what just happened with the S3 miners? Pre-order hashrates are subject to change, like it or not. Your ordering a product that DOES NOT EXIST yet.

Regular Guy™
Dr Gero (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:39:52 PM

Has anyone had problems with GAW Miners?
I have ordered an SP30 from them when they were advertising 6TH/s @ $5095 (September batch 1 pre-order), order all paid for upfront.

I have posted a support ticket asking what credit/refund arrangements are they planning since the spec has been reduced to 4.5TH/s and Spondoolies are offering a new price of $3895.

They are not responding to any support tickets or emails.

Just thought I would share this with the community as a warning.

Hello!!

I am sincerely sorry for the delay in communication. I would be happy to get things moving along for you.

Can you please email me your order and ticket number at amber@gawminers.com

Sincerely,
Amber

Thanks, email sent
Dr Gero (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:48:33 PM

I have purchased just over 3.2Gh scrypt from GAW to date. There have been a few small bumps in the road, yes. They may have some delays in getting to your ticket. Afterall, the company does some pretty INSANE volume. But they have ALWAYS come through for me in the end. Bar none, no excuses, they come through. Try getting compensated for late delivery from another reseller and let me know how it goes! Smiley Try getting a refund for your KNC Titan, BFL Monarch, Alpha Tech, Flower Tech, etc. The list goes on! GAW is the only company that I know of who will make good on a pre-order refund and/or work with you to make it right.

It's no secret the manufacturer is having trouble with the SP30. Unfortunately this is NOT uncommon. Look at what just happened with the S3 miners? Pre-order hashrates are subject to change, like it or not. Your ordering a product that DOES NOT EXIST yet.

I don't agree. If a company advertises in black and white to sell a product with specifications and price stated clearly, they have to honour that order. If they cannot due to manufacturer issues (between GAW and Spondoolies) this is not my problem at all. I expect a refund option or credit option for the difference in specification, from GAW, not Spondoolies. This is consumer law, as the contract of sale is between me and GAW.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:22:07 PM

I don't agree. If a company advertises in black and white to sell a product with specifications and price stated clearly, they have to honour that order. If they cannot due to manufacturer issues (between GAW and Spondoolies) this is not my problem at all. I expect a refund option or credit option for the difference in specification, from GAW, not Spondoolies. This is consumer law, as the contract of sale is between me and GAW.

Very reasonable opinion.  Roll Eyes

Question for you champ: do you really think GAW has the cash reserves to bail everyone out? What makes you think they won't just fold and declare bankruptcy instead?

You will not be the first person to be burned by an asic company under-delivering nor will you be the last. You can either whine about it, making ridiculous demands of GAW (who are simply acting as a middle man), or you can get on with it and try to minimize your losses.  
Dr Gero (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:38:56 AM

Having a mining community forum helps mitigate against buyers getting burned as we can all share our experience of sellers. The above text about bankruptcy and ridiculous demands, really?  I don't consider a refund/credit being a ridiculous demand, unless you are dealing with a shady company, hence my first point.

Josh and Amber have been in touch from GAW, regarding the SP30. I will let you know how I get on.    
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:43:18 PM

dr gero is right.

Legally speaking, it is gaw´s responsibility to deliver product as advertised or give the client the option for a refund (or try and compensate the customer for the different specs, this needs customer approval though).
GAW_Amber

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:31:57 PM

Hi All,

We have addressed all of our Customers that have purchased the SP30 before the specification change.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, we will make this right.

Stay GAWsome!
 Smiley Amber
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:10:58 PM

@customers with these orders

Would you care to share the amount of compensation that has been offered?
Dr Gero (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

@customers with these orders

Would you care to share the amount of compensation that has been offered?

Hat's off to GAW Miners, they are offering to credit the difference between the old and new price e.g. choice of $1200 refund (or BTC if ordered in BTC) or store credit, for customers that ordered via GAW.

I received the email myself and can only say a big thanks to Amber and Josh for sorting this out for all those involved.
specialed101

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 04:03:24 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 08:48:28 PM by specialed101

Hi,

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I've been waiting for over a week for the items I've purchased to leave their warehouse. The items said "same day shipping" on their web-site, but they have completely missed that. I've made calls, and received responses saying that they should ship "today", but that wasn't true. I've e-mailed them, and received replies that they would check into it, but I've received nothing since then.

Well, that was a wasted week. I've cancelled my orders, and hopefully I won't have to spend any additional time trying to wrap up that purchasing nightmare.

Unless you are more patient than I am, and certainly don't believe that "same day" means plus or minus "x" number of days, I can't recommend purchasing from these folks.

"Can I be the sockpuppet General of the Underpants Gnomes?" ~ specialed101
GAW_Amber

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Hi,

Maybe I'm a bit impatient, but I've been waiting for over a week for the items I've purchased to leave their warehouse. The items said "same day shipping" on their web-site, but they have completely missed that. I've made calls, and received responses saying that they should ship "today", but that wasn't true. I've e-mailed them, and received replies that they would check into it, but I've received nothing since then.

Well, that was a wasted week. I've cancelled my orders, and hopefully I won't have to spend any additional time trying to wrap up that purchasing nightmare.

Unless you are more patient than I am, and certainly don't believe that "same day" means plus or minus "x" number of days, I can't recommend purchasing from these folks.

Hello,
I would be happy to look into your order to make sure the rest of your experience runs smoothly! Please let me know what your order number is. I am sincerely sorry for the delay in shipping. Your order should have been shipped out same day as advertised. I will be looking into this: ) thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Sincerely,
Amber
amber@gawminers.com
slashka

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:35:13 PM

I love that company! Preordered a fury and some time later I came out of money, so till 2 hours of the batch shipping Amanda cancelled and refunded my order. Very nice support, but I knocked to them almost a day.

PayCoin - the people's money.
URC Coin - the power of hexagon!
Need a coin website? PM me
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:35:18 AM

Hello !

I saw the GAW's new product, the Hashlet.
There are some info I can't find about this.
I was on chat with the support from GAW, but I had bad luck to encounter a totally "grunt", who started to work from.. yesterday...

OK, I want to know :
- If there is possible to mine Bitcoins with the Hashlet. Or another algo (ex.: X11) , like GAW advertised on the announce.
- how much it is the maintenance fee ?
- if it is possible to use Hashlet to mine for Bitcoins, how much hashing power (GH/s, TH/s) you will get for a max size Hashlet ? Right now you can get 100 MH/s @ $1599.99 
-it is the Hashlet a combo-miner like the early Gridseed units or you must use diff type of Hashlet (designed for scrypt / SHA256)?
-it is Hashlet like the CEX.io , where you can buy GH/s and keep or trade it for a undefined period of time, or it is just another cloud mining contract ?

If you don't know the answer, please provide me at least an email to contact GAW. I already wrote a ticket about this couple days ago, but nobody replied me..

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:43:31 AM

maintance fee is 0.0008/MH/day but it is subject to change
price of Mh is 15.99$
you are mining bitcoins via scrypt coins using hashlet (new algos in development)
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:53:15 AM

maintance fee is 0.0008/MH/day but it is subject to change
price of Mh is 15.99$
you are mining bitcoins via scrypt coins using hashlet (new algos in development)

I believed that they will use Antminer S3 / SP30 for mining directly Bitcoins...  Undecided

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
cxboyminer

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:59:25 AM

How can scrypt miners mine bitcoin? If that is actually the case, then 10Mh cant mine much and break even can it?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌