Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Miners  (Read 9843 times)
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:06:11 AM

they mine scrypt coins and exchange them into bitcoins Smiley
marthelo

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:28:16 PM

gaw miners takes half of what you mine and keeps it for themselves

Today at 2:50 PM   Payout   0.00040279 BTC   
Today at 2:50 PM   Maintenance Fee      -0.00023176 BTC
Today at 2:50 PM   Payout   0.00037339 BTC   

worst customer service ever....if you believe they are legit try going on there hashtalk site and pointing out to them that they are taking half of your mining profits. they will ban you so fast. the whole site is fake posotive trolling. they list there fees by the day, like 8 cents a day per gh (insane) which is double the price of residential electric and if u had 30 gh you would be paying double plus buying them a hashlet per month...sorry buy that is more than maintenance fees. its a rip off
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:35:48 AM

worst customer service ever....if you believe they are legit try going on there hashtalk site and pointing out to them that they are taking half of your mining profits. they will ban you so fast. the whole site is fake posotive trolling. they list there fees by the day, like 8 cents a day per gh (insane) which is double the price of residential electric and if u had 30 gh you would be paying double plus buying them a hashlet per month...sorry buy that is more than maintenance fees. its a rip off

The maintenance fee is based on the current BTC/USD rate... so when BTC is down against the dollar, you earn less.  It's simple math.

By the way, what poor hashlet did you buy?  The Zen Hashlet pays out the most... that's what you should have bought.

Also... the 8 cents a day is more than just electric.  It pays for cooling, salaries, 100% uptime, software development, and a lot more.  But hey... if you want to go out and buy physical hardware, set it up, bounce around to different pools to find a good payout, deal with power outages, or network outages, or a hundred other things that can go wrong with home mining... sell me your hashlets cheap.  Smiley

Connor936

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:53:47 AM

It is not really accurate to say they are keeping the maintenance fee to themselves. This is what they charge to keep your miners running, mainly electricity. As mentioned above, the BTC amount of your fee will depend on the price of bitcoin as they have to pay their bills in terms of dollars.

You should also remember that they continue to put more efficient miners on their pool, making the maintenance fee go down over time
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:07:16 PM

It is not really accurate to say they are keeping the maintenance fee to themselves. This is what they charge to keep your miners running, mainly electricity. As mentioned above, the BTC amount of your fee will depend on the price of bitcoin as they have to pay their bills in terms of dollars.

You should also remember that they continue to put more efficient miners on their pool, making the maintenance fee go down over time

if i read the TOS correctly there are no real miners.  it states they are virtual. 

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:13:59 PM

if i read the TOS correctly there are no real miners.  it states they are virtual. 

That's because they used to host the miners they were selling and allow people to have them shipped if they wanted to resign from hosting services.
GAW advertised Hashlets as "cloud miners" which was a bit confusing and people thought they own real hardware that can be shipped to them, which of course wasn't true, so they said the miners are virtual.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
marthelo

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:51:52 PM

no the maintenance fee has not gone down once since i started- not once at all since the start.. this is fake pro positive trolling the same thing they do on their own forum... it is not legit... they should not be making a buck off of hosting and then try and sell the idea that the cost is maintenance... its profit....yes you can buy a miner and if it runs 1 year you would make 4 times what u would get from gaw... but my point is that when the calculations are performed , and i have posted them-i dont have time to now- that the math is never wrong and therefore if they were not being dishonest it would not matter to post those results on the forum... but fake positive trolling is not legit facts, 10% tops. there original release was 2% and thats from gaw themselves. so dont tell me 50% is necessary
marthelo

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:54:03 PM

its kinda weird ... people sound like they are disagreeing with you but then they prove the point i am trying to make in the process
P4ndoraBox7

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:20:26 PM

oooooook guys... Calm down, I'll answer one by one to you.

P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:29:08 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 11:59:06 PM by P4ndoraBox7

First

Hello !

I saw the GAW's new product, the Hashlet.
There are some info I can't find about this.
I was on chat with the support from GAW, but I had bad luck to encounter a totally "grunt", who started to work from.. yesterday...

OK, I want to know :
1- If there is possible to mine Bitcoins with the Hashlet. Or another algo (ex.: X11) , like GAW advertised on the announce.
2- how much it is the maintenance fee ?
3- if it is possible to use Hashlet to mine for Bitcoins, how much hashing power (GH/s, TH/s) you will get for a max size Hashlet ? Right now you can get 100 MH/s @ $1599.99  
4-it is the Hashlet a combo-miner like the early Gridseed units or you must use diff type of Hashlet (designed for scrypt / SHA256)?
5-it is Hashlet like the CEX.io , where you can buy GH/s and keep or trade it for a undefined period of time, or it is just another cloud mining contract ?

If you don't know the answer, please provide me at least an email to contact GAW. I already wrote a ticket about this couple days ago, but nobody replied me..

1. Yes. With the Genesis Hashlet you mine directly in Bitcoin pools, the 3 available pools are Guild, Hash and Multi. With all the other Hashlets you mine in Altcoin pools, but you get paid in Bitcoins. I may suggest you to check my Tutorial Screenshots on my blog.
2. 0.08/MH  ( Altcoin - Zen, Prime, Clever, Multi, Waffle Hashlets ) , 0.01/ 5 GH ( Genesis Hashlet is 10 GH )
3. First the hardware used to mine Bitcoins is different than Altcoins. Sky is the limit for the Hashlets quantity and size Smiley
4.Only the Prime Hashlets at the moment can mine in the pools you want, and you can do some double pool hashing called Double Dipping. Tonight there will be an announcement with GAWMiners CEO, and October 26th Project Prime will be released on www.btc.com, we don't have any news about the new features of Project Prime.
5. What I like the most from GAWMiners is that you have your Hashlets for life. You can even sell your Hashlets back in the Hash Market  when you want Smiley

Is your ticket answered ?

P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

cxboyminer, In fact you can mine both.

P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:32:06 PM

The maintenance fee is based on the current BTC/USD rate... so when BTC is down against the dollar, you earn less.  It's simple math.

By the way, what poor hashlet did you buy?  The Zen Hashlet pays out the most... that's what you should have bought.

Also... the 8 cents a day is more than just electric.  It pays for cooling, salaries, 100% uptime, software development, and a lot more.  But hey... if you want to go out and buy physical hardware, set it up, bounce around to different pools to find a good payout, deal with power outages, or network outages, or a hundred other things that can go wrong with home mining... sell me your hashlets cheap.  Smiley

True and False. You get about the same abouts in Bitcoin, but when the Bitcoin price is low, simply don't touch your money until the Bitcoin price as gone to normal. ( Bitstamp )

For the rest I think your right.

P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:33:49 PM

Your Hashlets are virtual, GAWMiners use real mining hardware. Nothing to program, just pay-activate-earn.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

2. 0.08/MH  ( Altcoin - Zen, Prime, Clever, Multi, Waffle Hashlets ) , 0.01/GH ( Genesis Hashlet )
It's $0.01 / 5GH/s per day for the Genesis... so $2.00 per day per 1TH/s.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:58:17 PM

Edited, Thank you jonnybravo0311

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

Edited, Thank you jonnybravo0311
No problem... didn't want people to misquote you later and say how high the fees are.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
P4ndoraBox7

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:24:07 AM

Good explanation P4ndoraBox7.
The fees have to cover the electric bill (paid in USD), when Bitcoin plummets they need more coins to pay the bills - simple as that.
I don't think the industry is ready for these drops, had the price remained below $300 we'd have something to wory about.

True

marthelo

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:03:34 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 07:23:14 AM by marthelo

The maintenance fee is based on the current BTC/USD rate... so when BTC is down against the dollar, you earn less.  It's simple math.

By the way, what poor hashlet did you buy?  The Zen Hashlet pays out the most... that's what you should have bought.

Also... the 8 cents a day is more than just electric.  It pays for cooling, salaries, 100% uptime, software development, and a lot more.  But hey... if you want to go out and buy physical hardware, set it up, bounce around to different pools to find a good payout, deal with power outages, or network outages, or a hundred other things that can go wrong with home mining... sell me your hashlets cheap.  Smiley

True and False. You get about the same abouts in Bitcoin, but when the Bitcoin price is low, simply don't touch your money until the Bitcoin price as gone to normal. ( Bitstamp )

For the rest I think your right.

that is bs. you dont pay salaries out of peoples mining. 28nm chips making 120mh would be about 400 watts at the wall without the added benefit of running professional grade power supplies and using efficiency measures, tax breaks,hi use contracts. at 0.10 per kwh that is $28 a month... 120 * 0.08*30days= 288 dollars.so 288-28=260 that is proportional regardless of the mh you are using... so they would be taking $260 a month(just dollars for u people who kept talking dollars)..SORRY THAT IS THEFT. stay away from gaw till they have open fair discussions  , NEVER NEVER NEVER, is that ok. u guys are fake positive trolling. i am not trolling i am saying those calculations are not permitted on their forum-BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL.  after electric for something that just sits and runs u shouldn't have to pay gaw (13*20=260) 13 brand new hashlets a month to take care of your hosting. for this calculation i would say $20 is more than generous.  so $48 a month for for 120mh would be appropriate which would be 0.013 cents per day per mh... way fare..they get maintenance  covered (still pocket a little ie maintenance) and people who hear 8cents and dont do the math are not taken advantage of and gaw still rakes it in
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:06:08 PM

So you bought shares and are unhappy with the fees? I don't think this subject is open for a discussion. They can choose whatever price they wish and the free market will regulate it. If there's a lot of demand they will keep the prices, if not and the competition pays beter, they will do what they can to lower them, or go out of business.
What you're doing here is trying to make them lower the fees, which is completely pointless.

There are many comparisons between GAW and other cloud mining companies, and I can already tell you that GAW pays a bit better than others, but the numbers are pretty similar, so they all must be unfair.
You can always get rid of them and move on. I'm sure other fair mining companies will welcome you with open arms.

marthelo

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

So you bought shares and are unhappy with the fees? I don't think this subject is open for a discussion. They can choose whatever price they wish and the free market will regulate it. If there's a lot of demand they will keep the prices, if not and the competition pays beter, they will do what they can to lower them, or go out of business.
What you're doing here is trying to make them lower the fees, which is completely pointless.

There are many comparisons between GAW and other cloud mining companies, and I can already tell you that GAW pays a bit better than others, but the numbers are pretty similar, so they all must be unfair.
You can always get rid of them and move on. I'm sure other fair mining companies will welcome you with open arms.

ah ha- so you have just admitted i am right. it is also not open market practices if the truth is not able to be freely discussed. they have booted people for talkind about it. if people talk about it- then others hear about it- then they to stop buying-then gaw has to adjust its practices or loose market share-THAT IS OPEN MARKET- and if they dont like it they should leave. but at every step of the way THIS should be brought up. (they sell there products under mining hardware on their site and under hosted.) so they are hosting. they also said, as pointed out by others besides me, that hosting costs would drop as new miners were added- new miners were added and the cost did not drop- that is dishonest- if they have nothing to hide then people can talk freely on the forum- but they ARE hiding the truth...BUYIN GAW 13 miners A month (after electric) for a 120mh contract and saying that it is maintenance- is a lie. The money they spend covering up there tracks with planted posters and fake trolls should stay with the mh owners. it is illogical that somebody would argue with this without an underlying dishonest motive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: