Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to sticky Dogies manufacturer trustworthiness guide!!  (Read 6565 times)
opieum2 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:26:27 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 02:14:59 PM by opieum2

Mods should know it! I am sure they have been contacted, I know I have. But considering that caveat emptor disclaimer also involves some research on the part of the prospect, why not make it easier for them by adding Dogies manufacturer trustworthiness guide? If you feel that thread should be stickied comment in this thread, hopefully mods listen and sticky it.

Reference in question https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691

Vote here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731973.0

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:35:58 PM

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:44:03 PM

*trustworthiness

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:44:39 PM

Mods should know it! I am sure they have been contacted, I know I have. But considering that caveat emptor disclaimer also involves some research on the part of the prospect, why not make it easier for them by adding Dogies manufacturer trustworthiness guide? If you feel that thread should be stickied comment in this thread, hopefully mods listen and sticky it.

Reference in question https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691

I like his guide but I don't think it should be stickied.

We need more people making trustworthiness guides so it's less impartial.

I don't want an "official" ratings list especially if dogies opinion can be wrong and/or he could be paid off.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:48:30 PM

if dogies opinion can be wrong and/or he could be paid off.

If its 'wrong', disagree with me. And I'm probably the last person you can pay off. I'm not saying there shouldn't be others doing the same, but the smaller the guide owner, the easier it is to pay them off.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:56:38 PM

If its 'wrong', disagree with me. And I'm probably the last person you can pay off. I'm not saying there shouldn't be others doing the same, but the smaller the guide owner, the easier it is to pay them off.

IMO we shouldn't be stickying anything that is constantly changing, debatable, and full of opinions.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:04:23 PM

IMO we shouldn't be stickying anything that is constantly changing, debatable, and full of opinions.

Be it as it may. There are other eyes on the issue . If you want another opinion there are other active community participants you can ask
opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

*trustworthiness

Wow not sure how I missed that. DYSLEXICS UNTIE!!! Fixed it.

opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

From personal experience his guides have not steered me wrong personally speaking and I imagine others as well. His assessments are consistent and thorough. His views seem to be fitting generally with the companies he puts reviews up for. Those views are also reviewed and updated depending on any new information. I think that warrants at least a sticky even if you don't agree. Right now dogie is the only one doing these reviews really. The individual manufacturer threads are either self moderated or massive trollfests. At least an at a glance view of the review info from a respected member of the community would be nice to have on here with visibility for newbies to check out quick and then do more research from that point.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:19:45 PM

It should be stickied!!!  Grin

He's not as critical as I would be,after being burned by BFL,Avalon & almost Blackarrow & watching the meltdown of Hashfast,AMT & others  Roll Eyes

But good reviews nonetheless.He does get some equipment free,but to me it doesn't seem to sway him....much  Cheesy

We need to help the general public to make good decisions on miner purchases.Oh & the rent-a-hash scams too  Roll Eyes

Hate to say it,but ordinary folks won't be mining for too much longer at home.The mining corps are seeing to that....it's a lot of fun while it lasts though  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Niggle

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:09:39 PM

Hear, hear! Sticky that nugget of gold ASAP!

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:33:56 PM

+1

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:41:43 PM

I tend to agree, simply put it's too subjective.  I think newbs should be encouraged to use his guide because IMO it's the best we got ATM.  The potential for abuse, conflict of interest and it's opinion based scoring systems leads me to believe it should be left to stand on it's own merit as a thread and not stickied.

People shouldn't be looking for a simple opinion based guide to tell them what to buy, we should be encouraging them (like the caveat emptor thread does) to do their own research and formulate their own opinion, but I guess in this day and age of instant gratification everyone wants someone else to tell them what there opinion is so they can be done with it, so ya fuck it just sticky it already.
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:48:51 PM

Disagree.   its Dogie's opinions alone- which in most cases also matches the reality - but, good though they often are, the guide contains too many of his personal opinions without letting 'facts' get in the way - the guide lacks objectivity.

Dogie has ignored constructive criticism and writes whatever he wants, which is of course his absolute right.  but stickying it would elevate it to a formal position of the forum, and would imply its the official position of the community, and it isnt - Its one man's view and for better or for worse there are some companies he likes and some he doesnt like, and it wouldnt matter what the facts are, he's going to praise the ones he likes and diss the ones he doesnt, irrespective of the number of people telling him where he got it wrong.

Disagreeing with him makes no difference.  proving the facts makes no difference.  writing to him personally makes no difference.  he is a law unto himself.  Criticism both constructive or otherwise has been ignored.  Several professional miners have pointed out areas where he has not been objective and he's not made any of the changes they recommended.  Suspect any opinion that doesnt agree with his own is ignored.  Even when his own objective measurements are ignored when it suits to say whatever he wants... which yet again, is his right of free speech to say and do what the hell he wants but that's not a democratic and unbiassed guide.  Dogie's guide is statistically irrelevant - its based on a sample size of One.   Its definitely Dogie's guide, and its good for casual use but not a good 'official guide' as its too subjective - Its not 'decentralised'.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:09:15 AM

Too many stickies just spoil the broth Wink

Just put it in the first post of the Caveat Emptor stickie, along with any other relevant posts.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:39:42 AM

I tend to agree, simply put it's too subjective.  I think newbs should be encouraged to use his guide because IMO it's the best we got ATM.  The potential for abuse, conflict of interest and it's opinion based scoring systems leads me to believe it should be left to stand on it's own merit as a thread and not stickied.

People shouldn't be looking for a simple opinion based guide to tell them what to buy, we should be encouraging them (like the caveat emptor thread does) to do their own research and formulate their own opinion, but I guess in this day and age of instant gratification everyone wants someone else to tell them what there opinion is so they can be done with it, so ya fuck it just sticky it already.

I changed to a numerical based system so its as non opinionated as possible, simply I have no sway in skewing the scores, all I can do is change the system which applies to all companies. If people have a better system, they're free to suggest one but I'm still yet to receive any.

As you say, it would be great if people did their own in depth research and came to their own conclusions but they simply don't, hence BFL had 25M in sales last year.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:40:57 AM

Disagreeing with him makes no difference.  proving the facts makes no difference.  writing to him personally makes no difference.  he is a law unto himself.  Criticism both constructive or otherwise has been ignored.  Several professional miners have pointed out areas where he has not been objective and he's not made any of the changes they recommended.  Suspect any opinion that doesnt agree with his own is ignored.  Even when his own objective measurements are ignored when it suits to say whatever he wants...

You want to substantiate any of those rather aggressive claims?

aerobatic

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:41:09 AM

But good reviews nonetheless.He does get some equipment free,but to me it doesn't seem to sway him....much  Cheesy

i hope thats not true!  if he gets any equipment for free or at a special price in any way, then there's no chance of unbiassed reviews and it would put him in a compromised position.  im sure its not true, and if it was, he would need to disclose which equipment he got for free (or discounted) and state it very clearly alongside the review.
aerobatic

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:59:46 AM

Disagreeing with him makes no difference.  proving the facts makes no difference.  writing to him personally makes no difference.  he is a law unto himself.  Criticism both constructive or otherwise has been ignored.  Several professional miners have pointed out areas where he has not been objective and he's not made any of the changes they recommended.  Suspect any opinion that doesnt agree with his own is ignored.  Even when his own objective measurements are ignored when it suits to say whatever he wants...

You want to substantiate any of those rather aggressive claims?

here's a few recent examples... for instance..  when you posted your new trustworthiness claims in the cointerra thread.  you had several professional miners disagree with your guide and tell you your ratings were too opinionated and not 'fact checked').  the comments were pretty much in universal agreement, yet you changed nothing.  you didnt update your guide at all based on the input of those that would know the reality - the actual users and customers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269093.msg8050461#msg8050461

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269093.msg8050678#msg8050678

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269093.msg8066522#msg8066522

and my own post...  that i wrote to you privately in pm and you said pretty much you'd ignore it unless i posted it publicly, even though i was uncomfortable to do so, and.. after i posted it publicly, you still ignored it and stuck to your opinions rather than the facts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.msg8048857#msg8048857

i dont deny you have the right to your opinions, but presenting them as universal fact and ignoring anyone else's input doesnt sit well with me.

psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:05:59 AM

+1 For sticky!!!

You can argue as much as you can, when you got something to compare with. For now, dogie's guide is the only one and it is trustworthy. And you can point out inaccuracies in the specific threads, if you have complains. This is gold for noobs!

So, STICKY!!! STICKY!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: