Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 04:58:12 PM

Why only linux???

Se need windows too!!!!

I never developed for windows. We need someone to port them.

I know someone who could do that. Let me know and I can try to track him down.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

I can mine about 2 dollars per day with only 250 GB right now Smiley
very low energy cost too

I may throw 4-5 TB at the pool when they switch to V2 and allow me to use my already created plots. Smiley But I'm enjoying my solo ride still for the moment.

How is everyone liking pool mining?

I plotted 2 TB for pool mining. Getting ~ 200 BURST per block found by the pool with that. Im pretty sure it will drop fast when V2 is released.
what is v2,   I can not submit shares for a long time .  seems pool is not  working

V2 will allow people to use their Solo plots for pool. I'm sure the v1 is working, it's just you haven't found a low enough share.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
jopara

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

The larger the file size (plots), the greater the need to RAM?
Or it depends on the number of running instances of miner?
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:00:28 PM

I can mine about 2 dollars per day with only 250 GB right now Smiley
very low energy cost too

I may throw 4-5 TB at the pool when they switch to V2 and allow me to use my already created plots. Smiley But I'm enjoying my solo ride still for the moment.

How is everyone liking pool mining?

I plotted 2 TB for pool mining. Getting ~ 200 BURST per block found by the pool with that. Im pretty sure it will drop fast when V2 is released.
what is v2,   I can not submit shares for a long time .  seems pool is not  working

V2 allows people to use the plots the generated for solmining on the pool.

How many GB are you mining the pool with? You have to get a "deadline" of 50,000 or less to get a share submitted. The difficulty is rising fast so this getting harder and harder to do.
neite99

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

Looks like it may be time to up the share deadline on the pool. If newcomers can't even get a share than there is no reason for them to try.

Anyone that is just joining us and is pool mining please post an approximate amount of GB used and pool payments. It will help us estimate where the share level needs to be.
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:09:01 PM

Looks like it may be time to up the share deadline on the pool. If newcomers can't even get a share than there is no reason for them to try.

Anyone that is just joining us and is pool mining please post an approximate amount of GB used and pool payments. It will help us estimate where the share level needs to be.

I have yet to try pool mining, I am going to wait until v2 is released. BUt yea, this is a good idea, to give people an idea of what they can expect to make. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

I have a few projects I'm working on at the moment. What would you like to see next?

The Miner rewritten in C
I have this already running for me, but lots of variables are coded statically into it. It needs almost no memory, is a lot faster and supports multiple plot-directories and threads. Would be Linux only again.

Graphs
https://bchain.info/BTC/diff
Here I offer a lot of graphs for Bitcoin. With some adjustments I can also add BURST.

The Overlap-Tool improved
With some server-assistance it could also show which plots found a block so far. Also it could show unused nonce-ranges.

STOP with this Linux-only BS!  Do it in Windows or don't do it at all!!!! Shocked
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:18:22 PM

I have a few projects I'm working on at the moment. What would you like to see next?

The Miner rewritten in C
I have this already running for me, but lots of variables are coded statically into it. It needs almost no memory, is a lot faster and supports multiple plot-directories and threads. Would be Linux only again.

Graphs
Here I offer a lot of graphs for Bitcoin. With some adjustments I can also add BURST.

With some server-assistance it could also show which plots found a block so far. Also it could show unused nonce-ranges.

STOP with this Linux-only BS!  Do it in Windows or don't do it at all!!!! Shocked

Hey, linux only is better than nothing only. If he can get it to work in linux, I have a friend who can port it to windows. I am looking for him now to ask.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:23:32 PM

The Miner rewritten in C

Graphs

Hey, linux only is better than nothing only. If he can get it to work in linux, I have a friend who can port it to windows. I am looking for him now to ask.
linux and c is the main requirement for any coin to grow. also a c based wallet. nobody wants to rely on windows or java to store millions of dollars in longterm on any exchange.

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:23:57 PM

I think do in C  it is really good. Then we will find someone capable to compile for win easy!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
neite99

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

The Miner rewritten in C

Graphs

Dude...

You whine A LOT.

You want it in windows learn to program instead of yelling at others to do it.

Ridiculous.
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 06:48:07 PM by timk225

I'm trying to be less of an a$$hole, but damn, the people here piss me off so much, what with Linux-only crap and releasing half-assed miners that you have to be a damn coding engineer to finish and get mining for you.

Want to code something useful?  Code a program that will use GPUs to do the plotting.  I have a couple 280X's sitting around doing nothing.

I have 4 laptop drives spanned into a 605 GB volume, with a 1 to 2457300 plot size.  The AMD FX-4130 3.8 GHZ cpu took 2-1/2 days to plot that, it just finished this morning. Now it's mining for me solo.

I will join a pool once V2 comes out, I am trying to find cheap deals on hard drives right now.  I know a place that sells hard drives, I was trying to talk them into taking a 1 ounce gold bar I have in exchange for drives, but they stubbornly want cash or credit card only.  
dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:59:28 PM

Want to code somwething useful?  Code a program that will use GPUs to do the plotting.  I have a couple 280X's sitting around doing nothing.

You got the job.
neite99

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:03:02 PM

I'm trying to be less of an a$$hole, but damn, the people here piss me off so much, what with Linux-only crap and releasing half-assed miners that you have to be a damn coding engineer to finish and get mining for you.

Want to code somwething useful?  Code a program that will use GPUs to do the plotting.  I have a couple 280X's sitting around doing nothing.

I have 4 laptop drives spanned into a 605 GB volume, with a 1 to 2457300 plot size.  The AMD FX-4130 3.8 GHZ cpu took 2-1/2 days to plot that, it just finished this morning. Now it's mining for me solo.

I will join a pool once V2 comes out, I am trying to find cheap deals on hard drives right now.  I know a place that sells hard drives, I was trying to talk them into taking a 1 ounce gold bar I have in exchange for drives, but they stubbornly want cash or credit card only.  

Im glad your trying harder. It will get you a ton more help from the community.

I am 99% sure someone is working on windows implemenattions. You just have to be patient.

One thing you should realize is that the harder it is to setup the harder it is for the masses to mine and the better it is for you if you get it right. You will get far more coins that way.

We are here to help you. So if you ask nicely I am sure we can get things sorted out.

BTW your GPU's may never help write plots. Disk speeds are limited and just because a GPU can write the data really fast doesn't mean the disks can keep up.

Maybe with SSDs but 20 TB of SSD would cost WAY to much......... (for now)
joe.sixer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:18:27 PM

I can literally code nothing in C or Java and I was mining within 10 minutes after launch, and had the pool miner up and running in a few minutes too. A small amount of reading and effort and you'd have no troubles.
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:24:04 PM

dcct you are the man keep up the good work and thank you  for your efforts as soon as i will find my first block it will be yours Smiley ps : you got pm !
marcus556

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

so what is most everybody doing now?  Pool mining or Solo?  Ive heard mixed opinions some say if you dont have at least 4tb+ then its best to pool mine and others say 2tb+.  What does the community say?
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

so what is most everybody doing now?  Pool mining or Solo?  Ive heard mixed opinions some say if you dont have at least 4tb+ then its best to pool mine and others say 2tb+.  What does the community say?

Now probably 4TB and up for solo, anything below should be pool mined. Just waiting for the dev to make pool v2 to use the solo plots for pool mining.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
neite99

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

Now probably 4TB and up for solo, anything below should be pool mined. Just waiting for the dev to make pool v2 to use the solo plots for pool mining.

Im at 8 TB. Nothing in 24 hours.

I would say 10 TB or more
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:36:02 PM

so what is most everybody doing now?  Pool mining or Solo?  Ive heard mixed opinions some say if you dont have at least 4tb+ then its best to pool mine and others say 2tb+.  What does the community say?

Im at 8 TB. Nothing in 24 hours.

I would say 10 TB or more

More likely, I haven't got anything for 48 hours with ~3tb. Hope the v2 pool comes out today.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: