Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dosh-Kapital  (Read 15642 times)
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:04:01 AM

I checked the rules, it seems to be OK to talk about block explorers.

It would be a great help if people from the community could visit this thread and post you wishes to include Dosh on their website, or visit the website and send message through contact.

Kapital is a tongue in cheek reference to Das Kapital. I am not Marxist, but labour as a commodity is something to consider and makes sense in crypto mining. Lots of little workers building value.

Bearded men, however, would not make an interesting website theme. Lets throw some ideas around to create a better look?

These two things are necessary to start approaching exchanges, so lets make it happen.

I am not trying to get everything done by others, I just don't want to make all the decisions like some autocrat with no regard. 

Some thoughts on this would be appreciated, anybody that thinks they can help pm please

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anhpt192

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:16:13 PM

about 1 week since my last visited this thread, it seems that nothing new  Embarrassed
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

I have re banded and edited, the cryptos Dosh, Diamondback and Silverback are now cryptos on the Outback..

I have also started a Giveaway for Redback (previously Greenback)
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:53:20 PM

I think you need more pools to get running... try e.g. Minergate  Smiley

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:50:01 AM

Ah Minergate, big brick wall that I am chipping away at. Will Keep trying, but any help or push from the miners out there will only help.
eddywise

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

Let's Boolberry

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:56:15 AM

Ah Minergate, big brick wall that I am chipping away at. Will Keep trying, but any help or push from the miners out there will only help.
does it still live,no one pay attention on this coin now
have u any idea?

Boolberry : @eddywise                                                                                                                                                                                                                       DRK:XqTbkj1hpCWBpBSvbWtzBRu5PxzJ2KoA3F                                                                                                                                                                                   BTC:1FZYvzY4cPLwwZmU8rGPM7xGYjfjiZUmuZ  Once desperately want, now desperate to forget
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

does it still live,no one pay attention on this coin now
have u any idea?

I am trying to get a block explorer, and working on creating a GUI. There is a lot to be done, and I am Determined to achieve it
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:33:00 AM

To be a truly independent crypto economy is the main ambition and what separates the cryptos on what for now is known as the Outback. To create and build a base to build on that will not follow the same route as before requires a new outlook.

For the past week or so I have been working on creating a marketplace that is unique. It requires a departure from what has become the norm and therefore I need to have all the pieces on place.

I have been exploring the idea of having time zone trading floors(exchanges). What does that mean?

With current technology, it would seem logical to have a single exchange that is automated and online 24/7, I believe having trading floors that open and close have many advantages.

Firstly, every floor is cleared at the end of trading, meaning that nobody can store or leave their cryptos in storage.
Secondally, managing and executing withdrawals and deposits. This can be done in a more hands on way and issues can be dealt with in near real time.

Both of the above can also serve as an added layer of security. The Outback will not have closed doors to Established cryptos or fiat, as well as Nxt. The Trading floors will also need to fill the function of gateways.

As in the real world, There will be an opening time and a closing time, and there will be a slight overlap.

There will have to be a heavy vetting processes, to get 3 or 4 safe trading floors, but will start with one and expand from there. 

This week there was some positive news regarding a block explorer, And once I have ironed the finer details I will post a more detailed roadmap for making this possible.
RubixRex

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:12:05 AM

CryptoNight is officially dead and over with.  This coin is effectively worthless.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:37:25 AM

CryptoNight is officially dead and over with.  This coin is effectively worthless.

I think what you are referring to is whats going down at XMR. Its not cool at all.

My post above is a glimps at what I believe can be done externally of the Cryptonote core to prevent or manage any damage that can be done by an attack.

Live managed exchanges opposed to automated.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:18:00 AM

I think what you are referring to is whats going down at XMR. Its not cool at all.

My post above is a glimps at what I believe can be done externally of the Cryptonote core to prevent or manage any damage that can be done by an attack.

Live managed exchanges opposed to automated.

It would obviously depend on weather you think it was an attack on XMR or if it was meant for financial gain, there will never be an end to people spending time to try and Hack to damage or Steal.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

everyone needs a good laugh in the morning Smiley.. this did that for me.
even if he is referring to what went down with XMR yesterday that has been fixed and fixes for BTC, DUCk, and all other cryptonote coins have been released. 
Just a silly statement.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:51:10 PM

everyone needs a good laugh in the morning Smiley.. this did that for me.
even if he is referring to what went down with XMR yesterday that has been fixed and fixes for BTC, DUCk, and all other cryptonote coins have been released. 
Just a silly statement.

Ye, might also be the row over BCN, which is not my business, but should not be seen as a problem for new CryptoNote coins.

QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

Not in a hurry, I know you're planning an ecosystem, but exchanges do help people who aren't miners to obtain currency and start setting the value for a crypto - any plans to get on an exchange?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

Not in a hurry, I know you're planning an ecosystem, but exchanges do help people who aren't miners to obtain currency and start setting the value for a crypto - any plans to get on an exchange?

Hi QuadraQ

There many threads making a big noise at present, I have had to rethink and consider things at length. but am of the opinion that my original concept is the way to move forward.

I have decided to start a marketing thread for Silver and Diamondback, It is important that they start to get a value as you say. My feeling is that if they have a value I can offer a bit of reward to Chainradar to list Outback cryptos on site. This will happen today.

It is important that Dosh  never gets valued against Bitcoin or Altcoins as that will be countering the Idea of The Outback.

So to answer your question more directly, a value for Diamondback and Silverback is necessary to start trading Dosh. I will set out to achieve this by creating a marketplace today.

QuadraQ

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:07:28 PM

Hi QuadraQ

There many threads making a big noise at present, I have had to rethink and consider things at length. but am of the opinion that my original concept is the way to move forward.

I have decided to start a marketing thread for Silver and Diamondback, It is important that they start to get a value as you say. My feeling is that if they have a value I can offer a bit of reward to Chainradar to list Outback cryptos on site. This will happen today.

It is important that Dosh  never gets valued against Bitcoin or Altcoins as that will be countering the Idea of The Outback.

So to answer your question more directly, a value for Diamondback and Silverback is necessary to start trading Dosh. I will set out to achieve this by creating a marketplace today.

So if I understand you correctly the plan is to have Dosh exclusively tradeable for the other Outback currencies like Diamondback and Silverback, and those currencies could be traded for fiat or btc?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:10:03 PM

Hi QuadraQ

So if I understand you correctly the plan is to have Dosh exclusively tradeable for the other Outback currencies like Diamondback and Silverback, and those currencies could be traded for fiat or btc?

Thing is I put things out there for people to respond to, so a duologue can ensue, but the lack of response causes me to doubt things. The following is my original concept, and I am becoming more comfortable that it is the way to go.

The Outback is a crypto-collective, where creativity and innovation can work together to create a robust and secure every day crypto experience.
Every aspect of the Outback is independent of each other and not bound or obligated. Nothing or nobody will rely on any other part of The Outback, and any Crypto and its community will be free to go its own way if they choose to. The individual Blockchains will not be bound to or reliant on any central or even decentralised web or other interface. The Outback will ideally grow to twelve cryptos and that will be all. It will never be a breeding ground for never ending hype based pump and dump Cryptos. So Participating cryptos will be well thought out, relevant and marketable. No hit and runs.
There are advantages in a diversified crypto-economy, the obvious being an active market between Cryptos on The Outback. Creativity and Innovation can benefit from collaboration to create a user-friendly unintimidating Crypto economy.
Three Cryptos have been launched, They are and will serve a function within The Outback
( The outback is a work in progress, including the name Outback, it is there purely to establish the spirit of uncharterd territory and can be Changed )

Outback roadmap:
1)   Diamondback and Silverback have been launched and mined for Two weeks. As in past history cryptos on The Outback will be backed in a similar way to Gold backed Fiat currencies. The first step on the Roadmap is to create a value for them through an open market. I have started a market thread here and once an independent Block Explorer is created will launch a campaign to list Diamondback and Silverback on Established exchanges. At present Over four Million Silverback and close to 4000 Diamondbacks have been mined.

2)   A good way to create stability is to create regionally diverse Cryptos that resonate with their audience, but can still quickly and easily be used to transact with anyone in the world. Help and assistance will be given to those that can show their ideas. There will need to be a set time frame for people to submit their ideas. Collaboration and cross pollination of ideas can only benefit all. Cryptos don’t need to be created with world domination in mind.

3)   The first Outback Exchange launch. There are a number of things that set this apart from other exchanges.  Firstly, it will open and close at certain times, as things develop there will be four exchanges that operate at different time zones for six hours. Future exchanges will need to be more than Automated 24 hour sites. At the end of day all accounts are cleared.
Secondly the exchange will have a limited liquidity in the form of an Exchange currency. This currency is not created by the exchange but mined externally and brought to the exchange for a fixed fee. It will be what all Outback Cryptos on the exchange are traded against. It cost money to mine and is doubly backed by Diamond and Silverback, Thus can justifiably be pegged both from a crypto point of view and fiat. Thirdly this Exchange currency cannot be held for longer than a certain time, Still to be decided, before it is auto reversed. It has to remain liquid and cannot be held. All off this is to create a less volatile, stable and more secure trading platform.

4)   With the above in place the Tech innovation can begin to develop. A GUI client can be multi crypto and can hold Silver, Diamonds and Cash. Cryptnote Technology has been chosen for its scalability and has many examples of what can be done. A stable Economy will make it more attractive for shop owners to accept cryptos, so there will be much to do.

I appreciate you suggestions and questions
QuadraQ

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:57:47 PM

Hi QuadraQ

Thing is I put things out there for people to respond to, so a duologue can ensue, but the lack of response causes me to doubt things. The following is my original concept, and I am becoming more comfortable that it is the way to go.

The Outback is a crypto-collective, where creativity and innovation can work together to create a robust and secure every day crypto experience.
Every aspect of the Outback is independent of each other and not bound or obligated. Nothing or nobody will rely on any other part of The Outback, and any Crypto and its community will be free to go its own way if they choose to. The individual Blockchains will not be bound to or reliant on any central or even decentralised web or other interface. The Outback will ideally grow to twelve cryptos and that will be all. It will never be a breeding ground for never ending hype based pump and dump Cryptos. So Participating cryptos will be well thought out, relevant and marketable. No hit and runs.
There are advantages in a diversified crypto-economy, the obvious being an active market between Cryptos on The Outback. Creativity and Innovation can benefit from collaboration to create a user-friendly unintimidating Crypto economy.
Three Cryptos have been launched, They are and will serve a function within The Outback
( The outback is a work in progress, including the name Outback, it is there purely to establish the spirit of uncharterd territory and can be Changed )

Outback roadmap:
1)   Diamondback and Silverback have been launched and mined for Two weeks. As in past history cryptos on The Outback will be backed in a similar way to Gold backed Fiat currencies. The first step on the Roadmap is to create a value for them through an open market. I have started a market thread here and once an independent Block Explorer is created will launch a campaign to list Diamondback and Silverback on Established exchanges. At present Over four Million Silverback and close to 4000 Diamondbacks have been mined.

2)   A good way to create stability is to create regionally diverse Cryptos that resonate with their audience, but can still quickly and easily be used to transact with anyone in the world. Help and assistance will be given to those that can show their ideas. There will need to be a set time frame for people to submit their ideas. Collaboration and cross pollination of ideas can only benefit all. Cryptos don’t need to be created with world domination in mind.

3)   The first Outback Exchange launch. There are a number of things that set this apart from other exchanges.  Firstly, it will open and close at certain times, as things develop there will be four exchanges that operate at different time zones for six hours. Future exchanges will need to be more than Automated 24 hour sites. At the end of day all accounts are cleared.
Secondly the exchange will have a limited liquidity in the form of an Exchange currency. This currency is not created by the exchange but mined externally and brought to the exchange for a fixed fee. It will be what all Outback Cryptos on the exchange are traded against. It cost money to mine and is doubly backed by Diamond and Silverback, Thus can justifiably be pegged both from a crypto point of view and fiat. Thirdly this Exchange currency cannot be held for longer than a certain time, Still to be decided, before it is auto reversed. It has to remain liquid and cannot be held. All off this is to create a less volatile, stable and more secure trading platform.

4)   With the above in place the Tech innovation can begin to develop. A GUI client can be multi crypto and can hold Silver, Diamonds and Cash. Cryptnote Technology has been chosen for its scalability and has many examples of what can be done. A stable Economy will make it more attractive for shop owners to accept cryptos, so there will be much to do.

I appreciate you suggestions and questions

I believe I understand your idea and I think it has merit. Won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. What I don't understand yet, is where Dosh fits in - is it the Outback Exchange currency you mentioned in point 3 above, or something else? Basically how is Dosh used, and eventually prove valuable?
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:02:55 PM

is there any win32 wallet?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:43:27 PM

I believe I understand your idea and I think it has merit. Won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. What I don't understand yet, is where Dosh fits in - is it the Outback Exchange currency you mentioned in point 3 above, or something else? Basically how is Dosh used, and eventually prove valuable?

I want to develop Dosh as a currency, it is not the exchange currency. I planned that to be Greenback, but bygones. I believed that the Explorer would be up quicker and thus we would be further along.

Dosh would be a marketable and understood in my country and some that I have visited, but maybe not others. Its place would be developed within that and traded with other similar currencies from around the world through the exchange currency. It can be argued that the exchange currency is not necessary, but I believe limiting or having a set amount of liquidity is necessary for stability.

Reading between the lines of your question, I would agree that the time it might take is potentially detrimental.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: