Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dosh-Kapital  (Read 15642 times)
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:28:18 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 12:18:15 PM by mere-mortal

Its Great that we have our first Pool, but it goes without saying that it is not healthy to have just one, I have pm'ed and freenoded various Operaters, but some help on this front will be appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerjoen

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:38:15 AM

Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley

lol? i dont know where u from, but in my country an 32 bit system is rare...
in the shops u cant even find an 32bit system anymore for a few years.

So ofc 64 is used by the most people, 32 bit is rare.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:20:55 AM

Well, I'd love to spread the word about Dosh and earn myself some free coins but doesn't look like 32 bit systems are catered for here Undecided
No disrespect but mere mortals use 32bit machines, advanced/super mortals use 64 bits  Cheesy
Anyways good luck with your project!  Smiley

lol? i dont know where u from, but in my country an 32 bit system is rare...
in the shops u cant even find an 32bit system anymore for a few years.

So ofc 64 is used by the most people, 32 bit is rare.

Hi minerjoen

To answer your pm:

There are bounties out on other cryptonote based currencies for a GUI wallet, It looks like its going to happen in the future. CryptoNote technology makes up for it in other ways. Read CryptoNote Technology  
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:54:14 AM

DEV:
you should add coin to https://cryptonote.org/coins.php

Will be doing that today, thought I would give it a day.

Done
ikanunaki

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:46:09 AM

Block reward formula??

My XDN address: xdn.io/name/ikanunaki
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 09:56:05 AM

What's a dosh?  Well, at least it made me look.  lol.

Good luck!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:37:56 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 12:19:23 PM by mere-mortal

Block reward formula??

Starting at around 175 DOSH and gradually declining over 30 years ending on 184 million (as with Bitcoin, transaction fees will maintain mining interest)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:39:56 AM

What's a dosh?  Well, at least it made me look.  lol.

Good luck!

Dosh is a slang term first used by the English (British) to refer to money.
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:08:16 AM

Cryptonight is dominated by a private gpu miner.
Basically, you are stuck with slow cpu mining while people who will pay 5% fee to a private gpu miner and the guy made it are going to mine the heck out of this.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:30:44 PM

I am getting some help with improving the OP, but would like to take some time to urge people to suggest or recommend. I would prefer not to get to a point where people are unhappy with the coin for lack of effort. I can do legwork, and even if I disagree with suggestions, its good to have dialogue. 
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:10:41 AM

No news is good news, I guess
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:38:41 AM

New Op design shortly

Any suggestions for a giveaway would be welcomed.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:55:11 AM

Pool has been down all day.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:21:39 AM

not mining, myself, but will look in to it
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:31:07 AM

not mining, myself, but will look in to it

I have asked them to check, on face value it looks like the pool is fine here.

Can you give me more details
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:24:07 AM

It appears to be a problem at my end.  Sorry about that.  My ISP (Optus in Australia) has been having problems accessing certain ports/websites for a few days. I just successfully accessed the page on my mobile which is not with Optus.  Sucks. Time to change ISPs!! Strangely, I can access the main extremepool page no problems and some of their pools but not others, including dosh.  Almost all the pools show up on my mobile.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:40:08 PM

Taken from extremepool, at present the Network Hash rate is about 23 KH/sec, with extremepool acounting for 17% of hash rate.

Only mentioning it because I would like to get some feedback.

If all is good I am planning on doing a exchange drive
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:15:55 PM

Taken from extremepool, at present the Network Hash rate is about 23 KH/sec, with extremepool acounting for 17% of hash rate.

Only mentioning it because I would like to get some feedback.

If all is good I am planning on doing a exchange drive

Its quiet because no big plans, ANN is plain, Logo needs to be a little better, well maybe a lot better. I see you have a bounty for it, that is good.

Any chance of getting a GUI wallet going for it? I know that other cryptonote coins have something already.

How about focus on promoting the coin at shops, like strip clubs. Who doesn't like strippers? I think we need a crypto they can use.

Lay out a roadmap for the coin in the ANN post.
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

I am getting some help with improving the OP, but would like to take some time to urge people to suggest or recommend. I would prefer not to get to a point where people are unhappy with the coin for lack of effort. I can do legwork, and even if I disagree with suggestions, its good to have dialogue.  

I must say I'm impressed with your communication and commitment so far, so keep that up. This coin reminds me of BitStar which flew under the radar (and well still does to some extent) but has very solid and committed developers, and a good community. Any coin with good fundamentals that builds a community and seeks to constantly improve itself can succeed in the long run.

Giveaways can be a great way to get people interested and excited about your coin, but caution is in order. Again referring to BitStar, learn from some mistakes that were made there. A small pre-mine was used primarily for promotional purposes and for charity (all announced and above board). Anyway they gave away a lot of coins via #IRC, but people started gaming the system to hoard coins, and since they didn't have to do anything but show up to get their coins, most didn't value them, and simply dumped them as soon as an exchange was available. This depressed the price and set the bar low for a long while.

So whatever you do with the giveaway make sure of a few things: 1) People need to do SOMETHING to get the coins 2) That "something" promotes the coin in some way and gets the word out, 3) Try to avoid things where people can easily cheat, 4) If it helps people feel like part of the community that's best.

As for the logo, yeah we need something a lot better. I suggest again that you learn from what's worked well for others here. WhiteCoin did something very smart when looking for a new logo. They created a three round contest, where for the first round anyone could submit an entry and then the community would "vote" by submitting coins to an address for each logo. After a week or so (can't remember the exact time frame) the top three choices were promoted to round 2 and the artists had a chance to refine their artwork if they chose to, and again users voted for the winner by sending coins. After another week the winner becomes the new logo, and all the coins submitted as "votes" for that artwork are then given to the artist as his/her reward. All the coins collected for the non-winning entries are kept and used to fund further promotions/charity and development of the coin. I can't remember the site they used to organize all this, but some google searches should turn it up.

Finally, there is a real opportunity to set Dosh apart from the other crytpnite based coins out there, and that's to develop a good GUI wallet. I know Monero did a contest, and I was never a fan of that because then you have several competing wallets, none of them are that great, and it's just confusing. One of the things that's held back all the cryptonite coins is the lack of a familiar wallet. If you can create a QT based wallet (so that it's cross platform) that works just like (or better!) than all the other coin wallets out there, then you'll get a LOT more users of Dosh. I know that's not easy, but it is a real opportunity. There is a half-way decent QT based wallet for Monero that might be useful as a starting point. It's still pretty buggy, and it doesn't quite nail the interface elements that most Bitcoin/Litecoin based QT wallets have, but it would still be better than starting from scratch I imagine.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:29:54 PM

I must say I'm impressed with your communication and commitment so far, so keep that up. This coin reminds me of BitStar which flew under the radar (and well still does to some extent) but has very solid and committed developers, and a good community. Any coin with good fundamentals that builds a community and seeks to constantly improve itself can succeed in the long run.

Giveaways can be a great way to get people interested and excited about your coin, but caution is in order. Again referring to BitStar, learn from some mistakes that were made there. A small pre-mine was used primarily for promotional purposes and for charity (all announced and above board). Anyway they gave away a lot of coins via #IRC, but people started gaming the system to hoard coins, and since they didn't have to do anything but show up to get their coins, most didn't value them, and simply dumped them as soon as an exchange was available. This depressed the price and set the bar low for a long while.

So whatever you do with the giveaway make sure of a few things: 1) People need to do SOMETHING to get the coins 2) That "something" promotes the coin in some way and gets the word out, 3) Try to avoid things where people can easily cheat, 4) If it helps people feel like part of the community that's best.

As for the logo, yeah we need something a lot better. I suggest again that you learn from what's worked well for others here. WhiteCoin did something very smart when looking for a new logo. They created a three round contest, where for the first round anyone could submit an entry and then the community would "vote" by submitting coins to an address for each logo. After a week or so (can't remember the exact time frame) the top three choices were promoted to round 2 and the artists had a chance to refine their artwork if they chose to, and again users voted for the winner by sending coins. After another week the winner becomes the new logo, and all the coins submitted as "votes" for that artwork are then given to the artist as his/her reward. All the coins collected for the non-winning entries are kept and used to fund further promotions/charity and development of the coin. I can't remember the site they used to organize all this, but some google searches should turn it up.

Finally, there is a real opportunity to set Dosh apart from the other crytpnite based coins out there, and that's to develop a good GUI wallet. I know Monero did a contest, and I was never a fan of that because then you have several competing wallets, none of them are that great, and it's just confusing. One of the things that's held back all the cryptonite coins is the lack of a familiar wallet. If you can create a QT based wallet (so that it's cross platform) that works just like (or better!) than all the other coin wallets out there, then you'll get a LOT more users of Dosh. I know that's not easy, but it is a real opportunity. There is a half-way decent QT based wallet for Monero that might be useful as a starting point. It's still pretty buggy, and it doesn't quite nail the interface elements that most Bitcoin/Litecoin based QT wallets have, but it would still be better than starting from scratch I imagine.

The length and detail of your post is much appreciated.

I have a few things going on via pm that hopefully be a step forward.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: