Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dosh-Kapital  (Read 15642 times)
QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:57:00 PM

3)   The first Outback Exchange launch. There are a number of things that set this apart from other exchanges.  Firstly, it will open and close at certain times, as things develop there will be four exchanges that operate at different time zones for six hours. Future exchanges will need to be more than Automated 24 hour sites. At the end of day all accounts are cleared.
Secondly the exchange will have a limited liquidity in the form of an Exchange currency. This currency is not created by the exchange but mined externally and brought to the exchange for a fixed fee. It will be what all Outback Cryptos on the exchange are traded against. It cost money to mine and is doubly backed by Diamond and Silverback, Thus can justifiably be pegged both from a crypto point of view and fiat. Thirdly this Exchange currency cannot be held for longer than a certain time, Still to be decided, before it is auto reversed. It has to remain liquid and cannot be held. All off this is to create a less volatile, stable and more secure trading platform.

I believe I understand your idea and I think it has merit. Won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. What I don't understand yet, is where Dosh fits in - is it the Outback Exchange currency you mentioned in point 3 above, or something else? Basically how is Dosh used, and eventually prove valuable?

I want to develop Dosh as a currency, it is not the exchange currency. I planned that to be Greenback, but bygones. I believed that the Explorer would be up quicker and thus we would be further along.

Dosh would be a marketable and understood in my country and some that I have visited, but maybe not others. Its place would be developed within that and traded with other similar currencies from around the world through the exchange currency. It can be argued that the exchange currency is not necessary, but I believe limiting or having a set amount of liquidity is necessary for stability.

Reading between the lines of your question, I would agree that the time it might take is potentially detrimental.

I seem to remember reading in your initial manifesto, that Dosh was going to be the currency that tied all the other Outback currencies together, so perhaps that's where some of the confusion comes from. Like all miner's I'm just wondering when and how the Dosh I've mined will be useful. There are a lot of options, and while I don't mind speculating, it helps to understand a clear plan for development. I'm wondering if I should switch to DiamondBack or SilverBack at this point. I've been hoping to have some of all the Outback currencies. BTW what happened to Redback?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:12:14 AM

I seem to remember reading in your initial manifesto, that Dosh was going to be the currency that tied all the other Outback currencies together, so perhaps that's where some of the confusion comes from. Like all miner's I'm just wondering when and how the Dosh I've mined will be useful. There are a lot of options, and while I don't mind speculating, it helps to understand a clear plan for development. I'm wondering if I should switch to DiamondBack or SilverBack at this point. I've been hoping to have some of all the Outback currencies. BTW what happened to Redback?

I am sure everyone is sick of hearing about that word "Block Explorer"

I have confirmation from a good exchange that, with an explorer, they would be happy to list The outback cryptos. Within a week of Dosh launching the Nethash was touching 40kh. Had Dosh been added to an Independent Block explorer, I have no doubt it would be well on its way. And it would have easily filled its roll that I explained in the Manifesto.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:59:54 PM

3)   The first Outback Exchange launch. There are a number of things that set this apart from other exchanges.  Firstly, it will open and close at certain times, as things develop there will be four exchanges that operate at different time zones for six hours. Future exchanges will need to be more than Automated 24 hour sites. At the end of day all accounts are cleared.
Secondly the exchange will have a limited liquidity in the form of an Exchange currency. This currency is not created by the exchange but mined externally and brought to the exchange for a fixed fee. It will be what all Outback Cryptos on the exchange are traded against. It cost money to mine and is doubly backed by Diamond and Silverback, Thus can justifiably be pegged both from a crypto point of view and fiat. Thirdly this Exchange currency cannot be held for longer than a certain time, Still to be decided, before it is auto reversed. It has to remain liquid and cannot be held. All off this is to create a less volatile, stable and more secure trading platform.

I believe I understand your idea and I think it has merit. Won't be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is. What I don't understand yet, is where Dosh fits in - is it the Outback Exchange currency you mentioned in point 3 above, or something else? Basically how is Dosh used, and eventually prove valuable?

I want to develop Dosh as a currency, it is not the exchange currency. I planned that to be Greenback, but bygones. I believed that the Explorer would be up quicker and thus we would be further along.

Dosh would be a marketable and understood in my country and some that I have visited, but maybe not others. Its place would be developed within that and traded with other similar currencies from around the world through the exchange currency. It can be argued that the exchange currency is not necessary, but I believe limiting or having a set amount of liquidity is necessary for stability.

Reading between the lines of your question, I would agree that the time it might take is potentially detrimental.

It appears that trying to quietly give away a few hundred million backs for free, without creating to much hype dose not work. So with regards to Redback, I have had to relook at things once again.

At Present I am busy building this site rhinoscantjump.com, I am using wordpress to set up a basic forum. but would like some input or if anyone feels it lacks anything, let me know. It is not anywhere near done but its there to check out
parvalue

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

Good to see this coin still under the razar after 1 month.

parvalue

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:52:29 PM

Stratum - connecting to 'dosh.darktech.org' <79.21.69.239> port 1111
Stratum - Cannot connect  to dosh.darktech.org port 1111
Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
DevFee: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
DevFee: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

Angry Angry

parvalue

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:06:45 PM

apologies for not having that info, new but relavant

Claymore appears to have been sitting back and resting on his 5% tax from Monero,etc.  However as the price of Monero is tanking he may be interested in doing an update to include DOSH.  Just a thought, may be worth approaching him.

My little i5 laptop has nividia on board, even so I need a driver update to try the ccminer. I am making my way through the Claymore thread, trying to learn through the questions of others, and at some point today I will pm

the claymore miner works for dosh for amd gpu mining. you just have to disable the optimisation by using "-nofee 1" in the command line as it uses an invalid payment address that causes dosh.extremepool.org (the pool i mine at) problems and can get you banned.
Yeah,using "-nofee 1" helps. thanks ~

cyptohunter

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:05:26 PM

Not in a hurry, I know you're planning an ecosystem, but exchanges do help people who aren't miners to obtain currency and start setting the value for a crypto - any plans to get on an exchange?

Hi QuadraQ

There many threads making a big noise at present, I have had to rethink and consider things at length. but am of the opinion that my original concept is the way to move forward.

I have decided to start a marketing thread for Silver and Diamondback, It is important that they start to get a value as you say. My feeling is that if they have a value I can offer a bit of reward to Chainradar to list Outback cryptos on site. This will happen today.

It is important that Dosh  never gets valued against Bitcoin or Altcoins as that will be countering the Idea of The Outback.

So to answer your question more directly, a value for Diamondback and Silverback is necessary to start trading Dosh. I will set out to achieve this by creating a marketplace today.

So if I understand you correctly the plan is to have Dosh exclusively tradeable for the other Outback currencies like Diamondback and Silverback, and those currencies could be traded for fiat or btc?

Thing is I put things out there for people to respond to, so a duologue can ensue, but the lack of response causes me to doubt things. The following is my original concept, and I am becoming more comfortable that it is the way to go.

The Outback is a crypto-collective, where creativity and innovation can work together to create a robust and secure every day crypto experience.
Every aspect of the Outback is independent of each other and not bound or obligated. Nothing or nobody will rely on any other part of The Outback, and any Crypto and its community will be free to go its own way if they choose to. The individual Blockchains will not be bound to or reliant on any central or even decentralised web or other interface. The Outback will ideally grow to twelve cryptos and that will be all. It will never be a breeding ground for never ending hype based pump and dump Cryptos. So Participating cryptos will be well thought out, relevant and marketable. No hit and runs.
There are advantages in a diversified crypto-economy, the obvious being an active market between Cryptos on The Outback. Creativity and Innovation can benefit from collaboration to create a user-friendly unintimidating Crypto economy.
Three Cryptos have been launched, They are and will serve a function within The Outback
( The outback is a work in progress, including the name Outback, it is there purely to establish the spirit of uncharterd territory and can be Changed )

Outback roadmap:
1)   Diamondback and Silverback have been launched and mined for Two weeks. As in past history cryptos on The Outback will be backed in a similar way to Gold backed Fiat currencies. The first step on the Roadmap is to create a value for them through an open market. I have started a market thread here and once an independent Block Explorer is created will launch a campaign to list Diamondback and Silverback on Established exchanges. At present Over four Million Silverback and close to 4000 Diamondbacks have been mined.

2)   A good way to create stability is to create regionally diverse Cryptos that resonate with their audience, but can still quickly and easily be used to transact with anyone in the world. Help and assistance will be given to those that can show their ideas. There will need to be a set time frame for people to submit their ideas. Collaboration and cross pollination of ideas can only benefit all. Cryptos don’t need to be created with world domination in mind.

3)   The first Outback Exchange launch. There are a number of things that set this apart from other exchanges.  Firstly, it will open and close at certain times, as things develop there will be four exchanges that operate at different time zones for six hours. Future exchanges will need to be more than Automated 24 hour sites. At the end of day all accounts are cleared.

4)   With the above in place the Tech innovation can begin to develop. A GUI client can be multi crypto and can hold Silver, Diamonds and Cash. Cryptnote Technology has been chosen for its scalability and has many examples of what can be done. A stable Economy will make it more attractive for shop owners to accept cryptos, so there will be much to do.

I appreciate you suggestions and questions

Funny ,really funny
,this is DOSH thread,right?
Ccould you please focus more on DOSH instead of the damn Outback?
DOSH is dying.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:32:27 AM

Funny ,really funny
,this is DOSH thread,right?
Ccould you please focus more on DOSH instead of the damn Outback?
DOSH is dying.

From the begining the purpose of the cryptos I have launched has been to work together to create a ecosystem, A good and scalable protocol was chosen to build on.

I was around for the development stages of this Animated Feature and am credited and was involved for the entire production of this on at Triggerfish Animation Studios.

I am telling you this because my experience there taught me how super smart and super creative people can work together to create something useful and meaningful. I have always existed and been comfortable somewhere in the middle.

If anyone knows the story of Pixar, they will know that for many years before Toy Story the focus was to create a box that people would buy, this piece of hardware/sofware was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for the developers. What turned out to be the meal ticket was Toy Story.
Read into that what you like but for me it can be applied to the crypto world.

siliconchip

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:01:12 AM

Dev,any marketing or promotion plan for DOSH?

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:14:33 PM

I am going to move everything to one central  thread, I have been in discussion via pm with new members to The Outback. I have also begun setting up a website, which will be used as a go to for marketing and publicity. 
siliconchip

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

I am going to move everything to one central  thread, I have been in discussion via pm with new members to The Outback. I have also begun setting up a website, which will be used as a go to for marketing and publicity. 
Focusing on  one coin would be better.  Wink

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Focusing on  one coin would be better.  Wink

Fair comment, and I don't mean to be short in my reply.  Smiley

Dosh is and always will be the crypto within The Outback for me, that said just putting out the next coin was never my intention, as a mere mortal, immortality is my objective.

First step is getting away from saying me and I, and creating we and us
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

I will shortly add Dosh to the exchange thread, still pulling hair over Block Explorer.

Website is coming along
siliconchip

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:06:47 AM

DOSH is on the voting list of hitbtc
https://hitbtc.com/vote
please help to vote.  Wink Wink

siliconchip

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

mere-mortal,could you please put this on the OP?  Huh

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:09:21 AM

Thank you and apologies, was busy doing it from my laptop and ran into Bandwidth issues. Will be sorted shortly.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:18:56 AM

Thank you and apologies, was busy doing it from my laptop and ran into Bandwidth issues. Will be sorted shortly.

Done

OP updated
bitcurrenty

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:56:22 PM

It seems nobody has voted on the hitbtc Sad Sad

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:46:48 AM

It seems nobody has voted on the hitbtc Sad Sad

I think that it is going to take some time. and some lateral thinking is required.

I have created a blueprint on the exchange thread, that I would like some opinions on please, so check it out
bitcurrenty

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:32:30 PM

Dev,
Can you develop a DOSH GUI wallet please? so that newies can use it easily.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: