Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:27:32 PM

Does anyone even use XCH at this time. Im considering utilizing it to help raise some additional capital for a distribution business i am working on. I prefer XCH and VIA for its speed over XCP and BTC, as well as the notary. Before it can even get to be on a level playing field with XCP we need successful projects that are utilizing it.

I guess my main concern would be, if i launch an asset that will also distribute a portion of profits to holders am i really going to get the exposure i need as the user base is probably quite small? I am prepared to do alot of outside promotion in order to make the asset launch successful.

Would love to hear feedback Smiley

I personally don't think it matters that much if you launch on Counterparty or Clearinghouse. You are going to have to market your offering correctly. The means people use to obtain the asset isn't going to be a make or break item.

For example, you could use any platform to launch, accept Bitcoin or US$, I think how you launch the assets is mostly secondary.

Although, there is a concern of liquidy. If you are paying dividends IN Via and people can't convert that to Fiat very easily they might ask for a different dividend disbursement method.

It would be nice to see some development on Clearinghouse... a BTC to Via gateway would be something that might help. But, it seems like no one really cares about this coin. It's a shame, it seems to have some solid ideas and a good network behind it.
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 07:44:18 PM

Does anyone even use XCH at this time. Im considering utilizing it to help raise some additional capital for a distribution business i am working on. I prefer XCH and VIA for its speed over XCP and BTC, as well as the notary. Before it can even get to be on a level playing field with XCP we need successful projects that are utilizing it.

I guess my main concern would be, if i launch an asset that will also distribute a portion of profits to holders am i really going to get the exposure i need as the user base is probably quite small? I am prepared to do alot of outside promotion in order to make the asset launch successful.

Would love to hear feedback Smiley

I personally don't think it matters that much if you launch on Counterparty or Clearinghouse. You are going to have to market your offering correctly. The means people use to obtain the asset isn't going to be a make or break item.

For example, you could use any platform to launch, accept Bitcoin or US$, I think how you launch the assets is mostly secondary.

Although, there is a concern of liquidy. If you are paying dividends IN Via and people can't convert that to Fiat very easily they might ask for a different dividend disbursement method.

It would be nice to see some development on Clearinghouse... a BTC to Via gateway would be something that might help. But, it seems like no one really cares about this coin. It's a shame, it seems to have some solid ideas and a good network behind it.

Great points! My intention with marketing and promoting outside is the get potential investors that i know on a face to face basis to utilize the technology offered here, ultimately bringing in new people to crypto.

I have not considered if i would pay dividends in anything other than VIA, but without a direct FIAT exchange, it may be necessary to provide an option of BTC.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 07:52:02 PM

The best implementation of clearinghouse will be one where users have no idea that they are using clearinghouse.  Build something simple for the average users.
B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 08:25:50 PM

The best implementation of clearinghouse will be one where users have no idea that they are using clearinghouse.  Build something simple for the average users.

Something like Kick Starter or Indiegogo would make great faces. I'm thinking even a third party that markets externally looking for entrepreneurs in need of funding. It takes some connecting with small business organizations and chambers of commerce but it could bring a good amount of exposure.
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

https://github.com/IndieSquare/counterwallet

This is a mobile wallet for counterparty. It also has the decentral exchange in the wallet. If someone could fork this for XCH and also include the decentral betting function that would be really cool and useful.

-Krach

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:41:45 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 08:32:23 PM by bitalkpl

I can't login to my wallet.
Is clearwallet.co abandoned?

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:20:42 PM

I can't login to my wallet.
Is clearwallet.co abandoned?

Should be fixed in a short whlle.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:27:01 PM

Hi, what advantages have clearinghouse above Counterparty?
bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Hi, what advantages have clearinghouse above Counterparty?
https://youtu.be/P63ByrQXd9w?t=42m42s

100elephants

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:03:33 AM

Hi,

Is the coin still alive, the deposits I have made are still missing ( a week now) and no blockchain to check status...
100elephants

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 10:37:30 AM

Clearwallet brings this error "failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_raw_transactions; Last error: Request Time out."
BrokenRam

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:00:13 PM

Hi,

Is the coin still alive, the deposits I have made are still missing ( a week now) and no blockchain to check status...

Having problems too.  Sent some XCH in clearwallet and still dont see the funds a day later.  Can't track either, account History page gives you errors "failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_raw_transactions; Last error: Request Time out."

Is this the appropriate place to raise support??
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:57:52 PM

Hi,

Having problems too.  Sent some XCH in clearwallet and still dont see the funds a day later.  Can't track either, account History page gives you errors "failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_raw_transactions; Last error: Request Time out."

I've had better luck tweeting @btcdrak.

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:32:54 PM

Hi,

Should be ok.
BrokenRam

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:44:55 PM

Hi,

Should be ok.

I can't even log into clearwallet now.  Get the following: "No ClearingHouse servers are currently available. Please try again later. ERROR: The server is not fully caught up to the blockchain. Please logout and try later. (Most likely this message is due to the server being updated.)"
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:06:39 PM

Turned out to be a full disk. It works now.
kingscloak

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:55:13 PM

Hi Drak-

I have access to clearwallet now, but my recent withdrawal request (a few weeks ago prior to clearwallet going off-line) has not posted to address and I cannot access transaction history.  However, the XCH from my wallet has been withdrawn. 

Can you please check on this? 

Thank you,

KC

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:20:15 PM

Drak...Is there a standard computer wallet that you can download for XCH?

Not that I am aware of.
kingscloak

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:29:04 PM

Drak-

Have you looked into the transaction issues stated above?  I have a withdrawal that has disappeared.  Just vanished after the wallet processed the request. This was almost 2 weeks ago now.  Can you please let us know status?

Thank you.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:21:08 AM

Are funds stored on clearwallet.co safe or is there a reason to be concerned? When people are openly posting that they are having withdrawal issues these should be addressed immediately.

Nothing is stored on clearwallet.co. Your private keys are always with you browser side (derived from your seed passphrase) and never transmitted anywhere.#
However, you still use the system at your own risk as per the terms on the website which you have to agree to use use the "wallet" (wallet is a bad word since wallets store funds. In cryptocurrencies, wallets are actually keychains).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: