Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:36:56 PM

so according to my calculations, im buying in XCH at an equivalent market cap of 10million usd. is that about correct, seems high

Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

I dont remember if I posted this here, but we have a block explorer for XCH at http://xch.blockscan.com/
Also 660k viacoins converted to XCH so far.

And a new video: http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/08/17/1-issue-assets.html

hey sir,thanks for the updates, can you confirm what the market cap would be @ this current price we are buying in at?

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:06:20 PM

If we don't need to be online for an action(trade) to be executed that would be so great !
Because right now, it's hard to do it, as people seem to open fake trades on purpose and logout, making you waste ur time. Looking forward to it

If I get that right, any pair with VIA (right now) in the buy/sell side you need to be online for the trade to execute ? But if I trade XCH/"My Asset" I don't need to be online for it to execute ?

1. Assets traded between each other or with XCH are automatically settled.
2. Assets with VIA need to be manually settled or leave the clearwallet open.

In the future, 2. will go away and all will become 1

Excellent, thanks for your answer.

I stay online and rarely get a transaction to go through, or show up.  A new system needs to be implemented.

While it may not be the answer clearinghouse needs, a system using 'trust nodes' to hold onto the funds involved in some pending trade (like escrow nodes) so that the trade can be made regardless of whether both parties are ever online at the same time.    A rating would be given to each node based on the percentage of time it is online, and the amount of succesful trades it has been involved in.  Over time nodes can establish themselves as trustworthy escrow node, but since we want to limit risk the escrow nodes would only be allowed to hold so much.  Ideally a lot of escrow nodes would establish allowing the peer to peer network to act as escrow.  If one goes down, so what - it can get fined (uses its own coins as collateral or something) and it won't really hurt the system.

Are people doing something like this?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:11:46 PM

I stay online and rarely get a transaction to go through, or show up.  A new system needs to be implemented.

While it may not be the answer clearinghouse needs, a system using 'trust nodes' to hold onto the funds involved in some pending trade (like escrow nodes) so that the trade can be made regardless of whether both parties are ever online at the same time.    A rating would be given to each node based on the percentage of time it is online, and the amount of succesful trades it has been involved in.  Over time nodes can establish themselves as trustworthy escrow node, but since we want to limit risk the escrow nodes would only be allowed to hold so much.  Ideally a lot of escrow nodes would establish allowing the peer to peer network to act as escrow.  If one goes down, so what - it can get fined (uses its own coins as collateral or something) and it won't really hurt the system.

Are people doing something like this?

There are not that many people using the system remember so volume low at the moment and there is zero incentive to trade XCH right now since you can always get the most preferential rate durnig the 45 day initialization period directly from the protocol. We are working on automating VIApay, please be patient. Any other pair will settle automatically at protocol level.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:37:26 AM

will burn some viacoin to support.

BTCarchitect

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

Burned some VIA for XCH
Good job drak
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 12:49:19 PM

Approx. 7,726,284 viacoins left in the market and reducing - some still in ICO wallets while others exchanged to increasing no. of clearinghouse coins.

If there were 9m viacoins in the market, the price might have been cheaper.

chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

Approx. 7,726,284 viacoins left in the market and reducing

I don't understand. Can you please explain how you reached this number?
Is it total viacoins in supply, minus those burnt for XCH, minus those held by otoh?
What parameters do you include when reaching this number?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:57:59 AM

Is it total viacoins in supply, minus those burnt for XCH, minus those held by otoh?

I think he means total number of viacoins mined http://viacoinexplorer.com/chain/Viacoin/q/totalbc
less coins sent to http://explorer.viacoin.org/address/Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:25:08 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 10:44:07 AM by andreibi

ChompyZ,

Since we don't have a rich list yet. I checked the outstanding coin supply in the block explorer and then subtract the number of coins still unmoved (there's a date stamp) in the ICO wallets and then subtract again the number of viacoins in the burn address.

Simple, yes?

So basically, traders are just playing with some 7.7m coins in all exchanges. To make it cheap, they induce dumps. Soon by mid-Sept, lesser number of Viacoins will be on the market because smart people will exchange them to XCH - where the "wow" features are really are. Viacoin is Bitcoin, Counterparty is Clearinghouse. As of this writing, 1 XCH is about 361 satoshis. For reference, Dogeparty (another Counterparty clone) is currently valued at 24,000 satoshis and 1 XCP is 295,000 satoshis.

So, I'm telling you to remember the ICO days when we are wishing no one will invest in Viacoin so the price stays below 1,000 satoshis and then the last three days, it shot up to 6,100 satoshis. This will happen again with Via and Clearinghouse, because 361 sats for one XCH is too cheap.

I think he means total number of viacoins mined http://viacoinexplorer.com/chain/Viacoin/q/totalbc
less coins sent to http://explorer.viacoin.org/address/Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:24:30 PM

On clearinghouse testnet it says I can't do a distribution from a coin I created because it's not legal in my country. However since it's testnet it's allowed? Is this accurate and based on regulations? How do I get around this rule in nontestnet?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

On clearinghouse testnet it says I can't do a distribution from a coin I created because it's not legal in my country. However since it's testnet it's allowed? Is this accurate and based on regulations? How do I get around this rule in nontestnet?

Proxy/VPN perhaps
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:31:06 PM

Proxy/VPN perhaps

I'll remove the ruleset there. Try in a couple of minutes
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

Proxy/VPN perhaps

Wait, so distributions are now allowed in nontestnet?

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:58:48 PM

Proxy/VPN perhaps

No. It's banned for US IP addresses on mainnet. Allowed on testnet since it's testnet is just a playground. Once we release a desktop version you can run clearwallet according to your own rules. For now, it's just a precaution against overreaching US regulations. Get ready for NYC based bans across all the crypto world too if NYDFS pass their bitlicense. Even Circle is talking about banning NYC from it's products if the law passes in it's current proposed form.
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:17:36 PM

The US thinks it's the center of the world.

UK lost the automobile industry to the US when they tried so many regulations in the late 19th century.

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:24:33 PM

I tried to send 10 via coin to the clear wallet, however they have not yet arrived.

txid: cde20ed24e62b057a7316179447aa31fca9b87253123607f6abc8b8e060592c0

Could someone tell me what i did wrong?
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

Proxy/VPN perhaps

No. It's banned for US IP addresses on mainnet. Allowed on testnet since it's testnet is just a playground. Once we release a desktop version you can run clearwallet according to your own rules. For now, it's just a precaution against overreaching US regulations. Get ready for NYC based bans across all the crypto world too if NYDFS pass their bitlicense. Even Circle is talking about banning NYC from it's products if the law passes in it's current proposed form.

Any ETA on desktop version? My U.S. state doesn't yet know what a Bitcoin is.

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 08:24:59 PM

Havin problems with clerawallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_market_details; Last error: Request Time out.

Every 30 sec i got this message.

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:53:46 AM

Its quiet up here. Any news on XCH adding to exchanges?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: