Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119085 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yo2monty

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:10:46 AM

@drak  I just created my first notarized document in ClearWallet - very easy, user friendly, and fast Smiley

I was just testing it out...I used a jpeg I had on my desktop and notarized it.  It gave me a hash and I named it "Trading Truth jpeg".

I noticed Chris Ellis doing a lot of this recently to prove ownership of his videos (I think that's what he's doing).

Can you please explain to me exactly how this works...for example: 
Can I send that hash to another Viacoin address now? 
Where can I view the notarized documents I created? 
How does that hash relate to the actual jpeg file stored on my desktop? 
Is the actual jpeg picture on the blockchain now?

Thanks...this is pretty cool Smiley

Will there be a Q&A on the ClearingHouse notary? That system is really innovative and new to us. Grin
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

@drak  I just created my first notarized document in ClearWallet - very easy, user friendly, and fast Smiley

I was just testing it out...I used a jpeg I had on my desktop and notarized it.  It gave me a hash and I named it "Trading Truth jpeg".

I noticed Chris Ellis doing a lot of this recently to prove ownership of his videos (I think that's what he's doing).

The use of a blockchain is for proof of publication, not storage of the publications. It doesnt make sense, nor is it desirable. The blockchain means you can prevent people from cheating. For example, I heard the US Supreme Court has rulings which only exist in their library... and have been altered after the fact. So notarizing PDF versions of these for example would mean you can always check the authenticity of the document and that it hasnt been changed.

When decentralized storage solutions are finally solved, like MAIDSafe then I would extend the protocol to have resource pointers so the actual documents can exists "in the cloud" too.  Remember in many cases it's not even desirable to reveal what you are notarizing: imagine you made a new technology design. You want to work on it in secret, but also prove you were the first. You can ensure you retain that proof without publishing the design to the world, yet, you can prove it after the fact if the need arrives. At that point you would have to reveal the document.

Once there are libraries for zero-knowledge proofs, you could then go a step further and notarize the snark and never have to reveal the document since the snark can do the proof using "moon maths".
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:17:30 AM

Will there be a Q&A on the ClearingHouse notary? That system is really innovative and new to us. Grin

Yes. I put it live but we're still working on the promotion material. I made a video yesterday also. Will publish it in the next few days probably.
AnthonyWittgenstein

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:08:02 AM

@drak  Awesome...this is exciting stuff! 

I assume you'll answer my questions in your Q&A and/or your video...I'll just wait until then...keep-up the good work, buddy Smiley
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:00:01 AM

@drak  Awesome...this is exciting stuff!  

I assume you'll answer my questions in your Q&A and/or your video...I'll just wait until then...keep-up the good work, buddy Smiley

Just poke about the UI, it's all there. Need to make improvements but the basic functionality and protocol has been implemented.
AnthonyWittgenstein

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

@drak  Ahhh...I didn't even realize there is a brand new tab called "Documents" in ClearWallet!

It's super clear to me now...I also transferred my notarized document to another one of my Viacoin addresses...very easy and straightforward.

I guess my only other question is:  how does the hash relate to the actual document on my desktop?  And if I send my hash to someone else, how can they use the hash to retrieve or find the original document?  (...or does CustodyChains come into play here?)  ...sorry, that's more than 1 question...if you answer these in your video, I'll gladly wait until then Smiley
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:36:49 AM

@drak  Ahhh...I didn't even realize there is a brand new tab called "Documents" in ClearWallet!

It's super clear to me now...I also transferred my notarized document to another one of my Viacoin addresses...very easy and straightforward.

I guess my only other question is:  how does the hash relate to the actual document on my desktop?  And if I send my hash to someone else, how can they use the hash to retrieve or find the original document?  (...or does CustodyChains come into play here?)  ...sorry, that's more than 1 question...if you answer these in your video, I'll gladly wait until then Smiley

The hash of the document never changes, since it's a hash of the document. Ownership can change.
You can verify by either entering the hash itself, or giving the document to the person then they can verify it in the interface.

CustodyChains come later once we've polished the BlockChain Notary.
J9901

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:11:28 PM

btcdrak, i was wondering if somewhere down the road you guys will change the UI of CounterWallet so its not so similar to counterparty & dogeparty?

obviously you guys are very focused on core development and alot of things are pretty much secondary. wouldnt expect something like this in the near-future but was wondering if you guys had it in your pipeline?

also, any updates concerning the desktop client?

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:51:11 PM

btcdrak, i was wondering if somewhere down the road you guys will change the UI of CounterWallet

features first.
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:04:05 PM

LOL, many ppl are discussing here about xcp and xch, more and more ppl know XCH/VIA now!
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:16:19 PM

Yes. I put it live but we're still working on the promotion material. I made a video yesterday also. Will publish it in the next few days probably.

I can help you translate XCH OP with Q&A to Chinese when everything is ready.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:21:06 PM

Sure. PM/Email
wom1979

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:50:12 PM

Sure. PM/Email

Drak,
Are we likely to get XCH onto Bitcoinwisdom.com?

Regards

WOM1979
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 08:14:46 PM

Sure. PM/Email

Drak,

Regards

WOM1979

It needs more trade volume on a larger exchange before they will add it. 
loveyouforever

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:00:17 PM

When I open my wallet(https://clearwallet.co), hit the below error "Got an error when trying to sync VIA balances: timeout", anyone can help me? What happened to the online wallet?
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

When I open my wallet(https://clearwallet.co), hit the below error "Got an error when trying to sync VIA balances: timeout", anyone can help me? What happened to the online wallet?

I got this error a lot of times but it never did any trouble. I clicked through several error messages and everything was fine.
yo2monty

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:24:05 PM

Sure. PM/Email

Drak,

Regards

WOM1979

It needs more trade volume on a larger exchange before they will add it. 

coming soon, i feel Grin
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:03:30 AM

quick question.. how is clearinghouse different from nxt as a platform for creating and issuing assets?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yo2monty

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:01:02 AM

quick question.. how is clearinghouse different from nxt as a platform for creating and issuing assets?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=734674.msg9064796#msg9064796
Loreerol

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:38:03 AM

Coins are on sale richt now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: