Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:15:34 PM

anyone working on an android/ios clearwallet?
+1 would be nice

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:51:23 PM

i think the user adoption could explode with a phone app, especially with being able to show it to people at conferences

BTCDRAK was looking for an android dev so is highly possible that We get that kind of app.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 06:02:26 PM

i think the user adoption could explode with a phone app, especially with being able to show it to people at conferences

BTCDRAK was looking for an android dev so is highly possible that We get that kind of app.

oh good, would be great.  there are a lot more people with mobile devices than there are with laptops
karmala

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:06:21 PM

crosspost:

Tweet @Bittrex to add XCH or retweet me. Ongoing Campain to add XCH to Bittrex.

edit: please keep also use our reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/viacoin/

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

So what's the deal with zynga?
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:28:03 PM

So what's the deal with zynga?
We'll find out tomorrow.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Drak,

I set up a viacoind in Ubuntu 14.04 and it's working perfectly. However, I followed http://clearinghoused-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/BuildingFromSource.html#on-linux to set up clearinghoused. It doesn't run.

Errors I get:
root@viacoin:~# sudo service clearinghoused start
clearinghoused start/running, process 1331

root@viacoin:~# clearinghoused server
Please run this script as a non-root user.

non-root user?

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:28:14 PM

Drak,

I set up a viacoind in Ubuntu 14.04 and it's working perfectly. However, I followed http://clearinghoused-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/BuildingFromSource.html#on-linux to set up clearinghoused. It doesn't run.

Errors I get:

non-root user?

If you run as a service the second command is not required. Just type clearinghoused help after
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 09:35:31 PM

lots of time out errors in the clearwallet

also the notary thing should not be hidden away in a sub menu
karmala

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:30:15 AM

[...]  the notary thing should not be hidden away in a sub menu

aggree

tbear

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:38:46 AM

Good morning all,

Has anyone created a comparison of ClearingHouse and Counterparty features please?

We can use this when putting ClearingHouse forward for new projects such as Gems (originally posted by Yingsena on the VIA thread)

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ltas9/we_are_gems_koinify_were_launching_gems_crowd/
karmala

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:09:09 AM

Good morning all,

Has anyone created a comparison of ClearingHouse and Counterparty features please?

We can use this when putting ClearingHouse forward for new projects such as Gems (originally posted by Yingsena on the VIA thread)

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ltas9/we_are_gems_koinify_were_launching_gems_crowd/

very important would be the speed diff. Would be good to have exact data here on average tranaction time ect.

A major diff is that ch uses opReturn which is not possible for counterparty anymore. Notary service, custody chains comming. Long term developement with tree chains. And most important: supportive politics.

andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 04:33:33 PM

Drak,

Errors I get:

non-root user?

If you run as a service the second command is not required. Just type clearinghoused help after

My problem is I don't know much about Python. I gather that installing Clearinghouse to Ubuntu means that I'm installing scripts that are built on the fly. Anyway, the setup.py runs accordingly and installs Clearinghoused as a service. But the next problem is whenever I do "sudo service clearinghoused start", the service doesn't show up. My impression is it started and then stopped.

Next I did other commands like "clearinghoused server", the script throws an error "Please run this script as a non-root user." so I did a "su username -c clearinghoused", and I get permission denied - chown or chmod doesn't remove the error.

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

Good morning all,

very important would be the speed diff. Would be good to have exact data here on average tranaction time ect.

A major diff is that ch uses opReturn which is not possible for counterparty anymore. Notary service, custody chains comming. Long term developement with tree chains. And most important: supportive politics.

don't be lazy leeches and cannibals, this is the strategy of idiots (aka people of low iq) used by losers.

there is so many potential projects out there go and talk to new businesses and people rather than have infighting over the same scrap of meat.

go be a big man or woman and hunt your own food...  there are plenty of elephants out there...

tbear

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:04:49 PM

Good morning all,

don't be lazy leeches and cannibals, this is the strategy of idiots (aka people of low iq) used by losers.

there is so many potential projects out there go and talk to new businesses and people rather than have infighting over the same scrap of meat.

go be a big man or woman and hunt your own food...  there are plenty of elephants out there...

prophetx,

I have a first class degree and masters in computer science from a red brick university in England. Hardly a person that has a low IQ or a loser.

Businesses differentiate themselves by having a unique selling point and being better than the competition.

I was trying to find out the facts about the ClearingHouse specification so that we can use this as a pitch for new projects that are looking for a platform (not specifically Gems).

What are you doing to help the coin / community?

karmala

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:06:49 PM

Good morning all,

prophetx,

I have a first class degree and masters in computer science from a red brick university in England. Hardly a person that has a low IQ or a loser.

Businesses differentiate themselves by having a unique selling point and being better than the competition.

I was trying to find out the facts about the ClearingHouse specification so that we can use this as a pitch for new projects that are looking for a platform (not specifically Gems).

hear, hear. I appreciate your effort and aggree with you.

krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:55:38 PM

I might be wrong on some of this but people can correct me, I managed to finish High School in the USA at a school with metal detectors at the entrance so im no loser Grin

OP RETURN:
I think the OP RETURN is currently at 120 bytes
Bitcoin has an OP RETURN of 40 bytes and that is not enough to use counterparty with OP RETURN therefore coutnerparty uses multisig on the Bitcoin Blockchain, this is also true for Dogeparty which is counterparty on the doge chain.
Multisig makes more "bloat" then by using OP RETURN

Notary:
Is fully functional, cheap and easy to use and public.

Speed:
Faster than counterparty, maybe as fast or faster than dogeparty

Cost:
Every action is a lot cheaper than counterparty, but  costs more than dogeparty.

Decentral Exchange:
Works, my subjective opinon based on use is that it is less buggy than counterparty or dogeparty DEX.

Politics:
The core devs of Bitcoin or Dogecoin might decide they dont like what the dev team of counterparty or dogeparty are doing and somehow make it more difficult for them to use the blockchain, Clearinghouse doesnt have this potential problem.
Core devs of both bitcoin and dogecoin have in the past spoke in a negaitve way about blockchain spam, I think this was before dogeparty exsited but I can not confirm.

Right now the other platforms that you could release tokens, shares, or lauch a decentral company on are: coutnerpary, clearinghouse, dogeparty, bitsharesX and maybe some others.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

Good morning all,

prophetx,

it is not a good sales and marketing strategy, actually it is a very bad strategy meant for a dying market... this is not a dying market.

a comparison matrix is unnecessary unless one plans to compete against some thing.

the competition is not XCP, the competition is "the legacy systems", read up on blue ocean strategy and you will understand why what you are asking for is useless and actually hurts the growth of the new industry from taking over the old industry

btw - yes, i do things, i rarely now talk about them here

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:29:39 PM

I might be wrong on some of this but people can correct me, I managed to finish High School in the USA at a school with metal detectors at the entrance so im no loser Grin

OP RETURN:
I think the OP RETURN is currently at 120 bytes
Bitcoin has an OP RETURN of 40 bytes and that is not enough to use counterparty with OP RETURN therefore coutnerparty uses multisig on the Bitcoin Blockchain, this is also true for Dogeparty which is counterparty on the doge chain.
Multisig makes more "bloat" then by using OP RETURN

Notary:
Is fully functional, cheap and easy to use and public.

Speed:
Faster than counterparty, maybe as fast or faster than dogeparty

Cost:
Every action is a lot cheaper than counterparty, but  costs more than dogeparty.

Decentral Exchange:
Works, my subjective opinon based on use is that it is less buggy than counterparty or dogeparty DEX.

Politics:
The core devs of Bitcoin or Dogecoin might decide they dont like what the dev team of counterparty or dogeparty are doing and somehow make it more difficult for them to use the blockchain, Clearinghouse doesnt have this potential problem.
Core devs of both bitcoin and dogecoin have in the past spoke in a negaitve way about blockchain spam, I think this was before dogeparty exsited but I can not confirm.

Right now the other platforms that you could release tokens, shares, or lauch a decentral company on are: coutnerpary, clearinghouse, dogeparty, bitsharesX and maybe some others.

no one cares,  the people with real money do not care about all this. they care about how good the team is, your integrity, how hard you work, do you think logically or do you make mental errors, who do you know, do you have a good head on your shoulders with street smarts/common sense, how do you interact and play well with others, are you able to be inclusive, etc.

that is one of the reason why XCP has been so successful, because they have many of these qualities.

the people you should be talking to might not even know about counterparty, in fact they should not know about them.

that is how you grow the market and SELL vision.

not by doing feature by feature comparisons, and introducing an alternative to a client who may otherwise not even know or care that it exists.

"hi sir my steak knife is better because it cuts faster".... "ok let me call them first"..."they told me that even though yours cuts fasters, theirs is more reliable and won't rust"... you lose
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:04:18 AM

sure I agree

If someone asks what the differences are then I dont have a problem trying to list them.

I for one am not "selling" anything. Instead of selling I think it is more usefull to use, experiment and get your hands dirty - use these tools.
If they have utility then , they should be used.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: